• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Blows my mind how fuckin long it takes for us to get the second (and even the first) collection compared to all the other HD collections :(.

I want to start another playtrough of KH2FM but I must stay strong!

I expect it to get announced this summer.

KH2FM and BBSFM require less work to feel modern than KH1FM does, but KH2FM may be harder to get running at a solid framerate. Re:CoM runs on the same version of the engine, though, IIRC, so perhaps it's all good now that they've fixed those issues in Re:CoM.

I'm curious to see what, if any, additions might get made to those versions of the game past the Final Mix content.

I'd actually say Re:CoM HD runs a tad worse than it's PS2 counterpart. A bit more load times everywhere, and it seems to frame drop randomly every now and then.

Tsunamo

I expect 2.5 to hit Japan in Q1 next year, Kingdom Hearts games have mostly had that release window in recent years. (Birth By Sleep, BBSFM, DDD, 1.5 HD)
I want to start another playtrough of KH2FM but I must stay strong!
My CRT died so I can't even if I wanted to. :(
At least it makes the wait for 2.5 slightly easier.

How is 4+ months ridiculous for a game that will probably be massive and have tons of voice work?

It's high time SE improved the co-operation between sections to fasten the localization times like every other big publisher. They have already shown they can do it with games like XIII and XIII-2 for example (and the upcoming Lightning Returns). I highly doubt KH3 is much more massive. Having XIII-2 localized in 1 month is not some miracle.

And lumping KH3 along with some niche JRPGs is not exactly correct imo.

aravuus

Yeah, SE really is fucking dumb with this stuff. I mean, for example, Lost Odyssey came out in the US two months after the Japanese release, which would be alright. And here we are, waiting half a fucking year for KH HD.. Jesus christ ugh SE arghhasfiu hsaödog

Groof

They need to get their fucking priorities straight. People are practically telling them what to do and what they want, yet they focus on the completely wrong things. No one gives a flying fuck about FFXIII-3 yet they probably got 90% of their workforce on that. KH1.5 on the other hand is something a lot of people want, like, right the fuck now, and they already got pretty much all the work done and could've had a simultaneous international release if they just put a bit of effort in. They're messed up and delusional. If recent events haven't taught them shit then they might as well go the way of THQ.
I fucking hope FFXIII-3 bombs to all hell. Maybe the only times they can do good is when they're on the brink of bankruptcy.

aravuus

SE might as well die out after KH3 for all I care. Maybe the people who know what the fuck they should be doing get hired to better companies with less dumb CEOs

They need to get their fucking priorities straight. People are practically telling them what to do and what they want, yet they focus on the completely wrong things. No one gives a flying fuck about FFXIII-3 yet they probably got 90% of their workforce on that. KH1.5 on the other hand is something a lot of people want, like, right the fuck now, and they already got pretty much all the work done and could've had a simultaneous international release if they just put a bit of effort in. They're messed up and delusional. If recent events haven't taught them shit then they might as well go the way of THQ.
I fucking hope FFXIII-3 bombs to all hell. Maybe the only times they can do good is when they're on the brink of bankruptcy.

I'll laugh if 1.5 outsells Lightning Returns.

Well ok it won't happen but it would be funny.

Groof

I'll laugh if 1.5 outsells Lightning Returns.

Well ok it won't happen but it would be funny.

I'll cry if FFXIII-3 sells more than 500k. Even then that feels like too much. I really, really, really fucking hope it bombs real hard. They used to do so much good. Now look at them. A pitiful old man clinging to his past, trying to be all cool and hip, not realizing the world has moved on.

FSLink

Banned

Normally I'd look down on posts like this, but FFXIII-3 looks so awful.

also

Banned
It's high time SE improved the co-operation between sections to fasten the localization times like every other big publisher. They have already shown they can do it with games like XIII and XIII-2 for example (and the upcoming Lightning Returns). I highly doubt KH3 is much more massive. Having XIII-2 localized in 1 month is not some miracle.

And lumping KH3 along with some niche JRPGs is not exactly correct imo.

Well, I'm not really sure SE is has that much confidence in the KH franchise anymore (just look at the 1.5 delay) to be willing to spend the necessary resources for a simultaneous localization. They also have to deal with Disney and their requirements, so changing (or adding ) a cutscene might not be as ''simple'' as changing the animation and rerecording some lines. And if DDD is any indication, there will still be some silly censorship in the Western releases.

RPGCrazied

The only trophy looks like I will have a hard time with is the beat the game in under 15hrs. God I hate timed trophies. My complete times are always 25hr or more.

Vashetti

Banned
The only trophy looks like I will have a hard time with is the beat the game in under 15hrs. God I hate timed trophies. My complete times are always 25hr or more.

Skip cutscenes (unsure if these count towards your time).

Skip the optional worlds (100 Acre Wood, etc.)

Make sure you've done all the grindy stuff on your other playthroughs (Gummi Ship, Synthesising, max level, etc.)

Tsunamo

I swear to god I'll shoot myself if KH3 has some ridicilous 4+ months delay for localization.
Please be excited.
I thought that originally too (especially with the only version I'd played before being 50hz so 17% slower) but it's actually quite easy with the early game bonus's begginer gives you. I managed to complete it in with a hours to spare even going for the no equips trophy, same with when I did my normal mode run.

Aslong as you skip most optional things and grind for when you need to for bosses it should work out to be fairy easy. But yeah, I'm not a fan of speedrun trophys either, those type of things should be kept out of trophy lists imo (along with online achievements unless it's a game that's online only)

Basically, people looking to platinum KH1 should do one runthrough on Beginner difficulty, using only the standard Keyblade, skipping worlds, and choosing the options in the beginning that have you level up quicker toward the beginning.

Then, one runthrough on Proud mode, using the options that have you level up faster later in the game, and doing completionism on that difficulty.

People looking to platinum Re:Chain of Memories should quit their job because it will take hundreds of hours.

Soriku

How is 4+ months ridiculous for a game that will probably be massive and have tons of voice work?

4+ months would be atrocious. KH3 will be the series finale and going that long with spoilers bound to be everywhere...I can't even.

aravuus

I hope that also means it's the end of Sora's story. He gets together with Kairi and makes a bunch of kids and they live their lives happily ever after, yay. It's Sora's (and Riku's, Kairi's, you know, protags') story I'm invested and interested in, not some asshole Xehanort's. End their story and I can pretty safely say I don't have to be concerned about the next KH titles.

Village

Considering he is from Nomuras Final Fantasy, extremely likely. I expect Lightning too.

Watch Noctis appear in a KH game before Versus is released.

Which we be cool, since every weapon I have seen him use is essentially a keyblade anyway.That and Nero's sword from dmc4.

Also I have been playing through the kh games alot recent.

I have some... criticisms, mostly about sora actually.

Bladenic

Personally I hope KH3 is the end of this series completely. As I'm sure that wont happen I hope it is at least the end of Sora and crew.

I hope that also means it's the end of Sora's story. He gets together with Kairi and makes a bunch of kids and they live their lives happily ever after, yay. It's Sora's (and Riku's, Kairi's, you know, protags') story I'm invested and interested in, not some asshole Xehanort's. End their story and I can pretty safely say I don't have to be concerned about the next KH titles.
He also said that after Xehanort is dead the next saga will still feature Sora and co.

He also said that after Xehanort is dead the next saga will still feature Sora and co.

I'm sort of curious how he'll launch the next 'saga.' Possibly with BBS Volume 2 showing Aqua's adventures in the land of darkness and introducing the next major antagonist? It's hard to say, IMO.

Top Bottom