• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

shit

really bummed out about this. was really anticipating this as the definitive edition yet the stability issues arent looking very good
It's definitely still the definitive edition. I've had KH1 crash exactly once on me and that's it. Compared to 1.5 PS3 where I got a handful of crashes/freezes in KH1.

The stability issues aren't anywhere near as bad or frequent as the initial reports made it seem.

Prompto

Banned
Found an optional cutscene in Beast's Castle for the first time. Thought there were none at all after the first Kingdom Hearts.

Skittles

Man, KH1FM feels really bad to play until you get combo master. Some of the moves in KH1 have a real bad tendency to whiff when they shouldn't, so this stops you from getting fucked

Meowster

Kingdom Hearts II beginning spoilers: It's sweet how they
let Roxas believe he's his own person and let him live out this imaginary life in his sleep with friends and family. I used to always think this was really cruel, and to an extent, it still is, but it gave him way more than anything he'd get out of life until he merged with Sora.

Found an optional cutscene in Beast's Castle for the first time. Thought there were none at all after the first Kingdom Hearts.
I don't know what cutscene you are referring to but there is one when Sora wakes up at Twilight Town. You get a bonus scene if you go to the sandlot before the train station.

Prompto

Banned
I don't know what cutscene you are referring to but there is one when Sora wakes up at Twilight Town. You get a bonus scene if you go to the sandlot before the train station.
Damn don't think I've ever seen that one.

And the one I'm referring to is when you check up on Belle instead of going straight to the courtyard after fighting Xaldin's nobodies.

Damn don't think I've ever seen that one.

And the one I'm referring to is when you check up on Belle instead of going straight to the courtyard after fighting Xaldin's nobodies.

It's a really awkward scene. Seifer is being an asshole and the fat Struggle guy comes in and starts fanboying, asking to see more of his kewl struggle moves or something.

oh.. you guys are watching the cutscenes? i'm just skipping every scene possible. at one point in KH2
Riku
joined my party and i was like "woah, cool"

JayEH

Fuck man got the KH2 plat but I beat final
Xemnas
with only two ethers. Took me like an hour because I was too stubborn to go back to my previous save to get better items.

JayEH

So I guess at the end of KH2:
Sora presumably can finally see his mom again and maybe tell her what's going on. Lmao. I always forget he gets back to destiny island.

Meowster

When/where are the best places to level up my drive forms early on? I'd like to over prepare myself for my first Critical run. I haven't had any issues so far but still... I remember how much a pain some segments were on Proud and can only imagine how much worse they'd be. Escaping the Underworld... Roxas...

When/where are the best places to level up my drive forms early on? I'd like to over prepare myself for my first Critical run. I haven't had any issues so far but still... I remember how much a pain some segments were on Proud and can only imagine how much worse they'd be. Escaping the Underworld... Roxas...

Valor Form=Agrabah Mushroom (just keep hitting, when you are about to run out of drive go to the other room and exit to map via save and repeat)

Wisdom Form=Timeless River, kill heartless and exit via door to Disney Castle when about to run out of drive to reset.

Master Form=Cavern of Remembrance, hit the ball thingys to make drive orbs come out. When running out of drive go to the other room and die to heartless.

Limit Form=Agrabah Mushroom. Engage combat, use limits near the door so you don't actually hit him (hitting him makes the drive gauge deplete faster). When about to run out of drive go to the other room and exit via save.

Final Form=TWTNW or Yen Sid tower.

Bonus: Leveling up summons is super easy and fast at Agrabah Mushroom. When your summon gauge depletes start hitting the mushroom fast to restore the gauge to the previous ''level'' and just let it deplete again and repeat.

gdt

So are the some general tips as to this new stance ish system in Kingdom Hearts II?

Edit: should I be using this valor form outside of battle as well?

Razmos

So are the some general tips as to this new stance ish system in Kingdom Hearts II?

I wouldn't use them outside battle. Just use them in battle whenever you feel like it and have a full gauge. The drive forms level up and give Sora abilities he can use outside of the drive forms, like high jump or longer combos so it's best not to neglect them.

JayEH

Make sure to go to the abilities menu to see what you can do in each form, they all have different move sets. each of them level up differently but it's worth level each of them up to at least level 3 since you get a growth ability such as quick run, dodge, glide, etc. Go to the status screen and you can see what exactly is needed to level up a drive form and how much XP you need. When you pop your drive form you get full HP and MP so you can use it to help you out when you're in trouble. Also the activation itself can stagger enemies so use that to your advantage.

Razmos

Oh wow Dragon Maleficent was so easy in Chain of Memories. The ability to straight up cancel her attacks by using a higher card was just too strong lol

Quite cathartic after having a lot of trouble with her in KH1

I honestly think Re:CoM might be even more fun to break than the GBA version. My Blizzaga/Firaga/Sonic Blade/Lethal Frame deck is pretty much carrying me through the game. Just pour your level ups into CP and the occasional sleight and watch the fireworks fly

Also, the voice acting in general for Re:CoM is waaay better than I remember. The Org XIII characters are ironically pretty charismatic, and Riku (or more specifically, his replica) actually sounds pretty good. The voice direction is a lot better than I remember.

Razmos

It's my first time playing CoM and I'm very impressed all around. The combat is a lot more involved and fun than i was expecting, the organization members are fantastic boss fights, The voice acting and cutscenes are great and the light hearted humour and friendship between Sora and Pals is probably more apparent than in the first game.

