• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

TI82

Banned
Just beat all the first worlds you unlock in KH, so far no lag or bugs or anything. Great port loving the 60fps

Only just now realizing that during the part where you have to destroy that small tower in Wonderland, you can actually target the queen and hit her with a fire spell. It doesn't seem to do much aside from having her humorously tumble over, but it's honestly pretty rad that you can even do that, regardless.

Man, KH1 is full of so many insignificant, but ultimately charming details. It's incredible how much thought was put into it.

Yukinari

Only just now realizing that during the part where you have to destroy that small tower in Wonderland, you can actually target the queen and hit her with a fire spell. It doesn't seem to do much aside from having her humorously tumble over, but it's honestly pretty rad that you can even do that, regardless.

Man, KH1 is full of so many insignificant, but ultimately charming details. It's incredible how much thought was put into it.

It distracts the card soldiers for a bit.

Joey Ravn

Banned
If I'm going for the Platinum, I should start on Proud since difficulty Trophies now stack, right? And then play it on Easy for the speedrun, no equipment change and misc Trophies, right?

There's no Trophy guide specific to this version of the game, so I guess that everything from the PS3 version is still valid, with the exception of not needing three different playthroughs.

I keep running into a weird glitch in KH2. It's more silly than aggravating or anything, but sometimes if I pause the game, and after I come out of the pause menu, I get stuck playing the game in first person. Like a full on first person KH mode, where I can walk, look around, and attack. Eventually the camera pulls back, and goes to normal...like if I hang off a ledge or something, but yeah. Weird that it happens, and functions at all.

Slaythe

I keep running into a weird glitch in KH2. It's more silly than aggravating or anything, but sometimes if I pause the game, and after I come out of the pause menu, I get stuck playing the game in first person. Like a full on first person KH mode, where I can walk, look around, and attack. Eventually the camera pulls back, and goes to normal...like if I hang off a ledge or something, but yeah. Weird that it happens, and functions at all.

I think you're just accidentally pressing "first person" mode. Which is the touch pad button.

Vashetti

Banned

Wow, learn something new all the time.

Tek

I totally forgot how frustrating the camera was in Kingdom Hearts 1 I apparently had way more patience the last time I played it on ps2. I made it as far as the trick master? Before giving up and moving onto KH2

I think you're just accidentally pressing "first person" mode. Which is the touch pad button.

Oh...guess you're right. I don't remember that being a thing. Also, fuck the touch pad lol it really is stupid that this thing exist, and nothing uses it beyond having it as another button that seems to be too easy to press.

If I'm going for the Platinum, I should start on Proud since difficulty Trophies now stack, right? And then play it on Easy for the speedrun, no equipment change and misc Trophies, right?

There's no Trophy guide specific to this version of the game, so I guess that everything from the PS3 version is still valid, with the exception of not needing three different playthroughs.
Yeah, Proud mode for completionist. Nothing is missable for that run. Then beginner speedrun with no equipment change and no deaths.

TheSteelCondor

Neo Member
In KH1 I sealed the Keyhole in Wonderland last night and the trophy didn't pop. Has anyone else had that problem? Do I just need to leave Wonderland for it to pop?

I usually have trouble with the Pot Centipede but I beat him my first try this go around. The Cave of Wonders is the hardest fight I've had so far (bar Ursula) thanks to those Heartless it summons. Agrabah is definitely a step up in difficulty but the final boss is really easy imho.

Yeah, the problem I seem to be having is Donald and Goofy dying almost right away, then all the eye beams / heartless go for me and I don't even have time to heal myself

aravuus

Ahh, KH2 feels so good in 60fps

Man I love this game

e: now I'm kinda wishing Persona 5 didn't come out in a few days lmao. Would love to 100% this leisurely over the next few weeks, buut I guess it's gotta wait until I'm done with P5. For now, I'll get as far as I can.

Slaythe

Ahh, KH2 feels so good in 60fps

Man I love this game

e: now I'm kinda wishing Persona 5 didn't come out in a few days lmao. Would love to 100% this leisurely over the next few weeks, buut I guess it's gotta wait until I'm done with P5. For now, I'll get as far as I can.

It shipped early and I got persona 5.

I'm dividing my time between the two and not doing anything at all with my life.

I have come to terms with this.

dolce

Banned
I'm glad I held off on the PS3 remasters in hopes of a PS4 one.

With that said, I'm still super disappointed they didn't release KH3 like... idk, 10 years ago? I feel like I would have been much more pumped back then when I was really invested in the series. They really dun goof'd. I hear all the handheld games really complicated the story too.

I'm glad I held off on the PS3 remasters in hopes of a PS4 one.

With that said, I'm still super disappointed they didn't release KH3 like... idk, 10 years ago? I feel like I would have been much more pumped back then when I was really invested in the series. They really dun goof'd. I hear all the handheld games really complicated the story too.
First of all I saw what you did there! Dun goof'd.

Second of all, don't say this is the truth but I swear a lot of the plot things that Nomura made came from the Deep Dive video. At least more recently I've seen things that come from it.

aravuus

You don't like them? There are some really good ones like "He's a Pirate" and "Sinister Sundown"!

While I'm sure there are good ones, they just feel unnecessary to me.

