• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Pangya

Couple of questions:

Is there a limit to the boost medal bonuses (Chip and Dale)?

The game mentioned that if you fuse the same medal together, you get special attack increases. Does this only apply to the same star level? Should you not fuse two medals together until they are both 6* then? Is there an indicator on how many times you've fused the same medal?

Anyone know where to get the Cheshire Cat medal? I need it to upgrade my 1 Star Medals. Is it just a random drop in Wonderland?

Caim

Does anyone have any advice for
killing the Invisible in Agrabah in one turn? It's driving me crazy.

Raise the level of your Strength medals since it's Speed type.
I used the Treasure Trove since it's mainly focused on red and the multipliers you get when you upgrade Keyblades help a lot.
Also, the targets for "Kill x in one turn." missions usually have a lot more health than the rest.

Soul Beat

So I just downloaded this but it keeps giving me a "Save Error" when creating the extra data. Last I checked I have at least 1GB of memory. So does anyone know what the deal is?
Quoting for the new page cause I'm stumped.

Visceir

ID: 26895
Name: Visceir
I'm on unicorn.

Would like a party invite.

Game takes too long to even get remotely challenging.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Any recommendations which Avatar accessories should be maxed first? Already gotten so many of them but haven't really invested in any.

I probably won't have time to start this today, I hope I can still find a party tomorrow. :(
There will always be a group for you.

I had to delete Bleach for this one and don't regret it - really like it so far.

Malyse

Couple of questions:

Is there a limit to the boost medal bonuses (Chip and Dale)?

The game mentioned that if you fuse the same medal together, you get special attack increases. Does this only apply to the same star level? Should you not fuse two medals together until they are both 6* then? Is there an indicator on how many times you've fused the same medal?

Yes. They are gated to star level, so you shouldn't use them until six star where you can get the full +1000. Same deal with Cid.

Yes, it's tied to star level. Yes there is an indicator, but it does no good to self fuse anything with less than three stars. No, you shouldn't wait till six stars.

That's some nice advice, but not the advice I am looking for. I want to know how to beat it. Not how to run away from it and get to it later.

It's like Xenoblade Chronicles and FFXII. You aren't supposed to beat everything on your first time. You're supposed to comeback for stuff later. But if you want to waste your AP, I can't stop you. This is the way the game is designed though.

Pangya

Yes. They are gated to star level, so you shouldn't use them until six star where you can get the full +1000. Same deal with Cid.

Yes, it's tied to star level. Yes there is an indicator, but it does no good to self fuse anything with less than three stars. No, you shouldn't wait till six stars.

Thanks. When you mentioned "it does no good to self fuse anything less than three stars", I'm guessing that the special attack increase doesn't occur unless at least 2 3* are being fused together than right? If I had an existing 5* or 6*, can I fuse a 3* version of it into them and still get the special attack increase?

chrono01

There will always be a group for you.

I had to delete Bleach for this one and don't regret it - really like it so far.
d(^_^)v

And yeah, it really is a shame about Bleach. The actual gameplay is fun, there's just so little to do in-game, the only enjoyment getting your favorite 5* characters and with the gatcha as bad as it is, that's a frustrating situation. If they increased the rate for 5* further (or added farmable 5* in-game), as well as increased the rate of character/accessory drops, it might be worth recommending. Even add raid bosses or something, and add level restrictions to co-op to prevent low levels from joining. Honestly, I don't blame you for quitting. I still play, but I basically just log on for PVP and to do any new story content they release, that's about it. :(

I'm glad to hear this game is fun though, I can't wait to try it out for myself!

Game is pretty fun so far. Wonder when I'll hit that paywall though.

paywall is pretty nonexistent
according to Malyse you can upgrade lower rarity medals to 6 star rarity
that and 100 jewels every day and 150 every 5 quests
oh and the free shit for joining Unicornis since were obviously gonna win the first week and beyond

Tidd

Damn, my Beast is sooo good against these Growth Eggs from the EXP Medals daily quest. Did the lv. 30 one without problems. He one-shots everything with his skill. Fixed damage ftw.

Ken

If I die to raid boss after doing some damage to it, is it worth the AP to try a second time or can I just let the party kill it and still get the same rewards.

Malyse

If I die to raid boss after doing some damage to it, is it worth the AP to try a second time or can I just let the party kill it and still get the same rewards.
You might miss the MVP and you will miss the killing blow bonus(es).

Why does this dude know Akuma's Raging Demon attack. Why?

Guess it's my fault for picking a fight.

Can't wait for UX to catch up to [chi]
Game is pretty fun so far. Wonder when I'll hit that paywall though.

I can tell you that it won't be in the first 350 missions.

(There is no paywall)

Malyse

Fuck, already used one or two of those on 4-star dudes, I think.
As long as you didn't max it, you're fine. The real concern is overflow. AKA if you have 50 before the cap, and you use a +100 medal, then you wasted +50 bonus when you could just upgraded and got the full +100. Make sense?

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Looking for that Neogaf PT

Shawn
Unicorn

I'm having trouble deciding what to do with my medals now that I'm filling up my 60. Sold the moogles but don't know what to fuse and what not to fuse.

J-Skee

Two things:

1. How in the world does Disney allow allow these insane titles for this series?

2. The day Marvel & Star Wars get added will be a glorious day.

Now that a think about it...

3. Where in the world are the Disney Infinity Kingdom Hearts toys?

Malyse

Two things:

1. How in the world does Disney allow allow these insane titles for this series?

2. The day Marvel & Star Wars get added will be a glorious day.

Now that a think about it...

3. Where in the world are the Disney Infinity Kingdom Hearts toys?
1. Disney doesn't really care
2. The world supply of salt will increase exponentially that day.
3. Look forward to 4.0.

Balphon

It seems like the daily pull is trying to fool me into thinking it's more efficient when it really isn't. Or is it better to have a lot more 3* than a few more 5*?

Still trying to figure out the long-term gearing path.

It seems like the daily pull is trying to fool me into thinking it's more efficient when it really isn't. Or is it better to have a lot more 3* than a few more 5*?

you can upgrade a lower rarity to a higher rarity
so it doesnt really matter

Malyse

A single star is a degree of magnitude in power. JS. You *can* upgrade, but it's time consuming and expensive. Upgrade if you love the attack/medal, but go for higher rarity.

Balphon

you can upgrade a lower rarity to a higher rarity
so it doesnt really matter

Right, which is why I'm wondering whether it would be better to have more 3* and just fuse up or to just draw more 5* overall.

Suppose it will become obvious over time.

A single star is a degree of magnitude in power. JS. You *can* upgrade, but it's time consuming and expensive. Upgrade if you love the attack/medal, but go for higher rarity.

Cool. Just have to figure out what the gacha rates are then.

enoki

ID: 23365, my name is Cat!

I'm on Vulpeus, sorry GAF.

It's almost like I get to have Destiny of Spirits back again. I'm enjoying it so far!

Miracle

Ugh, god damn it. As I finally come back and start to play Fallout 4 again, two attractive mobile games out of nowhere gets released. (This and Tales of Link)

Sign....*downloads*

Ok so before I start to play, is there ANYTHING I should know beforehand? Are you guys currently in a guild I can join? Or a faction that I should look up first? Etc?

Game is so dumb right now
You can theoretically play for an infinite amount of time with half AP costs on the story
Also, just evolved into my first 6, which is nice

Nudull

Banned
I kinda feel bad for joining the GAF group. I've been nuking these quests with barely any effort thanks to friend medals, on top of other things.

desmax

Felt a little bad doing this, but lol

original.jpg

Top Bottom