• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

nemisis0

Do ap skills ruin the don't change accessories or weopon trophy? Near the end and have not used any skills besides double jump since you need it.

Chitown B

Come on fam Ansem is easy

nope. I'm level 59. I appreciate the elitist tone though

He uses the most BS tactics. Oh you're at red bar? let me rush at you 10 times in a row while you try to heal. Oh you want to hit me? How about a energy barrier that hurts you, and if you try to attack I suck your life out?

Tensketch

He uses the most BS tactics. Oh you're at red bar? let me rush at you 10 times in a row while you try to heal. Oh you want to hit me? How about a energy barrier that hurts you, and if you try to attack I suck your life out?

Cannot stress enough how important leaf bracer is. Get that, get a good version of aero and keep the faith! I managed it at level 55. Just don't stay on him, that'll get you killed. Move in, hit him a few times, GTFO. You can do it!

I ended up reaching level 99 before facing Sephiroth and Xemnas in KH1FM, since I figure I'm going for the trophies anyway, might as well do it in that order. Holy crap it felt like cheating. I ended up killing Xemnas before he even had a chance to do Shock / Release. If you're having trouble equip some EXP accessories and go to town in the Gizmo shop, you can get 2-3 levels in about 5-10 minutes easily. Grinding to level 100 took maybe an additional 30 minutes on top of what I had already done for synthesis items

about to quit KH1FM. This boss at the end is pure bullshit. I'm on Ansem solo.

KH1 Ansem feels like a bit of a design throwback to me, but in a really good way. He's *actually* the toughest mandatory boss in the game - arguably Riku 2 is a bigger difficulty spike in terms of how aggressive he is, but if you don't do any grinding Ansem is genuinely very tough-but-fair and actually feels intimidatingly powerful (forcing you to do a lot of evasion and learning safe windows for attacking him).

Aeroga comically cripples his rush attack, by the way (occasionally straight up cancels it).

But yeah, make sure at the very least you've got Leaf Bracer and Curaga and equip every possible MP Rage/MP Haste ability. Second Chance is great too, though on a Staff playthrough you don't get Second Chance until your stats are already high enough to basically be able to brute force Ansem anyway.

SpecX

LOL I feel your pain. I just reached him last night, lvl 57, and shit is tough. I'm heading back to the Colosseum to gain at least 10 levels and search out some of the Trinities I missed before I try him again.

Chitown B

Cannot stress enough how important leaf bracer is. Get that, get a good version of aero and keep the faith! I managed it at level 55. Just don't stay on him, that'll get you killed. Move in, hit him a few times, GTFO. You can do it!

I chose sword so I can't get bracer until level 69. I'm at 62 now grinding Olympia. It's really shitty.

There are not that many bosses in the series that punish you for being too aggressive but this is one of them. He's really not that hard, it's just that the rest of the game trained you to button mash. A well timed guard or roll can get you out of just about any situation in Kingdom Hearts so use them and don't panic when you're low on health. Guard or dodge until he stops and then heal.

Alternatively you can grind until you learn Leaf Bracer which will prevent you from taking damage while you heal.

I chose sword so I can't get bracer until level 69. I'm at 62 now grinding Olympia. It's really shitty.

7 levels are relatively easy grind with Ice Titan (or the other methods mentioned here). Just equip all EXP boosting accessories you have (and tech boost abilities if Ice Titaning).

Also if you are playing on Proud equipping Exp 0 helps while doing the final boss. What keyblade are you using?

Chitown B

7 levels are relatively easy grind with Ice Titan (or the other methods mentioned here). Just equip all EXP boosting accessories you have (and tech boost abilities if Ice Titaning).

Also if you are playing on Proud equipping Exp 0 helps while doing the final boss. What keyblade are you using?

EXP 0? do you mean the EXP ring?

using Divine Rose

haven't beaten Ice Titan, wasn't sure how to damage him. I'll look it up. Working on 10th seed of Hades Cup over and over.

EXP 0? do you mean the EXP ring?

using Divine Rose

haven't beaten Ice Titan, wasn't sure how to damage him. I'll look it up. Working on 10th seed of Hades Cup over and over.

Exp 0 ability that prevents you from gaining experience. It gives some hidden bonuses by equipping and the fact you don't gain levels won't matter in the final boss.

All you need to do on Ice Titan grind is block his projectiles, you get a bunch of tech experience. Just don't use aero or he will change his projectiles to non blockable ones.

