• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Yeah, the Re:CoM Cutscenes would have been enough for a movie for it, while I feel like I'm missing a lot from 358/2. You only see Roxas interacting with Axel, instead of all these missions that he's going on with the other members of the Organization.
358/2 Days gets such a bum rap and I feel being relegated to a cutscene "movie" doesn't help matters. It just gets lumped in with re:coded which 1) is far more tangential to the franchise and 2) still had much more effort put into the movie rendition.

Its subtitle being the start of the obtuse titles trend for the series also seems to hurt its reputation among casual players. If they'd just called it 358 Days it'd be much easier to explain.

Azuran

Banned
358/2 Days gets such a bum rap and I feel being relegated to a cutscene "movie" doesn't help matters. It just gets lumped in with re:coded which 1) is far more tangential to the franchise and 2) still had much more effort put into the movie rendition.

Its subtitle being the start of the obtuse titles trend for the series also seems to hurt its reputation among casual players. If they'd just called it 358 Days it'd be much easier to explain.

I remember when everyone used to tell people to always skip all of Days because it was pointless and nothing new from that game really matter in the end.

Then DDD comes out and reveal that Xion and Lea are going to be important in KH3, so now everyone is "at least watch the cutscenes!"

dimmer

Did you set the camera to manual? Also, which KH? The first one has not aged well, but Destiny Islands in particular has aged terribly

The first KH from the remastered collection for the PS4. I am at the first town,fps are fine but the camera makes my stomach ill.I switched the camera to manual, so let's see how that goes.

I remember when everyone used to tell people to always skip all of Days because it was pointless and nothing new from that game really matter in the end.

Then DDD comes out and reveal that Xion and Lea are going to be important in KH3, so now everyone is "at least watch the cutscenes!"
I kind of felt that way at first, but I had a feeling Xion would return eventually.

I also didn't care for the Organization much in KH2 besides Axel and maybe Demyx, whereas 358/2 fleshed them all out enough to make them more interesting, like Luxord for example.

I kind of felt that way at first, but I had a feeling Xion would return eventually.

I also didn't care for the Organization much in KH2 besides Axel and maybe Demyx, whereas 358/2 fleshed them all out enough to make them more interesting, like Luxord for example.

It's sad that a lot of opportunity for fleshing out and expanding the interesting subplots of the Organization were overshadowed by too many ice cream scenes.

Didn't help that I never enjoyed Xion as a concept. She is pretty much the Genesis (FF7:CC) of the KH series. Basically, an unneeded addition to an already established lore.

It's sad that a lot of opportunity for fleshing out and expanding the interesting subplots of the Organization were overshadowed by too many ice cream scenes.

Damn, this sums up my opinion of Days to the letter. There was so much interesting world building we could have gotten. Some additional backstory to the less used Org members, exploring more about how the Org members don't have hearts, but act as if they do because they're imitating their former selves. But instead we just get another generic "friendship is magic" plot. Because the existing main characters weren't enough apparently.

Meowster

Xion is the best female character in KH (aside from maybe Aqua) with the best theme in the series so Days is worth it for that alone.

I'm glad 358/2 expanded on the Organization. It introduced concepts that you wouldn't really think about with the bad guys, like the fact that they have a lounge to hang out in, that they get vacations, and they still have hobbies. Luxord has half the Organization in a fucking poker league.

Makes me wish the manga was canon because that really expanded on all the members and made them feel like real people in hilarious ways, like this panel:

384e4dcbaf3dacdf8067a992d86f8024bd289a6b_hq.jpg
They're all bored to death of Xemnas' endless droning abut Kingdom Hearts. It's a bit overly silly, but I find that more appealing.

LycanXIII

Watched the new Pirates movie today, and I got to say, I'd like to see that world return in the next game. Yeah, the art styles didn't mesh to well, but there's 4 more movies they can base the world off of, and they're actually feature combat instead of forcing it.

