• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD I.5+II.5 ReMIX |OT| Kingdom Hearts Final Port

Bahorel

Is it weird that I finished Kingdom Hearts 2 (for the first time) this week and my stats indicated I had gotten through the game with zero summons whatsoever? I completely ignored that mechanic and I wonder if I made the game harder for myself in forgetting that that existed at all.

And, for the record, wtf was that story? (Yes yes I know, I was prepared via word of mouth but I didn't think it would be that weird) everything with Ansem, Ansem, and Ansem is just a trip and a half and I'm still trying to come to terms with how off the rails things have gotten since the first.

Organization XIII was a mistake.

That being said I'm ready for Birth By Sleep, though I'm taking a break to play Catherine first.

started playing rikus story in CoM after doing everything possible in soras story without a completed riku save file. I am enjoying it a lot more than soras. So nice not having to worry about deck building and all that shit. So far I am just spamming attack and winning on proud. My kinda gameplay lol.

Is it weird that I finished Kingdom Hearts 2 (for the first time) this week and my stats indicated I had gotten through the game with zero summons whatsoever? I completely ignored that mechanic and I wonder if I made the game harder for myself in forgetting that that existed at all.

Stitch, at the very least, is insanely good (occasionally stuns enemies, blocks a lot of projectile attacks from hitting you, refills your MP as soon as it runs out). Arguably the passive effects you get from summons are a lot better than their Limit attacks - in Kingdom Hearts 2 they're all generally defensive (I'm pretty sure all of them have mechanics of one kind or another that heal Sora).

NateDog

so question about that ending,
was terra is on control or xehanort,and he was acting like he is xehanort?
It's Terra's body but Xehanort is in control of it. Some people refer to this as Terranort. Terra was able to struggle back a bit but not enough to regain control.
Also think back to the Lingering Will battle in KH2FM.

Sorry but this is what the trophy guide says on playstationtrophies

The Lost Chapter
Complete the secret episode.

During the secret episode, you play as Aqua through the Realm of Darkness. All of your stats will carry over from the Final Episode, so you do not have worry about re-acquiring everything again. Once you reach the end you will be engaged in a boss fight. Like all bosses, be sure to keep your distance and dodge frequently as this boss is very aggressive.

Unlock Requirements:

Standard: Complete the Reports 100% with all three protagonists.

Proud: Complete the Sticker Album with all three protagonists.

Critical: Complete the Final Episode
I was wrong about proud but look what it says about standard.
Maybe the guide is wrong of course but then why didn't they edited it :/?

BBS,done

thanks guys for the help,decide to make a shortcut and changed the difficulty to critical and battled the final boss again and open final episode and did it again and then finished the extra episode.

so question about that ending,
was terra is on control or xehanort,and he was acting like he is xehanort?

Xehanort is in control, though after what has happen at the end of BBS Xehanort ends up losing his memories and doesn't know who he is for awhile

jimmypython

The 2.8 OT is pretty dead so forgive me to post it here.

can someone please explain to me what is the good guys plan to fight Xehanort?

My understanding is that Xehanort wants to
make 13 and 7 fight to create X-blade, and he already almost has the 13 ready
. Mickey and co. want to defeat this evil plan by....
collecting the 7 and fight the 13?
. How does this make sense? did I miss something?

Loke13

The 2.8 OT is pretty dead so forgive me to post it here.

can someone please explain to me what is the good guys plan to fight Xehanort?

My understanding is that Xehanort wants to
make 13 and 7 fight to create X-blade, and he already almost has the 13 ready
. Mickey and co. want to defeat this evil plan by....
collecting the 7 and fight the 13?
. How does this make sense? did I miss something?
Not sure what doesn't make sense Xehanort is going to recreate organization 13 using 13 versions of himself and fight Sora and 6 other keyblade wielders.
And apparently this ensuing battle will create the true X-blade.

jimmypython

Not sure what doesn't make sense Xehanort is going to recreate organization 13 using 13 versions of himself and fight Sora and 6 other keyblade wielders.
And apparently this ensuing battle will create the true X-blade.

Yes,
X-blade is exactly what Xehanort wants no? So Mickey and friends are actually helping him by making this battle happen?

NullKaze

Yes,
X-blade is exactly what Xehanort wants no? So Mickey and friends are actually helping him by making this battle happen?

DDD Spoilers
The reasoning is that if Mickey and co. don't gather up the 7 Guardians,
Xehanort will target the 7 Princesses of Light which work just as well as the 'Light' fodder for the X-blade.
By gathering up 7 Guardians, the good guys at least have a chance of overpowering the 13 Darknesses

Of course, if this was Game of Thrones, the easy answer would be to kill one or two of the Princesses.

