• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Riku is like a well done sasuke.
He was cool,he let summon talk some shot into his head than switched sides, than had redemption. Been a better character than sora since
Oh I definitely agree he has greatly improved as a character! I just remembered how much I didn't like him before when I first played Kingdom Hearts 1.

I like so him so much more now.

NullKaze

Once you learn the enemies pattern, even Dark Souls is a piece of cake.

You said "they", which means you include KH2FM. Level 1 crit is not easy.
I feel like a lot of the people that say KH games are easy rely on Second Chance/Once More.

Take off those two abilities and suddenly the game gets much, much harder. Those two abilities are basically a crutch to allow people to make a few more mistakes without dying quickly.

Part of the reason why the KH2FM Lv1 run is difficult is that you don't have access to SC/OM.

Riku is like a well done sasuke.
He was cool,he let summon talk some shot into his head than switched sides, than had redemption. Been a better character than sora since

I agree. Riku is the best character of this franchise IMO. His arc has been the most interesting. Aqua is great too.

Got my copy, installed the updates, ready to roll.

To think, five years ago, the KH1 through KH3D was spread across no less than 3-4 platforms, with the definitive content versions of the mainline games seemingly stuck in Japan for the foreseeable future. And now those same games are on one console, in 1080p60, using the most content complete version of their respective releases. I'd have slapped fire out someone if they told me this would happen back in 2012.

Time to dive in to KH1FM! Planning on doing a Sword/Dawn playthrough this time around.

Slaythe

I feel like a lot of the people that say KH games are easy rely on Second Chance/Once More.

Take off those two abilities and suddenly the game gets much, much harder. Those two abilities are basically a crutch to allow people to make a few more mistakes without dying quickly.

Part of the reason why the KH2FM Lv1 run is difficult is that you don't have access to SC/OM.

No but if you learn speedrunning strat, even lv1 can be mostly "easy".

I hate it when people trivialize game as if this was the intended way to play them.

Nobody that played lv1 blind would dare to call it easy. It was rewarding and challenging, sometimes frustrating, but surely not "easy".

I wouldn't say Kingdom Hearts is difficult, but they're not exactly "easy" games either considering some battles can get pretty tough even in standard difficulty. Don't feel too bad. Invisibles and Angel Stars are pretty tough for regular enemies especially when meeting them the first time.

It becomes a lot easier once your learn enemy patterns so you know when to dodge or parry, when to attack, and when to use spells and items. It's all about management and preventing a battle from getting out of control, especially in higher difficulties.

Ill try playing a bit more strategically, like a souls game. For the most part ive found that mashing x and powering through enemies while using stop or curaga or having tink around will get the job done but i probably need to go about this differently.

Slaythe

Ill try playing a bit more strategically, like a souls game. For the most part ive found that mashing x and powering through enemies while using stop or curaga or having tink around will get the job done but i probably need to go about this differently.

The "souls" experience is on KH2 Critical mode level 1 :) ... It's gonna be brutal but a lot of fun if you take the "die and retry" approach. Which those load times are a godsend for.

It made dying not frustrating. On ps3 I almost cried every time :/ . fucking busted port that was, this ps3 version. The ps4 version is like heaven.

Slaythe

Apparently a lot of those issues came from streaming the game through the share button.

I've played over 14 hours on the base ps4 and it hasn't shuttered once.

It was a faulty install.

This is the only conclusion I came up with, based off everybody's reports.

The solution is reinstalling the game. It has fixed it for everybody that had the issue (a minority).

The "souls" experience is on KH2 Critical mode level 1 :) ... It's gonna be brutal but a lot of fun if you take the "die and retry" approach. Which those load times are a godsend for.

It made dying not frustrating. On ps3 I almost cried every time :/ . fucking busted port that was, this ps3 version. The ps4 version is like heaven.

I dont have much of a desire to play these games on a higher difficulty, one on normal being sufficiently leveled is giving me enough of a head ache as it is. Im still having fun though which is why i keep playing. I just wanna experience the kh story from start to finish before 3 as when i played one and two prior (never beat one) it was more than ten years ago.

I'm going for the Platinum. I've played them all countless times. Is there anything at all missable to save me time in any of the games?

not really missable but make sure you get all the Xehanort's Reports in BBS before beating one of the characters story, if you go back to get one after beating there story the game can glitch out and not raise the levels of the mobs in the post game making grinding much harder

I can beat KH1FM Unknown, Lingering Will and Mysterious Figure practically blindfolded yet all these years later, I still get bodied by Riku's damn wake up kick attack when you spar with him.

Man, anyone else finding KH1 harder than they remember? Cerberus is giving me a bit of trouble, just on normal difficulty too. Is there a good spot to grind when getting to this point or perhaps something i've forgotten that makes it a bit easier.

EDIT: Oh, its an optional fight. haha!

Certainly not playing as Terra.

I've never bothered beating him with with Terra except once in the PSP version.

Terribly designed as the fight is, I got so good at it with Ventus and Aqua that I started finding some out of the box strategies for beating him, using nothing but Ice Slide with Ventus being the highlight.

The fight is still ass, though.

Spman2099

Hey guys, I am wondering if you can help me out with something... I recently bought this collection to play with my niece. She has pretty low confidence when it comes to games, and I am trying to get her to do things herself without relying on me to do the "hard parts" for her. How easy would you say the beginner setting is? Are there many (or any) frustrating platforming sections? I just want to know what I am getting us into.

Hey guys, I am wondering if you can help me out with something... I recently bought this collection to play with my niece. She has pretty low confidence when it comes to games, and I am trying to get her to do things herself without relying on me to do the "hard parts" for her. How easy would you say the beginner setting is? Are there many (or any) frustrating platforming sections? I just want to know what I am getting us into.
Start her with kh2 if anything or bbs aqua so she feels more comfortable. Kh1 is the only one with any form of tough platforming I'd say

Blanquito

Sorry, I know this was discussed before, but is it best to have the balanced leveling (KH1) or the easier leveling as you get higher levels? Seems like the second would be better, but just want to see what you all think

Should i skip bringing the guest characters to focus on levelling up Donald and Goofy? Or does it not matter very much?

I've only played this game once, and that was 15 years ago. Its all completely fresh.

Kinsei

Banned
Should i skip bringing the guest characters to focus on levelling up Donald and Goofy? Or does it not matter very much?

I've only played this game once, and that was 15 years ago. Its all completely fresh.

Character's not in your party still gain levels. You could be fighting in Olympus Coliseum and Tarzan will still level up.

I always take Donald and Goofy in KH1 since the guest characters can't activate trinity marks.

Sorry, I know this was discussed before, but is it best to have the balanced leveling (KH1) or the easier leveling as you get higher levels? Seems like the second would be better, but just want to see what you all think

Faster leveling past 50 is the quickest way to reach level 100.

Chase17

Done with wonderland. Boss was tougher than I thought.

Also the gummi ship is way worse than I remembered. I thought you only had to do it once to each new planet, but you have to do it every time you move a link on the map.

Done with wonderland. Boss was tougher than I thought.

Also the gummi ship is way worse than I remembered. I thought you only had to do it once to each new planet, but you have to do it every time you move a link on the map.
You aren't far from being able to warp.

aqua is the only good thing that came out of that game.
Excuse me?!?

tumblr_m5695jYtxD1qke482o2_250.gif

tumblr_mxfsajwDyu1srs0jro1_r2_500.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Top Bottom