• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

aravuus

So now that we know that SE has been axing some projects can we expect KH3 to be cancelled? :)

I'm mentally prepared to hear news like "KH3 and FF Vs XIII cancelled". Or I like to think I am, I will still probably fall to the deepest depths of depression if it actually happened.

also

Banned
I didn't say Roxas will ''merge'' with Ven. I think Ven might inherit Roxas's memories due to the link he has with him. This is if they don't bring Roxas back for reals (honestly, I hope not because that just doesn't feel right for me and it would just ruin the whole bitterness of the character).

The ''new Ven'' would basically be a little closer to Roxas in personality (not as kiddy as BBS Ven) and just have his memories but still be Ven. Roxas would continue to not be a real character anymore.

But this is only if Roxas doesn't come back.

One little thing that has me believing this too is how they set up Leas friendship with Ven in BBS. The whole point in that is to reflect Axels friendship with Roxas.

But Roxas doesn't really have a link with Ven, they look alike and that's it. So far the games have only shown that Roxas has a bond with Sora; his memories, his keyblade, the ''you make a good other'' scene.

But she's already a Nobody... I wonder if she has a corresponding Heartless? Isn't her Heartless missing in action? I mean, it's complicated with her, to say it mildly, but for every Nobody, there's a Heartless and the other way around, right? So where did it go?

She's not a nobody. She's a puppet designed to absorb Sora's power and become his duplicate. At first she absorbs Sora's memories of Kairi (that's why she looks so much like her) but as time progresses she absorbs more and more until something really weird happens. In DDD it's also heavily hinted that she
grew a heart of her own

But Roxas doesn't really have a link with Ven, they look alike and that's it. So far the games have only shown that Roxas has a bond with Sora; his memories, his keyblade, the ''you make a good other'' scene.

Roxas is connected to Ven through Sora, thus the identical looks. Roxas and Vens heart reside in the same person and could quite possibly be the same heart when all is said and done.

also

Banned
Roxas is connected to Ven through Sora, thus the identical looks. Roxas and Vens heart reside in the same person and could quite possibly be the same heart when all is said and done.

So why would Ven inherit Roxas's memories if he is only connected to him through a proxy? Wouldn't it make more sense for the memories to stay inside Sora, who has a direct connection with Roxas, rather than Ven acquiring them, since the connection seems to only be superficial?
And there's no way they share the same heart. DDD spoilers.
Ven's heart was broken, that's why he went to sleep. It was not until DDD that Ven actually showed any signs of recovery (when Vanitas shows up, when he smiles at the end), but Roxas cried at the end of Days and we know that ''you have to have a heart to cry''. Ven's heart wasn't functioning back then, so Roxas must have his own. Plus there's the whole ''you are you, we are not the same'' cutscene with Sora. It would not make sense to stress Roxas' individuality only for him to be absorbed into someone else. Also, both the ending of Re:coded and the final hours and opening of DDD show them as completely separate characters.
I just can't see them merging together just because they look alike.

And so Roxas' struggle to find his place continues :(

Psxphile

I think the fangirls will riot if Ven and Roxas are "recompiled" into one entity.

I'm envisioning a scene where "Vexnas" has to choose between his two surrogate families. Heartbreaking stuff.

Psxphile

Some more DDD spoilers on why it makes more sense for Roxas to stay with Sora rather than merge with Ven.
Just watch this cutscene.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbIlv_7Ox1g
''This could have been the other way around..''
''You are me...''

But then
Sora makes the case that he deserves to be his own person. And he'll figure out a way to do it too, because that's who he is.

Also, Roxas was referring to that time he tried to take over Sora's body from within in KHII. It could have been him, but in the end he realized Sora was the better man. He makes that realization again in that cutscene.

also

Banned
But then
Sora makes the case that he deserves to be his own person. And he'll figure out a way to do it too, because that's who he is.

Also, Roxas was referring to that time he tried to take over Sora's body from within in KHII. It could have been him, but in the end he realized Sora was the better man. He makes that realization again in that cutscene.

I'm sure Roxas will come back but I'm just saying if Roxas were to be merged with someone, it would make way more sense for that person to be Sora rather than Ven.

I don't think he accepted Sora as the better man, he was just beaten up by him. Just look at his face when he says: '' this could have been the other way around...'' He's bitter and then sad. I think Roxas only came to peace with his ''fate'' when Sora says he deserves his own existence.

Oh yay, more clarification questions. Spoiler tagged from now on.

Okay, I need clarification on Ventus' heart during Birth by Sleep. Here's how I understand it.
Ventus has whole heart. Xehanort rips out half of Ventus' heart by creating Vanitas. Ventus establishes a link with Sora, allowing his heart to start healing (not sure)? Ventus and Vanitas eventually fight. Ventus' half of heart is totally damaged as a result of him defeating Vanitas (not sure)? By destroying Vanitas, that other half of heart is totally damaged (not sure)? The two halves of Ventus' heart make their way literally into Sora's heart at this point (not sure)?

I just am confused about the state of Ventus' heart over the course of BBS, so if I could get like a clear time order explanation, it would make my life much easier. Thanks.

Okay, I need clarification on Ventus' heart during Birth by Sleep. Here's how I understand it.
Ventus has whole heart. Xehanort rips out half of Ventus' heart by creating Vanitas. Ventus establishes a link with Sora, allowing his heart to start healing (not sure)? Ventus and Vanitas eventually fight. Ventus' half of heart is totally damaged as a result of him defeating Vanitas (not sure)? By destroying Vanitas, that other half of heart is totally damaged (not sure)? The two halves of Ventus' heart make their way literally into Sora's heart at this point (not sure)?

I just am confused about the state of Ventus' heart over the course of BBS, so if I could get like a clear time order explanation, it would make my life much easier. Thanks.

I think it is safe for not to tag BBS spoilers.

It is basically as you said. Xehanort extracts darkness from Ventus' heart and creates Vanitas, thus Ventus enters near comatose state. Ventus's heart enters newborn Soras heart where it can be nurtured and healed. Time passes and Ventus recovers somewhat while Eraqus is taking care of him. Later on at the end of BBS he fights with Vanitas, destroying the X-Blade and damaging his heart so he is broken again. Vens heart is in Sora ever since.

Edit: look my next post!

I think it is safe for not to tag BBS spoilers.

It is basically as you said. Xehanort extracts darkness from Ventus' heart and creates Vanitas, thus Ventus enters near comatose state. Ventus's heart enters newborn Soras heart where it can be nurtured and healed. Time passes and Ventus recovers somewhat while Eraqus is taking care of him. Later on at the end of BBS he fights with Vanitas, destroying the X-Blade and damaging his heart so he is broken again. Vens heart is in Sora ever since.

And that's why Roxas looks like Ventus?

Seda

How I understand it:

1.) Years before the events of Birth By Sleep, Ventus' heart is split into light and dark. This leaves the light part essentially broken and dying.

2.) Ventus is taken to Destiny Islands. Unexpectedly, Sora's heart begins to mend what is left of Ventus' heart. Ventus recovers but his memory is affected. So yes, a 'link' is formed. This link is also the speculation why Vanitas looks like Sora.

At this point, he is still with Master Xehanort, and the events of Birth By Sleep take place.

3.) At the Keyblade graveyard, Ven fights Vanitas (because Vanitas was threatening Aqua) and after the fight, Vanitas literally walks into Ventus and they fuse.

Now two battles occur: Vanitas/Ventus fused versus Aqua (basically the final boss of Aqua's story), and Ventus versus Vanitas in a metaphyscial battle (the final boss of Ventus' story).

4.) This fused form (basically looks like Vanitas with Ventus' head) recreates the X-Blade. However, Aqua defeats it and the X-Blade is partially broken.

5.) In order to stop the reformation of the X-Blade, Ventus is willing to destroy Vanitas and the X-Blade, knowing it would destroy himself. There's a metaphysical battle here. And Ventus wins.

6.) This leaves the heart now recombined, but broken. It goes back to Sora for now, and Ventus' body is placed in Land of Departure (which turns into Castle Oblivion) for safekeeping.

7.) Sora holding Ventus' heart is what causes Roxas to share similarities to Ventus. Roxas may even have Ventus' heart (is somehow influenced by it), although that's another issue.

You doing okay?

Is your sanity staying intact working on this project?

Getting there. Nah, I can't wait till we screen this sucker and I get to interact with the fans. Almost nearing the end of tweaking the script. Going through the more complicated stuff now. Production will begin next week (CG stuff already began, but putting the video together hasn't happened just yet). I've was half-joking at one point we should get Leonard Nimoy or Christopher Lee to do the VO. But I think Square Enix wouldn't allow those actors to do VO related to a role in one of their games without a lot of oversight, and I don't want to deal with that (nor do we have the time). So it will likely be an in-house voice talent.

Soriku

It did get another chance in DDD and that game was a dissapointment. The series is dead :(

Mang, don't make you smack you!

Ishimoto did say he had some secret project...and they were auditoning for new vocalists. And Nomura did say they gave Rhyme a voice in DDD in consideration for the future. Plus this:

TWEWY-iOS-Sequel-Tease.jpg

TWEWY2 is coming, believe!

Seda

Getting there. Nah, I can't wait till we screen this sucker and I get to interact with the fans. Almost nearing the end of tweaking the script. Going through the more complicated stuff now. Production will begin next week (CG stuff already began, but putting the video together hasn't happened just yet). I've was half-joking at one point we should get Leonard Nimoy or Christopher Lee to do the VO. But I think Square Enix wouldn't allow those actors to do VO related to a role in one of their games without a lot of oversight, and I don't want to deal with that (nor do we have the time). So it will likely be an in-house voice talent.

Sounds good. It'll be interesting to see!

Soriku

Soriku please don't raise my hopes up.
I'll die if it's iOS. :c TWEWY deserves so much more...

BELIEVE!

I really doubt they'd put it on iOS. I don't think they've made any original games with TWEWY's caliber for iOS only, and I'm pretty sure they realize that a lot of the fanbase is on dedicated handhelds (plus it helps that the 3DS is doing well in Japan too).

Groof

I bet he has this really gravely, pedophile-like voice now.

"Hey Riku, let's party in the back of my van aww yeahhhhhhh"

I bet he has this really gravely, pedophile-like voice now.

"Hey Riku, let's party in the back of my van aww yeahhhhhhh"

His voice is fine to be fair if they FINALLY stopped using the friggin young Sora for whatever stupid reasons. Also I think he is a good actor but is being held back by stupid dialogue and direction mostly especially in DDD for example.

Groof

He's probably really regretting being part of KH these days with all the cheese he has to spew into those mics.
30-year old Sora for KH3?

Bladenic

I'm mentally prepared to hear news like "KH3 and FF Vs XIII cancelled". Or I like to think I am, I will still probably fall to the deepest depths of depression if it actually happened.

Doubt it. If anything, they (hopefully) cancelled Versus so that Nomura and the team can actually start working on KH3 properly.

Joqu

Those battle grunts always sound hilarious when you hear them out of the game.
And hot.

Anyway I'm Scarl and I'm new here and I like Kingdom Hearts because it's cooooooool.
Now let's be friends and eat ice cream and beat the crap out of each other with giant keys.

And hot.

Anyway I'm Scarl and I'm new here and I like Kingdom Hearts because it's cooooooool.
Now let's be friends and eat ice cream and beat the crap out of each other with giant keys.

Oh no, another Days fan!

Welcome <3

TheMink

And hot.

Welcome boss

Groof

And hot.

Or beat each other with giant ice creams and eat keys. Feel free to voice all your hate and discontent about this franchise in here.
Welcome!

Joqu

How would you know if I'm Days fan out of that?
Seriously, how? D:

And uh, discontent... Well they could hurry up with releasing that HD Collection here. Why the hell is it taking so long. >>

Joqu

They don't this time either, yet it's taking them 6 months to bring it over. Says quite a bit, doesn't it?

Yeah. And I don't know how to feel about the timing of all of this, it's quite weird. Oh well, can't complain about finally getting the final mixes.

Top Bottom