• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Is it just me or they have better art in Europe?

EU_DH_Qualifier4.png

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
EG lost 2 towers because Corki DC'd. LoL really needs a pause feature.

Edit: EG lost the game because Corki was DC'd half the time. Ridiculous.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Archie said:

EG lost because they bad.

That was bullshit man. It's really hard to take LoL seriously as a competitive "esport." It's fun to watch, but it's lacking quite a bit.

I also want CLG to win.

Thanks, guys, I appreciate it.

Also, I got all of my cases approved. I earned an extra 65 IP all told.

Well... considering it's not much more work, really. And 10 cases a day, 7 days a week... 350 IP a week. I guess that's decent.

Edit: Rocksolid was... rock solid.

Edit 2: Wow, 40840 viewers... I haven't seen numbers like this even for SSFIV or Marvel.

I've played hundreds and hundreds of games and I've never seen DC issues like those in these matches. Ridiculous. How can these people be the best when they're running on the worst ISP's?

EXGN

Ferny73 said:
LOL another DC man these ppl's connections are being crapppp

EG wins

Obviously it's Riot's tournament servers. No way it's an issue on the user side, especially considering the fact that many of them run individual streams and never have issues.

The whole final game was fucked, they should seriously have a rematch. Hotshot's DC directly led to the loss - EG knew it would be a 4v5 and took advantage of the situation to take the mid tower.

EDIT: Thank God they are remaking. Riot redeemed.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
EXGN said:
Obviously it's Riot's tournament servers. No way it's an issue on the user side, especially considering the fact that many of them run individual streams and never have issues.

The whole final game was fucked, they should seriously have a rematch. Hotshot's DC directly led to the loss - EG knew it would be a 4v5 and took advantage of the situation to take the mid tower.

EDIT: Thank God they are remaking. Riot redeemed.

So are they going to remake game 2 also?

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
This tournament is the biggest clusterfuck I have ever seen.

I love it

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
If they want this to be taken seriously as an eSport they need to add all the eSport features that are in HoN already.

"If they want this to be taken seriously as an eSport they need to add all the eSport features that are in HoN already."

Pretty much. LoL needed (decent) speccing and replays Day 1. Pause is always super important, but it takes a back seat to those two. They needed it in beta. Riot is not hurting for money at all so I'd really like to know why these two features haven't been priority 1 since November 2009. I'm no professional, but there's no way they need a year and a half+ just to get those in and out to the public.

Teknopathetic said:
"If they want this to be taken seriously as an eSport they need to add all the eSport features that are in HoN already."

Pretty much. LoL needed (decent) speccing and replays Day 1. Pause is always super important, but it takes a back seat to those two. They needed it in beta. Riot is not hurting for money at all so I'd really like to know why these two features haven't been priority 1 since November 2009. I'm no professional, but there's no way they need a year and a half+ just to get those in and out to the public.

This makes me laugh since HoN didn't even have matchmaking until not too long ago. There's not way they needed a year and a half to develop it - but they did.

In any case - I'd rather they get their servers working properly before they add any of that. Would be nice though :)

"This makes me laugh since HoN didn't even have matchmaking until not too long ago. There's not way they needed a year and a half to develop it - but they did."

To be honest, I really don't find matchmaking to be as important, especially in a "pro" competitive context.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Archie said:

Wait, your fucking me? They actually have disconnects for these matches and allow it to continue?

Game is proof that Janna is boss and I knew it all along. I love Janna <3

"I didn't expect much more, it is season 1 for a start up anyway. As long as season 2 shows advancement and lessons learned I am okay with it."

That is true. S2 has been making competitive multiplayer games for several years now and has a ton of knowledge on what helps foster the community in their games (though not a lot of success until HoN).

They are really ****ing strong as predicted by myself and every team in the qualifier. Whale on the other hand were trolling on stream (with no delay) playing things like Jax, Eve etc. TSM walks the easy road because they were planning on cheating and Matt Marcou just proves that he doesn't know what's going on.

Gg EG, you deserved to win just not against us.

I just hope karma comes back around for Riot's competitive management. You don't deserve to run this game.

oh hotshot, you make me lol

I dunno, isn't Hotshot the Daigo of LoL? It's a competitive environment, and those teams represent the best in N.A. Sure, some teams are stronger than others, but the strongest teams get to the top anyways.

Should have made damn sure you were better than EG, and you had a second chance at it, too.

Teknopathetic said:
"I didn't expect much more, it is season 1 for a start up anyway. As long as season 2 shows advancement and lessons learned I am okay with it."

That is true. S2 has been making competitive multiplayer games for several years now and has a ton of knowledge on what helps foster the community in their games (though not a lot of success until HoN).

I didn't know S2 was around prior.

Also, I would suspect that Riot has a ton of features to release, but are probably waiting for Dreamhack to be over with to implement them. I mean, they have a totally reworked Kayle but aren't releasing her to promote game stability for the tournament. Releasing new features right now is probably not good for game stability, for either balance or client reliability.

Edit 2: Hey, my comment about their viewer numbers was somewhat prescient. Guiness just awarded LoL "Most Concurrent Online Viewers for an online North American Tournament"

caromelo

FlightOfHeaven said:
I dunno, isn't Hotshot the Daigo of LoL?

Lol? Far from it. Dude just had number 1 ranked in solo queue for a long time and that's not even his crown anymore. He also won last year's WCG when their rivals AON were basically unable to contest.

CLG is just a group of high elo solo queue players but just lack the team cohesiveness and practice to go against the type of teams who scrim and participate in tournaments actively.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
HotshotGG exemplifies the stereotypical MOBA player: a whiny kid who lays blame on everyone else and refuses to take responsibility for personal failings.

caromelo

A couple of days ago on stream he was QQing over the seeding switch and said it was unfair because he make Riot millions of dollars..

caromelo

Yeah but the constant whining was getting too much. We all know it probably wasn't the best decision but at some point you have to just focus on winning. It'll be interesting then if Rock Solid beats Epik.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom