• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Marluxia_A_6%E2%98%85_KHUX.png

This guy has always been the most interesting Organization member to me. Powerful enough to lead a second division of members, has the guts to
try and betray Xemnas
, a legitimate threat and main villain of a game, and we know literally nothing about him. Not his real name, how the organization found him, who he used to be, nothing.

I hope the rumor that he's in KH3 is real.

TheCed

This guy has always been the most interesting Organization member to me. Powerful enough to lead a second division of members, has the guts to
try and betray Xemnas
, a legitimate threat and main villain of a game, and we know literally nothing about him. Not his real name, how the organization found him, who he used to be, nothing.

Think of the plot of CoM
Now Think of the Plot of DDD

Both wanted to make Sora a puppet.
Wouldn't it be Nomura like to make Young Xehanort ask Marluxia to
betray
the first organisation and Kickstart the second one ?

try and betray Xemnas

I'm ready for IX-XII to show up in KH3, I need more Luxord.

Meowster

try and betray Xemnas

I think he's by far the most menacing main villain in the series.

Luigi87

60fps makes it waaaay tougher because the enemies are *just* faster enough to basically stunlock you if you aren't careful

That's definitely very true.
... gonna make my 2FM Level 1 Kingdom Key run more exciting and stressful <_<

Anywho, finished KHFM...
95 deaths... eep.

Azuran

Banned
Think of the plot of CoM
Now Think of the Plot of DDD

Both wanted to make Sora a puppet.
Wouldn't it be Nomura like to make Young Xehanort ask Marluxia to
betray
the first organisation and Kickstart the second one ?

I like the speculation that he found out about *DDD spoilers*
Xehanort's true plan to put his heart inside all of the members, so he was trying to stop him by using Sora

It add another layer to his character while keeping his actions in CoM intact.

Looking at how large some section of Pridelands are amkes me wonder why they fragmented worlds like Hollow Bastion so much when the areas you transition into aren't dramatically different like in Agrabah, they could've made it all one world or at least taken out a lot of those doors.

Maybe it was a memory thing? but looking at Pridelands makes me question that.

Speaking of open areas
FvWyAyR.gif

hhhhnnnng

You know playing bbs again. I hope kh3 has a really nice fleshed out lively radiant garden. Good chance to have more ff characters introduced without making them necessary to the plot, it's kairi's home so that'll be an interesting development to see for her.

Just started this for the first time and it appears that the game doesn't fill up my full TV screen? (Has black bars around all sides.) Never had this on my PS4 before, anyone have a solution or know why?

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
Just started this for the first time and it appears that the game doesn't fill up my full TV screen? (Has black bars around all sides.) Never had this on my PS4 before, anyone have a solution or know why?

Check your screen size settings in the PS4 menus. This game takes the screen size setting as a cue for how big to make its display rather than most games, which just use it to know where to put the HUD elements.

raven777

How do people feel about the Gummi Ship stuff in 2? I'm actually playing through the missions and having a good time with it. It's certainly more fun and arcadey than 1. I hope they go even further with it in 3.

I hated gummi ship on KH1 but I really think they did great job of improving it on 2 and I enjoy it quite a lot. The musics in gummi ship stages are also fantastic.

quesalupa

try and betray Xemnas

I'd be down for him as a big baddy in the second series arc... if that's even going to happen.

MAtgS

Looking at how large some section of Pridelands are amkes me wonder why they fragmented worlds like Hollow Bastion so much when the areas you transition into aren't dramatically different like in Agrabah, they could've made it all one world or at least taken out a lot of those doors.

Maybe it was a memory thing? but looking at Pridelands makes me question that.

Speaking of open areas
FvWyAyR.gif

hhhhnnnng

That one area is bigger than whole KH1 worlds.

Chitown B

And I think KH1 hasn't aged well, and I feel more and more like that every time I play it, but it still somehow gets its hooks on me.

Now I've been playing it for the last 3 hours lol

e: holy shit, I actually died on a gummi section while writing this post lol

that's because the flight controls suck and don't really give a good idea of where the edges are. Plus inverted sucks.

beat Riku in Hollow Bastion, ended up in Traverse Town and then the game crashes before i could save... good thing the fight doesn't seem as tough as it did ten years ago.

Burbeting

Banned
What worries me in open areas in KH3 is if they retain the 'if you die, restart from beginning of room' system. I don't want to lose +10 minutes of progress if I get a game over...

Strings

really? you had no trouble with Malificent, Riku or Ansem? or the solo Hades Cup? or Sephiroth?

Iunno, Riku and Maleficent were always super weird ones for me to read about. Riku I'm pretty sure first try, and Maleficent not many more because of Tinkerbell.

Sephiroth did take me a couple of days though. Him and Kurt Zisa are some of my earlier 'superboss' memories.

To be completely honest, I thought the progression complaints were re: knowing where to go, who to talk to - all of which I thought was pretty apparent - and not battle difficulty, because there is a case to be made there that it's tougher than you'd expect a 'kids game' to be.

Chitown B

To be completely honest, I thought the progression complaints were re: knowing where to go, who to talk to - all of which I thought was pretty apparent - and not battle difficulty, because there is a case to be made there that it's tougher than you'd expect a 'kids game' to be.

to me, Wonderland wasn't very straighforward. But i figured it out. Still didn't get all the chests though.

aravuus

I can't figure out which one's better, the Dodge Roll you get from Limit form or Quick Run from Wisdom. Latter has you travel way further (both LV2 atm), and speed-wise both seem to be about as fast, with almost the same exact delay between finishing the dodge move and being able to attack again.

But Dodge Roll costs 3 AP, whereas Quick Run is just 2. What gives? Could Dodge Roll have i-frames or something?

Speaking of open areas
FvWyAyR.gif

hhhhnnnng

Man, I hope this game will be good. Don't even care about the plot that much after DDD went off the deep end, I just want an insanely addictive action RPG like KH2 again. No other KH has been able to touch that game for me.

I stayed up till fucking 3am last night, just grinding the forms. And now I seriously feel like just grinding synthesis mats all day.

people who shit on the kingdom hearts 2 opening hours...have you played the opening hours of kingdom hearts??
What's wrong with opening hours of Kingdom Hearts? :p

Not that I particularly mind KH2 prologue either.

But Dodge Roll costs 3 AP, whereas Quick Run is just 2. What gives? Could Dodge Roll have i-frames or something?

I *think* Dodge Roll has more i-frames but Quick Run does too.

lot of the platforming stuff in the starting island. a lot of my issues actually might just be how i feel about kingdom hearts 1 these days

There isn't much platforming at all in the starting island. You need to climb the tree and jump for the egg (if you count that as platforming)+the race with Riku that you can lose without worrying about it. That's pretty much it.

Welp. My Kingdom Hearts 1 save file got corrupted. Now I have to start all over again. Oh well. At least I wasn't halfway through yet.

Still sucks a lot though.

aravuus

KH2 is hilarious when you're skipping cutscenes. One moment you're making gifts, which you go to give to Santa Claus next. Skip cutscene, and now you're suddenly fighting a cage monstrosity.

Welp. My Kingdom Hearts 1 save file got corrupted. Now I have to start all over again. Oh well. At least I wasn't halfway through yet.

Still sucks a lot though.

Wow, that suckssssssss

My game crashed just when I was saving in KH2. Was so sure my save file was corrupted, thank god it wasn't.

Top Bottom