• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Strings

I still don't understand how 10 year old me had the patience to beat KH1 Sephiroth.

Also, what a phenomenal surprise the first time I saw him. Hadn't even played FF7 yet, but knew the character and freaked the fuck out as he instantly one-shot me.

Its crazy how much better kh 2 looks and plays compared
To one, like leaps and bounds ahead. I just finished 1 last night, watched a summary of chain of memories and 385/2 and started 2 today.

Meowster

Made some great progress in KH1 into parts I hadn't played it before. I just
got the wormhole to return to Hollow Bastion, and earlier I beat Hercules. I made the mistake of stopping off at Agrabah and got destroyed by some giant monster XD

I would say the worst reward for what appeared to be a very cleverly hidden secret was the
clock in the hotel. I figured out how to get the desk clerk to talk to me and then figured out the clock and I think I got an orichalcum.
That's a very hard secret boss if you are underleveled! But he's a fun one and pretty easy to manage compared to a lot of the other superbosses lol.

That's a very hard secret boss if you are underleveled! But he's a fun one and pretty easy to manage compared to a lot of the other superbosses lol.
Kurt Zisa's most dangerous sequence is his several spinning dash attacks in a row, and it's pretty readily nerfed by Leaf Bracer.

Meowster

After many hours... I've done it. Got my platinum trophy for Kingdom Hearts I. Now it is time to move on to re:COM and I am already noticing the lack of detail graphic wise. Lots of jaggies and washed out textures. It's okay though because I do love the story and characters in this one.

Kas

I just got to Atlantica, and I'm already starting to think I might drop KH1.

It's just so slow ad boring compared to KH2, and that was unfortunately the first game in the series I've played.

I beat KH1 on Proud on PS3, so I don't need to, but I kinda wanted to play the series in "order".

Vashetti

Banned
Serenity Power farming

Angry-Emoji-PNG-File.png

Banzai

Man, synthesizing in KH1FM is a pain. Playing naturally until Hollow Bastion let me make exactly 2 items of the first list. I've never had the Ultima weapon in this one, though, so I want it this time around.

Can't wait to synthesize Ultima weapon in KH2 again and then never use it because Decisive Pumpkin is better.

Man, synthesizing in KH1FM is a pain. Playing naturally until Hollow Bastion let me make exactly 2 items of the first list. I've never had the Ultima weapon in this one, though, so I want it this time around.

Can't wait to synthesize Ultima weapon in KH2 again and then never use it because Decisive Pumpkin is better.

since when is Pumpkin better than UW?

Banzai

since when is Pumpkin better than UW?

It simply does more damage because of its bonus ability which improves combo finishers (I think? It's been a while).
edit: maybe this was added in FM? I really only remember never using Ultima Weapon except for looks in earlier runs of KH2FM.

edit2: Okay DP has the Combo Boost ability which makes the finisher of a ground combo stronger based on the amount of hits in the combo. UW has MP Hastega which is sort of useless because of how little time it saves.

It simply does more damage because of its bonus ability which improves combo finishers (I think? It's been a while).
edit: maybe this was added in FM? I really only remember never using Ultima Weapon except for looks in earlier runs of KH2FM.

edit2: Okay DP has the Combo Boost ability which makes the finisher of a ground combo stronger based on the amount of hits in the combo. UW has MP Hastega which is sort of useless because of how little time it saves.

ok, I get your point. Yes, depending on your play style Pumpkin could be a better choice.

evilsin

One of the misteries of my childhood - I haven't played KH1 in a while and then I decided to boot it up. To my amazement I had Ultima Weapon crafted and Sephiroth beat... BUT I COULDN'T REMEMBER DOING EITHER!

Banzai

One of the misteries of my childhood - I haven't played KH1 in a while and then I decided to boot it up. To my amazement I had Ultima Weapon crafted and Sephiroth beat... BUT I COULDN'T REMEMBER DOING EITHER!

Crafting UW is much easier in non-FM KH as far as I can remember.
As for not remembering that you beat Sephiroth, that's on you :D. Beating him made me the king of among my friends for a little while way back then.

Darklor01

Might need to stop sniffing glue

The struggles were so intense that you blocked them out.

Tensketch

Looks like I have suffered some serious PTSD symptoms.

Either that or you gamesharked the hell outta it!

I cannot believe how much I missed on my first playthrough of KH, theres so much stuff that I've gone back and collected because I want to. I had barely any patience when I was younger. Clearly.

The Lamp

There are no words for how much I hate PotC level in KH2 on critical mode.

Those fucking pirates that are invincible in the shade and shoot you. Fuck me. Especially that fight where you have to kill them all on the ship.

I always take forever to get through this damn world.

man i got on stuck on hades escape for a bit

wasn't use to being so low leveled awhile doing this

Those fucking pirates that are invincible in the shade and shoot you. Fuck me. Especially that fight where you have to kill them all on the ship.

are you freezing them? cause freezing them in the moonlight makes then way easier

Chitown B

I still don't understand how 10 year old me had the patience to beat KH1 Sephiroth.

Also, what a phenomenal surprise the first time I saw him. Hadn't even played FF7 yet, but knew the character and freaked the fuck out as he instantly one-shot me.

10 year old....... ugh. I was 21 when KH1 came out

I agree, but I found that if you push them towards the back of the ship, there's less shade there for them to be invincible.

The Lamp

man i got on stuck on hades escape for a bit

wasn't use to being so low leveled awhile doing this

are you freezing them? cause freezing them in the moonlight makes then way easier

Yes, but that just made it a few notches less annoying than "impossible." I had to retry some of those fights so many fucking times, and with the ship/medallion mission, you have to retrigger that stupid ambush every time.

Wisdom form made it easier. Just shoot from afar and spam thunder and ethers.

Okay...in KH1 I'm at level 16 right now so hopefully I'll be strong enough to fight the first tournament with Cloud in the Olympus Colosseum.

I was lvl 16 when I took on the Phil cup. Aero is your friend.
Oh I meant the very first time you enter the tournament! Like when you get the cutscenes of Sora trying to push the block for Phil and when Hades is talking to Cloud. So no Aero yet unfortunately heh heh.
Serenity Power is a dream compared to what a bitch Power Stone farming is. Those sniper wilds are the worst heartless in the series by far. I hate them.
Oh I am SO not looking forward to doing that again either!!!

The synthesis run will be a pain.

In terms of individual games:

KH1 - Hasn't aged very well mechanics/level design wise, but the plot is pretty fun light-hearted romp. You might not want to play it on hardest difficulty due to clunkyness. The game does offer sense of discovery the other games lack.

Chain of Memories: Story is pretty worthless, although some dialogue is good. Gameplay is heavily hit and miss, since its card based. Level design is non-existent due to being originally a GBA game. So the battle system is more or less make or break.

KH2: Story starts to go off the rails here, but it's still fairly simple to follow for the most part. Combat is best in the series, especially on the highest difficulty. Level design is very flat and non-exploration heavy compared to KH1 which can be plus or a minus. Has some really neat post game.

BBS: PSP game port, so has some technical limitations. Battle system pushes towards customisation, but it can broken extremely easily, which can make it bad for some people (including me). Heavily YMMV.

The two HD movies are okay, but they are definitely side stories.

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Now that I know what Bioware is going to do in regards to improving Mass Effect Andromeda, I've decided to put that game on hold and focus solely on the Kingdom Hearts series.

Also Overwatch.

...and BotW. Dang it...

TI82

Banned
Now that I know what Bioware is going to do in regards to improving Mass Effect Andromeda, I've decided to put that game on hold and focus solely on the Kingdom Hearts series.

Also Overwatch.

...and BotW. Dang it...

Better games anyway, enjoy your time :)

Beat Ursula 2 in one go. Disabling lock on and positioning yourself at the back of her net pretty much bypasses all of her attacks aside from the stray thunderbolts that you'll likely actually be able to see without a whole bunch of shit on screen. And you can attack her from there, to boot!

Woot finished KH for the first time
did not enjoy the never ending boss battle from hell

KH1's final boss sequence is better than KH2's tbh. The laser dragon bit is a real momentum killer. Also, Ansem's very plausibly the toughest non-optional boss in the game (and his human-sized-plus-Guardian form has a great moveset), whereas that can't really be said of Xemnas.

Lnds500

I played a bit of the first game at a friend's house.

Did the camera have input lag in the PS3 version as well? Is it the same way in the rest of the games?

TI82

Banned
I just got to Atlantica, and I'm already starting to think I might drop KH1.

It's just so slow ad boring compared to KH2, and that was unfortunately the first game in the series I've played.

I beat KH1 on Proud on PS3, so I don't need to, but I kinda wanted to play the series in "order".

Yeah... Almost did the same. At the end now and it seems like ups screwed me and isn't delivering persona 5 today so I guess I'll be finishing kh1 tonight :/

Top Bottom