Is there something different about the animation in the 358/2 Days movie compared to the games? I can't put my finger on it, but everything looks more...fluid? Smooth? I dunno how to describe it.

NateDog

DDD Spoilers
Xehanort will target the 7 Princesses of Light which work just as well as the 'Light' fodder for the X-blade.
By gathering up 7 Guardians, the good guys at least have a chance of overpowering the 13 Darknesses

Of course, if this was Game of Thrones, the easy answer would be to kill one or two of the Princesses.
Yeah, the other thing they're probably banking on is
saving Terra for example and helping him regain his body,
which would also mean that Xehanort's 13 would be reduced to 12 if we assume Terranort is one of them. I still find it strange he didn't appear in DDD.

Arment

I just can't seem to beat stage 2/3 of the final boss of CoM. Is there any kind of cheese mode deck I can construct? I flew through the game and I've wiped on this like 5 times with multiple decks.

7he Talon

I haven't play any Kingdom Hearts games since 2 back on the PS2. Would this be worth picking up? Are reviews out there that I could watch?

I haven't play any Kingdom Hearts games since 2 back on the PS2. Would this be worth picking up? Are reviews out there that I could watch?

Depends on how you feel about 2. If you really enjoyed the game, and are willing to explore other key entries in the series that may not be as great, then it's a worthwhile purchase for you, more so if you get it on sale.

If you weren't really into 2, or sort of lukewarm, then don't pick it up. The other games in the collection aren't as great as 2, so you may not enjoy them

Turin

Banned
^ That's a better answer.

I was in the same boat and haven't regretted buying it. Very fun silly ride.

7he Talon

Depends on how you feel about 2. If you really enjoyed the game, and are willing to explore other key entries in the series that may not be as great, then it's a worthwhile purchase for you, more so if you get it on sale.

If you weren't really into 2, or sort of lukewarm, then don't pick it up. The other games in the collection aren't as great as 2, so you may not enjoy them

I really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 2 at the time (I was like 13). I've never been too keen on checking out the other entries, but maybe I should in the lead up to KH3.

Scarlet_Spider

Neo Member
I'm about to start - what's wrong about it?

The requirements for unlocking the Secret Episode in BbS are wrong. The criteria were made much easier in the HD collections than previously in the PSP versions, so that more players could experience it. Many guides were made without realizing this change, so there's a lot of misinformation going around. Of course, if people are going for the platinum trophy, they'll probably play on Critical mode, so it doesn't affect them.

The correct requirements for unlocking the Secret Episode are:
Beginner Mode - Accessible, the exact conditions are undisclosed.
Standard Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus and obtain the Keyslinger trophy (defeat 9,999 unversed).
Proud Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.

The requirements for unlocking the Secret Episode in BbS are wrong. The criteria were made much easier in the HD collections than previously in the PSP versions, so that more players could experience it. Many guides were made without realizing this change, so there's a lot of misinformation going around. Of course, if people are going for the platinum trophy, they'll probably play on Critical mode, so it doesn't affect them.

The correct requirements for unlocking the Secret Episode are:
Beginner Mode - Accessible, the exact conditions are undisclosed.
Standard Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus and obtain the Keyslinger trophy (defeat 9,999 unversed).
Proud Mode - Complete the Sticker Album with Terra, Aqua, and Ventus.
Critical Mode - Complete the Final Episode.

I'm going to take your word on this and report back. Finishing the reports in BBS sounds boring as fuck so I hope you're right.

I really enjoyed Kingdom Hearts 2 at the time (I was like 13). I've never been too keen on checking out the other entries, but maybe I should in the lead up to KH3.

I was around the same age, too, and if that's the case for you, then you'll really like playing 2 Final Mix :) it feels like such an upgrade over the PS2 days.

I'd say it's also worth trying out the other games, too. Just gotta keep in mind that 1 hasn't aged well, but does get enjoyable in the late game, CoM is a very different kind of game but does get interesting with the second half (Riku's story, after you finish Sora's), and BBS is good but feels compromised due to it being on the PSP originally.

Again, though, 2 is really fucking good, especially on Critical

Man I'm just *blasting* through Terra's story on Proud. 6 hours in and I'm at the save before the final fight. Not really going out of my way to speed run. Is this normal? Because I don't remember it being THAT short.

jimmypython

IMO KH2FM is still the best KH game in the entire series. And I think had BbS been designed for console (I heard it was originally planned for PS2), its FM version would've been the best. I guess UMD restriction on space forced to reduce the content. DDD is heavily flawed but fun to play with: the level complexity is the second best in the series imo (best: BbS 0.2). Lack of content (especially end game optional content) is still a problem for it tho.

