• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Touch

Anyone try roaming Morgana? Boots of Mobility, 2 Doran's Ring, 3 Lucky Pick. Sell off the Doran's mid to late game, depending, for Deathcaps. You actually don't have to roam with this build. Although it's pretty fun running Morg around the map :D

It's actually been working for me but I am not playing the best of players. (Solo Q Normal)

Requeim

EXGN said:
God I hate free Blitzcrank week. Just played a ranked game with a 3/17 Blitz and a 9/20 Shaco. Those two players counted for 80 percent of the enemies' kills. The rest of the team was good - I went 13/5 on Singed, we had a 4/2 Olaf and 11/6 Brand - but it's impossible to overcome that kinda handicap...

I had one on my team that used powergrab once or twice during the entire game. We still won but that was annoying as hell.

freeblitz.png

So I've noticed there are a bunch of the Jax PAX skin codes on Ebay but none of the Twisted Fate ones. Has anyone seen or heard of a place to find the TF one or would want to trade for something?

Neki

Requeim said:
I had one on my team that used powergrab once or twice during the entire game. We still won but that was annoying as hell.

freeblitz.png

PEOPLE ONLY REMEMBER WHEN I MISS A GRAB. ya jerks.

Ferny

I played a game as Ashe earlier today and had the best arrow ever with her but sadly with no replay, I can not show you cool pplz.

Neki

Uchip said:
Riot is so fucking slack with adding a replay feature and voice chat
HoN had that since day 1
casuals don't need or care about voice chat or replays so why would they? :p

Leezard

Uchip said:
Riot is so fucking slack with adding a replay feature and voice chat
HoN had that since day 1
Voice chat will not be implemented. The wait for replays have been horribly long. The funny thing is that a third party completed Lol replays before Riot:
http://www.leaguereplays.com/download/
Granted, it is not as good as the HoN replay, but it's "better than nothing". :lol

Leezard

Uchip said:
says who?
A Riot dev. I don't have a direct link or remember who said it, but their reasoning was basically that voice chat with LoL/HoN community sucks since there will loads of oral flaming in addition to the written flaming. (Also, I believe they said that any serious team will use vent/mumble/ts anyway, so it wasn't "needed" per their logic.)

Uchip

Banned
Leezard said:
A Riot dev. I don't have a direct link or remember who said it, but their reasoning was basically that voice chat with LoL/HoN community sucks since there will loads of oral flaming in addition to the written flaming. (Also, I believe they said that any serious team will use vent/mumble/ts anyway, so it wasn't "needed" per se.)

thats a piss poor reason
you can easily have the option to mute people
and its pretty much impossible to get a team on vent unless you are premade every single time.

Neki

Uchip said:
thats a piss poor reason
you can easily have the option to mute people
and its pretty much impossible to get a team on vent unless you are premade every single time.
who doesn't play on premades, only way to win!

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Most people are complete pussies and afraid to say something so just type it out.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Leezard said:
A Riot dev. I don't have a direct link or remember who said it, but their reasoning was basically that voice chat with LoL/HoN community sucks since there will loads of oral flaming in addition to the written flaming. (Also, I believe they said that any serious team will use vent/mumble/ts anyway, so it wasn't "needed" per their logic.)
Riot makes a lot of stupid bullshit up. A simple "Turn Voice Chat On/Off" button would fix any oral flaming.

Kozak

Banned
Went on a crazy winning streak yesterday with friends. Best night of LoL in a while.

Got my rank points back to 1204, started winning and getting the feel of 3v3 premade ranked.

Maokai really is a great tank but the only problem is you'll never get recognised for it. Nobody realises it when you're playing but 20% reduced damage is a shit load.

I need to refocus on Brand a bit :( Getting mad weak on him.

Kozak said:
Went on a crazy winning streak yesterday with friends. Best night of LoL in a while.

Got my rank points back to 1204, started winning and getting the feel of 3v3 premade ranked.

Maokai really is a great tank but the only problem is you'll never get recognised for it. Nobody realises it when you're playing but 20% reduced damage is a shit load.

I need to refocus on Brand a bit :( Getting mad weak on him.

gj on your elo, i've got a friend trying to get back up to 1200 but he can't seem to do it lol

I'm going for 2k myself, going to be hard though!

Uchip

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
gj on your elo, i've got a friend trying to get back up to 1200 but he can't seem to do it lol

for what
solo queue?
dont play on Fridays

Uchip said:
for what
solo queue?
dont play on Fridays

yeah solo, 1617 elo on 5s right now but i can't realistically expect that to go much higher since my team keeps getting queued against fucking regi and them late at night..

so annoying not having teams around our experience level

you either stomp the 1200-1500 teams (casuals) or you get the clg/tsm/rs teams (2k + elo)

Kozak

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:

Thanks! Yeah it does get hard trying to get back up to 1200. You hit a lot of walls on the way up.

2k sounds crazy. Any ambitions by your team to try for DreamHack next season?

Kozak said:
Thanks! Yeah it does get hard trying to get back up to 1200. You hit a lot of walls on the way up.

2k sounds crazy. Any ambitions by your team to try for DreamHack next season?

We're getting more and more serious as time goes on, hopefully one day you guys will recognize me in a stream for a tournament! :)

We just signed up for WCG though, so we'll see how that goes. (Match tomorrow)

The biggest problem for us right now though is communication, we're still very bad at reading each others movements and that tends to lose us some games.

red13th

Requeim said:
http://www.demaciancomics.com/albums/userpics/10008/freeblitz.png

LOL.
I just bought Blitz (didn't see he was free, d'oh) but he's so hard to play. No idea how to build him, I'm getting Trinity, Banshee's, Frozen Heart and whatever.
He's rewarding when you actually manage to do stuff right.

Ferga

Spruchy said:
Keep crashing in-game to bugsplat, anyone know what it could be?

i'm getting that too! fuck it's annoying

It's to do with your computer. I've read some threads on it and apparently its to do with adobe air, directx or duplicated copies of the game. Formatting seems to work for a lot of people so try that

EXGN

red_13th said:
LOL.
I just bought Blitz (didn't see he was free, d'oh) but he's so hard to play. No idea how to build him, I'm getting Trinity, Banshee's, Frozen Heart and whatever.
He's rewarding when you actually manage to do stuff right.

I usually do a tank/AD hybrid. Start with mana crystal + 2 HP pots > Tear + Boots > Sheen > CDR boots > Tank item (preferably something that gives you mana like Banshees or Frozen) > Manamune > Situational - Triforce if your team needs more power, tank items if you need more defense.

My strategy is to just work up a HUGE pool of mana so I can outlast other DPS. When I fight one-on-one with a melee chara, I'll be doing upward of 600ish damage with my powerfist, like 200 AD autoattacks with speed buffs from W and 300 from the Ult's passive. Meanwhile, my mana pool will be like 3K by the end of the game, so the other DPS will have to go through my 2.5K worth of hit points and then an additional 1.5K from my manashield (passive).

It's pretty easy to max out Tear - because W no longer slows at the end, you should be using it all the time, with CDR boots+Frozen or Ramuens, it will come off CD right when the effect ends. Same with Powerfist - CDR should be down to maybe 2-3 seconds at max level + the right items.

Blitz is tough to use, but he's definitely a character that will help you improve at the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom