• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Bauer91

Can confirm that the hotel laps method is effective at levelling. Furthermore, I got both the wizards relic and the defender doing it. Great weapons.

Did this for a while and then switched to the Ice Titan. Just got to level 100 so the hardest two optional bosses shouldn't be too hard now.

Just beat Jafar in Re:CoM.

Slow progress.

Same. I breezed through Agrabah then went to Wonderland where it seems like I'm kind of getting destroyed. I wonder if there is an optimal world order? I'm having better luck when I create rooms that boost magic, though.

Vashetti

Banned
Same. I breezed through Agrabah then went to Wonderland where it seems like I'm kind of getting destroyed. I wonder if there is an optimal world order? I'm having better luck when I create rooms that boost magic, though.

I went to Olympus after Agrabah, I think the order the game presents you is the optimal one.

Tensketch

Beat Kingdom Hearts, was level 63, tried an optional boss, got utterly destroyed in seconds.

On to Chain of Memories. I do not have the patience to max out.

Tensketch

man does it feel good to cheese out Saix, BanThePan

which one did you lose to?

Phantom! He just destroyed me, I couldn't keep up with stop and everything else and he annihilated me.

Then I tried unknown and got lightsabered to hell and back.

And now I'm on CoM and I think I hate it.

Bauer91

Phantom! He just destroyed me, I couldn't keep up with stop and everything else and he annihilated me.

Then I tried unknown and got lightsabered to hell and back.

And now I'm on CoM and I think I hate it.

At that level you could beat Ice Titan. It took me around 8 hours after finishing the game to get to level 100 and easily defeat all the other optional bosses.

I absolutely loved replaying Kingdom Hearts after all these years (plus the extra content for the first time).
Only played the GBA version of CoM, hopefully this one's decent enough.

I beat KH1 and am now starting com. I originally beat it on the gba which is where I think it needs to stay. I'll push through because I really really really want play kingdom hearts 2 again.

Lightning

Banned
My level doesn't matter against those optional bosses as I farmed mythril in the final rest area, before completing it, used them to make dark matters, then made power ups. It didn't take me long at all to get extremely high strength so I killed things quite quickly when I attacked them. Ice Titan takes a while no matter your stats cause of how that asshole fights.

Same with Sephiroth as he moves a lot and it's hard to string combos on him. I'd hit him 2-3 times then run away and rinse and repeat until he was dead.

I'm currently stat maxing in kh2fm now.

My level doesn't matter against those optional bosses as I farmed mythril in the final rest area, before completing it, used them to make dark matters, then made power ups. It didn't take me long at all to get extremely high strength so I killed things quite quickly when I attacked them. Ice Titan takes a while no matter your stats cause of how that asshole fights.

Same with Sephiroth as he moves a lot and it's hard to string combos on him. I'd hit him 2-3 times then run away and rinse and repeat until he was dead.

I'm currently stat maxing in kh2fm now.

Just FYI, Strength in KH2FM caps out around 70 or so. You can raise it past there, but it doesn't really do anything considering the damage caps for the enemies left in the game at that point.

Zomba13

Did Unknown and Sephiroth in KH1 (proud) earlier. Being level 100 sure makes them pushovers. I had such trouble on the PS2 against Sephy (can't remember the level) but just one shot him at this level.

Tampler

Police are on their way.

They ain't taking me alive!

Easy mode is the correct way to play CoM.

Yeah, I finished the original GBA version on normal, but since I never played the remake (Since it was never released on PS2 here in Europe) I kinda want to see what the remake is like.But at the same time, I'm dying to play KH2:FM so I kind of want to go through the game without too much resistance this time around.

Zomba13

I found my GBA copy of CoM and was on floor 13 or something of Castle Oblivion, 17ish hours in just before a fight against Axel. I think I just couldn't beat him back then or got bored of it. How far was that from the end? Also, does Re:Com have anythings outside of trophies that need you to play on harder modes?

I found my GBA copy of CoM and was on floor 13 or something of Castle Oblivion, 17ish hours in just before a fight against Axel. I think I just couldn't beat him back then or got bored of it. How far was that from the end? Also, does Re:Com have anythings outside of trophies that need you to play on harder modes?
Pretty close to finishing Sora's side. Axel II, Vexen II, and Riku Replica IV (ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhh) were the bosses I remember stonewalling people in the GBA version.

Lightning

Banned
Just FYI, Strength in KH2FM caps out around 70 or so. You can raise it past there, but it doesn't really do anything considering the damage caps for the enemies left in the game at that point.
I know. I do it for kicks while I'm levelling to 99 for the trophy. Lol.

Really? I remember in OG KH2 I was able to raise my strength past 100 and destroy round 49 of the hades cup in 10 seconds.
KH2FM applies a damage cap on the Data Org. and Lingering Will. Most other bosses and heartless die at 75-80 strength just as quick as they would at say, 90-100, though. Besides, there really isn't much else to fight but Sephiroth (if you haven't fought him yet) and Hades Paradox if you're in a position to stat max in OG KH2, lol

ViciousDS

Banned
I quit RE: CoM

God, I made it to the second world and quit. It's such a drag, I loved it on the GBA but just too much time in tiny ass areas, Menus and shit. Also wtf at health bars on some enemies.

Also is that really Christopher Lee as DiZ in 358/2 days? Because my friend and I started laughing so hard we cried. It's sounds really weird and seems like it's a different actor

Gulz1992

Also is that really Christopher Lee as DiZ in 358/2 days? Because my friend and I started laughing so hard we cried. It's sounds really weird and seems like it's a different actor

If I recall, Chirstopher Lee voiced DiZ in the videogame version but they replaced him with Corey Burton for the cutscene version in 1.5.

dropped BBS for now. Picked up KHII and what do I choose at the start?
1st time with the struggle weapons and then the second time?

Struggle weapon choise don't really matter, Shield is by far the best choise in KH2FM (which is kinda shame since it takes away from the meaningful customization).

Tensketch

OK so I went back and fought the ice titan!

Oh my God, am I missing something? I cannot hit those icicles to save my life. I luck out and hit one or two and they just murder me.

I think I'm really, really bad at this game.

EDIT: OH FOR GOD'S SAKE IT WAS AEROGA

OK so I went back and fought the ice titan!

Oh my God, am I missing something? I cannot hit those icicles to save my life. I luck out and hit one or two and they just murder me.

I think I'm really, really bad at this game.

EDIT: OH FOR GOD'S SAKE IT WAS AEROGA

Yeah, the Ice Titan uses larger, not-deflectable projectiles if you have Aero on. Hope you like your Guard button.

Chitown B

KH1 really has a balance problem. I could float through most of the game, but I'm at the last boss area and it's some real bullshit. I'm looking it up and "Ansem Again" is only the second of like 5 final boss battles in row.

And I know that the secret bosses would have me have to gain about 30 more levels just to take them on. Come on.

Chitown B

Also love getting hit while casting cure, not realizing it didn't work, so you don't do it again, and you die. OR, you use an Elixer, get hit and think it didn't work so you use another and waste one.

Top Bottom