What's an ideal amount of HP in CoM? I'm level 26 with 170 HP and 625 CP. Been focusing on Sleights and CP but I don't want to screw myself on HP later down the line.

What's an ideal amount of HP in CoM? I'm level 26 with 170 HP and 625 CP. Been focusing on Sleights and CP but I don't want to screw myself on HP later down the line.

Depends on your difficulty. Honestly on Beginner/Standard you don't need to level HP almost at all. Even on Proud you easily can do like 3-4 CP per 1 HP upgrade. Not sure if optimal but that's how I've done it on proud.

Having a good deck just makes you take so much less damage and finish bosses much faster.

Tensketch

I've been there. First time I played this game, when it came out, I chose sword and I blitzed through the entire game until that boss, it utterly destroyed me every time.

This playthrough made me really appreciated that button mashing does not lead to victory. You have to pick when to strike.

Go back once you have leaf bracer and it'll get better. I did the hades cup 10-1 with exp equipment on and could get through about 10 levels an hour, something like that.

It's hard to truly screw yourself with HP. If you find yourself suddenly dying against normal enemies, consider rearranging your deck first and foremost (also, absolutely don't be afraid of having one regular-enemies deck and one boss-fight deck - it is ABSOLUTELY worth investing the time to build one of each).

Think of HP as your margin of error, basically. If you ever truly feel like the game's brutalizing you too hard and it's not about your ability to overpower opponents or keep them from executing their own moves, you can always go back and give yourself one or two levels of HP.

Also, don't forget about doing at least one Calm Bounty per world and don't forget about going back for the Key to Rewards rooms too. That'll often unlock more Sleights for you, and every new Sleight learned is *huge* for giving you more options. By endgame you should basically just be straight up spamming Sleights against every encounter, and it ought to totally slaughter normal-enemy encounters and also pretty consistently stunlock bosses until they're dead.

Depends on your difficulty. Honestly on Beginner/Standard you don't need to level HP almost at all. Even on Proud you easily can do like 3-4 CP per 1 HP upgrade. Not sure if optimal but that's how I've done it on proud.

Having a good deck just makes you take so much less damage and finish bosses much faster.

I'm on Standard. I guess I'll just stick to my path, so far CP and Sleights have proved useful outside of a few situations where more health could have bought me more time to heal.
It's hard to truly screw yourself with HP. If you find yourself suddenly dying against normal enemies, consider rearranging your deck first and foremost (also, absolutely don't be afraid of having one regular-enemies deck and one boss-fight deck - it is ABSOLUTELY worth investing the time to build one of each).

Think of HP as your margin of error, basically. If you ever truly feel like the game's brutalizing you too hard and it's not about your ability to overpower opponents or keep them from executing their own moves, you can always go back and give yourself one or two levels of HP.
I have a magic deck and two melee decks, one that has so far been great for bosses due to high values, potions and support. So far so good.

Meowster

Aerora or Aeroga really makes this fight a LOT easier. I was struggling with his second form on my no equipment change run and getting Aerora really improved that fight. Get that, make use of a lot of dodge roll, and pound away.

Aerora or Aeroga really makes this fight a LOT easier. I was struggling with his second form on my no equipment change run and getting Aerora really improved that fight. Get that, make use of a lot of dodge roll, and pound away.

Aeroga occasionally deflecting Ansem's dash attack is hilarious when it happens (but Aeroga requires a good deal more effort to get than Aerora does, IMO).

Captcha

I didn't realize they changed the gummi ship blue print trophy in this version from collect them all to collect 30, so I ended up doing all the missions. Sweet Lord do I hate the gummi ship. Whoever thought up some of these missions needs a caning. I was so bummed when I realized I did way more than I had to.

I didn't realize they changed the gummi ship blue print trophy in this version from collect them all to collect 30, so I ended up doing all the missions. Sweet Lord do I hate the gummi ship. Whoever thought up some of these missions needs a caning. I was so bummed when I realized I did way more than I had to.
Oh nice, I didn't realize that either. Sounds like this will actually be something I can casually do if I feel like it.

Oswen

Finally managed to beat re:CoM (only normal difficulty though).
I didn't like the game at all, mostly because the whole rooms and floors setup is very repetitive and boring.

Is playing it again as
Riku
worth it? I don't really know if I could take another run and I can't wait to play KH2FM and BBS (never played this one so it will be totally new).

Finally managed to beat re:CoM (noly normal difficulty though).
I didn't like the game at all, mostly because the whole rooms and floors setup is very repetitive and boring.

