• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

That seems wrong - it should take you back to before the boss like you said. Weird.

I died to that boss several times on the PS2 version when I played it for the first time and it put me back in the 3rd district.

Yeah, I have no idea whats going. I got the plat in this on ps3 when it came out and dont remember this happening. Im playing on Proud if that for some reason changes how the continue option works

That seems wrong - it should take you back to before the boss like you said. Weird.

I died to that boss several times on the PS2 version when I played it for the first time and it put me back in the 3rd district.

Nah, I had the same issue.

It seems that the Continue option doesn't take you to the room right before the boss encounter, but the one before that. So in Traverse, you do have to go through the whole Leon encounter each time

So does Roxas's dive to the heart in the begining technically in TWTNW because I don't know why the game is registering 13 minutes played there when I can't even land there yet.

Unless maybe one of the in engine cut scenes loading there triggers it.

Cutscenes count towards the time limit for the worlds so you've seen 13 minutes of cutscenes that take place in TWTNW.

Nico_D

I just finished 0.2 Birth By Sleep. What do I do now???

But what a ride. These two collections were my first time playing Kingdom Hearts. I was so absorbed, love almost everything about it. Granted, there were some really frustrating moments - mostly with some of the bosses but they were solvable by levelling up and getting better gear and just playing better.

The only thing I dislike about the series is collecting the most obscure materials to buuld dream eaters or keyblades or whatever. I hope they get rid of that in KH3 - or at least make getting them more systematic, bit like in 3D but even more so.

Man I forgot how much of chore COM is, at least Sora's portion the story. Besides a few worlds, nothing important happens outside of Castle Oblivion floors.

It's cool to hear the CO Organization members talk but it doesn't help that the characters look for lack of a better word fuzzy in the cutscenes along with the terrible lip syncing.

The only good thing is that you can breeze through the Disney worlds without much problem and the only real challenge comes from the Organization members and Riku.

I do enjoy Riki's story more simply for the fact that he doesn't have to worry about the deck capacity BS.

All in all I'm just ready to get this over with and move on to KH2.

silva1991

For fuck sake I can't even fight Xemnas. I can't time the reaction commands at the beginning of the battle properly.

Someone on YouTube said they messed up the timing at least on the PS4 version and he is probably right.

Edit: I guess the best solution for it is to use Riku's limit attack.

NullKaze

For fuck sake I can't even fight Xemnas. I can't time the reaction commands at the beginning of the battle properly.

Someone on YouTube said they messed up the timing at least on the PS4 version and he is probably right.

Edit: I guess the best solution for it is to use Riku's limit attack.
Yeah the PS3 and PS4 versions screwed up the RC and it drops almost 1 in 5 times, which is basically insta-death for Lv1 runs.

Session is the safest way of dodging it, though some fast people can combine Reflect and RCs. You're near the end! What did you think of the Lv1 run?

NateDog

But what a ride. These two collections were my first time playing Kingdom Hearts. I was so absorbed, love almost everything about it. Granted, there were some really frustrating moments - mostly with some of the bosses but they were solvable by levelling up and getting better gear and just playing better.

The only thing I dislike about the series is collecting the most obscure materials to buuld dream eaters or keyblades or whatever. I hope they get rid of that in KH3 - or at least make getting them more systematic, bit like in 3D but even more so.

Enjoy the wait! :p

Honestly I don't mind collecting materials personally (although I know if you're playing on the collections it can become quite laborious doing it multiple games in a row, especially if doing it on the PS4 collection with 2 HD collections put together, I was luckier doing it on the PS3 ones that were separated at least). I think it's a better system than in a lot of other games and would rather do that and gain experience and help grind than do fetch quests over and over again (which can take a lot more time too).

Shahadan

Maybe I'm getting old but it seems to me that BBS is extra guilty of bullshit fights. I can't understand how a boss chaining you without any possibility/time to guard or escape until your life bar is depleted can be considered good design.

