• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

I'm so close to beating data Xemnas and he is about to use his garbage ultimate QTE attack.

I'm pausing, because I'm not ready mentally and physically for it :p

i mean if you managed to bypass/beat the 'can you spare a heart' shit you've basically won and will be just fine at mashing X and triangle for 60 seconds, heh

I just finished the journal in KH 2. I'm debating if I want to try to do these gummi missions or just move on to BBS

EDIT: Just figured out you need to S rank the ex missions to unlock the secret movie on standard. Gummi missions are going to be a hard pass for me.

ughh

started re:com yesterday and the gameplay is so so bad, just been watching a cutscene compilation on youtube instead

such a messy asset flip of a remake tbh

should've just been cutscenes

Finally I platinumed CoM yesterday.I was really anxious when I started this, because at first I really didn't like the gameplay but after watching some guides on youtube and some practice I learned to use the mechanics well enough and at the end the grinding part wasn't even so bad, especially fro the enemy cards.The only bad trophies imo were the ones that you had to edit the deck 500 times the 300 rooms to create and of course the level 99 ones, especially for Riku which was really slow.

Now the only platinum left is for BBS but after so many hours of playing KH I will suspend it for a few months and try something else for now.

Finally I platinumed CoM yesterday.I was really anxious when I started this, because at first I really didn't like the gameplay but after watching some guides on youtube and some practice I learned to use the mechanics well enough and at the end the grinding part wasn't even so bad, especially fro the enemy cards.The only bad trophies imo were the ones that you had to edit the deck 500 times the 300 rooms to create and of course the level 99 ones, especially for Riku which was really slow.

Now the only platinum left is for BBS but after so many hours of playing KH I will suspend it for a few months and try something else for now.

im jelly. Wish I was done with this game. The enemy cards seem to be really bad for me with dropping. Im going through every room and killing every enemy my first time through. Im up to neverland with sora. Ive gotten maybe 2 enemy cards so far(besides bosses). Im really not finding it difficult at all on proud. But I really just want it to be over with.

spunodi

Finally beat Re:CoM with Sora!

Started Riku's playthrough and finally started enjoying the game, right up until I met
fucking Riku!

I'll return to it another time. Lack of healing really alters strategy. Can't wait to get to the better games of the franchise. (I'm doing them all in order - including 2.8)

Finally beat Re:CoM with Sora!

Started Riku's playthrough and finally started enjoying the game, right up until I met
fucking Riku!

I'll return to it another time. Lack of healing really alters strategy. Can't wait to get to the better games of the franchise. (I'm doing them all in order - including 2.8)

Keep in mind that for all of Riku's Castle Oblivion (aka non-Disney) bosses, you've got a special deck that's a lot better than the ones you get for the Disney worlds (and breaking enemy cards with the many 0 cards Riku's best deck has is slightly more likely to trigger the drop of a Mickey card).

But also, Riku gets access to every single enemy card he's unlocked so far, and if you need it, Oogie Boogie's card gives you a decent amount of healing. Other cards will do excellent stuff for you in terms of preventing the enemy from taking turns.

spunodi

Keep in mind that for all of Riku's Castle Oblivion (aka non-Disney) bosses, you've got a special deck that's a lot better than the ones you get for the Disney worlds (and breaking enemy cards with the many 0 cards Riku's best deck has is slightly more likely to trigger the drop of a Mickey card).

But also, Riku gets access to every single enemy card he's unlocked so far, and if you need it, Oogie Boogie's card gives you a decent amount of healing. Other cards will do excellent stuff for you in terms of preventing the enemy from taking turns.

Thanks - the Oogie Boogie card was invaluable towards the end of the Sora playthrough and I can see it being a saviour in this one but I'm just before the next set of world cards and so no Oogie Boogie yet. My tactics for this boss will probably be to brute force it with Jafar / Inverse Mickey Shooting thingy and breaking what cards I can. Where I can set up a Duel it takes off a great bit of health.

Thanks - the Oogie Boogie card was invaluable towards the end of the Sora playthrough and I can see it being a saviour in this one but I'm just before the next set of world cards and so no Oogie Boogie yet. My tactics for this boss will probably be to brute force it with Jafar / Inverse Mickey Shooting thingy and breaking what cards I can. Where I can set up a Duel it takes off a great bit of health.
Dueling basically demolishes any boss fight in the entire game. It's pretty broken.

LycanXIII

At the point in KH2 where Cloud and Sephiroth meet, and it reminded me of this theory that I had when I was a kid that Cloud was a Nobody and Sephiroth was his Heartless.

Skittles

In kh com it took me 9 hours to grind from lvl 48 to lvl 99 as riku. Damn what a grind for a platinum, 54 hours total. Wouldn't be so bad if there was some kind of end game content, there's literally nothing after you beat the game. Game could have used a final mix version with more content and balance. Multiple things could use balancing like sleights, the basis is there for a pretty fun game. I still enjoyed what i played though. Onto kh2!

