• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Leader of Oregon occupation Ammon Bundy, at least 8 others arrested

Status
Not open for further replies.
Journalists: What about Native American and minority rights under your secessionist scenario?

Shawn Cox: Meh. *Yeezy Shrug*

---

Feds need to prosecute EVERYONE, pls. Make an example out of these people because interrrupting federal business with loaded weapons and taking a community hostage is a very bad idea. Shawna Cox is probably on a watch list now.

The patriotism changed like shit didn't it? From 2000 to 2008 it was AMERICA FUCK YEAH PATRIOTISM IF YOU FAIL TO SUPPORT OUR GOVERNMENT THEN YOU ARE A TERRORIST, but post 2009 it's FUCK GOVERNMENT SECEDE BURN THE SYSTEM GO BACK TO THE 1800s WILD WEST FUCKERY...

What's the latest on this situation?

The lunatics are now running the asylum, on the right-wing at least.

Chichikov

So they couldn't shut off power because the grid had 24 families unless they physically do it on site at the refuge. Militants had planted people in town to do "collateral damage" if the FBI raided them.
kt1AdU8.png

PopeReal

EIRYIRB.jpg

For reference, Halfway is a very small town in eastern Oregon. Even smaller than Burns. It is however touristy due to Hells Canyon and rafting.

Does it mean anything? Probably not. But I am keeping an eye on things like this that pop up around here. This was shared on facebook but didn't gather any attention.

Still not entirely sure why these guys are trying to start up trouble in small towns and not more populated places with real federal populations. Unless these dudes really are a bunch of crybaby weaklings afraid of counter-protests.

It's a lot easier when there's basically no one around to begin with.

Still not entirely sure why these guys are trying to start up trouble in small towns and not more populated places with real federal populations. Unless these dudes really are a bunch of crybaby weaklings afraid of counter-protests.

higher white to not white ratio also local police probably don't have tanks yet

gabbo

I don't get it. Take America Back from... America? What exactly is "LOCAL Constitutional government" and how do a bunch of armed thugs represent it?

They see themselves as the well armed militia from the 2nd Amendment I would imagine.

Of course, the constitution is really only the 1st and 2nd, 9th, and 10th Amendments to these guys, but only if they get to set the terms of the 9th and 10th. Everything else can be tossed. Or at least, (and I had to google all the Amendments as I don't know them off hand) that's how it would seem to my non-American self.

PopeReal

Well I see that 1 or 2 publicly elected officials are supposed to show up at the rally in Halfway. As in show support for the Hammonds and the militia members including Ammon Bundy.

All I can say is wow.

On a side note the county sheriff declined to attend.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
There aren't any Federal Facilities in that are they can take over after the "protest" are there?

Well I see that 1 or 2 publicly elected officials are supposed to show up at the rally in Halfway. As in show support for the Hammonds and the militia members including Ammon Bundy.

All I can say is wow.

On a side note the county sheriff declined to attend.

Well, what level of Public Officials? If it's city/county personnel, I'm not surprised at all that in a rural town, a few people could be found.

PopeReal

There aren't any Federal Facilities in that are they can take over after the "protest" are there?

Well, what level of Public Officials? If it's city/county personnel, I'm not surprised at all that in a rural town, a few people could be found.

County commissioner & County commissioner chairman. Baker County has more people than Harney County for reference. Baker City itself has 10,000 people.

Federal facilities? There is a dam nearby. And probably other stuff. Haven't been there in years but there probably is knowing that area.

Tripon

County commissioner & County commissioner chairman. Baker County has more people than Harney County for reference. Baker City itself has 10,000 people.

Federal facilities? There is a dam nearby. And probably other stuff. Haven't been there in years but there probably is knowing that area.
It'll be hilarious if they actually did try to take a dam.

PopeReal

Also as I said last night I didn't see any support for this on Facebook. However looking into it this morning this might be a bigger thing than I realized. Hopefully not, I think most eastern Oregon residents just want this all to go away.

besada

Banned
Ok so I don't know how many people are still following this but someone made Pokemon TCG cards for all of the various people helping to cover and explain the mess.

It's funny because I've been following Les Zaitz and Amanda Peacher since it started. Both have been great sources of reasonable information.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom