• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Vashetti

Banned
I think that is just fine. The only boss that really took forever for me to beat was Maleficent 1 (but I never died) so you shouldn't really have much issues. Hook and Antisora become really easy if spam stop. MP Gift is the gift that keeps on giving. I skipped most encounters aside from whenever I needed to grind a little bit.

Almost 6 hours in now, level 50 and just have End of the World left to do. So just doing some grinding to make the final encounters easier.

Surprising how short it all is once you skip all the cutscenes. Makes you realise how small the worlds are.

Teggy

If I am using a summon or a heal or whatever in CoM and I am interrupted is that because I was hit while I was doing the action? The game is not great at explaining these things. Losing healing items is pretty crappy.

Fj0823

If I am using a summon or a heal or whatever in CoM and I am interrupted is that because I was hit while I was doing the action? The game is not great at explaining these things. Losing healing items is pretty crappy.

Yep items are gone forever, items are one use per battle. The best way to avoid that is to have them at the start of a high value combo

Summons and Heal spells are rechargeable even you get card breakd'd.

Just remember, the first card of every combo is lost until the end of the battle

zMiiChy-

Banned
What are the chances of Square Enix patching this game further?

The possibility of the bugs / glitches is the ultimate factor determining whether I will ever purchase this game.

Fj0823

What are the chances of Square Enix patching this game further?

The possibility of the bugs / glitches is the ultimate factor determining whether I will ever purchase this game.

I've had exactly 1 issue after 20 hours of gameplay.

This collection is fine

amrod

Playing kingdom hearts 1 in final mix mode... WTF is with the bosses being so hard?

3 headed dog pissing me off

Burbeting

Banned
Optional boss :)

Well... optional if you want to skip the games.

But Cerberus isn't that bad. He only really has three forms of attacks:

1. Bite - Just dodge roll away from bite, do a 1-2 attacks long air combo, and then dodge again.

2. The gigantic jump attack - Just jump at the right time to evade the shockwave.

3. The darkness bursts from the ground/fire balls - spam dodge roll away.

It helps if you have done the 3-star level first.

Um.. Normal I think, I choose final mix middle option

Will being a higher level make it easier? I am 11 atm

Yeah, go do the 1-star and 3-star levels, and then return to Cerberus.

Spy

I swear there's been at LEAST 5 occasions where I've felt I'm at the final boss in Kingdom Hearts 1, I finally think I actually am.

Final Rest

The game really drags on towards the end.

Teggy

I swear there's been at LEAST 5 occasions where I've felt I'm at the final boss in Kingdom Hearts 1, I finally think I actually am.

Final Rest

The game really drags on towards the end.

Yeah, I just finished it for the first time yesterday. I'm not a big fan of boss fights in general and that entire last world was really dragged out between the bosses and actually getting to the bosses.

Psxphile

Your card/combo was broken. Every card has a value, if you play a low-value card there's a good chance the enemy will break it with one of their cards. "Stocking" them (up to 3 cards) and then activating increases the value and makes it harder to break w/ a single card (unless it's a 0 which breaks anything but random mobs don't have those). This is also how you activate sleights which you'll learn eventually. Just remember that the first card in a stock combo can't be restored w/ reloading for the rest of the battle (except by using higher-tier item cards), very important for boss battles as you can end up with almost no cards to use if the fight drags on too long.

That being said a broken card isn't lost, it'll be there to use again after reloading your deck.

Teggy

Your card/combo was broken. Every card has a value, if you play a low-value card there's a good chance the enemy will break it with one of their cards. "Stocking" them (up to 3 cards) and then activating increases the value and makes it harder to break w/ a single card (unless it's a 0 which breaks anything but random mobs don't have those). This is also how you activate sleights which you'll learn eventually. Just remember that the first card in a stock combo can't be restored w/ reloading for the rest of the battle (except by using higher-tier item cards), very important for boss battles as you can end up with almost no cards to use if the fight drags on too long.

That being said a broken card isn't lost, it'll be there to use again after reloading your deck.

Yeah, I learned sleights before this. So if you run away and use a healing leaf the number on the healing leaf has to be higher than whatever number the reticle is currently on?

