• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingmakers Is Getting A Live Action Film Adaptation, From The Makers Of The Sonic Movie Franchise

Draugoth

Gold Member
Upcoming medieval time travelling action strategy game Kingmakers is getting a live action film from the studio behind myriad upcoming video game adaptations such as the Tomb Raider animated series and Dredge film.

Media company Story Kitchen has announced a collaboration with Kingmakers developer Redemption Road Games and publisher TinyBuild to bring the highly anticipated game to the big screen, asking the question: "What if Braveheart had time travel?"

The film doesn't have a release date yet, though neither does Kingmakers itself beyond a vague 2024. "Go back in time to a war-torn medieval era with a vast arsenal of modern weapons, change the course of history, and save the future in this action/strategy sandbox," reads the game's official synopsis. "Build your kingdom, grab a gun, and lead an army of thousands into massive, real-time simulated battles."

Source

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Animated GIF

Announcing a movie before the game is released? Admire their confidence but has that ever turned out well for a company?
Honestly I've never seen such a thing actually make it past the planning stages. There have been moments where a company would lay out a strategy for a big roll I.P. out, but once one pillar fell, whether the game, toys, movie, book, etc. They would usually put a pause on everything else.

One of the most memorable examples to me was "Swordquest" that AVGN famously covered in his early years:

maxresdefault.jpg

Where they tried to do everything including a big contest to win big prizes, but the game series failed and they hit the brakes on it all.

Top Bottom