And like I think I said earlier - I keep trying to hum and whistle to them all the time, but the subtle differences keep throwing me for a loop lol.

e: I've never done any gummi stuff in KH2 before - do you get any non-gummi related rewards from the missions, ever?

The speed you go from load game->gameplay in KH1 at least is ridicilously fast.

I've never done any gummi stuff in KH2 before - do you get any non-gummi related rewards from the missions, ever?

No and that kinda sucks. It would have been cool to at least get some synthesis materials if nothing else.

aravuus

The loading times are god like, that's for sure

KH2 feels insanely snappy with the 60fps framerate and the lightning-fast loading times. Absolute joy to play.

No and that kinda sucks. It would have been cool to at least get some synthesis materials if nothing else.

Ah, that's a shame. I'll probably skip all of those, then.

Vashetti

Banned
wtf, I just encountered Pinocchio in the Accessory Shop in Traverse Town. Never had that cutscene before, not even when playing this on PS3.

How is he here if I'm about to encounter him in Monstro?

thinking-face.png

Oof, KH1 is really testing my patience. I never actually finished it as a kid since I vividly remember giving up on Deep fucking Jungle so I wanted to do a full playthrough here, but yikes. That level design. That combat. That camera. Those clunky PS1-esque controls. Help.

dolce

Banned
First of all I saw what you did there! Dun goof'd.

Second of all, don't say this is the truth but I swear a lot of the plot things that Nomura made came from the Deep Dive video. At least more recently I've seen things that come from it.

haha, actually, no pun was intended :p

I see. I haven't played KH since part 2, so I have a lot to catch up on. Some friends said that the story got really convoluted, but hopefully this collection makes it easier to understand. Maybe playing everything back to back will help.

Slaythe

Oof, KH1 is really testing my patience. I never actually finished it as a kid since I vividly remember giving up on Deep fucking Jungle so I wanted to do a full playthrough here, but yikes. That level design. That combat. That camera. Those clunky PS1-esque controls. Help.

So you never played any ps1 game I see.

Instead of giving a snarky response I'll try be actually help.
It can be a bit jarring at first. The camera being the worst offender of the things you stated. Stick with it the worlds get pretty fun, combat opens up a bit more with varying skills,summons and magic. What's troubling you with the combat

Yeah, there really should've been that kind of incentive to do more with the Gummi sections. Synthesis materials, stat ups, equipment, whatever.

DDD's world dives were dull as hell to play but they at least gave you better prizes.

aravuus

Yeah, there really should've been that kind of incentive to do more with the Gummi sections. Synthesis materials, stat ups, equipment, whatever.

DDD's world dives were dull as hell to play but they at least gave you better prizes.

Synthesis materials would've been perfect. Don't want to grind certain enemies? Try doing gummi missions.

Especially shame since building a gummi ship is actually pretty fun. Just did some modifications to the base ships. But when the reward for building a good gummi ship and doing missions with it is.. Well, more gummi ship missions and blocks, it's not particularly addictive.

Everything else about this game, though, whoo boy... Been doing nothing but play KH2 all day. Had to force myself to take a break so I can cook something lol. Crazy how addictive this game still is, even after a million playthroughs.

Luigi87

Alright, up to Hollow Bastion in my KHFM run now. Looks like I should be able to finish this today and start 2FM... Or at the least start 2FM tomorrow...
'cause you know... Roxas world.

But the more I play KHFM on PS4 the more I realize that
1. I don't think I could play it again on PS2 or PS3.
2. Just how much a better game 2FM really, really is.

So you never played any ps1 game I see.

It feels stiff and dated, basically. Not saying all PS1 games are like that, obviously, but KH1 is giving me pre-analog era vibes with its controls and camera.

Instead of giving a snarky response I'll try be actually help.
It can be a bit jarring at first. The camera being the worst offender of the things you stated. Stick with it the worlds get pretty fun, combat opens up a bit more with varying skills,summons and magic. What's troubling you with the combat

I'm definitely gonna stick with it, even if the urge to just skip to KH2 looms over me. The combat is very basic at first and the targeting system is super annoying.

That said, I'm still feeling my nostalgic oats. But it's been so long since I played this that I wasn't quite prepared for... all that.

BluWacky

I bought this on a whim and thought I should start with the one game I hadn't played at all - Re: Chain of Memories.

Oof.

It is not much fun so far... (just finished Traverse Town). All this card stuff is more than a little clunky. What on earth was this like on GBA?

It feels stiff and dated, basically. Not saying all PS1 games are like that, obviously, but KH1 is giving me pre-analog era vibes with its controls and camera.

I'm definitely gonna stick with it, even if the urge to just skip to KH2 looms over me. The combat is very basic at first and the targeting system is super annoying.

That said, I'm still feeling my nostalgic oats. But it's been so long since I played this that I wasn't quite prepared for... all that.
Hey I get it. My plan was to play bbs first but I realized if I did the collection timeline wise playing 1 after bbs would leave me dead inside..did a speed run thru 1 and cheesed Com with magic cards

aravuus

Personally, I'll never forgive the person that decided that bosses can only die from a combo finisher or a spell.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Yoko Shimomura announced the dawn of a new era when she composed Hollow Bastion.

Well it is like the only track you can stand to listen to more then 20 seconds in KH1 (a good one for sure tho!)

But christ, any of the DIsney themed worlds are begging for you to mute.

Top Bottom