Im glad that, judging from 0.2, KH3 will take all the good stuff from BbS and DDD combine them with KH2. I just hope the dev team will resolve all the UE4 related issues.

DDD Spoilers

Yeah, the other thing they're probably banking on is
saving Terra for example and helping him regain his body,
which would also mean that Xehanort's 13 would be reduced to 12 if we assume Terranort is one of them. I still find it strange he didn't appear in DDD.

oh i see. so
7 lights are NOT 7 guardians of light
.....lol

One thing I wonder about is whether 'True' Organization XIII is going to include Saix AND Isa, Xigbar AND Braig. I suppose knowing what we know about the Recusant's Sigil, the name and the Nobody factor are two separate issues, but still. I'm not certain that it's going to have any truly *new* characters in it, but that also sort of begs the question of how they'll fill it out to a full 13 (especially since they still need a thirteenth member). MX, YX, Terranort, Xemnas, Ansem SoD, Xigbar, Saix, Braig, Isa, Xigbar, and (presumably) Vanitas still just makes 11, not 12. Possessed Riku, maybe? I guess?

One thing I wonder about is whether 'True' Organization XIII is going to include Saix AND Isa, Xigbar AND Braig. I suppose knowing what we know about the Recusant's Sigil, the name and the Nobody factor are two separate issues, but still. I'm not certain that it's going to have any truly *new* characters in it, but that also sort of begs the question of how they'll fill it out to a full 13 (especially since they still need a thirteenth member). MX, YX, Terranort, Xemnas, Ansem SoD, Xigbar, Saix, Braig, Isa, Xigbar, and (presumably) Vanitas still just makes 11, not 12. Possessed Riku, maybe? I guess?

The story is going to be hot garbage if they really just use the nobody characters AND the somebody characters to pad things out.

Possessed Riku /Vanitas double boss battle seems like a no brainier and really needs to be in the game.

The story is going to be hot garbage if they really just use the nobody characters AND the somebody characters to pad things out.

Possessed Riku /Vanitas double boss battle seems like a no brainier and really needs to be in the game.

I think KH2FM's the only game in the series with a combat engine sophisticated enough to handle two humanoid bosses with different movesets ganging up on you, and even then they didn't really try to do that.

I'd love a challenge like that, but I wouldn't expect it to happen.

Nah, we're not getting Isa and Braig.

New org will have fetus Xehanort, toddler Xehanort, young man falling in true love for the first time Xehanort, and deathbed Xehanort.

It's gonna be awesome

Is there any kind of trick to getting a random joker card? Im level 80 with riku and still dont have one...kinda worried its going to be the last thing i need lol

Edit: oh thank god, I got it. At lvl 82

18882077_10213434925926323_5514754469565824245_n.jpg

Almost there... just need to finish the level 99 grind (96 as Sora... 63 as Riku...) and making 300 rooms

finally done with chain of memories, need to take a long break and play something else now.
Yeah I feel you man.

If I had played KH2 after 1 I'd probably be down for one more KH before moving onto something else, but platinuming re:CoM is such a chore. Gotta take a break from KH for a little while.

So with the KH2 gummi mission trophies...

Which is the best mission to farm the neon orbs and those Blizzaga (?) guns in order to make the donut ship.

Anoxida

Completed KH for the first time. I don't think a single world apart from traverse town had good level design, combat and camera very clunky, story very cheesy, bunch of backtracking. Yet I still enjoyed my time with it for the most part. I have NO idea why. Here's hoping KH2 is a less fustrating experience.

Azuran

Banned
Completed KH for the first time. I don't think a single world apart from traverse town had good level design, combat and camera very clunky, story very cheesy, bunch of backtracking. Yet I still enjoyed my time with it for the most part. I have NO idea why. Here's hoping KH2 is a less fustrating experience.

Level design in KH2 is trash unless you're a fan of FF13's corridors. On the other hand, the combat is arguably one of the best in ARPGs history.

Story is well... I don't even know where to begin. If you're planning on skipping CoM, then you're probably going to hate the beginning because nothing will make sense. Actually, I take that back, nothing makes sense in KH2 unless you're really deep into the lore of the series and analyzed the hell out of the previous two games, and that only gives you some background information to work with so you can make informed predictions at where things may be going.

Other than that, prepare to be lost throughout the entire game.

Fuck the Terra/Braig fight.

That fight's tough mainly when he starts seriously spamming bullets (it feels like the game really should've made it more likely that you'd have second chance/leaf bracer/once more by that point), but it's a good (if heavy-handed) tutorial in how to abuse shoot locks for their invincibility frames IMO.

Top Bottom