In kh com it took me 9 hours to grind from lvl 48 to lvl 99 as riku. Damn what a grind for a platinum, 54 hours total. Wouldn't be so bad if there was some kind of end game content, there's literally nothing after you beat the game. Game could have used a final mix version with more content and balance. Multiple things could use balancing like sleights, the basis is there for a pretty fun game. I still enjoyed what i played though. Onto kh2!

Re:Com basically is the final mix version (the original was GBA) neither game is good, should have turned them the cut scenes into a movie like the DS games, could have been better served and not such a god awful KH game and awful card game.

GLAMr

I'm so glad I'm not the only person not enjoying CoM. I really wish they had just made it a straight up card game rather than a clunky card/action hybrid.

LycanXIII

They could make a modern CoM where you can level up the cards like most card based games allow now. Would have made it so much easier.

ColdPizza

Banned
Just started playing these games for the first time today. The camera controls are a little jarring and loose. Will take some getting used to.

I'm trying to decide between Normal and Critical on kh2. I'm not doing crit lv1, sorry, I don't have time for that 😂

Is critical really that bad? I remember Normal being kind of cakewalk but apparently proud is actually harder than critical.

I'm trying to decide between Normal and Critical on kh2. I'm not doing crit lv1, sorry, I don't have time for that 😂

Is critical really that bad? I remember Normal being kind of cakewalk but apparently proud is actually harder than critical.

Normal is super easy, Critical isn't THAT bad but there are a few bosses that can be a challenge.

If you've played KH2 before, then I recommend Critical 100%. KH2 on Critical is the most fun I've ever had playing an action game.

Fuck me, I've just fought Vanitas Remnant, Unknown, and Armour of Eraqus with Terra tonight and I feel so drained. They put up a good fight though.

Edit: And No Heart is down which means Terra is 100% complete :). Can't believe I did all of the Ice Cream Beat and Fruit Ball minigames, got the commands, and beat the super bosses all in one evening :O

If you've played KH2 before, then I recommend Critical 100%. KH2 on Critical is the most fun I've ever had playing an action game.

Normal is super easy, Critical isn't THAT bad but there are a few bosses that can be a challenge.
Thanks. I'm still so torn 😂 Last time I played this game was 2008. I did a critical run of all three BBS characters a couple years ago, but that was pretty easy since for Aqua + Ven you can spam roll. I just don't want to get 20h into the game and hit a total wall.

Thanks. I'm still so torn 😂 Last time I played this game was 2008. I did a critical run of all three BBS characters a couple years ago, but that was pretty easy since for Aqua + Ven you can spam roll. I just don't want to get 20h into the game and hit a total wall.

Critical is pretty fun because they give you a bunch of abilities and AP right out of the gate so you're straight into the good combos.

Normal I feel is too easy to be enjoyable, and for the hardest bosses in the game you will always get knocked to 1 HP from big attacks regardless of what difficulty you're on anyway.

Thanks. I'm still so torn �� Last time I played this game was 2008. I did a critical run of all three BBS characters a couple years ago, but that was pretty easy since for Aqua + Ven you can spam roll. I just don't want to get 20h into the game and hit a total wall.

Critical is its most challenging near the beginning of the game (outside of post-game stuff like secret bosses and Cavern of Remembrance). The hardest part of the game for me was the first visit to Olympus Coliseum, which I think is 5 hours in? (probably only if you skip cutscenes) If you manage to get past that, then you should be good for the rest of the game.

I played KH2 a lot when I was younger but I usually played on Beginner and Standard, I wasn't very good at games and I'm still not all that great at them lol. KH2FM Critical was one of the few instances where I found the hardest difficulty to be the most fun and if I died, it most likely wasn't because of bullshit.

Critical is pretty fun because they give you a bunch of abilities and AP right out of the gate so you're straight into the good combos.

the hardest bosses in the game you will always get knocked to 1 HP from big attacks regardless of what difficulty you're on anyway.

This too.

Playibg KH2 got too steamboat willie world. Why is the block in these games so damn god awful? Most of my deaths come from getting hit from someone off screen or trying to block and my timing is off for like 1 second feels like I'm playing a fighting game sometimes. Any combat tips?

Playibg KH2 got too steamboat willie world. Why is the block in these games so damn god awful? Most of my deaths come from getting hit from someone off screen or trying to block and my timing is off for like 1 second feels like I'm playing a fighting game sometimes. Any combat tips?

You learn Reflect spell very soon which is much better than regular block in many situations.

I still can't quite believe they actually got these to 60fps, it genuinely makes such a difference. Shame the cutscenes aren't, although there are a couple here and there which are which is peculiar.

Anti Form is the epitome of an idea that is kinda cool and might make sense on paper (you can't use drive too much!) but when looking at the finished game it makes no sense.

LycanXIII

Anti Form is the epitome of an idea that is kinda cool and might make sense on paper (you can't use drive too much!) but when looking at the finished game it makes no sense.