Is playing it again as
Riku
worth it? I don't really know if I could take another run and I can't wait to play KH2FM and BBS (never played this one so it will be totally new).

Second playtrough is much faster and you don't need to worry about making decks if that makes you feel better.

Finally managed to beat re:CoM (noly normal difficulty though).

Is playing it again as
Riku

Riku's half of the game is just as important to the overarching story of the series (arguably much more so) and it's got some pretty different mechanics. I see it as being roughly equivalent to Birth By Sleep, in the sense that if you only beat Sora's half you've only played half of the game (Riku's game isn't just precisely the same campaign with a different playable character, it's got unique boss fights, very different mechanics, and plenty of story).

Also, Riku's a damn powerhouse who gets all Enemy Cards available at all times without having to worry about their ridiculous CP costs like Sora does. It's fun.

Psxphile

Also, Riku's a damn powerhouse who gets all Enemy Cards available at all times without having to worry about their ridiculous CP costs like Sora does. It's fun.

Yes. Always start every battle with the Maleficent card once you get it. Later, the Lexaeus card's Warp ability will let you obliterate enemy groups with a simple 3-hit combo. You'll be shocked to see how fast you can clear a room.

Yes. Always start every battle with the Maleficent card once you get it. Later, the Lexaeus card's Warp ability will let you obliterate enemy groups with a simple 3-hit combo. You'll be shocked to see how fast you can clear a room.

actually there is a better way to use Lexaeus card, just go into dark mode and only do ari attacks. it's also a good way to grind riku out as well

Meowster

I find Chain of Memories really enjoyable once you get past the Disney Worlds (which, granted, are about sixty percent of the game but you can just skip all those cutscenes since COM was basically KH-lite for the GBA). The card system stops holding your hand and you have to plan in advance for the continually more difficult bosses. It's fun. I actually managed to beat Riku IV on my first try. He was extremely hard on the GBA version, I was stuck on him for almost a year.

Chitown B

I've been there. First time I played this game, when it came out, I chose sword and I blitzed through the entire game until that boss, it utterly destroyed me every time.

This playthrough made me really appreciated that button mashing does not lead to victory. You have to pick when to strike.

Go back once you have leaf bracer and it'll get better. I did the hades cup 10-1 with exp equipment on and could get through about 10 levels an hour, something like that.

got Leaf Bracer. Here I go....

gdt

Finished KH1, loved it.

Can you guys recommend a good recap/story cutscene video on YouTube for Re: Chain of Memories? Just gonna skip that game but apparently the story is important?

Mikey Jr.

Finished KH1, loved it.

Can you guys recommend a good recap/story cutscene video on YouTube for Re: Chain of Memories? Just gonna skip that game but apparently the story is important?

Nearly every game in the KH universe is important.

Just youtube com story summary.

Also, play KH2 next despite what anyone tells you here otherwise.

JayEH

Finished KH1, loved it.

You won't understand the beginning of 2 at all if you don't know what happens in com.

CoM:
Sora finds a Castle and investigates it.
Org XIII start showing up.
As Sora and the group go further into the castle, he starts losing his memories.
Naminé befriends Sora.
She puts his memories back together.
~Kingdom Hearts 2~

Luigi87

Finished KH1, loved it.

Nearly every game in the KH universe is important.

Just youtube com story summary.

Also, play KH2 next despite what anyone tells you here otherwise.

You won't understand the beginning of 2 at all if you don't know what happens in com.

Yeah as mention, Re:CoM is very important to the story (and explains what happens to half of the Organization)

Basically the mainline games are: KH1, Re:CoM, KH2, BbS, DDD, BbS 0.2 (sort of)

Days and Re:coded provide additional backstory. Albeit Re:coded is what spurns the characters into action for DDD, I will not acknowledge it as mainline!
Edit: Oh, and then there's x(chi) Unchained/Union x(cross), but... eh.

Tensketch

Oh god. I'm 2 hours, traverse town and olympus into Chain of Memories. I really don't know if I like this game. No, I'm fairly positive that I don't like this game.

Please, someone, tell me why I'm wrong and tell me why I should actually love this game.

I don't expect the game to hold my hand, but it's just kinda thrown me into this and is expecting me to swim. Are there any crash course guides on how to get good and ultimately enjoy this illegitimate bastard child of the series?

Luigi87

Just beat the Hyenas first visit to Pride Lands.

Kind of terrifying in that they can pretty much just OHKO me. Next up... ugh...

Top Bottom