Watched the new Pirates movie today, and I got to say, I'd like to see that world return in the next game. Yeah, the art styles didn't mesh to well, but there's 4 more movies they can base the world off of, and they're actually feature combat instead of forcing it.
Yeah, same.

I think between Pirates, Star Wars, and something Marvel-related, though - and I think all of those are reasonably likely - it'd be unlikely for us to see something truly out of left field like Timeless River was.

LycanXIII

Just started BBS and it furthers the question of, why does no one have a family? We've heard Sora's mother, and that's it out of all the people in the series. No families for anyone else. Eraqus says he views Terra as his son, but he doesn't have a family either. Are keyblade wielders destined to be celibate, like the Jedi (yeah, I know Hamill is Eraqus)? Are Sora and Kari going to become a couple and have a family in the future, or just end up as platonic friends?

I wouldn't be super surprised if the non-Nobody forms of Demyx/Luxord/Marluxia/Larxene show up again at some point in the games. Maybe, like the Hollow Bastion crew, they even won't be particularly malevolent anymore.

LycanXIII

I wouldn't be super surprised if the non-Nobody forms of Demyx/Luxord/Marluxia/Larxene show up again at some point in the games. Maybe, like the Hollow Bastion crew, they even won't be particularly malevolent anymore.

They'll probably be in the scenes that run during the credits, showing everyone living happily ever after.
Which reminds me, we won't have The Beast as a Summon or party member in KH3 since he's the Prince again.

Finished the plat of KH1 yesterday, and finally... After almost a decade... I get to play KH2 final mix. Going critical shield, and still got handled by Axel.

It. Feels. So. Good.

Finished the plat of KH1 yesterday, and finally... After almost a decade... I get to play KH2 final mix. Going critical shield, and still got handled by Axel.

It. Feels. So. Good.
I picked shield and am starting to regret not going sword. Damage output seems low and I miss being able to dodge roll.

Zutrax

Did they fix the stutter issue?

Planning to buy the PS4 ver

Stutter issue? Wasn't it just a really minor thing that got overblown, like frame pacing hiccups when cutscenes started playing?

If this is still an issue, I certainly don't notice, and I'm a stickler for this stuff. I'm on PS4 Pro, not sure if that changes anything.

I hope we find out what their real names are. Especially Demyx.

Did that braindead re:COM trophy where you edit a deck 500 times. Madness. All I need now is to level Sora and Riku up to 99 (Sora's at 90 so it won't be too long for him, Riku's at 63...), get the enemy cards I'm missing (12 in all), and synthesize 300 doors (figure this will come just through the grind) and the platinum is mine.

Byvar

Did they fix the stutter issue?
Apparently it's just when you're running additional apps like when you're streaming from the PS4. Very few people have had it so far.

I just wish they'd fix the save crashing issue - every time I save I fear it's going to crash, even though it's never crashed here before. Apart from that, I'm really loving this collection so far. The 60fps really makes the games better than ever.

It. Feels. So. Good.

Reaction Boost and Finishing Plus tend to make short work of that first Axel fight - dual-wielding Roxas's air finisher juggles Axel high enough into the air that you can start another combo pretty quickly, IIRC.

All I've got left to do in KH2 is the 5000 points skateboard trophy, the gummi ship stuff, and getting the proper points totals for the Titan Paradox Cup and Hades Paradox Cup. Hades Paradox won't be tricky - you've got lots of time to get those points - but man, the Titan Paradox one is an awful grind. You've basically got to spam Stitch three times per round in order to hit 10,000, and it's surprisingly easy to run out of points.

do enemy cards from Rikus story count towards Soras journal for all cards? Im looking at the journal and there are a ton of empty spots still, but I believe I only have 3 more enemy card drops to get.

mstevens

I took a long break after getting the platinum trophy in 1, 2, and CoM.. but BBS is a little intimidating. I hear that the Ice Cream Beat mini game and the Super Bosses are the hardest in the series. It's not going to keep me from playing the game, but I'll be pretty dang frustrated if I hit a wall that I simply can't get over. Playing on PS3 for reference (posting here because the thread is more active.)

