• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

JayEH

Finished the first visit to Tron's world, got outside and encountered those nobodies that skate around, grab you, and throw you for absurdly massive damage.

Nope'd out of there. Going to grind levels and get my Drive Forms up.

I just magnet+lighting/finishing leap them. I Don't want to mess around with that shit.

nemisis0

So I read the OP, Jusy picked this up, there is a lot of games on this disc!

So all those problems in the OP about KH2, have they been fixed?

I get stutters still but my game is on an extranal harddrive and it's probebly because of that so not sure if it's fixed or not. Still very playable.

Can someone tell me what exactly is required to get 100% journal for proud mode in KH2 final mix?

I was going to try and get all that stuff, but when I saw some of the completion requirements for certain missions, I knew I couldn't do it, so I gave up, but when I beat the game, it said I had 90% journal entries, and based on what it says I still haven't completed, I wouldn't have thought I had 90%.

Matters what order you get abilities in and your max MP/item slots.
I was going to pick staff/sword and let go of the shield, if I die I die, it's not dark souls

But I still can't shake that feeling that it's a dumb move.

Edit: dropped the sword

So does this game just automatically do 4k or is there an option to toggle?

Finally at the point in my KH Proud Sword/Shield run
I'm nuts for doing that
where I can plow through regular heartless.

Feels good :D once you get Cure, it's all okay

NullKaze

I imagine it's a triangle spam. Rising sun tears through everything.
It does until you can't Rising Sun anymore and you land on three armored Heartless spinning into you and killing you...

Triangle spamming 1000 Heartless on Lv1 is basically useless. Limit Form is the much better bet if you can't reliably Sparkle Ray everything.

Psxphile

Finally on to kh2 lol. The hard focus on the nobody symbol followed by soras confused huh face sooo good. Love lil details
https://a.pomf.cat/lfrned.webm

Whoever was in charge of the facial animations in KH2 did a great job.

tumblr_nls8mn1NRN1up7vb2o1_250.gif

tumblr_nqd5xvgBiN1rorbfco1_500.gif

Oswen

Done with Riku on Re:CoM, much better than Sora, it truly felt like I was playing a glass cannon the entire time, now on to KH2FM!

Silly question time: while playing KHFM I felt like the heartless colours were off "maybe I just don't remember it well" I thought but...turns out they had the "right" coloration in Re:CoM! Did they recolour the heartless? Is there any reason for it?

Also..I realized there was no dodge roll in KH2?!
It feels a bit odd to play right now.

Done with Riku on Re:CoM, much better than Sora, it truly felt like I was playing a glass cannon the entire time, now on to KH2FM!

Silly question time: while playing KHFM I felt like the heartless colours were off "maybe I just don't remember it well" I thought but...turns out they had the "right" coloration in Re:CoM! Did they recolour the heartless? Is there any reason for it?

Also..I realized there was no dodge roll in KH2?!
It feels a bit odd to play right now.

Final Mix versions always had Heartless colored slightly differently. It's sort of their quirk.

I liked the touch, honestly. It doesn't intrude, you have something a bit new to see and nothing is ruined.

As for Dodge Roll... (slight gameplay spoilers)
You get it by obtaining/leveling up Limit Form, a new Drive Form introduced in KH2FM

Luigi87

I imagine it's a triangle spam. Rising sun tears through everything.

imagine playing through KH2 without knowing the whole game is "Press Triangle to win"...

also, the move where he grabs a heartless and shoots a laser beam out of it demolishes them in that part.

Yeah, basically it's RC then dodge until you RC again. If you grab one of the Surveillance Robot Heartless and use it's RC, you need to run away and grab a different one after. If you grab the same one twice in a row you will get hit, which at level 1 (with no armor/no accessories/no stat boosts) is instant death.

LycanXIII

I know design wise, Deep Jungle is pretty shitty, but lore wise, it's kind of sad that Sora never thinks about Tarzan and the others again thanks to the copyright.

Psxphile

Final Mix versions always had Heartless colored slightly differently. It's sort of their quirk.

I liked the touch, honestly. It doesn't intrude, you have something a bit new to see and nothing is ruined.

TVtdfzs.png

I know design wise, Deep Jungle is pretty shitty, but lore wise, it's kind of sad that Sora never thinks about Tarzan and the others again thanks to the copyright.

Namine had to wipe that slate clean, too many impure thoughts about Jane and she's a mad crazy SoKai shipper (for obvious reasons).

Okay, Trinity Armor or whatever it's called is worse, but the Final Mix version of the Wyvern is objectively better.

