• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

anyone have any tips for getting Lucid Crystals in KH 1? I read they drop from the shadow ball guys, but ive been farming them in traverse town red room for like 2 hours and havent seen one drop yet. Then I read if you go to hollow bastion and summon bambi in the entrance hall and kill a bunch of enemies, then it will drop. That doesnt seem to work for me either. I can kill fill the bar twice before the summon ends and bambi doesnt drop it. Anyone know anything else I can try?

anyone have any tips for getting Lucid Crystals in KH 1? I read they drop from the shadow ball guys, but ive been farming them in traverse town red room for like 2 hours and havent seen one drop yet. Then I read if you go to hollow bastion and summon bambi in the entrance hall and kill a bunch of enemies, then it will drop. That doesnt seem to work for me either. I can kill fill the bar twice before the summon ends and bambi doesnt drop it. Anyone know anything else I can try?

Bambi is the best way but before you do it you should get as much MP as possible (accessories that give 2 mp and Diamond Dust keyblade pretty much) and make sure all 3 cheer abilities are equipped (even better if you chose the staff at the beginning) more mp you have+every cheer ability will make the summon last longer so it's much easier to get the Bambi meter to fill enough times. Also more MP=better spells that help you clear enemies much faster with the exception of Wizards who are immune to spells.

I farmed them at the room where you fight
Riku-Ansem
and get the Oblivion keyblade.

I made a video example how I do it and I got 2X Lucid Crystals on first try lol. Of course not always that lucky.

spunodi

Finally beat Riku 2 in Re:Com and up to Twilight Town. I have since learned the power of 0 numbered cards and ordering decks properly and am now powering through it. Gotta leave it for a while because of work but I am very much looking forward to getting this one out the way. Riku's playthrough is more fun, right?

deanote666

Work on other stuff while farming them. They're on almost every world so there's no need to grind for them. By the time you're done farming other materials, some should have dropped by then.

I read somewhere too that the RNG is set every time you load the game up. If you aren't getting any, close the game and reopen it.

Andrefpvs

Finally beat Riku 2 in Re:Com and up to Twilight Town. I have since learned the power of 0 numbered cards and ordering decks properly and am now powering through it. Gotta leave it for a while because of work but I am very much looking forward to getting this one out the way. Riku's playthrough is more fun, right?

Riku is a much faster playthrough, since the decks are made for you, you can destroy pretty much all enemies if you activate Dark Mode, and there is less Disney filler so getting to the next story section in-between floors is quicker.

Ugh, data Xemnas and Xaldin were annoying, but I beat them. Data Organization is done, Lingering Will is done and the Mushrooms are done. Only things left for plat is to suffer through the Coliseum, grind synth materials, and Gummi EX missions.

All the tedious shit, basically.

I learnt that reflecting was what was killing me in that battle, since actually attacking forces him to go into the walls and you have a chance to clear up the fire.

I actually ended up leaving the fire floor there for the entire fight. I would reflect his fire wheel thing, then shoot him in the face three times with blizzard. Then he would fire wheel again and I just kept repeating this until my MP got low. Then I would cure and ether, reflect his fire wheel and start again. I was jumping and gliding to avoid his DM, but it would probably be better if I just guarded it. Then I just kept repeating the reflect/blizzard combo, until he got down to his last bat, and then I shoved him into the wall, used the RC, and killed him.

I managed to kill Data Laxene on my first try, and I have no idea how the fuck that happened

Just beat Sora's story in Re:COM. Don't see myself playing this again anytime soon. Give me KH1 over that any day.

I will say that Marluxia's final forms are much easier compared to his first form and some other earlier boss battles such as Larxene.

Now I can breeze through Riki's story since I don't have to worry about deck building or deck capacity, along with instant reload.

Ready to move on to KH2 after that.

Ok, screw the KH2 plat for now. Getting 15,000 points at Hades paradox without dying is too aggravating.

Gonna go play 358/2 and then see the movie version.

cheesekao

I've been meaning to buy this for a while now but I have some questions. How well/bad has KH1 and COM aged compared to KH2 and BBS?

TheFatMan

I just cannot with this game. I know KH1 is beloved by many fans but this game is just terrible. The controls are bad, the camera is bad, the fights are boring. I just got to the Ursula fight in Atlantica and the shit camera control, the shit swimming control and the fight mechanic which makes no sense at all (Cauldron glows colors but apparently that means nothing?) are just to much for me. Every single time I boot this game up I cringe at the fact I'm going to have to play it some more.

I tried to like this game but it look like I just wasted 50 bucks.

I just cannot with this game. I know KH1 is beloved by many fans but this game is just terrible. The controls are bad, the camera is bad, the fights are boring. I just got to the Ursula fight in Atlantica and the shit camera control, the shit swimming control and the fight mechanic which makes no sense at all (Cauldron glows colors but apparently that means nothing?) are just to much for me. Every single time I boot this game up I cringe at the fact I'm going to have to play it some more.

Skip it and play the two games worth it Xp(Ima get so much hate)
Kh2 and bbs

silva1991

Watch a summary for the story and then play KH2.

Then play until you get the first form+few cool abilities and that's when the GOAT combat just begins.

Play it at least on proud.

Chain of memories is such a slog to play through

It is. I will always recommend watching it through youtube.

I've been meaning to buy this for a while now but I have some questions. How well/bad has KH1 and COM aged compared to KH2 and BBS?

Not so well compared to KH2, but it's still fun.

KH2 was WAAAAY ahead of it's time and it shows.

Man, Chain of Memories Platinum is the worst.I've finished with the Riku trophies and now I'm trying to do the key to rewards rooms with Sora, but I'm having a really hard time because every one of these rooms needs a lot of map room cards and I seriously lack the green ones, so I'm using the roulette card to farm some green cards but it seems that the game sometimes chooses to give me only red and blue ones.Why is that?
Is it completely random or do I have control over this?If all of these are completely random then I'm seriously thinking of skipping the plat on this one :/.

Gonna skip Chain of Memories since I beat it back in 2005. Used to hide my GBA inside my bookbag and play during 8th period English class my freshman year of high school, haha! Good memories..

Skittles

Man, Chain of Memories Platinum is the worst.I've finished with the Riku trophies and now I'm trying to do the key to rewards rooms with Sora, but I'm having a really hard time because every one of these rooms needs a lot of map room cards and I seriously lack the green ones, so I'm using the roulette card to farm some green cards but it seems that the game sometimes chooses to give me only red and blue ones.Why is that?
Is it completely random or do I have control over this?If all of these are completely random then I'm seriously thinking of skipping the plat on this one :/.
Certain floors dont dropp certain colors. Destiny islands doesnt drop green.

The only slog part of CoM is the platinum. You'd have to actively reject the battle system for the main story to be a slog

Certain floors dont dropp certain colors. Destiny islands doesnt drop green.

The only slog part of CoM is the platinum. You'd have to actively reject the battle system for the main story to be a slog

Thanks, i noticed that Twilight Town is a good place to farm the green ones.
I made some progress yesterday and i opened the room of rewards to every world except of the first three.Now the platinum is rolling a little bit smoother although people were not shiting when they said that the drop rate of enemy cards is really low.

So, I was hearing that this port was buggier than the PS3 versions. How true is that? I'm considering getting this but I already own the PS3 versions and I'm not sure if this'll be worth it if there are issues that didn't exist previously.

So, I was hearing that this port was buggier than the PS3 versions. How true is that? I'm considering getting this but I already own the PS3 versions and I'm not sure if this'll be worth it if there are issues that didn't exist previously.
I have had zero issues and I got the plat trophy for 1 and 2.

kind of a complicated question, but I read that in order to platinum CoM, you need to watch all of 358/2 first. Is that still the case with the ps4 version? I really wanted to play them in release order, ive never played CoM before or 358. Am I able to play through sora on proud, and then riku on proud. And then watch 358 and unlock what I need in CoM? Or do the unlocks from 358 only show up when starting a new game in CoM?

NullKaze

It's arguably less buggy with the most recent patch fixing the most glaring 60fps issue.

Unfortunately, there is a save bug going around so save often, especially if you're planning on grinding drive forms or CoR or whatever.

The good thing is the load times are almost non-existent.

Zomba13

I've had no issues with it on any game. It even fixes some stuff from the PS3 version (so I hear, I never played it) like drive forms actually activating instantly in KH2 instead of a slight load in the PS3 version.

There is a save bug on KH2 where it can crash when you save but it didn't happen to me in my 40+ hours of playing and I saved at every save point I came across so I dunno. There is also apparently some physics and other bugs relating to the 60fps that cause some slight changes but shouldn't really be a big deal unless you are a hard core KH2 speed runner or one of those people that knows the ins and outs of every single fight and the properties of all the attacks and animations.

kind of a complicated question, but I read that in order to platinum CoM, you need to watch all of 358/2 first. Is that still the case with the ps4 version? I really wanted to play them in release order, ive never played CoM before or 358. Am I able to play through sora on proud, and then riku on proud. And then watch 358 and unlock what I need in CoM? Or do the unlocks from 358 only show up when starting a new game in CoM?

There are cards in treasure rooms that unlock once you've watched 358/2. I don't know if they are needed for the plat or not (I assume they are). I think you could just re-load a save and go back to the floors and get them (you would need to grind the treasure room cards again though I think).

jjonez18

I've had no issues with it on any game. It even fixes some stuff from the PS3 version (so I hear, I never played it) like drive forms actually activating instantly in KH2 instead of a slight load in the PS3 version.

There is a save bug on KH2 where it can crash when you save but it didn't happen to me in my 40+ hours of playing and I saved at every save point I came across so I dunno. There is also apparently some physics and other bugs relating to the 60fps that cause some slight changes but shouldn't really be a big deal unless you are a hard core KH2 speed runner or one of those people that knows the ins and outs of every single fight and the properties of all the attacks and animations.

That's good to hear. Will pick it up after I finish 2.8.

Am I able to play through sora on proud, and then riku on proud. And then watch 358 and unlock what I need in CoM?

That's exactly what I did and it worked fine

The extra cards are needed for the trophy and they appear inside the room of rewards in each world.Keep in mind that there will be no notification that you unlocked anything when you finish 358/2 days.Also when you do finish it remember to go to extras and cycle through all of the pages of the diary and the character section.

Acid08

Banned
Hey y'all! Finally going to pick this up and had a couple questions about it.

1. Is the OP info still accurate as far as technical issues go? Like does KH2 still have save issues?

2. If I end up liking all of these(I only played KH1/2 back in the day and barely remember them) is the 3DS game good/worth playing? I noticed it's one of the only games not included in any form on here.

Vibed

Wait, the game is only supposed to crash in KH2? Cause it crashed on me a handful of times when I opened a chest with Dalmatians inside in KH1.

LycanXIII

Hey y'all! Finally going to pick this up and had a couple questions about it.

1. Is the OP info still accurate as far as technical issues go? Like does KH2 still have save issues?

2. If I end up liking all of these(I only played KH1/2 back in the day and barely remember them) is the 3DS game good/worth playing? I noticed it's one of the only games not included in any form on here.

The save issue still exists, but is rare from what I understand, hasn't happened to me.

The 3DS game is included in 2.8 if you end up enjoying the others.

If I end up liking all of these(I only played KH1/2 back in the day and barely remember them) is the 3DS game good/worth playing? I noticed it's one of the only games not included in any form on here.

I enjoyed the 3DS game a lot. Really liked the world selection, unique map design, and especially the soundtrack, plus the batshit insane story and IMO one of the nicest selections of mandatory endgame bosses in the series (on par with Birth by Sleep, which I'm sure many people will say is their favorite in this department).

It's available on PS4 through the II.8 collection.

silva1991

I gave up on Lingering will and couldn't beat him at level 1. God bless that sweet level 85 and Second chance and once more lol.

I still have one save file at level 1 if I ever decide to fight him again at that level.

Also after fighting 3 data bosses, I'm not sure how can I beat them at level 1 without losing my mind.

No issues whatsoever so far. Its worth it, especially for the 60fps combat and gummy sections..

Acid08

Banned
The save issue still exists, but is rare from what I understand, hasn't happened to me.

The 3DS game is included in 2.8 if you end up enjoying the others.

I enjoyed the 3DS game a lot. Really liked the world selection, unique map design, and especially the soundtrack, plus the batshit insane story and IMO one of the nicest selections of mandatory endgame bosses in the series (on par with Birth by Sleep, which I'm sure many people will say is their favorite in this department).

It's available on PS4 through the II.8 collection.

Oh, I had no idea 2.8 had the 3DS game! I thought it was just the new small game and some cutscene compilations. Thanks, nice to be able to own pretty much the whole franchise on PS4.

Really looking forward to diving into the franchise again. KH1 probably has some....age related quirks to it but I'm sure it's still enjoyable.

I used the negative combo strategy to beat Lingering Will and I feel like I cheated. I'm probably going to go back and beat him the right way just to feel like I actually beat the dude

I used the negative combo strategy to beat Lingering Will and I feel like I cheated. I'm probably going to go back and beat him the right way just to feel like I actually beat the dude
yeah, that and the berserk charge/comet technique basically deny you 99% of the value of that fight

a full set of full bloom+ and the ultima weapon and running away with Glide gives you tons of margin for error (like a mere 14 seconds between curagas and loads of MP for Reflectga) for learning how to deal with his moveset - don't be afraid to flee for a little while in order to keep the fight going, you don't have to be in full close-quarters aggro close encounter mode the full time to consider it a 'legit' defeat.

also, along those lines, either give Donald his MP Hastega weapon or his weapon that auto-revives him (equipping the learned ability and the weapon with the ability will further lower his revival time and bring him back at full HP); either of these means more curing and that means more margin of error to experiment and learn. Goofy's mostly gonna be irrelevant in the fight except as an extra target (RIP MP Gift), so also give him whatever setup will keep him alive as often as possible but otherwise don't worry about him much

Finally completed my full run of KH1 sword/shield on proud, and then started a beginner run to get the plat.

After about 3 hours, cleared Agrabah. Thought I was going too quickly, and was going to hit a damage output ceiling, when I noticed the game gives you a shwak of damage and defense boost items :V

Ok, screw the KH2 plat for now. Getting 15,000 points at Hades paradox without dying is too aggravating.

Gonna go play 358/2 and then see the movie version.
Man I remember trying to 100% Jiminy's Journal on PS2 KH2, I think the Hades Cup was the only thing I just couldn't be fucked with.

Been trying to plat every game though so I better buck up this time.

Re:CoM is suuuuuuch a drag. Like halfway through Reverse/Rebirth. I think it's because the Disney worlds just have nothing going for them.

DrkSage

Beat kh1 around a week ago and decided to start playing the game chronologically starting with birth by sleep, and I'm hating the gameplay right now, feels so wrong

after all these years I think I finally have the hang of chain of memories. Tried to play the original release for 5 seconds and hated it, tried to play it on ps2 and hated it. Now I really put effort into it and I think I got it. I mean, the game is still complete shit imo, but at least I feel like I have a grasp on the combat. Although I am not sure why so many tips and guides say you should not just fill your deck with high value cards. Thats exactly what I am doing and destroying everything on proud. I am up to monstro going in order. Havent died once doing this on proud mode

Abdiel

Just re-beat Birth By Sleep... Ah, man, the feels. So damn tragic, this game. Not going to get the platinum, unfortunately, because I don't like playing on the higher difficulties and bashing my head against the wall... but I've gotten a high percentage of the trophies regardless just with my enjoyment of completing the game stuff. Then on to KH2!

silva1991

I'm so close to beating data Xemnas and he is about to use his garbage ultimate QTE attack.

I'm pausing, because I'm not ready mentally and physically for it :p

Top Bottom