• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

King's Quest |OT| Heir to Stay?

JP

Really hadn't been sure of whether to get this but watching my first King's Quest play through video on YouTube earlier turned it into an instant buy for me.

inm8num2

KQ is currently in the top 10 Steam best-sellers. TOG and Activision must be pleased with the launch - good reviews and seemingly good sales.

Vire

Eh? It certainly could have been marketed more, but it was at E3, they've done several trailers, and they announced the release date about a month ago. It's not as if they pushed it out there without notice.

Really? I guess GAF just didn't cover it much since that's where I get most of my game news. It's a bit odd that it wasn't included in the Summer Play promotion for PSN considering it seems like it turned out pretty well.

Nope, PS4 version is fucked. Requires an update to launch and the update is not available.

This is Grim Fandango all over again. What is it with old-school adventure game revivals on the PS4? Stop playing games with my heart.

thatJohann

Nope, PS4 version is fucked. Need an update to play and the update is not available.

This is Grim Fandango all over again. What is it with old-school adventure game revivals on the PS4? Stop playing games with my heart.

wait what's going on with the PS4 version?

Maybe......just maybe......if this does well......

.......we'll get a new Quest for Glory? God, I want to revisit that world SO BAD.

I think I would give up my GAF membership for a new GOOD Quest for Glory.

Like REALLY GOOD. 95 Metacritic and all.

:( I don't want to give my GAF account. Can I give like a lung and my liver instead?

The weird thing is that the game seemed ready to launch on my PS4 when I got up this morning. Walking toward home as I type this, will find out soon...

It looks like it should be good to go but it tells you that you need to update in order to play it when no update exists. I think the bug is that the pre-order gives you the season pass and not episode one.

inm8num2

Is there a way to upgrade an Episode I purchase to a complete purchase later on?

There's a 'Season Pass' DLC on Steam which would include the remaining episodes. Should be the same option on PS/XB.

zK47uiR.png

I think I'm done pre-ordering games on the PS Store. I've done it twice now and in both cases, a bug prevented me from playing on launch. A bug that I seemingly could have avoided by simply buying the games after they were released.

I'm really interested in checking this game out. However I am curious what version to get since I know this was primarily a PC series in the past but I am hearing this one is more console based? Is there any reason to go with PC version over PS4 if I have both platforms?

eksy

Banned
I think I'm done pre-ordering games on the PS Store. I've done it twice now and in both cases, a bug prevented me from playing on launch. A bug that I seemingly could have avoided by simply buying the games after they were released.

Same here, brother.

There is no kind of support from PSN whatsoever -- ask for a refund and they come back with 'all sales are final' line. No update on known issues, no compensation, no nothing. I just want to buy the game off Steam and not have to deal with Sony's problems. Who do I gotta talk to, to get things changed around here...

I planned on pre-ordering Everyone's Gone to the Rapture soon but now I'm reconsidering it.

I was a little nervous about this project and the art style was not how i'd imagined it to be, but after spending an hour with it so far its made a wonderful impression.

Very happy so far.

adj_noun

Pre-ordered on PS4, so it doesn't work for me either. For grins tried restoring licenses and deleting/reinstalling. No dice.

Sigh.

Vyrance

I'll buy it tonight on PC. It's discouraging though that it's recommended to use a controller over mouse and keyboard. Going to use mouse and keyboard anyway.

Karak

Only thing I didn't like so far is how it started,
no build up or anything, just starts.

FYI I assumed it was an injoke concerning the repeated telling of stories before the child arrived and how everyone keeps stating that he is retelling the same tale again and again. I agree with you and pointed it out a bit in the review. Its just..BOOM

I can see myself crying during this game at some point. Something about it is hitting me right in the feels. There was a hint in the beginning which alludes to something.
Gwendylyn (sp?) discussing her grandfather's sickness

firehawk12

Subete no aware
if we are comparing with telltale and LiS then judging form the amount of content and length of episode 1 I would say its justified
I guess Broken Age is up there in price as well, but we all know how that turned out. Still, as the one Sierra franchise I don't have any nostalgia for, I'm going to wait on it.
(It's too bad that Gabriel Knight is probably going nowhere now)

Karak

I guess Broken Age is up there in price as well, but we all know how that turned out. Still, as the one Sierra franchise I don't have any nostalgia for, I'm going to wait on it.
(It's too bad that Gabriel Knight is probably going nowhere now)

Well you could also just go and get the first episode. The money versus gametime is incredible for this title. And then choose later to jump into the fray maybe.

Does anyone who picked this up today have any insight on whether it's worth dropping $40 on the complete season? I'd rather pay $10 to try out the first episode, but if it ends up being as good as it seems, I don't want to miss the "Epilogue" episode that as of now looks like it can only be obtained by purchasing the full $40 package. Anyone else struggle with this decision?

Spoo

Does anyone who picked this up today have any insight on whether it's worth dropping $40 on the complete season? I'd rather pay $10 to try out the first episode, but if it ends up being as good as it seems, I don't want to miss the "Epilogue" episode that as of now looks like it can only be obtained by purchasing the full $40 package. Anyone else struggle with this decision?

You buying on Steam? I went ahead an nabbed the whole thing just now, but only because we can refund now. If Ep1 one is good, I won't be concerned about the other episodes.

thatJohann

just bought it. really enjoyable although already stuck on the first puzzle with the
meat the bell and the sleeping dragon
anyone figure this out?

jrcbandit

You buying on Steam? I went ahead an nabbed the whole thing just now, but only because we can refund now. If Ep1 one is good, I won't be concerned about the other episodes.

I love the Steam refund option. I also was unsure about buying the $40 option but did not want to miss out on the epilogue. Went ahead and bought the complete edition, enjoying it so far (played about 30 minutes) and if I don't like the game before the end of 2 hours I can ask for a refund.

jrcbandit

i noticed but regardless of which place the dragon seems to always spot me

For the first real puzzle in the prologue,
Drop the meat far away from the mirror. When the dragon is eating over there, then do your thing (ride a 2nd meat). You'll have enough time to get the mirror before being spotted.

JohngPR

At what time does Sony usually update the store?

It should be updated by now...usually by 5-6PM EST it's fully updated...usually. Sucks you have that problem. :(

Came on here to see what the performance was like on PS4...30fps? 60fps? Figuring whether I should get this on PS4 or PC.

thatJohann

omg this game is so enjoyable, I'm so engrossed. reminds me of dragons lair back in the day and the art style is gorgeous.

Forbes review - 9/10

From exploration to puzzle-solving to the charming story and lovely graphics, King’s Quest: A Knight To Remember is a delightful game. It takes some of the Telltale formula, then adds in a lot more action and problem-solving and combines that with a story that isn’t grim or terrible, but instead remains fun, funny and engaging. Old fans and new will find something to enjoy here, in a genre that’s all but disappeared from gaming.

Top Bottom