• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Community Thread: Now everybody can be a Keyblade Wielder!

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Didn't it actually have different songs?

They removed a few like Theme of Love (FFIV) and Walts of the Moon (FFVIII), basically a few of the event songs. Although they did add songs X-2, FFVII:AC, and FFT.

... They should make a KH Theatrhythm

aravuus

I bought a 3DS for three things: Megaman Legends 3, Kingdom Hearts 3D, and RE: Revelations. One got cancelled, one was a massive disappointment, and the other comes out on HD platforms later this month.

Well, at least I got Theatrhythm and Bravely Default out of this thing. :/

What, BD has been released in the west?!

e: oh goddamn it got excited too quickly

They removed a few like Theme of Love (FFIV) and Walts of the Moon (FFVIII), basically a few of the event songs. Although they did add songs X-2, FFVII:AC, and FFT.

I almost expect it. Now that they want main KH games back to consoles for a while a Theatrythm spinoff would be perfect for handhelds and easy money even with small sales I'd imagine. The core gameplay ect. is now there, they already have KH characters in the artstyle. 3DS/Vita/iOS release thx.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Can't wait to (re)play KH1 in my PS3. :T

Anyway guys, when do you think KHIII will be revealed?

Can't wait to (re)play KH1 in my PS3. :T

Anyway guys, when do you think KHIII will be revealed?

Less than a month. Maybe TGS.

I know how stupid this sounds but I think there will be 2 years between announcement and release and I expect KH3 to release in 2015. If KH3 was 2016+ release they might as well just bury the franchise.

If we go by the famous one KH per year then it only makes sense to have 2.5 in 2014 and KH3 in 2015. They don't want to have any major games on handhelds anymore at least before KH3 so there is that. The only copout from the yearly leadup would be standalone DDD HD remaster in 2015 with KH3 in 2016 and I might as well just kill myself at that point.

If the game is supposed to be for PS3 then it certainly needs to be announced this year and probably would be pretty lame even still if it was 2015 release so I'm not counting on this, at least it needs to be crossgen and even then the 2015 standards probably would not be met cause I think 2014->2015 is the final transition from cross-gen to next-gen. If it was PS4 title then they might as well just have it announced at E3 like they did with KH3D when 3DS was announced 2 years before release.

Less than a month. Maybe TGS.

I know how stupid this sounds but I think there will be 2 years between announcement and release and I expect KH3 to release in 2015. If KH3 was 2016+ release they might as well just bury the franchise.

If we go by the famous one KH per year then it only makes sense to have 2.5 in 2014 and KH3 in 2015. They don't want to have any major games on handhelds anymore at least before KH3 so there is that. The only copout from the yearly leadup would be standalone DDD HD remaster in 2015 with KH3 in 2016 and I might as well just kill myself at that point.

Eh, I think they'd wait until 2.5 HD came out to announce KH3, even if it were only about a year before release.

I think that this generation's patterns of announcing games multiple years before they come out has really bit Square-Enix in the ass, and the pattern we'll see with KH3 is more similar to that we're seeing with FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns, i.e. announcement a year or less before the game's release.

Eh, I think they'd wait until 2.5 HD came out to announce KH3, even if it were only about a year before release.

I think that this generation's patterns of announcing games multiple years before they come out has really bit Square-Enix in the ass, and the pattern we'll see with KH3 is more similar to that we're seeing with FFXIII-2 and Lightning Returns, i.e. announcement a year or less before the game's release.

I think KH3 and XVI will both be such big names that they will be announced more than a year before release. With XV it probably is just renamed Versus and hopefully a 2014 title.

I have no doubt that they will not do another Versus where it will be 7+ years between announcement and release tho but 2 years is pretty standard for such big names.

I think they will approach 2.5 as a bridge game release of sorts with announcement together with the next ''big thing'', kinda like with KH2 and CoM, Coded+Days with Birth By Sleep and Re:Coded with DDD.

But if the announcement is only a year or less before release then colour me surprised.

I think the absolute worst case nightmare scenario for full blown KH3 announcement is 2014 TGS.

Soriku

I don't expect any KH3 announcement till 2014. An announcement this E3 is a pipe dream. 1.5 Remix hasn't even been released here yet and 2.5 Remix has yet to be announced. TGS is where they'll announce 2.5 Remix most likely but I don't expect them to announce KH3 at the same time.

Earliest I can see an announcement is E3 2014.

Psxphile

I'm going to agree with the sentiment that the ReMix's will buy SE another year or two before having to announce KHIII. However, I'm willing to accept that they may already be working on it in a limited capacity in order to have something substantial to show when the announcement comes.

Rhythmic_Ice.JPG

Anyone else feel like they could have added a little more to the ReMix? Staff Video Interviews, artwork gallery, 'Making of' documentaries, high-quality trailers... I don't know, something? Maybe I'm spoiled by movies and TV series on Blu-Ray, how often do these HD collections include bonus content like that?

I'm going to agree with the sentiment that the ReMix's will buy SE another year or two before having to announce KHIII. However, I'm willing to accept that they may already be working on it in a limited capacity in order to have something substantial to show when the announcement comes.

Rhythmic_Ice.JPG

Anyone else feel like they could have added a little more to the ReMix? Staff Video Interviews, artwork gallery, 'Making of' documentaries, high-quality trailers... I don't know, something? Maybe I'm spoiled by movies and TV series on Blu-Ray, how often do these HD collections include bonus content like that?

I guess Ultimanias ect is supposed to be their ''dvd extra''.

Fun lil tidbit: music used in the last playable section of the latest game is a remix of the music used in the first playable section of the first game yay.

Hey guys, I have a fun game. Post theories you had about Kingdom Hearts games in the past and whether or not they came true. If you posted them on a forum or something, see if you can link it.

I'm gonna try and find some of mine.

We had whole threads with hundreds of posts about KH3 theories back in the day on the Kingdom Hearts brazilian community (which I'm a mod :p).

The most notable one is that based on the BBS secret movie in KH2FM and some other tidbits here and there we figured out pretty much all of Terra's story in the game before it released, including him
becoming Xehanort
. Good times.

I think I'm too afraid to do this :lol.
Haha there is no shame in the past.

So i had a theory (the forum I posted it on has no memory of any of my threads) that was based on the thing in the Director Secret Report that says, essentially, nothing dies in Kingdom Hearts world. So my theory was (bear in mind, KH2FM just came out) that all of the members of the Org that you destroyed would be made whole and would come back.

It seems so obvious now but everyone was like "you are retarded, that would never happen." Suck it KHInsider.

The most notable one is that based on the BBS secret movie in KH2FM and some other tidbits here and there we figured out pretty much all of Terra's story in the game before it released, including him
becoming Xehanort
. Good times.

Yeah, me and my buddy did a photoshop analysis of the hair and face similarities... Good times.

Oh, this one hasn't been confirmed but there is a bull on Master Xehanort's keyblade and the only other place it is found is on the front of Castle Oblivion. Now that we know what Castle Oblivion's origins are I wonder if that has any significance.

botty

Banned
Bestest new theory is that Guardian heartless is in fact Eraqus.

This is a theory I hope would turn out to be true. Would make for a touching reveal in the game, though I am not exactly sure why it would function properly for Riku, unless we consider that Riku has a few men inside him at any given time.

This is a theory I hope would turn out to be true. Would make for a touching reveal in the game, though I am not exactly sure why it would function properly for Riku, unless we consider that Riku has a few men inside him at any given time.

Basically just make the heartless that appeared with Riku just a cheap copy of sorts, I dunno :). They could also establish a ''link'' between him and Terra since he is the successor and all dat.

I don't believe the thing anyway but could be cool. Also my own lil theory I have talked aboot is that
Master Xehanort is not the real current Xehanort. Terranort is but he has yet to reveal himself.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Been slowly going through Birth by Sleep. I can't wait for the 2.5 ReMix so I can use a PS3 controller. Not too fond of the PSP, not as comfortable as the DS/3DS.

I love the battle system with the command deck and finishers. So much fun.

I'm going to try as close as 100% as I can. I say close since I tried the ice cream rhythm game and... yeah that's not happening. I have no rhythm.

KH2 had some good mini-games but they didn't fuckin do anything with em :(.

Like they could have expanded on the Pooh minigames with balloon, jumping minigame, sliding minigame... They could have been fun with more levels and more difficulty.

Same for Atlantica. It needed to have more difficulty options ect.

Gummi stuff was ok but even that could have been expanded even more.

WatTsu

Got Dream Drop Distance for $10 in the Best Buy sale earlier this week. It's the first one I played after the end of KH2 left me cold -
I liked hanging out with Goofy and Donald more than I did Sora and Roxas, so taking them out of the endgame altogether was not something I enjoyed, plus the story started getting really ridiculous.

That said, I'm coming around to this game a little more, though I wish they'd let me just pick one of the two characters and stick with them.

Is there a good guide (other than that Google Doc that was floating around out there for a while) for the story to this point, or should I just go read the Wikipedia entries for the first two games and BBS?

Seda

Got Dream Drop Distance for $10 in the Best Buy sale earlier this week. It's the first one I played after the end of KH2 left me cold -
I liked hanging out with Goofy and Donald more than I did Sora and Roxas, so taking them out of the endgame altogether was not something I enjoyed, plus the story started getting really ridiculous.

That said, I'm coming around to this game a little more, though I wish they'd let me just pick one of the two characters and stick with them.

Is there a good guide (other than that Google Doc that was floating around out there for a while) for the story to this point, or should I just go read the Wikipedia entries for the first two games and BBS?

GameTrailer's Kingdom Hearts timeline is out in a week.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Gummi Ship was actually made fun in KH2 so props to that.

Atlantica was an abomination that we should never speak of again.

I'll never get why they gave Ursula a new original song when Poor Unfortunate Souls was right there for the taking.
I hope we don't see Atlantica in the next game, no more bad controls or "finny fun" please.

aravuus

I would die so much inside if Xbone got something KH related. I hate the anti-consumerist shit so much I will never buy the console unless they take away most of the restrictions, but ignoring a KH game would be so ridiculously hard. I bought 3DS for DDD and will some day buy PSP for BBS.

I would die so much inside if Xbone got something KH related. I hate the anti-consumerist shit so much I will never buy the console unless they take away most of the restrictions, but ignoring a KH game would be so ridiculously hard. I bought 3DS for DDD and will some day buy PSP for BBS.

But you can just get a new PS3 for dat BBS HD :D

Top Bottom