• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Can't beat the trick master boss to save my life(wonderland), he is too tall to drop down and once he starts shootong fireballs I can only hit back a few, fires them too quickly.

If you have the blizzard spell you can put out the stove so he doesn't get the fire buff.

You prolly know this but you are supposed to climb the table and then hit him. Also thunder is a good spell to cast from ground, you could load your party with ethers for multiple casts.

gdt

So after beating the Coliseum in KH2 I'm randomly turning into a different Drive tech now. It's a black Sora. Can't find it in my status or my abilities or anything.

Also it fucks me up trying to fight the Absent Silhouette because when I'm in that form I can't turn the pages of his book for whatever reason.

Did I miss something?

JayEH

So after beating the Coliseum in KH2 I'm randomly turning into a different Drive tech now. It's a black Sora. Can't find it in my status or my abilities or anything.

Also it fucks me up trying to fight the Absent Silhouette because when I'm in that form I can't turn the pages of his book for whatever reason.

Did I miss something?

That's anti Form. It happens if you use drive too often.

Zaverious

Did I miss something?

Happens when you use drive forms too much. Use a later form to reset the counter for it before a battle.

gdt

Unlocked the first level of the Hades Tourney in KH2. Allllllllllmost beat Leon and Yuffie at LVL 23, 2 level under. Gonna grind a bit and come back at them. Now that I know what was going on with Drive Mode I'll retry Absent Silhouette tomorrow as well. Enjoying the hell out of this game. Just finished Timeless River.

Fauve

Unlocked the first level of the Hades Tourney in KH2. Allllllllllmost beat Leon and Yuffie at LVL 23, 2 level under. Gonna grind a bit and come back at them. Now that I know what was going on with Drive Mode I'll retry Absent Silhouette tomorrow as well. Enjoying the hell out of this game. Just finished Timeless River.

Just as an FYI: Anti-form can only activate when you're in a fight. So for those times you want to Drive in random encounters, you can transform in between packs of enemies without risk. Also, any fight with Organization Members gives you a 5x chance of activating Anti-form, to further discourage it's use.

NullKaze

To get the second secret ending on Standard, you have to 100% Jiminy's Journal meaning:
Collect every treasure
Completely beat all worlds
Complete synthesis
Complete mini-game challenges
Complete colosseum cups
Beat all superbosses
Man, that just makes me realise that KH2 has the least 'fetch quest'-y sidequests of any RPG I've played.

Considering some of the sidequest/minigames have entire gameplay variations and others using the action combat system in different ways (Mushroom XIII), it's really a good example of sidequests done well, albeit without a 'storyline' behind each quest.

Man, that just makes me realise that KH2 has the least 'fetch quest'-y sidequests of any RPG I've played.

Considering some of the sidequest/minigames have entire gameplay variations and others using the action combat system in different ways (Mushroom XIII), it's really a good example of sidequests done well, albeit without a 'storyline' behind each quest.
KH2 had basically no postgame to speak of before Final Mix, though. It was basically fighting Sephiroth (and only getting to do so once), then doing the Hades Paradox cup (which gives you no prizes beyond a journal entry). And, like, doing assorted awful skateboarding mini games (also just for the journal entry).

Cincaid

So I'm soon done with the first game (what a fantastic game it is!) and am now looking at the playthrough order. According to the OP my next game should be Chain of Memories, but since I'm a trophy junkie I went ahead and looked at a trophy guide for the PS3 version. Apparently there are unlockable cards in Chain of Memories and some of them are only available after watching the 358/2 Days movie. Does anyone know if this is still the case with this port? Judging by the order to play through the games I should not watch that movie until after I have finished Kingdom Hearts 2, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on some trophies while playing through Chain of Memories...

Zomba13

So I'm soon done with the first game (what a fantastic game it is!) and am now looking at the playthrough order. According to the OP my next game should be Chain of Memories, but since I'm a trophy junkie I went ahead and looked at a trophy guide for the PS3 version. Apparently there are unlockable cards in Chain of Memories and some of them are only available after watching the 358/2 Days movie. Does anyone know if this is still the case with this port? Judging by the order to play through the games I should not watch that movie until after I have finished Kingdom Hearts 2, but at the same time I don't want to miss out on some trophies while playing through Chain of Memories...

Yeah, there are cards unlocked by watching 358/2 Days in this version. CoM and 358/2 Days overlap in the timeline, CoM taking place little bit into 358/2. I think you'd be fine to watch it before KH2 because 358 ends right when 2 begins and doesn't really spoil anything from 2 outside of revealing some of the Organisation before you meet them in 2.

It does spoil elements of CoM though. I'd say playing them for the first time you should beat CoM first. You can always go back to CoM with a complete save file and then get the items from the treasure rooms then, the rewards aren't all that useful imo and you can't even access the treasure rooms until a fair bit into CoM anyway meaning you'd have to go back to like 5 or 6 floors anyway.

But yeah, with the gameplay order I'd say once you're done with CoM to watch 358. I don't think it spoils any reveals or anything from KH2 and it gives more depth to Roxas and Axel. Although, thinking back it does actually spoil something regarding a character though I can't remember if it was obvious or not at the time.

(actual KH2 character and end of 358 spoiler)
Is it obvious in 2 that the Ansem you see is really Riku? I feel like it was but can't remember and that might be a decent spoiler and reason to not watch 358 before 2.

Cincaid

Yeah, there are cards unlocked by watching 358/2 Days in this version. CoM and 358/2 Days overlap in the timeline, CoM taking place little bit into 358/2. I think you'd be fine to watch it before KH2 because 358 ends right when 2 begins and doesn't really spoil anything from 2 outside of revealing some of the Organisation before you meet them in 2.

It does spoil elements of CoM though. I'd say playing them for the first time you should beat CoM first. You can always go back to CoM with a complete save file and then get the items from the treasure rooms then, the rewards aren't all that useful imo and you can't even access the treasure rooms until a fair bit into CoM anyway meaning you'd have to go back to like 5 or 6 floors anyway.

But yeah, with the gameplay order I'd say once you're done with CoM to watch 358. I don't think it spoils any reveals or anything from KH2 and it gives more depth to Roxas and Axel. Although, thinking back it does actually spoil something regarding a character though I can't remember if it was obvious or not at the time.

Is it obvious in 2 that the Ansem you see is really Riku? I feel like it was but can't remember and that might be a decent spoiler and reason to not watch 358 before 2.

Awesome, thanks for a great explanation!

Beat all of Re:CoM.

Reverse/Rebirth in a nutshell:

tenor.gif

Berordn

Not that I can recall. You get a couple hints early on that "Ansem" isn't what he appears to be, but there's nothing that really makes you think he's Riku in KH2 until the endgame.

You get vague hints, but nothing indicating
that it's actually Riku

That said, I think even in spite of that spoiler, watching it before II is just fine, since the story flows a lot better that way and makes II's first few hours a lot more palatable for someone playing the series for the first time.

You know.. Namine's drawings are kinda crap.

They are. But she isn't exactly regarded as an artist so I don't think it's all that important. I always felt her drawings were expressions used to help her organize her thoughts
given how many memories she tinkers with.

Razmos

They are. But she isn't exactly regarded as an artist so I don't think it's all that important. I always felt her drawings were expressions used to help her organize her thoughts
given how many memories she tinkers with.
That's true I guess.

Also DiZ is a total nobody racist and kind of an asshole.

I think it would have been a really cool bonus for this collection if there was a sketch in Namine's room of Axel, Roxas and
Xion
such a shame.

If you have the blizzard spell you can put out the stove so he doesn't get the fire buff.

You prolly know this but you are supposed to climb the table and then hit him. Also thunder is a good spell to cast from ground, you could load your party with ethers for multiple casts.
Yeah I forgot I needed all the hints to get blizzard and only presented 3

I've been using the chair on the far right corner, it seems to keep him away from the stove for as long as possible, I'm going to look at some guides

Tensketch

It's great having my girlfriend walk in while I'm playing this game. Every time im in a different world she can't keep up.
I'm currently in Port Royale and she came in and let out an audible WTF.

Yeah I forgot I needed all the hints to get blizzard and only presented 3

I've been using the chair on the far right corner, it seems to keep him away from the stove for as long as possible, I'm going to look at some guides

You can do Deep Jungle before finishing the boss if you want to. You gain levels and cure spell which will make it significantly easier.

Or I guess you could buy Fire resistance accessories from Traverse Town if you don't already have 2.

It's great having my girlfriend walk in while I'm playing this game. Every time im in a different world she can't keep up.
I was half expecting my wife to go "Wtf? Cards?" as I was playing CoM, then I remembered that she actually has the GBA version. She was more amazed that they just straight up remade it in 3D lol.

Vashetti

Banned

I really dislike Port Royal, I love the Pirates movies but the enemies in that world in KH are just frustrating.

Plus it's perpetually night there, it's all just joyless. They didn't capture the spirit of the movies at all.

JayEH

The bad johnny depp impression doesn't help. I like the world forces you to use magic but it doesn't translate to the rest of the game.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Is there any word on the KH2 save crashing bug being fixed? I've never played the KH games and would like to buy this collection, but a bug as serious as the game crashing while saving is a pretty big deterrent.

gdt

Is there any word on the KH2 save crashing bug being fixed? I've never played the KH games and would like to buy this collection, but a bug as serious as the game crashing while saving is a pretty big deterrent.

I keep two running files. 20 hours in. Haven't ran into anything in either game.

LAA

Beat re COM this morning. Really want platinum over with. Spent most of today grinding Soras level. Getting enemy cards now...this is going to be torture. Struggling to get the black fungus card right now and missing most enemy cards...

Burbeting

Banned
Beat re COM this morning. Really want platinum over with. Spent most of today grinding Soras level. Getting enemy cards now...this is going to be torture. Struggling to get the black fungus card right now and missing most enemy cards...

I assume the difficulty trophies stack this time around? Beating the game with all difficulties would have been brutal, so I couldn't bother.

I recently finished a Critical run of KH2 and after seeing the new abilities they added to KHFM, I want to do another playthrough of KH1. I was thinking of going with Proud (or whatever the hardest difficulty is) but is it fun like KH2FM Critical or is it just hard and I should pick Standard instead?

Thanks.

Meowster

Port Royal is always a real bore to me. I honestly don't mind the realistic designs meshing with Sora and company. I can suspend my disbelief for that. It's just such a bizarre tonal contrast with terrible enemies that are impervious to your attacks most of the time and a bland/dark world design that just doesn't fit in the Kingdom Hearts universe for me.

Cincaid

I recently finished a Critical run of KH2 and after seeing the new abilities they added to KHFM, I want to do another playthrough of KH1. I was thinking of going with Proud (or whatever the hardest difficulty is) but is it fun like KH2FM Critical or is it just hard and I should pick Standard instead?

Thanks.

I just finished my 100% run of KH1 on Proud, including the trophy for never using a continue (which is easy, since you can just reload a save instead). It honestly wasn't too difficult and I rarely had to grind levels to not feel overwhelmed. I do believe a 100% run makes it easier, since you go out of your way to find better stuff and at the same time level at a decent pace. The only fights that gave me any trouble were the optional bosses, but even those only took 2-3 tries.

You have to rely doing a lot of fighting solo since both Donald and Goofy have a habit of constantly dying, but I honestly didn't think it was that difficult.

Loke13

Just beat the Ursula fight. And man that was a lot harder than I remember those relentless lighting attacks are just plain annoying. Had to go back grind up a few levels and equip a thunder bracelet. Oh well onto Halloween Town...

Tensketch

So any stat boosting items like AP, defence and strength ups I've been giving straight to Sora in KH2. Is that right? In KH1, it was pointless giving them to the others but I wanna make sure I'm doing this right this time.

Top Bottom