• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Yep that was me too.

And with Traverse Town second visit, Leon gives you a summon and then you go right up to Merlin but it doesn't work that way. You seriously have to go back to the first district to talk to Cid and then go all the way to Merlin's house. I honestly leveled up like 5 times just not remembering where to go with these damn trigger sequences.

Same only I went all over Traverse Town only to go back to First District to talk to Yuffie, found Leon underground which led to Cid then Merlin. It's been forever since I've played this so I don't have every sequence down in my head.

aravuus

Even after a million replays, I keep getting lost in these levels and forgetting where the ass-backwards story triggers are, so I'll echo the thoughts of folks on this page. I much prefer KH2's linear level design.

Kairi's laugh when they all race is horrifying.

Always makes me laugh

It's so fucking weird. Like someone was beating a laugh out of her VA.

It really hasn't aged well, but I will say the 60fps is helping it significantly for me, in spite of the mechanics being the same, lol. I guess I'm just tricking myself since it's at least nicer to look at than the PS3 port.

It's odd, it's like the game is the same sloppy-playing self it's been all these years, but it feels like the game reacts to your inputs much faster thanks to the higher framerate. So it's simultaneously much snappier yet still as sloppy as ever.

Zutrax

So I've only heard discussion on KH1 Final Mix and KH2 Final Mix. I just recently completed both on the PS3 editions and am not in a hurry to replay them anytime soon.

Does anyone have any comments on bugs/performance for Birth By Sleep Final Mix or Re:Chain of Memories?

Azuran

Banned
I swear, I have beaten KH1 like 10+ times and every time I discover something new. I didn't know you could drop the toy bear in Wonderland and that lead to discovering a hidden entrance I never even knew existed.

Like, WHAT?

KH1 had the best worlds by far. You could actually go out of your way and explore. And most of them had unique gimmicks which made them stand out from each other.

The worlds in KH2 were a joke on the other hand. Nothing more than fancy linear corridors with nothing to do. Pride Lands is by far the worst KH world ever made and you will never change my mind about that.

So it's confirmed there are some physics issues post-patch? Is this for KH1 only or both 1 and 2?

Both 1 and 2 but they are pretty minor.

So I've only heard discussion on KH1 Final Mix and KH2 Final Mix. I just recently completed both on the PS3 editions and am not in a hurry to replay them anytime soon.

Does anyone have any comments on bugs/performance for Birth By Sleep Final Mix or Re:Chain of Memories?
Both are good ports outside of CoM having pre-rendered cutscenes as with all versions so they aren't nearly as good looking as the other games.

Im playing kingdom hearts for the first time in 13 years, i never beat it as a child but as an adult im close now. And i can say as someone whos played and beaten most of the souls titles except for des and ds1...this is one of the hardest games ive ever played, especifuckingly the god damn gauntlet before ansem. Im playing on normal, grinded to level 51, and im getting my teeth kicked in constantly on the second wave. The dark demon looking dudes. Im bringing in tinker bell and she cant keep me healed quick enough for how fast these fuckers decimate your health bar. There was a point last night where i managed to beat them and got to the light bulb angels...THEN THEY PUSHED ME OUT BACK TO BALD MOUNTAIN MID FIGHT!!! And when i went back in there was that dumb behemoth with a face that only read "fuck you now you get to do it again". This is so difficult im sorry if im in the minority and you guys find this easy but shit. Im probably going to have to grind to 60 to even have a chance against these guys let alone ansem.

Some more level headed reactions:

-it feels a bit clunky but i can atune that to time. I remember two feeling much better to play
-donald is pretty much always dead.
-very impressive voice cast
-still get a kick out of the disney and ff crossovers
-nostalgia is still there for classic disney
-gummi ship sections are still boring.
-alot of cool combat options late game

Azuran

Banned
Im playing kingdom hearts for the first time in 13 years, i never beat it as a child but as an adult im close now. And i can say as someone whos played and beaten most of the souls titles except for des and ds1...this is one of the hardest games ive ever played, especifuckingly the god damn gauntlet before ansem. Im playing on normal, grinded to level 51, and im getting my teeth kicked in constantly on the second wave. The dark demon looking dudes. Im bringing in tinker bell and she cant keep me healed quick enough for how fast these fuckers decimate your health bar. There was a point last night where i managed to beat them and got to the light bulb angels...THEN THEY PUSHED ME OUT BACK TO BALD MOUNTAIN MID FIGHT!!! And when i went back in there was that dumb behemoth with a face that only read "fuck you now you get to do it again". This is so difficult im sorry if im in the minority and you guys find this easy but shit. Im probably going to have to grind to 60 to even have a chance against these guys let alone ansem.

I wouldn't say Kingdom Hearts is difficult, but they're not exactly "easy" games either considering some battles can get pretty tough even in standard difficulty. Don't feel too bad. Invisibles and Angel Stars are pretty tough for regular enemies especially when meeting them the first time.

It becomes a lot easier once your learn enemy patterns so you know when to dodge or parry, when to attack, and when to use spells and items. It's all about management and preventing a battle from getting out of control, especially in higher difficulties.

aravuus

AI is certainly having a hard time. Playing through KH1 on beginner mode for shits and giggles and whatever and Donald dies all the time. Like every other fight.

e: fuck these weird song remixes. I'm trying to hum along and then they throw some odd, arbitrary changes at you.

Slaythe

I wouldn't say Kingdom Hearts is difficult, but they're not exactly "easy" games either considering some battles can get pretty tough even in standard difficulty. Don't feel too bad. Invisibles and Angel Stars are pretty tough for regular enemies especially when meeting them the first time.

It becomes a lot easier once your learn enemy patterns so you know when to dodge or parry, when to attack, and when to use spells and items. It's all about management and preventing a battle from getting out of control, especially in higher difficulties.

Once you learn the enemies pattern, even Dark Souls is a piece of cake.

You said "they", which means you include KH2FM. Level 1 crit is not easy.

My copy arrived this morning, I've put in around 4-5 hours so far (on PS4 Pro) and apart from a few minor stutters, performance seems solid so far. It's good to play KH at 60fps too, controls feel way more responsive than the older releases.

The game looks good on a 4k screen, there's still the odd blocky texture here and there but overall it looks nice, definitely the best KH has looked on console. As a fan, this is well worth buying and good value too, getting KH, KH 2, Birth by Sleep (Final Mix versions) and Re:Chain of Memories, plus the cinematics from 358/2 Days and Re:coded all bundled together.

Magnus

As a former KH fan that got list with KH2's awful intro and never touched the series again, I was hoping to really dive back in this spring with this entry, but hearing that it actually manages to have performance issues is a huge turn off. What the hell is the point of a remaster otherwise?

=/

Slaythe

As a former KH fan that got list with KH2's awful intro and never touched the series again, I was hoping to really dive back in this spring with this entry, but hearing that it actually manages to have performance issues is a huge turn off. What the hell is the point of a remaster otherwise?

=/

It doesn't have any performance issue.

OmegaDL50

God what is wrong with me.

I forgot about KH 1.5 + 2.5 coming out when it showed up on my doorstep yesterday.

And now I'm thinking of buying 2.8 since it's 20% off over at Amazon currently, just to complete the collection more or less.

Worse still I am sitting on top of Nioh, Yakuza 0, and Horizon, and Persona 5 is due to arrive on Tuesday as well.

What the hell is with all of these games. I love that I'm getting more use out of my PS4 Pro, but my wallet is really sad.

God what is wrong with me.

I forgot about KH 1.5 + 2.5 when it showed up on my doorstep yesterday.

And now I'm thinking of buying 2.8 since it's 20% off over at Amazon currently, just to complete the collection more or less.

Worse still I am sitting on top of Nioh, Yakuza 0, and Horizon, and Persona 5 is due to arrive on Tuesday as well.

What the hell is with all of these games. I love that I'm getting more use out of my PS4 Pro, but my wallet is really sad.

It's awful. Awesome, but awful all at the same time.

Azerare

For KH 1 and 2. What are the recommended beginning choices to go with (staff, shield, sword) and answers to questions?

Vibed

Still working on BotW. :p Do you guys think it's worth it to play the DS games? I feel like if I'm going through the series, might as well play those too.

Staff/Night for KH1
Shield for KH2

Fantasia world was a masterpiece. Top 10 world. It would have been the best ever if Flowmotion didn't exist.
I always forget fantasia actually. I really like flowmotion it just needs some balancing hopefully they got it together for 3

Still working on BotW. :p Do you guys think it's worth it to play the DS games? I feel like if I'm going through the series, might as well play those too.
Days sure why not. Coded...lol

Meowster

If you really want to.. I quite liked Days back when it first came out. Played it over the course of the summer for about an hour every night to 100% completion. But you honestly don't have to if you don't want to. The cutscenes from 1.5 do a good job of showcasing most of what happens.

I put allDDD worlds below everything else and I actually defend DDD from u guys lol
The Fantasia and Three Musketeers worlds (at least with Sora for the latter) are pretty decent. Traverse Town was alright, too.

Also, 358/2 Days has the shittiest possible versions of the worlds it recycles.

The Fantasia and Three Musketeers worlds (at least with Sora for the latter) are pretty decent. Traverse Town was alright, too.

Also, 358/2 Days has the shittiest possible versions of the worlds it recycles.
Meh I think the musketeers world isn't very good. And traverse town I'm just tired of

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Musketeers and Fantasia worlds are in my top five easily

Velcro Fly

Finished up Monstro and won the second Olympus Cup. Do I have to win them all to seal the world or just the first three?

I'm only about 8 hours in. I could probably do the speedrun trophy.

Also I was weak and changed equipment because I got sick of looking at the Kingdom Key. I don't care about that trophy honestly. I'm not going for the Platinum or anything.

I am enjoying myself quite a bit.

I'm playing Chain of Memories next. I have never beaten it. I'm going to play on the easiest allowable difficulty setting just to get through it for the story. KH2 and BBS await after that as far as gameplay goes so I want to spend as little time as possible being frustrated with a bad game.

aravuus

Looks like you can do atlantica in 25 minutes and monstro in like... 10, if you just run through.

Now, back to the fun worlds. Totally going to finish this tomorrow. Might have to start Re:COM lol.

e: or maybe I'll just watch Nightmare Before Christmas again.

Luigi87

Finally done Atlantica.

Ursula 2 sucks at any level (mind you I will never bother with 1FM at level 1). Not that she's hard, but god those swim controls.
... She almost made me look forward to doing level 1 Xigbar again.
... Almost.

Velcro Fly

Hot tip for Monstro is just to zoom to the first Parasite Cage fight and get High Jump. Makes exploring the numbered chambers and collecting treasure a whole lot less stressful.

monstro has always been my least favorite. Not looking forward to getting around to that.

With some trophies being changed in KH1, does anyone have a trophy roadmap for the ps4 version to get platinum done as fast as possible?

aravuus

Okay so I'm off to Hollow Bastion soon lol.

Dunno what it is about KH1 and 2. I keep picking them up every now and then, thinking "yeah well nothing to do tonight maybe I'll start a new playthrough and play for an hour or two and then move on to something else"

And 8 hours later I'm still playing KH

Tidalwave

I'm going for the Platinum. I've played them all countless times. Is there anything at all missable to save me time in any of the games?

Top Bottom