• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Using Exp 0 totally breaks Kurt Zisa, just melted him using summons at level 49 or something. Also did Phantom (legit too), it's ridicilously easy fight once you realize both of his attacks are very easy to dodge. Just takes a bit of patience and MP items.

RNG gods smiled on Serenity Powers too, farmed for a few minutes and got like 9 of them.

mushu with exp 0 just shreds bosses HP it's no even funny

Should you watch 358/2 before KH2?

release order puts it after KH2 so if your following that then yeah

you could go into KH2 with a different view if you watched days first but i still think following release order is important

iosefe

Fuck I'm depressed.

Decided to try a level 1 run in kingdom hearts 1 and traverse town is ruining my life, specifically fighting in The Hotel. I'm scared for guard armor

Slaythe

Fuck I'm depressed.

Decided to try a level 1 run in kingdom hearts 1 and traverse town is ruining my life, specifically fighting in The Hotel. I'm scared for guard armor

Level 1 is meant for KH2FM.

It was forced upon 1FM for the ps3 release. And Osaka team never had any clue how to make level 1 compelling. They patched 0.2 heavily following community feedback, and they made it decent. DDD is awful, and BBS also received a patch in the ps3 release where they changed level 1 to be something far more viable, but the nature of BBS' combat doesn't make the thing super fun.

Kh2FM is an incredibly satisfying and rewarding experience, despite being really hard. Don't torture yourself on the other games.

iosefe

Level 1 is meant for KH2FM.

It was forced upon 1FM for the ps3 release. And Osaka team never had any clue how to make level 1 compelling. They patched 0.2 heavily following community feedback, and they made it decent. DDD is awful, and BBS also received a patch in the ps3 release where they changed level 1 to be something far more viable, but the nature of BBS' combat doesn't make the thing super fun.

Kh2FM is an incredibly satisfying and rewarding experience, despite being really hard. Don't torture yourself on the other games.
Good thing I made a save right at the start. I'll just reload, toggle it off, and chock up that hour as a loss

Using Exp 0 totally breaks Kurt Zisa, just melted him using summons at level 49 or something. Also did Phantom (legit too), it's ridicilously easy fight once you realize both of his attacks are very easy to dodge. Just takes a bit of patience and MP items.

RNG gods smiled on Serenity Powers too, farmed for a few minutes and got like 9 of them.
Is there a breakdown of the KH1.5 Exp 0 mechanics anywhere?

Damn, Re:CoM sucks so far :(

You can skip to KH2, honestly. Come back to it if you want to fill in the story holes later.

CoM has an interesting plot with some decent villain motivations but it's not very worth going through poor retellings of KH1 worlds to see it.

I do have a soft spot for it but I always tell newcomers to skip it.

Vashetti

Banned
You can skip to KH2, honestly. Come back to it if you want to fill in the story holes later.

CoM has an interesting plot with some decent villain motivations but it's not very worth going through poor retellings of KH1 worlds to see it.

I'm not a newcomer to the series. I've played 1, 2, 358/2, and bits of Birth By Sleep.

But never Re:CoM. I know all the story elements though.

I have to do it for the trophies, I want all the games completed :(

I'm not a newcomer to the series. I've played 1, 2, 358/2, and bits of Birth By Sleep.

But never Re:CoM. I know all the story elements though.

I have to do it for the trophies, I want all the games completed :(

Well, I don't know what to tell you then :D I hope at least the battle system is clicking with you as it can be very rewarding and even addicting.

Honestly, CoM is such a weird beast of game.

Vashetti

Banned
Well, I don't know what to tell you then :D I hope at least the battle system is clicking with you as it can be very rewarding and even addicting.

Honestly, CoM is such a weird beast of game.

I 'get' the battle system, but the game isn't giving me many strong cards to begin with.

I went straight in on Proud so I don't have to do multiple playthroughs. I made it to the start of Agrabah and then took a break.

I think if they rethought Chain of Memories today, the smart thing to do would be to have Attack cards all be a generic Keyblade and to turn the varied Keyblades into actual equipment for Sora (not too dissimilar from Riku's attack power upgrades).

XXU5Nww.jpg

Need longer summon bar!

Is there a breakdown of the KH1.5 Exp 0 mechanics anywhere?
No idea. All I know is that it adds Second Chance and boosts damage. As said by activating Exp 0 Mushu can do like 5X the damage he normally does.

Psxphile

What I mean is if I've got a 5 card and my reticle is on a guy with an 8 card, I can switch the reticle to an enemy with a 4 or lower and make use of my card.

Yeah I know what you meant, but the enemy A.I. doesn't work like that from what I've experienced. A heartless closes in, in order to attack they send out a card. It isn't a marker, changing targets doesn't automatically alter what card gets sent out. Also enemies can and will carry multiple values of cards, you can just wait them out until they use a lower value one.

Teggy

Yeah I know what you meant, but the enemy A.I. doesn't work like that from what I've experienced. A heartless closes in, in order to attack they send out a card. It isn't a marker, changing targets doesn't automatically alter what card gets sent out. Also enemies can and will carry multiple values of cards, you can just wait them out until they use a lower value one.

It doesn't change the card that more powerful guy has but it gives me some time to think by doing some damage to a mob and then getting somewhere where I have some space to refresh the cards so I can go back and engage with a better inventory.

13ruce

Banned
How is the 60 fps? I already got the ps3 versions but i really wanna replay these games.

And are some of the problems already patched?

Meowster

I think the story is really interesting and the characters they introduce are some of the best in the series (even if most are only in this one game). It worked better when it was a GBA game. The card system was built around the limitations of the hardware and it just, kind of feels hollow on PlayStation. It's a lot easier on PS though tbh.

I skipped it and felt 2 explains it perfectly fine, same with 358/2 though i did watch a summary of that

Luigi87

How is the 60 fps? I already got the ps3 versions but i really wanna replay these games.

And are some of the problems already patched?
Some problems have been patched. Some like the final boss RC in 2.5 still don't work.
60fps is amazing, and the load times are non existent. These are far better than the PS3 release.

BigEmil

It was originally a GBA game, then later remaked into PS2 version
Some problems have been patched. Some like the final boss RC in 2.5 still don't work.
60fps is amazing, and the load times are non existent. These are far better than the PS3 release.
Having KH1.5 in full 1080p on PS4 is nice. On PS3 it had some weird 810p resolution

13ruce

Banned

Nice thanks time to buy it soon then.
Really got a Kingdom Hearts itch going on hehe:p

Waggles

Re:com is still one of my favorite entries in the series.

I've never gotten around to the portable titles before, so I'm really looking forward to getting to those soon.

The Lamp

Re:com is still one of my favorite entries in the series.

I've never gotten around to the portable titles before, so I'm really looking forward to getting to those soon.

It was my favorite back on the GBA. The plot was so well written with interesting characters and the genuine confusion of why Sora was losing his memories.

JayEH

Done with the mushroom 13 and beat my first data fight, luxord. Fuck that mini game. Easy fight otherwise.

Philippo

Anybody tried remote play? I am momentarily forced to spend most of my playtime with that and i aant to buy this game but i fear it might be too chaotic to play on the vita.

Teggy

Anybody tried remote play? I am momentarily forced to spend most of my playtime with that and i aant to buy this game but i fear it might be too chaotic to play on the vita.

I'm playing CoM remote and it works great. I hadn't thought about playing KH1 remote, but I guess it doesn't rely too much on R2/L2, which is usually why I won't play things remote. You lose 60fps as well, of course.

Bauer91

After finishing KH:FM I'm debating weather to jump into Re:CoM or try beating all the optional bosses first.

The final boss was pretty easy at level 55 but I read that you should be at least 80 for the optional bosses? Is there a fast way to get to that? The Ice Titan that's apparently used for grinding is probably too hard to beat at this level.

This is my first time with CoM, how should I go about leveling Sora?
New sleights whenever they're available, *mostly* increase your CP instead of HP (the best defense in CoM isn't dodging or turning Sora into a tank, it's breaking enemy attacks - having low HP will be rough for a few worlds until you can put together a good deck, but it's a wise investment in making Sora more capable later on).

Now that I think of it, it's kind of funny how the basic default for Kingdom Hearts games is that they're generally toughest in the first third of the game. Not sure there's even an exception to that rule.

Chitown B

currently playing KH:FM for the first time. Have only one set of puppies left and I'm at the castle with the Riku fight after the dragon. :)

Top Bottom