• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

Bladenic

Elderly Riku training the new, young protagonist to become a Keyblade master and take out a corrupted Sora.

After all the shit Sora went through in KH 3D
including that fucking asshole Yen Sid not giving him the title of Master despite the events of the game kind of being his fault
I wouldn't be surprised.

After all the shit Sora went through in KH 3D
including that fucking asshole Yen Sid not giving him the title of Master despite the events of the game kind of being his fault
I wouldn't be surprised.

Just like
Anakin not being granted the rank of Jedi Master
. Oh snap, I was being facetious before but...

I just want another world as big and expansive and complex as KH1's Hollow Bastion. It's the only Kingdom Hearts environment that I'd say is worth of being called an actual 'dungeon.' Nothing since has matched it.

Bladenic

Just like
Anakin not being granted the rank of Jedi Master
. Oh snap, I was being facetious before but...

Yep. I felt soooo bad for Sora
especially given Yen Sid's reasoning. "Oh Riku saved you cuz you got FUCKED up by the bad guys which btw I should have known but I didn't and I made ya'll do it so it's really my fault you got FUCKED up but Riku saved you so he wins."

It doesn't really matter, KH 3D managed to fuck the series' story so far beyond saving that I honestly don't care what happens in KH3. The boss fights should be ace though.

aravuus

It doesn't really matter, KH 3D managed to fuck the series' story so far beyond saving that I honestly don't care what happens in KH3. The boss fights should be ace though.

Unfortunately feeling the same way. At least playing a new KH on a real goddamn console for once will feel good, I hate playing action games on handhelds.

I just want another world as big and expansive and complex as KH1's Hollow Bastion. It's the only Kingdom Hearts environment that I'd say is worth of being called an actual 'dungeon.' Nothing since has matched it.

I agree, KH1's Hollow Bastion is my favorite area in the entire game. Fun puzzles, great environmental design, killer atmosphere.

Fantastic area. Only other area that I felt came close was the cave of Remembrance in KH2 but it was still far off.

Order

Just finished KH 3D.

LOL WTF FUCK THIS GAME, FUCK THIS SERIES, AND FUCK NOMURA. FUCK THIS STORY.
I was always one of those guys saying the story isn't as complicated as some make it out to be. DDD changed that. That game is the biggest clusterfuck I've ever played, and I've played every MGS.

Vashetti

Banned
I wouldn't mind it if KH3 started on Destiny Islands, as long as we get to explore the entirety of the islands.

I want to explore the area where we see Kairi and Selphie in KH2, with all the houses.

Need to go and tell Sora's mom that he's still not coming to dinner.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
I was always one of those guys saying the story isn't as complicated as some make it out to be. DDD changed that. That game is the biggest clusterfuck I've ever played, and I've played every MGS.

I imagine KH3 will pull a MGS4 and manage to answer nearly every question. We'll see if they can pull it off.
Even though half the stuff in MGS4 was handwaved to "nanomachines".

Village

Middle-aged Sora training new, young protagonist to become a Keyblade master. Calling it now.

Riku, seems like his deal.

Also from what I gathered from the games sora "thing" seems to be some type of heart/soul recycling bin.

Riku's thing seems to be hitting things hard. That sounds like insult, valuable skill.

Riku, dispute being kinda of a jerk in kh1, kinda is the thing that keeps the story going. Like when sora goes into a coma, or spawns dopple gangers, or gets kidnapped , or needs guidance or any combination of those things, Riku seems to be the fix it man for everyone problems. Not only did he deserve that keyblade master title, dude deserves a nap.

Sora and Riku have developed a weird relationship.

Soriku

Yep. I felt soooo bad for Sora
especially given Yen Sid's reasoning. "Oh Riku saved you cuz you got FUCKED up by the bad guys which btw I should have known but I didn't and I made ya'll do it so it's really my fault you got FUCKED up but Riku saved you so he wins."

Sora doesn't care. Lol.

I still don't agree with DDD completely fucking things up. Besides the time travel and the Xehanort thing there isn't much to complain about.

aravuus

Sora doesn't care. Lol.

I still don't agree with DDD completely fucking things up. Besides the time travel and the Xehanort thing there isn't much to complain about.

The time travel's huge though, it makes explaining every goddamn plothole with "it's time travel" possible. And I have a bad feeling that's exactly what they are going to be doing. What, retcon? No no no, they traveled in time.

I love stories that are built around time travel. KH is not.