Alexm92

Thinking of picking this up but just wondering what the situation is with with the f'd up physics? Did it get patched to fix it?

Skittles

Maybe I'm getting old but it seems to me that BBS is extra guilty of bullshit fights. I can't understand how a boss chaining you without any possibility/time to guard or escape until your life bar is depleted can be considered good design.
Bbs had the worst boss design in the series. Bosses can randomly teleport out of your attacks or can just block out of it. Plus there's no reliable way to stagger them.

silva1991

Yeah the PS3 and PS4 versions screwed up the RC and it drops almost 1 in 5 times, which is basically insta-death for Lv1 runs.

Session is the safest way of dodging it, though some fast people can combine Reflect and RCs. You're near the end! What did you think of the Lv1 run?

I loved the run alot and I'm glad it was actually enjoyable and not as stressful as I thought it would be.

Not sure if I'm gonna beat Xemnas tho. He was never fun for me even in normal runs.

Between the the first RC and the annoying RC similar to the Twilight thorn's reversal and getting one shot from alot of his moves I'm just not having fun. He hits harder than Sephiroth even(at least more than Sephiroth's first phase)

I also don't have the patience to go through two armored Xemnas and that dragon everytime I decide to turn my console on to fight him again >.>

LycanXIII

Reverse/Rebirth complete, first time playing Riku's story, never did it back on the GBA. Riku's the true hero of the series.

Now on to 2.

Fj0823

Reverse/Rebirth complete, first time playing Riku's story, never did it back on the GBA. Riku's the true hero of the series.

Now on to 2.

One more joins the church of Riku, The Man of Plot.

If you want, watch 358/2 Days cutscenes. Once again Riku does lots of cool shit and his developments in 2 make more sense

Riku and Aqua are the true protagonists of Kingdom Hearts. Sometimes I feel like Nomura wanted to leave Sora and just focus on these two ahahahaha

One more joins the church of Riku, The Man of Plot.

If you want, watch 358/2 Days cutscenes. Once again Riku does lots of cool shit and his developments in 2 make more sense

I hated KH1 Riku. Dude was an edgy little shit. Reverse/Rebirth changed my opinion on him completely, and I've been firmly on team Riku ever since. Sora is up on the top floors completely buying into whatever the bad guys tell him while putting himself out of commission for an entire year. Meanwhile, Riku is on the bottom floors getting shit done.

LAA

Completed BBS finally yesterday and I believe I've got everyone's commands and abilities unlocked.
Just need to finish off the optional bosses and mirage arena for each character I believe, (which will probably require level grinding as each character is about LVL 40 right now, if anyone has tips for that, that'd be great) and then all the KHs have been platinumed!

Banzai

Bbs had the worst boss design in the series. Bosses can randomly teleport out of your attacks or can just block out of it. Plus there's no reliable way to stagger them.

I just finished my critical Playthrough of BBS and I found that to be true. The strategy for all end game bosses for was basically either spam surge attacks or shotlocks.

I finally unlocked (endgame boss spoiler)
Eraqus's Armor
but he has a bullshit attack that ignores Second Chance and Once More because it chains from combos that reduce me to 1 HP, then grabs me and only does more damage after the SC/OM safety is gone.

KH2FM's bosses are so much more fun and because they challenge me in how I approach a fight and my reaction times. BBS's bosses are mindless spamming of attacks and the dodge moves, which for some reason give unlimited iframes.
At least non-boss fights in BBS can be fun because of the many commands that suddenly aren't useless like in boss fights.

All I can say is I'm glad they are going for something closer to KH2 with KH3.

Turin

Banned

👇

siutl6t.gif

NullKaze

I loved the run alot and I'm glad it was actually enjoyable and not as stressful as I thought it would be.

Not sure if I'm gonna beat Xemnas tho. He was never fun for me even in normal runs.

