• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

gdt

I have no idea where to go in Atlantica. It's like I'm randomly visiting caves here. It's worse than Deep Jungle.

I have no idea where to go in Atlantica. It's like I'm randomly visiting caves here. It's worse than Deep Jungle.

Very simplified walktrough if you still need it:

Follow the trident signs to speak with King Triton->Ariel's Grotto->ride the dolphin outside for a bit->go to undersea valley and ride the dolphin again so he will take you to the sunken ship entrance->get the treasure from the ship->Ariel's Grotto->Triton's Throne->Sunken Ship, open the new path to boss->use the new ability to access the final boss beyond the current you couldn't swim past before

Also you need to kill the heartless in the room to make the dolphin appear.

gdt

Very simplified walktrough if you still need it:

Follow the trident signs to speak with King Triton->Ariel's Grotto->ride the dolphin outside for a bit->go to undersea valley and ride the dolphin again so he will take you to the sunken ship entrance->get the treasure from the ship->Ariel's Grotto->Triton's Throne->Sunken Ship, open the new path to boss->use the new ability to access the final boss beyond the current you couldn't swim past before

Also you need to kill the heartless in the room to make the dolphin appear.

Thanks a lot.

gdt

So I think I unlocked the final world, Hollow Bastion. Now Cid warned me about going there and Goofy recommended visiting completed worlds for new stuff. Any tips on where to start?

So I think I unlocked the final world, Hollow Bastion. Now Cid warned me about going there and Goofy recommended visiting completed worlds for new stuff. Any tips on where to start?
Don't worry about it for now, it's not a point of no return.

Complete Hercules Cup then get the yellow trinity for Aeroea in Neverland

Jigolo

I always skip CoM
yep. tried it on PS3 and made decent progress until i kinda got stuck. Just watched the rest on youtube and plan on skipping it entirely when i get this remaster. I want to own the whole collection on one system so i sold the trey versions

Meowster

Playing the last world of the first half of reCOM. I've just been skipping the Disney storylines of the worlds since most are just retreads of the original game and been focusing on grinding and getting good cards. Haven't died yet but I'm sure that will change by the time I'm finished with the second batch of worlds.

Be sure to do Olympus Coliseum first to beat a (harder) boss and get a strong summon early on.

cLOUDo

Start playing KH1 and jeez I don't remember the game was that frustrating
The camera is awful and the controls feels very uncomfortable

Tensketch

OK. I stacked exp items and ran the top ten hades cup until I hit 100.

Then I went and destroyed every single optional boss one by one.

I could stay and craft ultima, but I'm done with KHFM for now. I'm satisfied with what I've achieved.

Byvar

Marluxia is all but confirmed for KH3 since Nobodies based on him have already been shown in one of the latest trailers.

I don't see Larxene and the other missing Organization XIII members just never being mentioned again either. They'll probably appear in KH3 in some form.

Marluxia is all but confirmed for KH3 since Nobodies based on him have already been shown in one of the latest trailers.

I don't see Larxene and the other missing Organization XIII members just never being mentioned again either. They'll probably appear in KH3 in some form.

Uhhmmm, you sure those are Nobodies?

Kinda look like Heartless to me, and I don't think we've had any confirmation on NB's in 3, yet

Uhhmmm, you sure those are Nobodies?

Kinda look like Heartless to me, and I don't think we've had any confirmation on NB's in 3, yet

I think they are clearly nobodies. White, no yellow eyes, same pattern on their ''petals'' as seen with other nobodies. And of course obvious reference to Marluxia.

That said they could just be a reference and a good excuse to show new nobodies since we never saw the ones specifically controlled by CoM members (outside of Marluxia last boss one). Doesn't mean Mar and Larx are coming back.

Just purchased the game on PSN. It says it's around 45 GB, but the download is only for 10GB. Is it downloading game by game? Can I play KHI while waiting for the others to download? Sorry if its a stupid question but there was nothing in OP about it.

Just purchased the game on PSN. It says it's around 45 GB, but the download is only for 10GB. Is it downloading game by game? Can I play KHI while waiting for the others to download? Sorry if its a stupid question but there was nothing in OP about it.

I *think* you can start KH1 before the whole thing is downloaded. I'm not entirely sure and I'm not sure if it's immediately at 10GB point. I just remember someone saying that they played KH1 before the whole download finished. Not 100% sure doe.

I *think* you can start KH1 before the whole thing is downloaded. I'm not entirely sure and I'm not sure if it's immediately at 10GB point. I just remember someone saying that they played KH1 before the whole download finished. Not 100% sure doe.

Ok. Thanks. I'll report back once the download finishes just to clarify for anyone who is wondering.

z4chc3na

Am I wrong thinking I could go through this on Beginner and do all the extra stuff then just run through on Proud and just simply beat it for the Plat?

Am I wrong thinking I could go through this on Beginner and do all the extra stuff then just run through on Proud and just simply beat it for the Plat?

You could but it means you need to finish it without changing equipment and speedrunning on beginner and only after that start doing completionist stuff (since both of those are kinda ass to do on Proud) so the playtrough would feel a bit ''unnatural'' if you care about that stuff. It's just much simpler to do a completionist playtrough on Proud where you don't need to worry about trophy stuff and then do a cleanup run on beginner.

Meowster

What Napalm_Frank said. You can easily do a five hour (or less) run on beginner mode to get those final trophies. Proud mode wasn't too hard for me aside from Sephiroth and Ursula's second form.

Yeah, you should only be able to play through the Destiny Islands part of KH1 I believe. Once there you're like forced to save and wait for the rest of the data to download. It was the same with DDD in 2.8, you had a forced save after just arriving in Traverse Town and had to wait for the rest to download.

ZeoVGM

Banned
Hey guys, the age old question: shield or staff? I know not sword.

I see a lot of people suggest staff but shouldn't I go with shield to get Second Chance earlier?

And I think I should pick dusk?

MoxManiac

Hey guys, the age old question: shield or staff? I know not sword.

I see a lot of people suggest staff but shouldn't I go with shield to get Second Chance earlier?

And I think I should pick dusk?

Are you planning to just finish the game or do you want to do all the optional content? And what difficulty?

Somehow managed to max out all my forms and get a complete save for IIFM+ just have the secret bosses minus sephi to do. Started on BBS finished the horrible Terra mode and on to Ventus already in Olympus. I love BBS so much <3 conmand boaed sucks though.

EDIT: FYI Terra story isn't horrible just he's too slow compared to the other two :( and not as cool

Banzai

There has GOT to be a better way to farm Mythrils in KH1.
Right it's run through the first area of EOTW -> fight Behemoth for 20% Chance -> (Don't get anything ->) Run to Save Point in the Hundred Acre Wood room because for some stupid reason the save point right after the Behemoth can't be used to go to the gummy ship -> repeat.

I still need 10...

edit: wait, no I don't? Apparently the guide I read calculated the mythrils as if I'd synthesize all the Dark matters instead of getting some from chests? What a waste of time...

Meowster

The final boss of Chain of Memories is probably the hardest final boss in the series (well, I still have to finish Birth by Sleep and Dream Drop Distance but otherwise). His first two forms were easy enough but that last one required me to unlearn my deck and start all over. It ended up working after that.

LAA

Platinumed KH1 yesterday. Went for Speedster/No Continues/Unchanging Armour all in one go.
When I got to Chernhog though, was having problems being sub level 50, so grinded for a bit and got Power boosts/defense boosts from the chests I could, then managed to beat him and the end game, though I did die to Ansem 2 on one attempt...

COM will be next, the game I'm least looking forward to...

Banzai

Bambi can drop then so summon him and defeat some heartless

I looked it up and you can use Bambi in the Deep Jungle room of World Terminus to somewhat reliably get Mythrils. Two of the pink monkeys need to summon additional heartless for you to fill up Bambi's gauge three times, though, which they sometimes don't do.
...and then if you do fill up the gauge three times there's only a 30% chance to even get a Mythril. Still, just got 6 Mythrils this way in about an hour.

Started KH2, gonna come back to Re:CoM some other time.

I picked the magic Struggle Bat and the Shield, is that okay?

which difficulty?Standard?If you are on standard then it's ok, but if you're playing on proud or critical I would highly recommend you to take the shield instead of the magic bat

Top Bottom