Especially when it happens during a Boss battle and you can't use Reactions that are necessary to continue/survive, causing you to die and have to redo the fight where the counter isn't reset.

NullKaze

I never had much of a problem with Anti Form.

You need to Drive at least 5 times while in a battle before there's even a chance of going into Anti Form. In addition to that, acquiring a new form (Wisdom, Limit, Master) resets the counter to 0.
Furthermore, if a party member is unconscious doesn't add any points (which is part of why Limit is so broken).

To put into perspective, if you use Valor once each for the bosses in LoD, BC, OC and TR, you still don't have any chance of turning Anti before gaining Wisdom, which resets your counter. The next set of worlds can almost be done with a Form in each before you gain Limit.

End-game, you have Final Form to -10 from Anti Points. You basically shouldn't be going into Anti by end-game unless you want to.

well ive been trying to get the air soldier enemy card in CoM for like 4 hours now. This is ridiculous. If every card is going to be like this im giving up

Looming, teeming, and almighty maps boost enemy card drop rates

been using those over and over and then reloading save when i dont get it.

Decided to continue with the story. Whats up with the insane difficulty spike at the end of the game. I didnt have problems with anything in the whole run on proud until the 2nd to last boss. Now this shit feels impossible.

been using those over and over and then reloading save when i dont get it.

Decided to continue with the story. Whats up with the insane difficulty spike at the end of the game. I didnt have problems with anything in the whole run on proud until the 2nd to last boss. Now this shit feels impossible.

If an hour passes and you have no luck restart the game.It resets the drop rate and you may have better luck this time :p.

Personally there wasn't a single card that I had to farm for more than one hour.
The most rare cards were the mushrooms ones for me.

I think Anti Form would be alright if it had a much shorter form gauge, or if you could build up a meter (via attacking) that'd allow you to revert to normal. It *is* fun to play with it and attack enemies carefully, aggressively stunlocking them when possible and trying not to get swarmed; it's not fun to just run away from bosses who can OHKO you until the meter runs out. They should've provided an incentive to do the former even against really dangerous stuff; that'd also help turn Anti Form into sort of a stealth tutorial on when to punish enemies.

I think Anti Form would be alright if it had a much shorter form gauge, or if you could build up a meter (via attacking) that'd allow you to revert to normal. It *is* fun to play with it and attack enemies carefully, aggressively stunlocking them when possible and trying not to get swarmed; it's not fun to just run away from bosses who can OHKO you until the meter runs out. They should've provided an incentive to do the former even against really dangerous stuff; that'd also help turn Anti Form into sort of a stealth tutorial on when to punish enemies.

I think the problem with Anti form was that it wasn't a normal form. It's just a punishment for enjoying the gameplay and using the various forms to much. If it had instead have been what it currently is (A weaker drive form that has unique attacks) that could also level up and grant unique abilities and instead of it working as a punishment you unlock it the current way but after that you don't get it randomly based off of how many times you've used the other forms it could have been a lot more interesting and yet another unique way to play the game.

Hell you could really have fun it and make it so instead of waiting for the form to expire instead its a form you have to build up to get back to normal (kinda how Mickey works).

I tried getting into RE:CoM again but my god after an hour it just gets so damn aggravating to play through. Lifeless small areas, constant unfun gameplay (I really wish they had just made it a turn based card game, having enemies constantly break your attacks isn't just annoying it makes every fight take much longer then it should!), and making the only interesting parts of the story what happens between each floor was just a terrible design decision. I mean it worked okay on the GBA because it was all 2D and it was the GBA but god I wish they had really tried to remake the game proper instead of just having the exact same GBA game in the PS2 graphics engine.

Or hell better yet I'd rather have the gameplay of 358/2 days and make RE:Com the movie just take out all of the bits that happen in each world and just focus on the Castle Oblivion story line, its actually a rather well told story that helps to really dive into the lore of the KH series but being attached to the game that it is is just a slog to get to see.

LycanXIII

Or hell better yet I'd rather have the gameplay of 358/2 days and make RE:Com the movie just take out all of the bits that happen in each world and just focus on the Castle Oblivion story line, its actually a rather well told story that helps to really dive into the lore of the KH series but being attached to the game that it is is just a slog to get to see.

Yeah, the Re:CoM Cutscenes would have been enough for a movie for it, while I feel like I'm missing a lot from 358/2. You only see Roxas interacting with Axel, instead of all these missions that he's going on with the other members of the Organization.

dimmer

Started playing the first game today and I got motion sickness because of the camera! This reminded me the PS3 era (which almost killed gaming for me) where I got sick very often because of frame rate and camera issues.
Did anyone else felt shit from the camera or is it just me?

Started playing the first game today and I got motion sickness because of the camera! This reminded me the PS3 era (which almost killed gaming for me) where I got sick very often because of frame rate and camera issues.
Did anyone else felt shit from the camera or is it just me?

Did you set the camera to manual? Also, which KH? The first one has not aged well, but Destiny Islands in particular has aged terribly

Top Bottom