Between the the first RC and the annoying RC similar to the Twilight thorn's reversal and getting one shot from alot of his moves I'm just not having fun. He hits harder than Sephiroth even(at least more than Sephiroth's first phase)

I also don't have the patience to go through two armored Xemnas and that dragon everytime I decide to turn my console on to fight him again >.>
Aww you must! You're so close to finishing. And then you can try tackling Terra at Lv1 which is always a great experience.

Reflect and keep moving. The thorns are annoying, but you get to the point where you can predict and either dodge, reflect or mash triangle. Limit Form is still a godsend with its Block, Session is always handy and having Ethers on shortcut is a good idea.

The harder part is safely dealing damage (especially with part 1 of lasers). You can skip his DM 'can you spare a heart' by spamming Riku's Limit and Reflect. Unlike original KH2, there's gap in between his first attempt and his following attempts.

Jotakori

Xaldin's data battle is so hard. ;.;
I've tried at least a good 10 times now, watched copious videos on how to do it, and he still just kicks my ass every time. I don't think I've even gotten him below four bars yet. And I'm lvl99 so it's not like I can just go grind more to make it easier ugh
Maybe I need to invest in making a bunch of power ups so I can do more damage more quickly...

But, bluh, I'm over it tonight. I'll give it a couple more shots after some sleep. x_x

I've tried at least a good 10 times now, watched copious videos on how to do it, and he still just kicks my ass every time. I don't think I've even gotten him below four bars yet. And I'm lvl99 so it's not like I can just go grind more to make it easier ugh
Maybe I need to invest in making a bunch of power ups so I can do more damage more quickly...

But, bluh, I'm over it tonight. I'll give it a couple more shots after some sleep. x_x

yeah, grinding for defense/power ups actually makes a significant difference with the data battles. it's reasonably easy, too, except for farming dark crystals for AP/Magic boosts (there are very few air pirates in the game and their drop rate is low enough that even a full complement of Lucky Rings on Sora won't net you one every time)

if you're going for serious completionism, my advice is to max Sora's power/defense via synthesis and get him a full complement of ribbons/shock charm+/shadow archive+/full bloom+ to use as the situation demands, then use the various boosts dropped by data battles to boost Riku's/Donald's/Goofy's stats as you wish

deanote666

FINALLY!!!

Just finished my KH 1.5 run on normal, no continues, default equipment! Kept shield, discarded staff, started at dawn.

Now I can finally equip something and work on the other trophies!

FINALLY!!!

Just finished my KH 1.5 run on normal, no continues, default equipment! Kept shield, discarded staff, started at dawn.

Now I can finally equip something and work on the other trophies!

It's a minor disappointment to me that the dawn/day/night choice wasn't present in any of the other KH games - it's actually a great way to subtly tweak the difficulty on repeat playthroughs, IMO.

It's a minor disappointment to me that the dawn/day/night choice wasn't present in any of the other KH games - it's actually a great way to subtly tweak the difficulty on repeat playthroughs, IMO.

It's not explained at all in KH1, though, so if it ever shows up again, I hope they make it optional, sort of like Critical difficulty.

Generally, players shouldn't be bogged down by choices early in the game that they don't fully understand

It's not explained at all in KH1, though, so if it ever shows up again, I hope they make it optional, sort of like Critical difficulty.

Generally, players shouldn't be bogged down by choices early in the game that they don't fully understand

That much is true (though arguably the sword/shield/staff choice isn't all that well explained in KH1 or KH2 either).

I *did* enjoy the way DDD hearkened back to it in its ending.

Speaking of things I'd like to see make a return from KH1: fighting Phantom and Kurt Zisa again reminded me that it'd be great for every Disney-based world to also feature a postgame-level Heartless superboss.

deanote666

In 1,5, is lucky strike the only thing that can increase the drop rate of items? Not counting enemy specific stuff to increase certain drop rates.

