• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazed

Uchip said:
playing only 1 hero
you will never get good at the game

Not necessarily although I know why playing lots of heroes have its benefits. I know how to play against most of the other champions in the game and that's what matters to me, I don't need to play them to know their skills =p

Uchip

Banned
Blazed said:
Not necessarily although I know why playing lots of heroes have its benefits. I know how to play against most of the other champions in the game and that's what matters to me, I don't need to play them to know their skills =p

its more than that though
you need to know the ins and outs of each hero
plus you need to counter pick the other team or at least help make a decent team composition

BluWacky

Uchip said:
its more than that though
you need to know the ins and outs of each hero
plus you need to counter pick the other team or at least help make a decent team composition

He's not playing ranked, though, so it doesn't matter so much. It's a bit selfish, but as long as he doesn't start instalocking Trynda in ranked and spamming WHO TANK???? in chat he'll be okay :p

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
yo I only play Lux, and look how I turned out.
I stick with Janna, Lux, and Sona. Support girls ho! But its why why I stick to unranked. If I need to switch to a dps. I can easily, but it takes awhile for my playstyle to adjust back to being aggressive instead of reactionary.

Ori may get added too. Heh.

EXGN

BluWacky said:
He's not playing ranked, though, so it doesn't matter so much. It's a bit selfish, but as long as he doesn't start instalocking Trynda in ranked and spamming WHO TANK???? in chat he'll be okay :p

I usually do the opposite: pick Alistar and shout WHO DEEPS!? Then my team picks all AP and I curse at them in Spanish and intentionally feed.

Side note: Played a few games as Nunu last night. Super fun character - nothing better that watching your team handle a fight and then flashing in behind with a quick ice ball and ult.

Kozak

Banned
EXGN said:
I usually do the opposite: pick Alistar and shout WHO DEEPS!? Then my team picks all AP and I curse at them in Spanish and intentionally feed.

Side note: Played a few games as Nunu last night. Super fun character - nothing better that watching your team handle a fight and then flashing in behind with a quick ice ball and ult.

Joke?

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Zomg, Riot made a hero that's not a rehash of some other hero!

At least that is my first impression of orianna, need to play her but I'm stuck in yurop.

Haly

Malady, Rageblade, Hextech?

Maybe Bloodrazor.

Kozak

Banned
Uchip said:
amumu + oriana = op as fuck

Amumu + most champs = op as fuck

Nunu
Brand
Galio
Katarina
Rammus
Irelia
Xin
Miss Fortune
Gangplank

so on....

Amumu is really the ultimate initiator and goes well with most champs in team fights.

With my friends we used to go a Nunu, Urgot, Olaf and Amumu combination with the 5th just being allowed to play whoever.

I'd play Nunu as straight AP starting with ROA first and in every team fight with Amumu we would pretty much force the opposition team to buy magic resist over armour which then resulted in Olaf and Urgot just picking off the team.

2th

Banned
Teknopathetic said:
I kinda wanna try Hybrid Orianna.

She has a range of 550 which is the same as people like MF and Vayne. so theoretically she could work. But it is the same reason why you dont play DPS annie. She has AP ratios not AD and her base attack speed and damage are subpar. If you want anything, rod of ages, deathcap, lichbane and then a rageblade or nashors tooth would work.

Uchip

Banned
Kozak said:

you put the ball on amumu before he dives, then he gets extra health/protection buff and a bonus duration of crowd control if you wait a second before ulting yourself

these were the 2 games we rolled that combo
hmm2.jpg

Uchip

Banned
2th said:
She has a range of 550 which is the same as people like MF and Vayne. so theoretically she could work. But it is the same reason why you dont play DPS annie. She has AP ratios not AD and her base attack speed and damage are subpar. If you want anything, rod of ages, deathcap, lichbane and then a rageblade or nashors tooth would work.

her normal attack scales to AP though so theres no point

red13th

Kozak said:

Nunu
Brand
Galio
Katarina
Rammus
Irelia
Xin
Miss Fortune
Gangplank

so on....

This reminds me of when I started playing. I played only Amumu and Garen and around level 20 befriended this guy who played mostly Galio. We'd go Galio+Amumu and it was inevitably pure and total rape. I don't think I ever lost a game when we duo'd.
Of course that was when Galio was new, before they meganerfed him.

Communitie's thoughts of Galio pre-WCG:

"haha what a uselesssss champ"

"lol shit tier champ"

"queue-dodge material"

---

Hotshot picks Galio in WCG;

After game, Galio is moved to tier1, place 1 of Elementz tier list.

Community thoughts of Galio:

"OMG OP NERF RIOT"
"RIOT SUX WORST BALANCESRS OEVER"
"GOD I CAN'T WAIT FOR DOTA2 IM LEAVN THIS SHIT FOREVA RIOT SUCKS SO BAD"

Blazed

BluWacky said:

I don't mind learning a few other heroes , but will it really be selfish of me if i instantlock trynda when i know that's how i can support my team the best =p?