Soriku

The time travel's huge though, it makes explaining every goddamn plothole with "it's time travel" possible. And I have a bad feeling that's exactly what they are going to be doing. What, retcon? No no no, they traveled in time.

I love stories that are built around time travel. KH is not.

Not with the way the TT rules are set up. It's actually restrictive to an extent.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
That's 358/2 Days finished.
I can see what people mean now when they say this one isn't that good.
The panel system was bizarre, and the game just got repetitive and boring after a while. At least the story held my interest. The ending was all worth it, as now more KH2 questions have been answered.

Now time for ICE CREAM! I mean Birth by Sleep.

EDIT: Or not... seems my Memory Stick is tiny and even the smallest installation won't work. I just ordered a 4GB Memory Stick, will wait for that. You can probably tell I barely touched my PSP.

Square Enix really couldn't be bothered to add a Theater Mode to KH Final Mix in the HD collection? So much hate. 62 save files all over the place to help get HD footage of SD shots used in the current cut of Timeline this week.

I also want to say I still don't get why the Heartless battle before you go to fight Ansem gives me so much trouble. The room where you have to fight waves of Heartless until the door falls apart revealing the path forward. Other than the final Ursula battle, I usually have no problem getting through this game. Other than forgetting where the final mushroom is on Destiny Islands and running around lost for 30 minutes.

Square Enix really couldn't be bothered to add a Theater Mode to KH Final Mix in the HD collection? So much hate. 62 save files all over the place to help get HD footage of SD shots used in the current cut of Timeline this week.

I also want to say I still don't get why the Heartless battle before you go to fight Ansem gives me so much trouble. The room where you have to fight waves of Heartless until the door falls apart revealing the path forward. Other than the final Ursula battle, I usually have no problem getting through this game. Other than forgetting where the final mushroom is on Destiny Islands and running around lost for 30 minutes.

It is kinda weird that they wouldn't add theater mode since you'd think that would be quite easy to add and would make sense since like every other game in the series has it now.

Good times.

My phases with video games:

01) Totally noob who knows nothing, but pretends to know something.
02) Actually decide to play it a bit, think you know a lot, but when it comes time to demonstrate knowledge you choke and realize you're a fraud
03) Play more randomly rocking your way through most of the game with no issues thinking you're a pro now
04) But then you get stuck at one part! Reality check! You suck again!
05) Overcome part shouting obscenities at console in triumph, not realizing you're yelling at an inanimate object that DGAF.
06) Play game over and over because everything else looks so boring. In reality scared to move on to something else.
07) Eventually because of this you get really good at game and can actually be part of the real fan base.
08) Then at some point you move on and don't play game for a long time.
09) However, one day you need to play game again for some reason. It's been a long time ...
10) If more than 5 years, go back to step 1. Otherwise, go back to step 2.

Yeah, I really wish the game had a Theater Mode (and it'd be extra-awesome to have the Coliseum set up so you could re-fight any of the boss battles from the whole game). Ah well.

Would be pretty cool to see 2.5 announced at E3. I am of course expecting TGS but damn its lame for such late HD collections. Reveal at E3, Japan release in January and western release in March would be ace instead of late 2014 zzzz.

Or better yet: release that shit THIS year in Japan and western release in January but ya know, 1 KH game every year right? Late 2013 isn't that packed in Japan for SE as it is for US and especially EU if you count Bravely Default.

botty

Banned
Would be pretty cool to see 2.5 announced at E3. I am of course expecting TGS but damn its lame for such late HD collections. Reveal at E3, Japan release in January and western release in March would be ace instead of late 2014 zzzz.

Or better yet: release that shit THIS year in Japan and western release in January but ya know, 1 KH game every year right? Late 2013 isn't that packed in Japan for SE as it is for US and especially EU if you count Bravely Default.

Naw, they're probably going to try and stick to the 1 KH game per year that they've been doing.

Akai__

My 1st Kingdom Hearts game was "Chain of Memmories" for GBA. I wonder if the story got continued or is there no clear chronological order in the Kingdom Hearts story?

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
My 1st Kingdom Hearts game was "Chain of Memmories" for GBA. I wonder if the story got continued or is there no clear chronological order in the Kingdom Hearts story?

The real chronological order:
Birth by Sleep -> I -> Chain of Memories -> 358/2 Days -> II -> Re:coded -> 3D -> III(?)

But if you want the essentials + how you should play it:
1 -> CoM -> a video of 358/2 Days -> 2 -> BbS -> probably a video of 3D

Birth by Sleep -> I -> Chain of Memories -> 358/2 Days -> II -> Re:coded -> 3D -> III(?)

I dare say Days should be played/watched after 2.

Yes, this.

Which is also why I think that the second half of that 'essentials' order is what we'll get in the 2.5 HD collection.

sharnaak

How comes a video of 3D? If you own a 3ds there's no reason really to skip it, it's not as repetitive as 358/2 or filled with random missions, it's a seriously good game with a few new worlds and a lot of fun gameplay addition. Oh and Riku.

aravuus

It's an alright game, though not that good. Certainly worth maybe 15 to 20 euros though, and I doubt it costs much more than that nowadays. So yeah, might as well get it.

Riku +1 tho yeh

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Playing in the chronological order is not a good idea. Release order is best.

I think IMO only 358/2 Days can be played out of order aka before 2 (and since the 1.5 HD Collection bundles up 1, CoM, and 358/2)

How comes a video of 3D? If you own a 3ds there's no reason really to skip it, it's not as repetitive as 358/2 or filled with random missions, it's a seriously good game with a few new worlds and a lot of fun gameplay addition. Oh and Riku.

Let me put it conversely, if you're going to buy a 3DS for KH, then it won't be worth it at all (I bought it for KH3D and RER). The game has nice worlds but the problem is that the story
starts at the end of the game.

Not to mention 12 hours for a KH game is sorely disappointing.

Sure it's better than 358/2 Days and Coded but it's pretty far off from KH1, KH2, and BbS (dunno about CoM though).

Psxphile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpknxKrcLDk

Best KH trailer music? I think so. Shame the game itself didn't feature the track anywhere except for a small excerpt in the track of the final credits sequence. Deep Dive's Another Side got used and remixed all over the franchise, to mostly good results.

Also, why is Square-Enix so afraid to commission a new vocal artist to replace Hikaru Utada? She's not coming back, sad as it may be to realize. BBS could of had an amazing vocal song, in keeping with KH1 and 2. Or a downright terrible one, but at least they couldn't be accused of rehashing.

If KHIII reuses Hikari/Simple & Clean or Passion/Sanctuary anywhere I'm going to scream, "PLEASE, OH BABY DON'T GO".

Soriku

Let me put it conversely, if you're going to buy a 3DS for KH, then it won't be worth it at all (I bought it for KH3D and RER). The game has nice worlds but the problem is that the story
starts at the end of the game.

Not to mention 12 hours for a KH game is sorely disappointing.

Sure it's better than 358/2 Days and Coded but it's pretty far off from KH1, KH2, and BbS (dunno about CoM though).

12 hours?? Stop blasting through games lol. I spent 37 hours before I beat the game (I did some side stuff though) and I spent 60+ in total. In general the average for the story is 20-25 hours or so. 12 hours is on the far low end. There's a good amount of side content.

A lot of the story is in the beginning and end but KH2 was pretty much the same way...

It's worth playing for Flowmotion, the music, the new worlds, and set up for KH3.

Akai__

Okay, I'm currently playing 358/2 days and I'm on day 24. I still don't get, why this is the continuation of CoM, because I know what happened in CoM at the end and this is very confusing.

Will it be explained, why Sora is Roxas now and why he lost his memories and so on?

Seems very confusing for a continuation. :/

Soriku

Okay, I'm currently playing 358/2 days and I'm on day 24. I still don't get, why this is the continuation of CoM, because I know what happened in CoM at the end and this is very confusing.

Will it be explained, why Sora is Roxas now and why he lost his memories and so on?

Days' events take place before and after CoM.

Also Sora isn't Roxas...

Seda

Just keep playing, it'll eventually make (a little) more sense.

(I bought it for KH3D and RER)

I bought a 3DS for three things: Megaman Legends 3, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and RE: Revelations. One got cancelled, one was a massive disappointment, and the other comes out on HD platforms later this month.

Well, at least I got Theatrhythm and Bravely Default out of this thing. :/

ULTROS!

I bought a 3DS for three things: Megaman Legends 3, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and RE: Revelations. One got cancelled, one was a massive disappointment, and the other comes out on HD platforms later this month.

Well, at least I got Theatrhythm and Bravely Default out of this thing. :/

But Theatrhythm is also on iOS. :p

Top Bottom