Jotakori

yeah, grinding for defense/power ups actually makes a significant difference with the data battles. it's reasonably easy, too, except for farming dark crystals for AP/Magic boosts (there are very few air pirates in the game and their drop rate is low enough that even a full complement of Lucky Rings on Sora won't net you one every time)

if you're going for serious completionism, my advice is to max Sora's power/defense via synthesis and get him a full complement of ribbons/shock charm+/shadow archive+/full bloom+ to use as the situation demands, then use the various boosts dropped by data battles to boost Riku's/Donald's/Goofy's stats as you wish

Yeah, after your suggestion I went and got myself to the soft-cap for stats and I am definitely hitting harder -- I actually managed to get him down to under three health bars! But I'm so bad at timing the commands for magnega and jumping out of the way for his vertical spear move that I'm still getting wrecked LOL
This one's definitely gonna take me a while to get down right...

Edit: Holy shit I just did it, yaaaassssss!!! /melts into a shaky puddle of accomplishment now

Guardian Soul helps so make sure you are using it

LycanXIII

Just remembered that in KH3 we're getting a Big Hero 6 world that isn't going to be a retelling of the movie. I hope that all future worlds follow this and don't retell the movies.

TheFatMan

Just started this game series a few days ago on my PS4.

I'm enjoying KH1.5 Final Mix, and I'm trying to keep in mind that the game is essentially 15 years old at heart.

But man is the game rough around the edges. The controls are kinda garbage, especially the jumping.

But I think my biggest gripe is the fact that the game just doesn't tell you what to do 75% of the time. Like, oh I was supposed to go all the way back to a previous area to trigger a cut scene but the game literally gives you ZERO hints to do so. I wasted a lot of time running back and forth trying to find shit to do before I just said screw it and pulled up a guide to get through to the next event.

LAA

Finished Terra's reports yesterday, so all optional bosses beat. Went easier than I thought, learnt a bunch of neat tricks I never knew about in the original game too.
Can beat Vanitas sentiment by going behind a rock and just keep using strike raids.
And a good level grind trick, go to the reactor in radiant garden, disable exp walker/treasure magnet if you have them, get to under 25% HP to activate EXP chance ability, then go to the middle to spawn the enemies, dash back, mega flare, use victory pose to get more EXP out of it and repeat.

Think it took about 4/5 loops of that to level up for Terra at least and beat all the bosses at level 60, (then grinded to 70 for No Heart, wasn't dealing so much damage to him and was getting wrecked ha ha).

Just remembered that in KH3 we're getting a Big Hero 6 world that isn't going to be a retelling of the movie. I hope that all future worlds follow this and don't retell the movies.

I would like a mix of both for this really but Yeah would like more of this at least.

Banzai

And a good level grind trick, go to the reactor in radiant garden, disable exp walker/treasure magnet if you have them, get to under 25% HP to activate EXP chance ability, then go to the middle to spawn the enemies, dash back, mega flare, use victory pose to get more EXP out of it and repeat.

I'll try that, thanks. But why unequip EXP walker? Wouldn't it just add a couple of exp points to the routine?

LAA

I'll try that, thanks. But why unequip EXP walker? Wouldn't it just add a couple of exp points to the routine?

Yeah I wondered that too, according a video I looked at, it's because when you use the victory pose to boost EXP earned, if EXP walker is enabled it'll only boost the EXP obtained from that and not from the enemies killed.

Not entirely sure how victory pose works either. Like with Terra I was noticing like 1000 more EXP when using victory pose, but with Ven maybe 300 more EXP.
Maybe it's because the higher the level you are the more EXP you get?

NateDog

I seriously can't wait for this. I didn't actually like BH6 much at all but I think the world will suit KH superbly and there are lots of ways they can go with the world's story (although we do already know the main premise).

Vashetti

Banned

Sora's max stats are somewhere around 150 for each stat.

But the max effective stats for the Data battles, Terra, etc. is 80.

Top Bottom