Also: what the fuck is up with the Coliseum having the non-FM skins on tons of enemies

....Marluxia...how do you beat him :( dude gives not a single fuck about my deck of cheddar cheese.
His first phase doesn't really do sleights and is therefore quite easy to take on; for his second phase, Lethal Frame will do a lot for you.

If you're generally having a lot of trouble, my advice is to go make sure you've done a basic Bounty room and the Key to Rewards room on every floor (and that you've watched 358/2 Days so those will actually give you every prize), plus unlocking all the rewards from 1000 Acre Wood. That'll get you some cards and Sleights you might be missing, and you might level up once or twice in the process.

His first phase doesn't really do sleights and is therefore quite easy to take on; for his second phase, Lethal Frame will do a lot for you.

If you're generally having a lot of trouble, my advice is to go make sure you've done a basic Bounty room and the Key to Rewards room on every floor (and that you've watched 358/2 Days so those will actually give you every prize), plus unlocking all the rewards from 1000 Acre Wood. That'll get you some cards and Sleights you might be missing, and you might level up once or twice in the process.

Hmm maybe I should focus on attacking him until he enters the second phase, then use my rotation on him. That might make more sense.

Jesus I just SLAUGHTERED Demyx first try.

That's usually a struggle for me

I think the fact that 60fps gameplay is slightly sped up (and load times are basically nonexistent when new water clones spawn) but the timer still runs at the same speed basically neutralizes the only tough part of that battle.

But also, you've had practice and presumably beaten Data Demyx before on the PS3 and have a better sense of how not to screw yourself over.

Is the general consensus that Premium upgrades to your cards are never, ever worth it and that Premium cards are straight up dumb (unless they're item cards)?

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I've never played a KH game, but I love the mobile game. I may pick the collections up. Which one do I buy first (to make sure I don't hate them)?

Damn Mickey saved me 5 times against Xaldin in one fight. Helped me cheese it.
It's kind of a shame (IMO) that there's no reset on the Mickey-saving-your-ass counter like there is on the get-screwed-with-Anti-form counter.

Also, kind of a shame that it's impossible for him to show up in e.g. any of the game's optional battles.

rucury

Banned
Any tips in general for Proud mode playthroughs? I remember playing Proud KH1 back in the day and getting wrecked by some mobs in Olympus Colosseum...

Zomba13

I've never played a KH game, but I love the mobile game. I may pick the collections up. Which one do I buy first (to make sure I don't hate them)?

Get this one (1.5+2.5) because it's got 4 games, starts at the beginning and most people don't much like DDD and if that was your first (or the 0.2 thing) then you'll not know wtf is going on with the plot.

The plot gets confusing and convoluted as you get deeper but the timeline is pretty simple. Play the stuff in the order of the menu. (1, CoM, 358/2 (movie), 2, BBS, ReCoded (movie) ). 352/8 did come after KH2 but CoM takes place during it and the ending of 358 leads into the start of 2 and it'll add to Roxas and Axel's characters.

The collection is also pretty well priced so even if you end up not liking the games then at elast it didn't make a big dent in your wallet.

ricelord

Took a little over 6 hours to do the speedrun to get the plat for KH 1.

Time to start KH CoM.

Any tips in general for Proud mode playthroughs? I remember playing Proud KH1 back in the day and getting wrecked by some mobs in Olympus Colosseum...

Do it later when you are much more higher in lvl.

Do Wonderland, then Deep Jungle, *then* the Coliseum on your way back to Traverse Town.

After you beat dragon Maleficent, go back and run around through all of the worlds getting chests/Trinities, do the Tournaments, et cetera - every world (including the Coloseum tournaments) gets a lot tougher after you fight Riku (IIRC that's the timing), so you'll want to get your upgrades in while it's easier to achieve.

I agree with the suggestion above to do Deep Jungle before Colosseum.

Just beat both last night on Proud, and having Cure for Col would have made it much easier.

Get this collection and if you want to give this series just one chance, play either KH2 or Birth by Sleep. KH1 is a tad archaic so it may turn you off.

If you do play KH1 first though, do play at least one of the above as well so your experience isn't limited to just the oldest in the series.

Chain of Memories is absolutely optional and the other two are movies.

Meowster

omg never mind, Ansem in Reverse Rebirth on Proud is probably harder than Marluxia, that took me forever but I was also significantly underleveled at 30. Just had to duel his ass over and over until I could finally swarm him. Those slights of his are killer. Now I can get to the good stuff!

Top Bottom