• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

Falk

that puzzling face
:(

(i'm tempted to pay $15 again this sunday FWIW, lol)

I'm good. I'd rather $15 on a cool event and then do 5 daily draws then.

Assuming the deal is still around, of course. The labelling and naming, including up to when it credits you 'only 1700' jewels seems to suggest it's a limited-time thing.

LAA

Urgh, still nothing at all about an EU release. Still playing US release, but don't want to get too far then have to start again when EU is out...unless you can transfer the character to the EU version, but guessing that's unlikely.
Just poor communication, don't think it's even been officially announced and can't see it not happening.

Soulez

Neo Member
Just started this last night and it's pretty fun so far. Any GAF parties with openings. I'm part of Unicornis, since that's what the OP told me to do ;)

FZKWzrP.png
There must be a bug in the exp gauge, I actually leveled up to 105 but it didn't turn over (and freaked me out for a second).

Falk

that puzzling face
You know, I find it mildly amusing that Jiminy has the heal and not Donald.

woTTyDwl.jpg

There must be a bug in the exp gauge, I actually leveled up to 105 but it didn't turn over (and freaked me out for a second).

This happens in FFRK too hahaha

I'm slightly curious what (if anything) happens if you clear all of Tier 6 in the Coliseum (assuming it's even possible). Probably nothing interesting, though.

Lnds500

I've been playing all day trying to find Merlin/Godmother/Cheshire medals. Nada..

I have levelled up most of my medals and I am kinda stuck on the rest.

Falk

that puzzling face
Really, that makes me more interested in minmaxing the medals.

Right now I can go till the enemies start hitting lv130 or so.

Then recharging Keyblade to 15/15 became way too much of a slog between each attempt that I stopped bothering.

edit: wait, I'm thinking of the Proud Mode stage 3, not coliseum. Ignore me rofl

Boogiepop

Awesome, the Munny mission popping up at a good time near a level up and the half ap thing means my munny is back at a respectable 800,000 or so, which should be enough to get me through today. Now I just need to manage to get some more Yen Sids to drop from that one darn stage...

N30RYU

JbrP54o.jpg

Feels good once you can have 3 6* and 2 5*

BluePikmin11 other than the Saturday/Sunday event Yen Sid can be a random reward for beating the Guard Armor strike. (just repeat the level 57 3 times beating eveybody and the Guard Armor will appear)

Aslo:
Cheshire Cat: Quest 63
Merlin: Quest 158
Fairy Godmother and Yen Sid: Quest 174

I'm good. I'd rather $15 on a cool event and then do 5 daily draws then.

Assuming the deal is still around, of course. The labelling and naming, including up to when it credits you 'only 1700' jewels seems to suggest it's a limited-time thing.
It seems to be a once per week thing, which is deceptive a bit in advertising.
I mostly buy it since no time-restricted quest and half AP is worth $15 more than the jewels honestly.
You can do it F2P, but I don't have the schedule for it.

Joqu

How in the world did I become the leader of a party? Some rando sent me an invite so I figured I'd join it since I didn't have one, but I don't see how that'd put me in charge. D:

lionpants

Does anyone know how to trigger "Attack Boost All I" in the keyblade material special quest today? My Sora has the ability and swiping doesn't appear to trigger it. Does it not work on one enemy? If so, isn't that objective impossible then?

N30RYU

Does anyone know how to trigger "Attack Boost All I" in the keyblade material special quest today? My Sora has the ability and swiping doesn't appear to trigger it. Does it not work on one enemy? If so, isn't that objective impossible then?
Are you sure you have the "Attack Boost All 1" and not the "Attack Boost 1"?? Aren't the same

You should be able to do it if you do the multiple attack even if there's only one enemy.