Any advice before tackling BBS. Mysterious Figure scares the hell outta me. What is the lowest difficulty I can do all that jazz on while still getting credit for the secret ending or whatever else I need for the platinum? (Don't mind beating the main part of the game on Critical/Proud/whatever)

L.O.R.D

so,i just finished BBS with all 3 characters,i heard after i finish all 3 i will get forth playthrough,but i am not getting anything.
do i need to collect something?
do i need to finish the game on proud or critical?

do enemy cards from Rikus story count towards Soras journal for all cards? Im looking at the journal and there are a ton of empty spots still, but I believe I only have 3 more enemy card drops to get.

Yes they do but keep in mind also that you have to watch the 358/2 days cutscenes too.When you do, it unlocks some extra enemy cards for each member of the organization.

Reaction Boost and Finishing Plus tend to make short work of that first Axel fight - dual-wielding Roxas's air finisher juggles Axel high enough into the air that you can start another combo pretty quickly, IIRC.

All I've got left to do in KH2 is the 5000 points skateboard trophy, the gummi ship stuff, and getting the proper points totals for the Titan Paradox Cup and Hades Paradox Cup. Hades Paradox won't be tricky - you've got lots of time to get those points - but man, the Titan Paradox one is an awful grind. You've basically got to spam Stitch three times per round in order to hit 10,000, and it's surprisingly easy to run out of points.

Thanks for the advice! I was actually talking about the encounter at the struggle tournament though :p

The one at the mansion was surprisingly easy, though

so,i just finished BBS with all 3 characters,i heard after i finish all 3 i will get forth playthrough,but i am not getting anything.
do i need to collect something?
do i need to finish the game on proud or critical?

you need to get all the Xehanort's Reports in order to unlock the final episode

mstevens

I took a long break after getting the platinum trophy in 1, 2, and CoM.. but BBS is a little intimidating. I hear that the Ice Cream Beat mini game and the Super Bosses are the hardest in the series. It's not going to keep me from playing the game, but I'll be pretty dang frustrated if I hit a wall that I simply can't get over. Playing on PS3 for reference (posting here because the thread is more active.)

Any advice before tackling BBS. Mysterious Figure scares the hell outta me. What is the lowest difficulty I can do all that jazz on while still getting credit for the secret ending or whatever else I need for the platinum? (Don't mind beating the main part of the game on Critical/Proud/whatever)

To expand on this, I was doing some research and I found this video where he fights Mysterious Figure on Beginner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osY8tbjx4T8 around 8 hours in (I didn't watch the whole thing lol just fast fowarded to the fight.) Any clue how he was able to do this? It still looks hard as hell, but at least some of the moves aren't one shot anymore.

It looks like he beat the game with Ventus and Terra on Beginner and then Aqua on Critical. That can't be enough to unlock it on all characters, can it?

To expand on this, I was doing some research and I found this video where he fights Mysterious Figure on Beginner https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osY8tbjx4T8 around 8 hours in (I didn't watch the whole thing lol just fast fowarded to the fight.) Any clue how he was able to do this? It still looks hard as hell, but at least some of the moves aren't one shot anymore.

It looks like he beat the game with Ventus and Terra on Beginner and then Aqua on Critical. That can't be enough to unlock it on all characters, can it?

Man he was doing a lot of damage, I'm impressed!

For Titan Paradox, I found the best method was use Stitch twice followed by Peter Pan. You get a ton of points from Peter Pan's limit, and you get to do some damage as well.

stryke

doh, played until Beast's castle thinking there was an Undefeated trophy.
Welp, at least it'll make my crit run a little easier.

only the reports?
what about the secret ending? i playing at standard.

There is last chapter with Aqua that you unlock if you've gathered all the reports on standard.
That chapter was present since the original release of BBS.

