• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts HD II.5 ReMIX |OT| Press to pay respects

You know I thought It would be annoying having to revisit Agraba again but I think that was actually my favorite world so far in KH2.

I was checking my trophy list and noticed that I had several trophies in BBS, which I haven't even played, it kinda freaked me out lol.

Then I discovered my brother was playing the game when I was at work, he actually finished the game with Aqua in Critical Mode, he doesn't even play games so it's kinda weird that he just randomly did that, he doesn't even understand the story of KH at all haha.

Now here am I trying to explain him the whole series.

Holy shit what? Any particular reason he chose to start with BBS and with Aqua? Do you not have 1.5? Hell even if you don't why didn't he start with 2? lol.

Timeless River was where i'd grind Early as all the windows were connected so you can just run through all of them.

Pretty good place to grind wisdom early too!

I used Beast's Castle. That was pretty late on, though. If you have Drive Converter and Sweet Memories, then you can grind pretty heavily for Valor, Wisdom, and Master Forms. Final takes a bit more work (the area right before the Altar of Naught in The World That Never Was and The Mansion in Twilight Town are good picks for that). You can grind Limit Form pretty much anywhere you want. As for very early on grinding, I can't think of any. I wouldn't really bother, though. Up until that point, the game is fairly easy and you don't need any of it unless you want to get Puzzle Pieces really early on.

Psxphile

For getting the platinum in BBS, a few questions:

1) I've tried BBS on PSP and got halfway through Terra's story on Critical before I started over on Proud. If you're going for the BBS Plat, are you just trying to do everything on Critical, or are you going at it in a lower difficulty first, doing everything, and then beating the game on Critical without doing side stuff?

2) When starting a new file, what are some commands I should prioritize?

3) Is there a way to abuse the command board and meld?

1) Critical. All of it. I'll be damned if I'm going to play each scenario more than once anytime soon. I've got other games that need my attention.

2) I pretty much just meld whatever. I'm more interested in getting some abilities on my peeps post haste. However, formulas to keep in mind:
Fira(ga) + Aerora(ga) = Fission Firaga
Fira(ga) + Slow = Crawling Firaga
Fission Firaga + Crawling Firaga = Megaflare
Megaflare = good times

There's also the Mine commands (Shield, Square and Aqua's Seekers) that are fabulous for crowd control alongside Magnet spells.

You can't meld for Cure but once you've got one or two you can meld for Cura and Curaga. That and Leaf Bracer will save your ass.

3) Abuse it? Takes too long. Sure, it's great for leveling multiple commands, but you can do just as much fighting high-level enemies and using the Stitch D-Link for Double CP. However, Command Boards have hard-to-acquire Shotlocks and the Focus Block/Barrier that's impossible to get anywhere else, which you'll need if you're trying to plat. And you'll need to play the Disney Town board once and then another board until you land on a Special Panel and randomly activate 'Captain Justice/Dark'' for a chance to unlock the Pete D-link.

And early on when you're low on munny it's a great place to get some additional Commands from Bonus Panels until you manage to farm Abounding Crystals in Radiant Garden and meld for Lucky Strikes.

General strategies for winning Command Board quickly basically amounts to placing Commands in panels at every opportunity, foregoing using them as cards unless you desperately need the boost. Because every time you return to the Start Panel after completing a lap you're rewarded by how many panels you own, and because you'll get a decent GP boost if one of your opponents decide to buy (i.e., steal) one of your panels. Also seeing them lose cash whenever they land on one of your panels never gets old. Fortunately, there's nothing to lose but time by playing the Command Board. Every command you place gets CP whether you win the board or not, the only difference is how much. Except I think for stolen commands which don't get any.

I was checking my trophy list and noticed that I had several trophies in BBS, which I haven't even played, it kinda freaked me out lol.

Then I discovered my brother was playing the game when I was at work, he actually finished the game with Aqua in Critical Mode, he doesn't even play games so it's kinda weird that he just randomly did that, he doesn't even understand the story of KH at all haha.

Now here am I trying to explain him the whole series.

I think someone has a waifu.

Man, the skateboard is so much fun. Such a shame that you can barely use it. Also when should I tackle the absent silhouettes? Should I do them as they appear or wait til the end?

Afrocious

1) Critical. All of it. I'll be damned if I'm going to play each scenario more than once anytime soon. I've got other games that need my attention.

2) I pretty much just meld whatever. I'm more interested in getting some abilities on my peeps post haste. However, formulas to keep in mind:
Fira(ga) + Aerora(ga) = Fission Firaga
Fira(ga) + Slow = Crawling Firaga
Fission Firaga + Crawling Firaga = Megaflare
Megaflare = good times

There's also the Mine commands (Shield, Square and Aqua's Seekers) that are fabulous for crowd control alongside Magnet spells.

You can't meld for Cure but once you've got one or two you can meld for Cura and Curaga. That and Leaf Bracer will save your ass.

3) Abuse it? Takes too long. Sure, it's great for leveling multiple commands, but you can do just as much fighting high-level enemies and using the Stitch D-Link for Double CP. However, Command Boards have hard-to-acquire Shotlocks and the Focus Block/Barrier that's impossible to get anywhere else, which you'll need if you're trying to plat. And you'll need to play the Disney Town board once and then another board until you land on a Special Panel and randomly activate 'Captain Justice/Dark'' for a chance to unlock the Pete D-link.

And early on when you're low on munny it's a great place to get some additional Commands from Bonus Panels until you manage to farm Abounding Crystals in Radiant Garden and meld for Lucky Strikes.

General strategies for winning Command Board quickly basically amounts to placing Commands in panels at every opportunity, foregoing using them as cards unless you desperately need the boost. Because every time you return to the Start Panel after completing a lap you're rewarded by how many panels you own, and because you'll get a decent GP boost if one of your opponents decide to buy (i.e., steal) one of your panels. Also seeing them lose cash whenever they land on one of your panels never gets old. Fortunately, there's nothing to lose but time by playing the Command Board. Every command you place gets CP whether you win the board or not, the only difference is how much. Except I think for stolen commands which don't get any.

I think someone has a waifu.

Awesome! Thanks for the detailed post!

Last question: Any advice for starting off? Since you're able to meld from the start, I'm wondering if there's anything I can make in the beginning of the game to make things easier down the line.

better check for an aqua dakimakura soon

I want this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I just did this and man what a tease, you can only use it while in limit form :(

Nooo, you have to level it up. Once you get to Limit Form Level 3, you can use Dodge Roll normally.
It's the same with High Jump and Quick Run.

Kinsei

Banned

Last question: Any advice for starting off? Since you're able to meld from the start, I'm wondering if there's anything I can make in the beginning of the game to make things easier down the line.

Early game there's really nothing amazing you can meld. Just focus on making whatever and once you pass Radiant Garden then you can start melding the ultimate commands. The one exception to this is that you can get Fission Firaga as early as your second Disney world as Terra. In Dwarf Woodlands in the room with the save point and moogle there's a chest you're not supposed to reach until you have high jump, but a few well placed slide dashes will let you reach it.

My biggest newbie tip is to level up Aqua's D-link ASAP. It gives you access to cura and the magic volley finisher while it's active, and it also reflects magic attacks and revives you like Tinkerbell. Magic Volley is seriously overpowered in the early game and you'll be taking out bosses in under a minute.

Oh cool, didn't know this. Guess I should actually start using drives now then. Does this apply to all the moves or only the growth ones?

Only the growth moves. You should also know that each drive form gains exp in its own unique way.

Valor: 1 exp every time you hit an enemy.
Wisdom: 1 exp every time you kill a heartless (even heartless bosses only give 1 point)
Limit: 1 exp every time you complete a limit.
Master: 1 exp for every small drive orb you pick up and 3 for every big one you pick up.
Final: 1 exp every time you kill a nobody (even the organization members only give 1 point)

Berordn

Oh cool, didn't know this. Guess I should actually start using drives now then. Does this apply to all the moves or only the growth ones?

Only growth, and he'll never get the max level move, but you'll be able to glide/double jump/dash/roll as normal Sora and be a true jack of all trades.

Early game there's really nothing amazing you can meld. Just focus on making whatever and once you pass Radiant Garden then you can start melding the ultimate commands. The one exception to this is that you can get Fission Firaga as early as your second Disney world as Terra. In Dwarf Woodlands in the room with the save point and moogle there's a chest you're not supposed to reach until you have high jump, but a few well placed slide dashes will let you reach it.

My biggest newbie tip is to level up Aqua's D-link ASAP. It gives you access to cura and the magic volley finisher while it's active, and it also reflects magic attacks, and revives you like Tinkerbell. Magic Volley is seriously overpowered in the early game and you'll be taking out bosses in under a minute.

Well technically, Ventus has a 5% chance of getting Tornado when you meld Aero and Quick Blitz (Both of which he starts with). Outside of getting lucky, it'd probably involve some soft reset abuse, but yeah.

My biggest newbie tip is to level up Aqua's D-link ASAP. It gives you access to cura and the magic volley finisher while it's active, and it also reflects magic attacks, and revives you like Tinkerbell. Magic Volley is seriously overpowered in the early game and you'll be taking out bosses in under a minute.

Only the growth moves. You should also know that each drive form gains exp in its own unique way.

Valor: 1 exp every time you hit an enemy.
Wisdom: 1 exp every time you kill a heartless (even heartless bosses only give 1 point)
Limit: 1 exp every time you complete a limit.
Master: 1 exp for every small drive orb you pick up and 3 for every big one you pick up.
Final: 1 exp every time you kill a nobody (even the organization members only give 1 point)

Thanks! What do you mean by complete a limit? Do you mean just letting a limit run out/reverting it?

Psxphile

better check for an aqua dakimakura soon

Hm.

*googles*

Yup. 'Bout what I expected. Could see that coming a--

*Mickey dakimakura*

AAH!

Hm. Not sure. Like I said, I just meld whatever in the early game.

But you know, Fire Dash (Fire + Sliding Dash) is pretty useful. You can use it in the air and travel much farther than you would by jumping before getting High Jump or Air Slide. With it you can grab a few chests and crown stickers you otherwise wouldn't be able to get yet in some worlds. Actually, come to think of it you probably could manage the same with just Sliding Dash but I never tried it.

Only other advice I can give is wait until you get some crystals before melding so you can attach them and start learning some abilities right away. Oh and don't meld commands with abilities attached until they're completely done leveling (noted by the gold crown) or you won't keep the ability permanently.

Kinsei

Banned
Thanks! What do you mean by complete a limit? Do you mean just letting a limit run out/reverting it?

Limit form replaces all of your L1 menu spells with abilities from Kingdom Hearts Final Mix. In order to get a point you need to activate one of these attacks and carry it out all the way to completion by using reaction commands.

Psxphile

The one exception to this is that you can get Fission Firaga as early as your second Disney world as Terra. In Dwarf Woodlands in the room with the save point and moogle there's a chest you're not supposed to reach until you have high jump, but a few well placed slide dashes will let you reach it.

Aqua can get this one early as well.

Falk

that puzzling face
Hm.

*googles*

Yup. 'Bout what I expected. Could see that coming a--

*Mickey dakimakura*

AAH!

I meant, he should check for his brother's secret aqua dakimakura order. But now that you mentioned it, I googled Kingdom Hearts dakimakura and holy cow I wish I could rewind time to before I did rofl

why is there a xigbar dakimakura

Anura

Almost done with my first KH 2 playthrough! Just need to kill Data Demnyx and Luxord and satisfy the remaining Mushrooms. Been really fun so far and I gotta say that critical is the only way to play

Is tornado strike useful? I've always ignored it.

It has it's uses early on. By the time you're intended to reach it though, you're better off with stuff like Faith, though it is a great command to use if you're trying to activate the Cyclone command style.

Psxphile

Does it play right through like a movie, or does it need me to press buttons?
I'm about half way through 358/2 days (great game, very addictive)and will play recoded next, but i don't want to sit and watch the same thing over again....but the OCD in me doesn't like that 0% on my trophy log.

Once you hit Play All it'll continue on to the end without you needing to press anything more. But you can just hit start and Skip Scene every cinema until the end and still get your trophies.

Top Bottom