Are there even any boss fights with 0 cards?

Teggy

I've looked over it again and again and yet I still have no idea how to use sleights!

Once you get one learned (when you level up you choose to) you hit triangle to queue up 3 cards. Hit triangle once more and it triggers the sleight with whatever effect that goes with it.

You can also add 2 card values together if you need and hit r1+L1 to trigger it.

Speaking of 0 cards I have a 0 heal card and they are still interrupting me when I use it :mad:

MAtgS

Yeah, I just finished it for the first time yesterday. I'm not a big fan of boss fights in general and that entire last world was really dragged out between the bosses and actually getting to the bosses.
You're playing the wrong series in that case. Bosses are basically half the series and cutscenes the other half.

The Lamp

I think this series has the best boss fights in gaming next to the Souls series. So much movement, combat, and elemental variety. The Organization makes for fantastic enemies as well. Almost all the Disney bosses are cool too. And the Heartless are so varied.

Luigi87

Finished Timeless River in my lv.1 Kingdom Key only (and currently still no armor/accessories) run.
That will always be my favourite world, and I would love for it to return in KH3 in some form.

For the burning building stage I immediately Valor'd the first Hot Rod, then Trinity Limit'd the second two. Took no chances of HONK HONK nightmare, lol

I think this series has the best boss fights in gaming next to the Souls series. So much movement, combat, and elemental variety. The Organization makes for fantastic enemies as well. Almost all the Disney bosses are cool too. And the Heartless are so varied.

And then after 10 years of waiting for a new console KH we get such gems as the Demon Tower and Demon Tide.

Luigi87

And then after 10 years of waiting for a new console KH we get such gems as the Demon Tower and Demon Tide.

Demon Tide's only real flaw is that stupid attack where it starts throwing Shadows about. There's no indicator that it will do it, it can initiate it seemingly whenever it wants, and if you're in a bad position, due to the stun lock it can very likely be a guaranteed death due.

Teggy

You're playing the wrong series in that case. Bosses are basically half the series and cutscenes the other half.

Yeah, I know but I like all the Disney stuff. At least I didn't really get stuck on anything on normal and could skip all the postgame bosses.

DOWN

Banned
So how is the performance on PS4 Pro? I'd heard worrisome things about new problems being found in this release before launch

Psxphile

Yeah, I learned sleights before this. So if you run away and use a healing leaf the number on the healing leaf has to be higher than whatever number the reticle is currently on?
I'm not sure what the reticle has to do with anything. During any battle the enemy pulls cards of their own to initiate an attack. It will do one of two things: knock out one of your cards that's in play if the value is higher and thus breaking it, or if the value is lower it will be repelled and your own card will continue uninterrupted. However, if their card gets field precedence first you either will have to wait for the attack to complete or attempt to break the card with your own. Breaking cards stuns the enemy and interrupts attacks and combos.

Speaking of 0 cards I have a 0 heal card and they are still interrupting me when I use it :mad:

0 cards are wild and a double-edged sword. They can break any card if played after the enemy's card, but can also be broken easily by any card if they come before. 0 cards are best used to break high-value enemy sleights in play. For bosses (especially in the late game) having several 0 cards at the back of your deck (or shortcut) for easy access is absolutely imperative for survival. Do not rely on 0 cards if you actually want the card's ability in battle, use the highest value card you have instead. 0 cards' main purpose is to break cards and nothing more.

Teggy

I'm not sure what the reticle has to do with anything. During any battle the enemy pulls cards of their own to initiate an attack. It will do one of two things: knock out one of your cards that's in play if the value is higher and thus breaking it, or if the value is lower it will be repelled and your own card will continue uninterrupted. However, if their card gets field precedence first you either will have to wait for the attack to complete or attempt to break the card with your own. Breaking cards stuns the enemy and interrupts attacks and combos.

The reticle being on the particular card you are up against when there are multiple enemies. If I am up against a 7 and I have a 5 I can switch the reticle to a different enemy with a lower card.

Ugh Jafar and
his freaking laser
. Keep getting really close to beating him and getting stuck in that damn thing.