Haly

How long did it take for the LoL community to discover the joy (and sorrow) that is Irelia?

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
How long did it take for the LoL community to discover the joy (and sorrow) that is Irelia?

pretty fast. her natural CC reduction has always made her a beast and her ability to burst and heal was insane. Then she got hit with the nerf bat. she is solid still but no where near the monster she used to be.

2th said:
pretty fast. her natural CC reduction has always made her a beast and her ability to burst and heal was insane. Then she got hit with the nerf bat. she is solid still but no where near the monster she used to be.

Oh dear, her lane sustainability which made her OP is now where it should be.

She's still a monster. (Someone who mains Irelia, by the way)

edit: Yeah her Q also got hit, but that doesn't matter as E should be maxed anyway.

Uchip said:
then why do you have Jax as your avatar?

Grandmaster at Arms, motherfucker.

(Who wants a piece of the champ?)

--

Also, everyone should know how badass of a motherfucker Jax is.

The reason he has a lamppost as a weapon is because the League outlawed him having a real weapon because of his badassery.

Yeah, he's that badass.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
2th said:
I never found her too much trouble pre-nerf. Against squishies I could see it. The reduction to CC, self heal, and quick charge were brutal. Against heavier characters who could eat the damage or self heal themselves, not too much of a problem.

Neki

Uchip said:
you put the ball on amumu before he dives, then he gets extra health/protection buff and a bonus duration of crowd control if you wait a second before ulting yourself

these were the 2 games we rolled that combo
hmm2.jpg

note: I carried uchip in these matches, so don't be fooled.

2th

Banned
shintoki said:
I never found her too much trouble pre-nerf. Against squishies I could see it. The reduction to CC, self heal, and quick charge were brutal. Against heavier characters who could eat the damage or self heal themselves, not too much of a problem.

except when she got fed. triforce, veil, merc treads, and anything else and she would still melt tanks. her true damage is still a force to be reckoned with.

red13th

Legato.Reborn- said:
Communitie's thoughts of Galio pre-WCG:

"haha what a uselesssss champ"

"lol shit tier champ"

"queue-dodge material"

I remember one massively upvoted post in the official forums on a "how abilities should actually read" thread that said something like "Idol of Durand: Enemies around Galio gain free Gold".
My sole experience with Galio was this buddy of mine and he curbstomped, so I didn't really understand this. I thought it was because we were all noobs playing against noobs.
Cut to a few months later, Phreak said Idol of Durand was the strongest ability in the game after Twitch's ultimate was nerfed.

Pretty sure Idol of Durant requires a team to take advantage of it. People have to coordinate in order to maximize its effectiveness. It has such a huge AoE and it locks down an entire team for a long time.

Solo queue is a terrible place for him, because there's little to no coordination.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Halycon said:

I stopped playing Irelia after they nerfed the AP ratio of her stun, hybird used to be a really good build when her stun does tons of damage. Now she is just another boring off-tank =/

---

While I am waiting to log in, anyone willing to tell me how to build Ori? AP or AP/attack speed?

Well, my winning streak broke at 11. My team was just terrible, and the other team had 4 tanks.

I was Singed. I should have gone Cait, being a tank isn't worth a damn without the backup.

2th

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:

And you think you guys have difficult matches..

The other team had TheOddOne and Locodoco.

:(

i used to play with LocoDoco back around release and beta... that kid was dumber than a brick. i have no clue if he ever got smarter. somehow got carried to high elo from what i hear though.

Legato.Reborn- said:
Grandmaster at Arms, motherfucker.

(Who wants a piece of the champ?)

--

Also, everyone should know how badass of a motherfucker Jax is.

The reason he has a lamppost as a weapon is because the League outlawed him having a real weapon because of his badassery.

Yeah, he's that badass.
Eh, Jax is a fat Yi. He runs around dressing like him (but fat), trying to mimic his attacks (but fat), and wears the same goggle thing ( but a fatter version). Discuss.

caromelo

2th said:
i used to play with LocoDoco back around release and beta... that kid was dumber than a brick. i have no clue if he ever got smarter. somehow got carried to high elo from what i hear though.

Lol LocoDoco...He's the only player I know who would go all out LocoDoco.

fqTDJ.gif

(Captured from a shaky camera, but he is a facepalming for good reason lol.)

VaLiancY

Dubbedinenglish said:
Eh, Jax is a fat Yi. He runs around dressing like him (but fat), trying to mimic his attacks (but fat), and wears the same goggle thing ( but a fatter version). Discuss.
Say that to a Jax in a solo lane with a shit ton of Flat AD runes.

Neki

Uchip said:
LOL
why did singed have tele though?
and why didnt they kill the ward? especially when the other team had an ezreal
That reminds me, I should buy Ezrael next, he's like the best carry ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom