• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

MAtgS

How difficult is it getting the KH2 platinum?
I'm guessing critical mode is the most difficult part of it?
Nah, main story on Crtical isn't all *that* hard and theorically the side quests can be done on a separate Standard save file. But the new bosses even on Standard will be harder than anything required on Critical.

Can't beat End of Chaos or whatever the last boss in Kingdom Hearts is called. I can't even get past his first stage because of those stupid continuous lasers you cannot avoid. I guess you're supposed to cast aero and wail on Ansem but I run out of MP and have no elixirs thanks to the last bs fight. I have no idea how this is supposed to be for kids, the difficulty spikes way too high after Atlantis.

Nah, main story on Crtical isn't all *that* hard and theorically the side quests can be done on a separate Standard save file. But the new bosses even on Standard will be harder than anything required on Critical.

You mean the Final Mix bosses?
I beat all the optional bosses in the original PS2 version.

Shahadan

Ventus part of the story done! I want to add that whomever was in charge of the camera for this game can suck a bag of dicks.

Now to do Aqua. I quit at that part last time. At least it'll be new

Man I forgot how much of chore COM is, at least Sora's portion the story. Besides a few worlds, nothing important happens outside of Castle Oblivion floors.

It's cool to hear the CO Organization members talk but it doesn't help that the characters look for lack of a better word fuzzy in the cutscenes along with the terrible lip syncing.

The only good thing is that you can breeze through the Disney worlds without much problem and the only real challenge comes from the Organization members and Riku.

I do enjoy Riki's story more simply for the fact that he doesn't have to worry about the deck capacity BS.

All in all I'm just ready to get this over with and move on to KH2.

I couldn't even bring myself to finish COM. I played sora's story and sonic blade everything in sight to finish as quickly as possible. The entire time playing it I was thinking to myself how much I loathe COM. A total chore to play. I played riku's story for maybe 15 mins and quit out to jump into KH2 and I'm having a way better time playing critical mode for the first time.

I finally got around to playing the Lion King level last night in KH2FM, and holy shit the animation is terrible. I 100% don't remember it being that bad. PLUS why does Lion Sora move like a go-kart?

deanote666

You mean the Final Mix bosses?
I beat all the optional bosses in the original PS2 version.

Can't beat End of Chaos or whatever the last boss in Kingdom Hearts is called. I can't even get past his first stage because of those stupid continuous lasers you cannot avoid. I guess you're supposed to cast aero and wail on Ansem but I run out of MP and have no elixirs thanks to the last bs fight. I have no idea how this is supposed to be for kids, the difficulty spikes way too high after Atlantis.

They're referring to the end game bosses, not the optional ones.

I 100% agree the end game bosses are BS in that there are a lot of unavoidable attacks. With the lasers, you just have to wait for them to stop. You may get 1-2 combos in before they start up again. Keep ascending or descending as you dodge the lasers. It only gets worse after the 2nd dark room.

The dark room enemies have a chance of dropping healing items too so hold out until then. Make sure Goofy can give you MP. Don't even try to attack unless he's still alive to give you MP.

I recently beat it on normal difficulty with default equipment.

Make sure you have at least half of your elixirs left after the 2nd Ansem fight.

Do not SUBMIT! (lol).

Beat KH2! Now to fight Lingering Will!

Noticed something odd during the credits. During the Disney song credits, 'Whoop-de-Dooper Bounce' From The Tigger Movie is listed but I've never heard it before in the game. I guess it was cut content?

Jotakori

I'm so close to that kh2 secret ending, I've managed to beat everything besides Lingering Will now but /my god/. I can't even figure out how to cheese my way to victory properly through that battle LMAO
RIP me

Wow, that last hallway is cavern of remembrance is a series high for me. Probably the first enemy encounter in the series to shut me down like that.

Came back with Ultima and save the king/queen and accidently summoned chicken little for the first time ever at the start of the fight.

Turns out that completely breaks the fight and I breezed through it.

deanote666

Is there any way to increase the encounter rate for the FM enemies in 1.5? I can enter and leave an area 30+ times between encounters. I have the encounter plus ability equipped.

Any tips for getting serenity stones?

Meowster

I'm so close to that kh2 secret ending, I've managed to beat everything besides Lingering Will now but /my god/. I can't even figure out how to cheese my way to victory properly through that battle LMAO
RIP me
I had to cheat my way through that one. I don't remember everything exactly but I think you unequip anything that boosts combos, equip negative combo and Fenrir, and then pray you'll find an opening and jump/attack over and over. He can't break out of it.

Jotakori

I had to cheat my way through that one. I don't remember everything exactly but I think you unequip anything that boosts combos, equip negative combo and Fenrir, and then pray you'll find an opening and jump/attack over and over. He can't break out of it.

Yep, that's right and exactly the method I'm trying. But I apparently suck at getting the jump/attack loop right for whatever reason so I keep getting whooped. I've only tried about five times, though, so I'm sure I'll get it eventually (hopefully).

The recast of the VAs for the Hallow Bastion gang are so bad in KH2.
The only one I hate is Aerith.

Leon sounds bad in the flashbacks but I don't mind him in the present day.

Yuffie sounds fine, didn't even notice the switch when I first played it. Lance Bass as Sephiroth doesn't even register.

Meowster

Yep, that's right and exactly the method I'm trying. But I apparently suck at getting the jump/attack loop right for whatever reason so I keep getting whooped. I've only tried about five times, though, so I'm sure I'll get it eventually (hopefully).
It took me a couple of times to get it right - maybe six or seven tries before I finally nabbed him. Don't give up because once you grab him it is really hard for him to rebalance himself. Just learn some of his attacks and wait for that right opportunity.

LycanXIII

The only one I hate is Aerith.

Leon sounds bad in the flashbacks but I don't mind him in the present day.

Yuffie sounds fine, didn't even notice the switch when I first played it. Lance Bass as Sephiroth doesn't even register.

Yeah, Yuffie and Cid are fine, it's mainly Aerith and Leon that bother me, haven't ran in to Cloud/Seph/Tifa yet to remember what they sound like.

Banzai

Is there any way to increase the encounter rate for the FM enemies in 1.5? I can enter and leave an area 30+ times between encounters. I have the encounter plus ability equipped.

I could be wrong, but I think the special Heartless are unaffected by Encounter Plus. You still need to move away 2 areas after killing them. Then you can enter and leave over and over until they spawn.

Footos22

If you have encountered plus then no. Just leave area and go back in

If you know how to get serenity stones. Use Bambi then Just use stop and then button mash attack with aeroga equipped. 60-70 hits you can usually get in. 0-3 stones per giant mushroom. I only had to kill 4.

They're referring to the end game bosses, not the optional ones.

I 100% agree the end game bosses are BS in that there are a lot of unavoidable attacks. With the lasers, you just have to wait for them to stop. You may get 1-2 combos in before they start up again. Keep ascending or descending as you dodge the lasers. It only gets worse after the 2nd dark room.

The dark room enemies have a chance of dropping healing items too so hold out until then. Make sure Goofy can give you MP. Don't even try to attack unless he's still alive to give you MP.

I recently beat it on normal difficulty with default equipment.

Make sure you have at least half of your elixirs left after the 2nd Ansem fight.

Do not SUBMIT! (lol).

I'll try some more today but it's really frustrating. I already spent 3-4 hours grinding levels just to beat Riku because the difficulty spikes so suddenly. I may just YouTube the ending and call it a day because I don't feel like being frustrated for weeks over a poorly designed boss fight. It hurts my pride but I've reached my breaking point.

Shahadan

Aqua's final boss is pissing me off. Fucking dumb shit. How can this pass the planning stages.

Edit: done, cheesed it and magic hour'd his ass because screw it

I'll try some more today but it's really frustrating. I already spent 3-4 hours grinding levels just to beat Riku because the difficulty spikes so suddenly. I may just YouTube the ending and call it a day because I don't feel like being frustrated for weeks over a poorly designed boss fight. It hurts my pride but I've reached my breaking point.

honestly, the final boss sequence didn't necessarily feel more *difficult* on a default equipment run than on a completionist proud run, but it felt like much more of a slog - the Keyblade length/crit/deflect stats genuinely matter a LOT in KH1.

jennetics

Completed Vens reports yesterday, last to go is Aqua and then all the KHs have been platinumed! :D

And here I am having issues with the Trickmaster in Alice's Wonderland in KH1 ಠ_ಠ

Anyways, that's pretty awesome news for you! Congrats, homie!

Can't get past the last boss in KH1 so I just reloaded the save and am going to level up to 80 or 85 max. I'm currently at 74 and playing on normal.

Keyblade is divine rose; I think I'm at 50 strength and 36 defense right now.

Footos22

Can't get past the last boss in KH1 so I just reloaded the save and am going to level up to 80 or 85 max. I'm currently at 74 and playing on normal.

Keyblade is divine rose; I think I'm at 50 strength and 36 defense right now.

What skills do you have because you should be destroying him at that level

You have got aeroga right. As that just destroys everything.

He was a piece of piss on proud mode at level 50.

silva1991

Jesus that third underworld tournament is insane at level 1.

Summons make it easy for the most part until that part with two big fire lanterns and two samurais.

Fire lanterns attacks drain all of the hit points fast and reflect doesn't seems to help.

Highway

Banned
You fight Lingering Will on KH2 Final Mix and he fucks you up

And then you play Birth By Sleep and he is a slow piece of shit

LAA

And here I am having issues with the Trickmaster in Alice's Wonderland in KH1 ಠ_ಠ

Anyways, that's pretty awesome news for you! Congrats, homie!

And yesterday I did platinum it, thus all KH's are now platinumed! :D
Weirdly I missed an unversed enemy for Aqua, weird I missed one.

KH1 can be tough if you don't get abilities like Second chance earlier, I usually chose sword, but I learnt shield gets you that ability much earlier, so go for that now.

I may have overdone it with my initial levelling up of Terra and Aqua for their critical playthroughs. I spent just under 2 hours getting Aqua to level 11 in Castle of Dreams, before I even went in to do the Jaq mission lol.

I don't have aeroga I have the first form of it
Get the yellow trinity from Olympus, then head over to Neverland and open the Yellow Trinity door there. Inside is a chest with Aerora. Aeroga is a reward for getting all 99 Dalmations.

I just finished Re:Chain of Memories for the first time with both Sora dn Riku on proud.Finally I think I grasped the mechanics of the game which gave me a hard time undestanding them before.

Now I will try to platinum it, although it seems that it needs a lot more grind copared to KH1 and KH2 platinums.
For Riku there is only the master level trophy left and I can't find a good method to quickly level up.Most people on the net just say to keep defeating enemies at Castle Oblivion in the end and use the Laexaus card.
I guess I have to spend at least 5 hours on this and there is no other method right?

Skittles

I just finished Re:Chain of Memories for the first time with both Sora dn Riku on proud.Finally I think I grasped the mechanics of the game which gave me a hard time undestanding them before.

Now I will try to platinum it, although it seems that it needs a lot more grind copared to KH1 and KH2 platinums.
For Riku there is only the master level trophy left and I can't find a good method to quickly level up.Most people on the net just say to keep defeating enemies at Castle Oblivion in the end and use the Laexaus card.
I guess I have to spend at least 5 hours on this and there is no other method right?
Kh com is a huge grind to plat compared to all the other in the series, be prepared. And no, that's as fast as riku can level since there's no sleight spam. Mute the game and put on podcasts

silva1991

I don't understand why are assassin nobodies are still sometimes invincible even when above the ground.

Like even after I parry them(or when I use RC to knock them out) they are still immune to my attacks completely.

One of the PS4 version bugs maybe?

silva1991

Mansex is down

Time to get KOed by this guy for weeks at level 1.....

latest

NateDog

Ok, these Data battles are infuriating. I've only managed to take down Demyx so far.

I found Demyx really annoying at times, probably because I didn't go with a good strategy though. He was one of the last ones I beat. I found if I got stuck on one for too long I was best off moving onto a different one for a change, sometimes it helps since you can get into a rut on certain fights.

NullKaze

What's the easiest Mushroom XIII to get Goofy's best shield from?
Halloween Town.

If you have Final Form, just hover-glide above the ground while facing the Mushroom. Your Keyblades automatically block all projectiles except the ones that circle behind you which you should Reflect.

You have a lot of time to see the ones that circle behind you and hover-gliding stops you being surprised by the sucker punch shots.

Ok, these Data battles are infuriating. I've only managed to take down Demyx so far.

I just started them up. I managed to beat Xaldin, Xigbar, Vexen, and Luxord so far. I was level 86 on standard when I beat those 4, but I decided to do some leveling and I'm at 92 now. Axel is giving me grief right now. The arena is way too fucking small, which is made even worse by the walls being death.

I just started them up. I managed to beat Xaldin, Xigbar, Vexen, and Luxord so far. I was level 86 on standard when I beat those 4, but I decided to do some leveling and I'm at 92 now. Axel is giving me grief right now. The arena is way too fucking small, which is made even worse by the walls being death.
I learnt that reflecting was what was killing me in that battle, since actually attacking forces him to go into the walls and you have a chance to clear up the fire.

Zimmy64

Just figured out you can totally cheese Absent Silhouette Marluxia with Peter Pan and berserk in KH2 FM. He gets stuck in a loop and can't do anything. I cast Cure to get into berserk until MP restores then I cast cure again even though I had full HP just to get back into berserk and continued from there.

Man, Chain of Memories becomes far less of a slog once you get Mega Flare. The grinding in this game is ridiculous and just doing Mega Flare at the beginning of each battle takes care of like 90% of it.

Top Bottom