Then I got annoyed and hit main menu instead of continue by mistake and now I have to play the entire of Agrabah again, including rebuilding my deck again because of all the moogle business I did because I didn't have a save room. :/

Psxphile

The reticle being on the particular card you are up against when there are multiple enemies. If I am up against a 7 and I have a 5 I can switch the reticle to a different enemy with a lower card.
I'm... reasonably sure that's not how it works.

Banzai

What's the best way to grind levels in KH1FM? I used to use the Ice Titan with a bunch of Tech boosts equipped and then block the icicles. Anything better than that?

What's the best way to grind levels in KH1FM? I used to use the Ice Titan with a bunch of Tech boosts equipped and then block the icicles. Anything better than that?
Since you are past a certain point it makes it easier. Normally I would just repeat battles in Traverse Town and Hollow Bastion. If I get tired of that then I would go to Neverland and, using Aeroga and the special flying skill you only use in Neverland, continuously bounce the Rare Truffles until they are defeated. That way I get lots of Tech Points to level up plus I also get the chance to obtain synthesis items.
Once you get one learned (when you level up you choose to) you hit triangle to queue up 3 cards. Hit triangle once more and it triggers the sleight with whatever effect that goes with it.

You can also add 2 card values together if you need and hit r1+L1 to trigger it.

Thanks! I'll try to see if I can remember all that haha!

How is BBS? Looks kinda rough, but it is a Vita port. Is it worth to buy the collection just for BBS though?

BBS was on the PSP no the Vita, and it's alright

it's the best port of this collections as there is really no problem with it i hear

are for buying it just for BBS? i don't know. if you really want to then i don't why not

Neolombax

BBS was on the PSP no the Vita, and it's alright

it's the best port of this collections as there is really no problem with it i hear

are for buying it just for BBS? i don't know. if you really want to then i don't why not

That's the only KH game in this collection that I have not played. I guess it would be a nice bonus to play the other games with updated performance and visuals, but BBS would definitely be the highlight for me if I were to purchase this.

Vashetti

Banned
Woo, Platinum get.

Was sweating at those final fights. No Leaf Bracer and starting equipment was stressful.

Just starting 358/2 Days now for the card unlocks for Re:CoM.

They really couldn't be bothered to re-render this at a higher res could they? It looks rough.

Tensketch

Level with me here, guys. I'm about to go and lock Hollow Bastion. I'm level 48. Do I go back and item farm for Ultima?

I remember the game being quite easy until I got to the final boss and then it became nigh on impossible. What level should I be going into EOTW?

Using Exp 0 totally breaks Kurt Zisa, just melted him using summons at level 49 or something. Also did Phantom (legit too), it's ridicilously easy fight once you realize both of his attacks are very easy to dodge. Just takes a bit of patience and MP items.

RNG gods smiled on Serenity Powers too, farmed for a few minutes and got like 9 of them.

Level with me here, guys. I'm about to go and lock Hollow Bastion. I'm level 48. Do I go back and item farm for Ultima?

I remember the game being quite easy until I got to the final boss and then it became nigh on impossible. What level should I be going into EOTW?
You can still visit other worlds after you start going to EotW. The game will let you know when the point of no return is.

And I wouldn't say impossible, but you certainly don't need the Ultimate weapons to beat the final boss.

Is there no clear save data for 1.5? Isn't there stuff that opens up once you finish the game?
On PS3, it unlocked themes if you beat each game. And you got extra stuff for Re:CoM when you watched the 358/2 movie.

You can still visit other worlds after you start going to EotW. The game will let you know when the point of no return is.

And I wouldn't say impossible, but you certainly don't need the Ultimate weapons to beat the final boss.

On PS3, it unlocked themes if you beat each game. And you got extra stuff for Re:CoM when you watched the 358/2 movie.
Oh ok, I wasn't sure if I missed a prompt to save after the end screen.

Vashetti

Banned

Watching 358/2 Days is mandatory if you want the Re:CoM Platinum trophy, watching it unlocks a card(s) you need for a completion trophy.

What's with Re:CoM's cutscenes? Are they pre-rendered? Aliasing is insane.

Top Bottom