• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Tensketch

The final boss was pretty easy at level 55 but I read that you should be at least 80 for the optional bosses? Is there a fast way to get to that? The Ice Titan that's apparently used for grinding is probably too hard to beat at this level.

The wiki says do laps of traverse town hotel, hall, room, room, hall etc. It can net you about 2000xp a lap.
Throw the gizmo shop in for good measure.

Luigi87

After finishing KH:FM I'm debating weather to jump into Re:CoM or try beating all the optional bosses first.

The final boss was pretty easy at level 55 but I read that you should be at least 80 for the optional bosses? Is there a fast way to get to that? The Ice Titan that's apparently used for grinding is probably too hard to beat at this level.

Being above level 70 makes the optional bosses significantly easier, particularly due to guaranteed having the Second Chance ability, but really they are technically possible at any level. Being your first time though it would definitely be recommended leveling up.
The key to grinding off Ice Titan is Tech'ing its icicle shots with your Guard. If it's too difficult at this level, then you can use the room before Final Rest to grind for a bit.

Edit: Or the above. Actually Traverse is probably better if you want to get some Synth items, and there's more breathing room.

New sleights whenever they're available, *mostly* increase your CP instead of HP (the best defense in CoM isn't dodging or turning Sora into a tank, it's breaking enemy attacks - having low HP will be rough for a few worlds until you can put together a good deck, but it's a wise investment in making Sora more capable later on).

Now that I think of it, it's kind of funny how the basic default for Kingdom Hearts games is that they're generally toughest in the first third of the game. Not sure there's even an exception to that rule.

Thanks. I'm not sure if I went too fast through the tutorial, but I'm not even sure what CP does but I have been increasing that.

Edit: I see what CP is for now.

Bauer91

The wiki says do laps of traverse town hotel, hall, room, room, hall etc. It can net you about 2000xp a lap.
Throw the gizmo shop in for good measure.

Being above level 70 makes the optional bosses significantly easier, particularly due to guaranteed having the Second Chance ability, but really they are technically possible at any level. Being your first time though it would definitely be recommended leveling up.
The key to grinding off Ice Titan is Tech'ing its icicle shots with your Guard. If it's too difficult at this level, then you can use the room before Final Rest to grind for a bit.

Edit: Or the above. Actually Traverse is probably better if you want to get some Synth items, and there's more breathing room.

I think I'll try these, thanks. Not new to Kingdom Hearts, just never fought the optional bosses and was content with just finishing the game before. How much time are we talking here before I'm able to tackle the post game content, 2, 5, 10?

Dunno if I should do that or continue with the series, there's a lot of games to play through!

After finishing KH:FM I'm debating weather to jump into Re:CoM or try beating all the optional bosses first.

Phantom definately is doable (and easiest), just did it myself yesterday around the same level, same for Ice Titan. Kurt Zisa has one very dangerous attack that can be a pain but it's skippable if you want to do a little cheating.

Sephy and Unknown you prolly want to be higher level.

KH1FM optional bosses are a lot easier than KH2FM.
Even the Unknown isn't that hard.
Especially Sephirorth, even when i was a kid I found the battle fairly easy if you are 80+ level.I've beaten the game like 8-9 times and almost every time I would beat Sephiroth with my first try :p.You may be unlucky with the 1hp left move that he has, but anything else is fine.
And we're talking about proud mode here, not even standard xD

Bauer91

Phantom definately is doable (and easiest), just did it myself yesterday around the same level, same for Ice Titan. Kurt Zisa has one very dangerous attack that can be a pain but it's skippable if you want to do a little cheating.

Sephy and Unknown you prolly want to be higher level.

Up to level 59 now so gonna try Phantom and Ice Titan if those are the easiest.

Defeated Ice Titan first try. Took 20 minutes though.

Slaythe

BTW, whenever I use shareplay with a friend, I get the stutters in KH2.

I don't have any if I play without it. That's interesting.

KH1FM optional bosses are a lot easier than KH2FM.
Even the Unknown isn't that hard.
Especially Sephirorth, even when i was a kid I found the battle fairly easy if you are 80+ level.I've beaten the game like 8-9 times and almost every time I would beat Sephiroth with my first try :p.You may be unlucky with the 1hp left move that he has, but anything else is fine.
And we're talking about proud mode here, not even standard xD
They're easier but also less exploitable, IMO, which is nice.

BTW, whenever I use shareplay with a friend, I get the stutters in KH2.

I don't have any if I play without it. That's interesting.

I get stutters when playing in Remote Play as well so I guess Remote Play, Streaming and Share Play all put additional strain on the PS4 that the game doesn't handle well.

Slaythe

I really don't expect them to fix stutters caused by the Ps4's streaming chip tbh. It's more on Sony's fault for allowing the chip to actually cause stress to the console.

KH1 ending spoilers:

Doesn't matter how old I am or how many times I play through KH1. But man when Kairi seems the wallpainting of Sora sharing a paopu fruit with her and she draws one for him as well, it gets me everytime ;(

Waggles

Game just crashed in Re:CoM
LLShC.gif

Lost an entire floor, damn it.

Son Of D

Just got to Hollow Bastion in KH1. It still disappoints me in that game. The music is amazing, I like the design of the world, the atmosphere is good, the events are great... but the actual level design and gameplay is bad at parts.

Waggles

Just got to Hollow Bastion in KH1. It still disappoints me in that game. The music is amazing, I like the design of the world, the atmosphere is good, the events are great... but the actual level design and gameplay is bad at parts.

KH1 is a bunch of mediocre pieces that form something greater than it's parts.

ViciousDS

Banned
god......fighting
ansem
solidified the fuck that not doing it on proud mode.......he infinite spammed lasers in phase one ship mode..........I remember at least some type of break in it.......but nope he didn't stop period

what the hell

Luigi87

god......fighting
ansem
solidified the fuck that not doing it on proud mode.......he infinite spammed lasers in phase one ship mode..........I remember at least some type of break in it.......but nope he didn't stop period

what the hell

Yeah once he starts his DM it's endless, however there is a very noticable pattern that always repeats that allows you to get a few attacks in between the end of one and the start of the next. It's just annoying because you only get like a few attacks, then spend around 45 second avoiding the lasers.

ViciousDS

Banned
Yeah once he starts his DM it's endless, however there is a very noticable pattern that always repeats that allows you to get a few attacks in between the end of one and the start of the next. It's just annoying because you only get like a few attacks, then spend around 45 second avoiding the lasers.

yes, the second kingdom hearts is insanely easier on proud just because mechanics allow you to really master.......KH1 is just so flipping clunky and stiff compared to 2.

I would probably break my first controller ever on KH1 if I did a proud run lol

Chitown B

my first time through was today. It sucked mostly. Those stupid lifts, ugh.

JTripper

It's so weird cause it's one of the highlights of KH1, yet every time I actually get there on a playthrough, I dread the actual "playing" part of it.

Skittles

jesus christ i forgot how bad the camera was in kh1fm. i thought 2nd form boogie was bad and then i got inside neverland ship, that was fucking nauseating

I'm liking CoM way more than I thought I would. It's a slower game but I like that there's some thinking involved while still being quick on your feet. It adds a tension that you don't really get in the other games. I mean, you could just mash but that doesn't seem like it would be very fun here.

JSoup

Banned
Does the cheese method for the original CoM work in this version? That is, dump everything into CP, load up your deck with powerful summons and laugh as everything around you dies.

It's so weird cause it's one of the highlights of KH1, yet every time I actually get there on a playthrough, I dread the actual "playing" part of it.

i used to dread places like Hollow Bastion and Deep Jungle as a kid, but i seem to breeze through those sections now. i got to the final save spot at about 12 hours.

ViciousDS

Banned
i used to dread places like Hollow Bastion and Deep Jungle as a kid, but i seem to breeze through those sections now. i got to the final save spot at about 12 hours.

was level 61 at the final save in 19 hours, had all dalmations, trinities and doing tournaments normal........all and all.....the slow leveling of dusk early on made me feel that just going midday would seem better if I wasn't going for a maxed out character.

Leveling balanced/midday in xp seems to be just perfect balance for both in the beginning and end game.

Dawn easily if your going for that kingdom key rush though

EDIT: WTF my KH 1 save was only 19 hours......this game took weeks of my life as a kid, holy hell......you never realize how small some old games are until you go back to them.

All in all KH2 aged insanely well, music is god tier, combat is god tier.....just everything was literally fixed going from 1 to 2.

KH2 still holds sooooooooooo well in todays gaming world. Back when you didn't need side quests to do shit.

KH1 though......yes, I am not going back to that lol

gdt

I'm really enjoying KH1 right now.

Anyway, is there a point to getting into the gummi ship stuff?

I haven't messed around in that at all, and the missions aren't fun or anything.

I am seriously in awe of the load times and the fact that it takes me longer to power on my console and get to the home menu than it does to boot up KH1 and get right into the action.

If it's amazing me this much in KH1, KH2 is going to be a fuckin' religious experience.

can AS Vexen DM? cause i don't i have ever remember seeing him do it

He can, but it's rare. I imagine that was probably intentional since getting around it would be tough as hell without glide.

I am seriously in awe of the load times and the fact that it takes me longer to power on my console and get to the home menu than it does to boot up KH1 and get right into the action.

If it's amazing me this much in KH1, KH2 is going to be a fuckin' religious experience.

KH2 is even better, not by much but still better

Now go back to 0.2 where the game struggles to bring the menu up.

Chitown B

jesus christ i forgot how bad the camera was in kh1fm. i thought 2nd form boogie was bad and then i got inside neverland ship, that was fucking nauseating

yup. and then it'll get stuck on a wall trying to turn around, or it'll automatically flip the camera whether you want it to or not (example, the save spot in Monstro's mouth)

Tensketch

Can confirm that the hotel laps method is effective at levelling. Furthermore, I got both the wizards relic and the defender doing it. Great weapons.

LAA

Finished my 100% playthrough of KH1 now.
Just need to do a speed run... hopefully goes by quick.
Want to get ReCOM quickly out of the way too.

Top Bottom