Zebei

Pretty sure all skills have a % chance of triggering. Assuming you are doing the attack to hit all enemies you may just be getting screwed by RNG

Permanently A

Make sure it says Attack Boost All I and not Attack Boost I, they're separate. Attack Boost All triggers off a swipe attack, not a special or a tap. Also its only a chance to trigger so you might get unlucky.

lionpants

Make sure it says Attack Boost All I and not Attack Boost I, they're separate. Attack Boost All triggers off a swipe attack, not a special or a tap. Also its only a chance to trigger so you might get unlucky.
Ya, my Sora's is "Attack Boost All I", my Goofy is "Attack Boost I".

Goofy's appears to be triggering off swipes as well as taps. But Sora's hasn't triggered at all from swipes and supposedly has a 63% chance. :S

Knowing this... does that mean that Attack Boost with the "All" postfix is significantly worse than plain old Attack Boost since it can't be triggered by both attacks like Attack Boost can?

I guess I'll just keep trying. I'm glad they fixed the AP on special quests. :)

Thanks guys.

Permanently A

Ya, my Sora's is "Attack Boost All I", my Goofy is "Attack Boost I".

Goofy's appears to be triggering off swipes as well as taps. But Sora's hasn't triggered at all from swipes and supposedly has a 63% chance. :S

Knowing this... does that mean that Attack Boost with the "All" postfix is significantly worse than plain old Attack Boost since it can't be triggered by both attacks like Attack Boost can?

I guess I'll just keep trying. I'm glad they fixed the AP on special quests. :)

Thanks guys.

Yes All is worse.

Can you get Wizard Mickey evolve medal anywhere in the story or do you have to wait for the daily?

Guard Armor raid boss but only if its high level

So, as someone who just finished the basic tutorial, what can I do to maximize my experience with the game?

I have to say that a couple of systems (mostly to do with medals) pretty much went over my head, but I'm 1-turning every enemy encounter and finishing every objective so far, so I guess I'm doing something right.

lionpants

Yes All is worse.

Guard Armor raid boss but only if its high level
Ah cool, didn't know that. Is it possible to summon specific raid bosses or is it random after killing X (80 something) amount of heartless?

Also, how exactly are Skills assigned to medals? Can medals that are found come with skills? I have obtained medals with skills the following ways so far...

- Bought from store
- Infused from another medal with a skill (20% chance)
- Infused from a specific skill medla

N30RYU

So, as someone who just finished the basic tutorial, what can I do to maximize my experience with the game?

I have to say that a couple of systems (mostly to do with medals) pretty much went over my head, but I'm 1-turning every enemy encounter so far, so I guess I'm doing something right.

Just play and don't do 300 Pulls. If you can wait to have 3000 do a 10 pull that grants you a 5* if you can't wait just do 600 pulls. And don't buy jewel outfits till you're in the endgame to be able to fit two or more 6* in your team.

Also if you're not interested in an outfit per se. just spend the outfit coins buying the AP HP and cost orbs 'cause they are not tied to the outfit.

eefara

I have to say that a couple of systems (mostly to do with medals) pretty much went over my head, but I'm 1-turning every enemy encounter and finishing every objective so far, so I guess I'm doing something right.

I'd focus on making sure you know the best way to max a medal as you upgrade it. Even if you choose not to, it could save you some grinding in the future.

Just play and don't do 300 Pulls. If you can wait to have 3000 do a 10 pull that grants you a 5* if you can't wait just do 600 pulls. And don't buy jewel outfits till you're in the endgame to be able to fit two or more 6* in your team.

Also if you're not interested in an outfit per se. just spend the outfit coins buying the AP HP and cost orbs 'cause they are not tied to the outfit.

So doing the "buy 10 medals at once" option gives you a guaranteed 5-star medal? Interesting.

How does the medal upgrading system work?

N30RYU

Ah cool, didn't know that. Is it possible to summon specific raid bosses or is it random after killing X (80 something) amount of heartless?

Also, how exactly are Skills assigned to medals? Can medals that are found come with skills? I have obtained medals with skills the following ways so far...

- Bought from store
- Infused from another medal with a skill (20% chance)
- Infused from a specific skill medla

Doing the quest 57 three times killing everyone will summon you the Guard Armor Strike. With 19AP you can run the stage 57 3 times, one run at the strike for 0 cost and another run for 10AP that will level you up if you're at lvl ~115 or under

Also if a medal have a 10/10 leveled skill it has a 100% succes rate to give it to another medal, (becoming a lvl 1/10 skill)

N30RYU

Gotcha. I guess I'm just better of getting AP nodes in Avatar Boards until Sunday so I can get a good amount of Mickey medals then.

As said before with 19AP you can run the stage 57 3 times killing every enemy, one run at the strike for 0 cost and if necesary another run for 10AP that will level you up if you're at lvl ~115 or under.

Just be sure to have enough AP to run the Mickey event once or twice and have 19AP left to level up. The event wil need 30 AP, so with 49AP you should be able to farm the Mickey event everytime you want

Primus

So doing the "buy 10 medals at once" option gives you a guaranteed 5-star medal? Interesting.

Quite often, you'll get 2 or 3 5*s in that 10-pull.

To level up medals, you fuse other medals to them. The ones to use are the Huey/Dewey/Louie medals, as they're specifically XP-only medals. Fuse the same colors together for bonus XP. Each medal you fuse raises the cost of the next fusion, so you want to use as few medals as possible to level up in order to save costs.

Once the medal hits max level for its tier, it can be evolved to the next tier. That requires a number of specific evolution medals depending on the medal's tier. Going from 1->2 requires one Cheshire Cat medal. 2->3 needs two Merlins. 3->4 needs 3 Fairy Godmothers.

4->5 and 5->6 need special Yen Sid and tier-appropriate Flora/Fauna/Merriweather medals. You can get the evolution medals from their specific events, or they have a very rare chance of dropping in specific levels.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
so i gave the game an honest shot

there's basically no substance here under the hood and the lack of any real sprite work is just lazy

how do i give up my spot in the clan? i was in the first one created

eefara

What's this "way to max a medal" you speak of?

Essentially getting it up to 6* with full yellow dots and a high Guilt (though that's more random).

6ZeY7wT.png

That's seen as a pretty effective method for the least headache fusing medals and yellow dots up with farmable medals.

I'm honestly a fan of the 3 pulls for 600 jewels daily. Ends up netting you 15 medals vs 10 medals from the 3000 pull. While you aren't guaranteed a 5*, it's really not that big of a deal, since all medals can be upgraded to 6* eventually.

lionpants

Essentially getting it up to 6* with full yellow dots and a high Guilt (though that's more random).

6ZeY7wT.png

That's seen as a pretty effective method for the least headache fusing medals and yellow dots up with farmable medals.
Cool, I'm having trouble understanding the text on the right - is it mislabeled or something? The diagram makes sense though.

I'm honestly a fan of the 3 pulls for 600 jewels daily. Ends up netting you 15 medals vs 10 medals from the 3000 pull. While you aren't guaranteed a 5*, it's really not that big of a deal, since all medals can be upgraded to 6* eventually.
Yeah, I find that it is better to get unique medals than focus on the rating. It is not like Dokkan Battle where you can only evolve once.
Duplicates suck mostly for the fact that you have to be the same level to reap the benefit.

As said before with 19AP you can run the stage 57 3 times killing every enemy, one run at the strike for 0 cost and if necesary another run for 10AP that will level you up if you're at lvl ~115 or under.

Just be sure to have enough AP to run the Mickey event once or twice and have 19AP left to level up. The event wil need 30 AP, so with 49AP you should be able to farm the Mickey event everytime you want
Thanks for the tip! I have 53 AP so I should be good. I'm glad I'm going to be able to evolve my 5* medals to 6* pretty soon.

6ZeY7wT.png

I have no idea what I'm looking at here. @_@

Ah well, I'll understand eventually.

Top Bottom