Also just beat Vexen, woo. That was a hard fight but I felt like I really earned that win after failing so many times. It's rare I feel so challenged by a game. It's intense for sure.

Oh wow, I've never bothered with the minigames in CoM, but the Whirlwind Plume minigame is pretty obviously the origin of the dive minigame in KH3D. That's neat.

Razmos

Annnnd my triumph over Vexen was short lived since now i have to fight him again, and he's harder, with more health...

I think it's about time I moved on to KH2 lol

I honestly think Re:CoM might be even more fun to break than the GBA version. My Blizzaga/Firaga/Sonic Blade/Lethal Frame deck is pretty much carrying me through the game. Just pour your level ups into CP and the occasional sleight and watch the fireworks fly

Also, the voice acting in general for Re:CoM is waaay better than I remember. The Org XIII characters are ironically pretty charismatic, and Riku (or more specifically, his replica) actually sounds pretty good. The voice direction is a lot better than I remember.
honestly, the CoM organization members are better than the KH2 organization members (since Axel counts for both)

gdt

Quick question, maybe I'm missing something.

In Kingdom Hearts II, I got to the Mulan world and finished it, but now all I can do is Limits, I can't do a drive and switch into Valor stance anymore. I want to keep leveling that, and it's fun to fight in Valor form. Is there a way to change back to Drive instead of (or in addition to) Limits?

Quick question, maybe I'm missing something.

In Kingdom Hearts II, I got to the Mulan world and finished it, but now all I can do is Limits, I can't do a drive and switch into Valor stance anymore. I want to keep leveling that, and it's fun to fight in Valor form. Is there a way to change back to Drive instead of (or in addition to) Limits?
Press left or right on the D-Pad. You probably scrolled to the other part of the command menu.

Razmos

I'm calling shenanigans on the AI in Re:CoM. Vexen pulled out a 0 card to block my combo while his cards were still reloading

raven777

I was grinding Master form like crazy since I was stuck at lvl 6, and was trying to get lvl 7. Didn't realize that you can't get lvl 7 until you unlock Final form (which I haven't unlocked yet) lol. At least I grinded out munny along with it I guess..

Meowster

I'm calling shenanigans on the AI in Re:CoM. Vexen pulled out a 0 card to block my combo while his cards were still reloading
If you want an easier time... make a deck 9s, 8s, 7s, and some 6s and make sure no three keyblades match.. hand yourself a couple of Hi-Potions.. and Sonic Blade that crazy scientist to death. This will also work throughout most of the games bosses.

Razmos

If you want an easier time... make a deck 9s, 8s, 7s, and some 6s and make sure no three keyblades match.. hand yourself a couple of Hi-Potions.. and Sonic Blade that crazy scientist to death. This will also work throughout most of the games bosses.
I made a deck of nothing but lethal frame and an elixir and cheesed him that way

Chain of Memories is one of those games like Vagrant Story, where when you don't understand the game's systems yet it's brutally hard, but once you understand them you pretty much crush everything in your path with minimal effort.

gdt

I don't care about Trophies.

In Kingdom Hearts 2, the gummy missions are actually fun enough. Does doing them and going for high level stuff there affect the normal game at all? I'm planning on actually doing all the extra stuff here. All the bosses/weapons/etc.

Vashetti

Banned

In Kingdom Hearts 2, the gummy missions are actually fun enough. Does doing them and going for high level stuff there affect the normal game at all? I'm planning on actually doing all the extra stuff here. All the bosses/weapons/etc.

Just trophy stuff

Zaverious

They don't affect the main game. They are required for the secret ending on Standard difficulty.

Zaverious

Hmm. Seems like I need that then.

How much effort is required for that ending on Normal?

If it's too much there is always YouTube.

To get the second secret ending on Standard, you have to 100% Jiminy's Journal meaning:
Collect every treasure
Completely beat all worlds
Complete synthesis
Complete mini-game challenges
Complete colosseum cups
Beat all superbosses

So yeah it'll take a while. Really it's a few of the superbosses that you'll have a problem with and synthesis is a grind but can lead to items that will help greatly with the superbosses. Make sure to have lucky lucky on. You need to level up your drive forms to get past certain spots in the Cavern of Rememberance You'll know when you see it.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Gonna start at the beginning - picked the game up today!

Anything I should be aware of? Major missables or anything like that in each game?

sn00zer

KH1 end game spoiler question:
I saved at the Final rest spot at LVL:50 before the last battle. I want to finish the rest of the side content, since theres no after story play apparently? I beat the OG KH, and don't remember being able to finish up all the extra stuff after the final fight. My questions is where to begin? Should I grind the Hades cup and build up levels to fight the extra bosses? or should I start doing something else? Just curious on peoples thoughts that have "100%" the game in the past. Thanks

Colosseum fights are absolutely worth doing as far as interesting content. Other stuff is just collecting junk for slightly shinier junk.

Zomba13

Gonna start at the beginning - picked the game up today!

Anything I should be aware of? Major missables or anything like that in each game?

Main missable thing is the secret endings but you can find the criteria to unlock them online. It differs with each game and usually you need to do more on the lower difficulties.

Can't beat the trick master boss to save my life(wonderland), he is too tall to drop down and once he starts shootong fireballs I can only hit back a few, fires them too quickly.

Top Bottom