When BBS final mix came out in japan they added an extra episode after the chapter I mentioned that you unlock by default if you're playing on critical, by defeating all the extra bosses if you're playing on proud or by doing everything (100% journal) with all 3 of the characters on standard :p.
Of course on beginner you can't unlock this

This version that you're playing is the final mix one so both of the things I mentioned are present

L.O.R.D

There is last chapter with Aqua that you unlock if you've gathered all the reports on standard.
That chapter was present since the original release of BBS.

When BBS final mix came out in japan they added an extra episode after the chapter I mentioned that you unlock by default if you're playing on critical, by defeating all the extra bosses if you're playing on proud or by doing everything (100% journal) with all 3 of the characters on standard :p.
Of course on beginner you can't unlock this

This version that you're playing is the final mix one so both of the things I mentioned are present
so,i am playing the PS3 version on standard ,all 3 characters on standard,so i have to get 100% journal?

so,i am playing the PS3 version on standard ,all 3 characters on standard,so i have to get 100% journal?
For what you call final episode you just have to gather the reports

After that for the extra episode yes you have to get 100% journal with all 3 of them
(the most boring thing ever)

BasilZero

Apparently it's just when you're running additional apps like when you're streaming from the PS4. Very few people have had it so far.

I just wish they'd fix the save crashing issue - every time I save I fear it's going to crash, even though it's never crashed here before. Apart from that, I'm really loving this collection so far. The 60fps really makes the games better than ever.

Oh , did not know that. I dont stream per say, so its fine with me lol and I barely use any apps - especially when playing a game.

L.O.R.D

For what you call final episode you just have to gather the reports

After that for the extra episode yes you have to get 100% journal with all 3 of them
(the most boring thing ever)

hmm,if i am playing on proud or critical,do i have to get 100% journal to unlock the extra episode?

about the reports,i saw there is reports only for certain character,no one can get 100%.

Scarlet_Spider

Neo Member
just got all the reports and unlocked the final episode and finished it.

now how to secret the extra episode?

On standard mode, you need to complete the sticker collection for all characters and unlock the keyslinger trophy (defeat 9,999 unversed total across all 3 characters). Ignore anyone who says you need to 100% the reports (that was the requirement for unlocking Blank Points in the vanilla BbS. They made the requirements much easier for both that and the secret episode in Final Mix).

L.O.R.D

On standard mode, you need to complete the sticker collection for all characters and unlock the keyslinger trophy (defeat 9,999 unversed total across all 3 characters). Ignore anyone who says you need to 100% the reports (that was the requirement for unlocking Blank Points in the vanilla BbS. They made the requirements much easier for both that and the secret episode in Final Mix).

what about proud and critical?
thinking of save editing the save file to change the difficulty to critical.

Scarlet_Spider

Neo Member
what about proud and critical?
thinking of save editing the save file to change the difficulty to critical.

Proud: Complete the sticker collection for all 3 characters.
Critical: Just complete Final Episode.

Beating the game again will give you the option to create a new save for the secret episode at the end.

It's even possible to unlock the secret episode on beginner mode, but AFAIK nobody has figured out the exact criteria.

Honestly, getting the secret episode on standard really isn't hard at all nor is it very time consuming.

L.O.R.D

Proud: Complete the sticker collection for all 3 characters.
Critical: Just complete Final Episode.

Beating the game again will give you the option to create a new save for the secret episode at the end.

It's even possible to unlock the secret episode on beginner mode, but AFAIK nobody has figured out the exact criteria.

Honestly, getting the secret episode on standard really isn't hard at all nor is it very time consuming.
so i have to play the final episode not the regular game?

L.O.R.D

DBMP4qqXYAATxIy.jpg

BBS,done

thanks guys for the help,decide to make a shortcut and changed the difficulty to critical and battled the final boss again and open final episode and did it again and then finished the extra episode.

so question about that ending,
was terra is on control or xehanort,and he was acting like he is xehanort?

Top Bottom