• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

Yeah, my guess is that Riot is building up a lot of content to counter the release of Dota 2. I could see Magma Chamber, Project Shiny and a bunch of new features all launching around the time of Dota 2 to add more reason to stick with LOL.

Yeah, wouldn't be surprised if they were gearing up to counter DotA 2.

Edit: Hey, does anyone know where I can get the .dmg for this game? Riot has stopped handing it out, and I deleted mine. A friend just got a Mac (their old PC died) and wants to continue playing.

I tried to zip it, but it's 3.5 GB. Unless there's a filehosting website that'll let me share that?

Flare

Played LoL last night and had an amazing game. I had actually disconnected twice, and when I came back our team's turrets were down to one bottom lane turret, and all three inner turrets.

We were constantly defending and during this our minions managed to destroy a turret (we had destroyed 2 bottom and one mid and the minions destroyed the top turret). After we lost the bottom turret, and all three inner turrets and inhibitors over a period of time while we were defending.

That's where everything changed, our defending was so badass that we won every single team fight and slowly pushed past their mid and bot lanes all the way to the nexus turrets and destroyed them (during this the team decided to backdoor us, but one of our teammates was dead and revived just in time to defend our nexus turrets). We destroyed the nexus and won.

It was the closest match I've ever played and it was amazing.

KJTB

So I just started getting into LoL and I have to say that it's pretty damn fun. I never really played DOTA but figured that because LoL is free I might as well give it a shot. Very glad that I did :)

I currently play with Ashe, Poppy (loooove poppy), and Alistar.

If anyone wants to play games add me! username: KJTB

IBdzv.png

Jaximus real terror, REAL FUCKING TERROR.

Jazzy Network said:

Yeah former name iTroll.

Now, UnknownFactors.

I picked that shitty name back in beta when I thought I was only going to be playing this for a few months at most.

Well, now that all of 4chan plays this game the name doesn't really help you out when coordinating.

"WAT, Y I LISTEN TO SOMEONE WHO NAEM IS TROLL, U TROLL"

"sighhhhh"

drkOne

How many EU players around here? I'm tired of playing with pubs...

I also have an US account around level 10 from the Beta, if everyone here is playing on US servers, and usually have free spots for me to tag along.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I've purchased two boosts (waste of money), and a handful of champion skins.

I personally know the artist who did that pony Janna :) She'll be glad to know you appreciate it to such an extent. I'm glad you folks enjoyed the pony contest.

EXGN

Haha, count me in the freeloading group that hasn't spent a dime on the game :p I've come very close sometimes though.

red13th

I've probably spent over $50 (been playing since Galio release, around September I think). I got skins to my favourite champs like Emumu, Commando Garen and Reindeer KogMaw (my favourite skin ever!).
My boyfriend's on the other hand has spent so much money already, he's addicted to skin and skin sales. He even makes a post on the official boards after each sale announcement, tracking which skins have already gone into sale and which ones are probably going to be put on sale. Apparently there's a pattern to that.

Ferny

FlightOfHeaven said:
I aim to have every rune x9, so that I can make the best rune page for any champ.

I am also bananas.
I am in your boat. I try to have as many x9 runes as I can so I can have the best rune set for any champ I want to play. I am not really into skins though.

2th

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
You can have more than 10 rune pages?

I really want to get 10 rune pages. 3 just doesn't cut it.

Riot gave away a free rune page a while back for some reason or the other and then they released the 7 page pack (i bought it with IP lol) so with the 3 you have from the start, the extra they gave for free and the 7 i got for ip i have 11 pages. i am sure i am not the only person like this but you cannot get more than 10 anymore. only way to get 11 is if riot gives out another free page.

phinious said:
How do you build your Jax? I just bought him but havent tried him yet. I see some people get 2 ninja tabi on him for dbl the dodge...

If more than 2 AD, Ninja Tabi.

Else, Merc Treads.

do these other teams not have casters on them? or any stuns?

Of course they do, that's why you don't initiate unless you have QSS in your bag.

2th

Banned
Legato.Reborn- said:
If more than 2 AD, Ninja Tabi.

Else, Merc Treads.

Of course they do, that's why you don't initiate unless you have QSS in your bag.

meh... jax, like any other melee physical dps is highly susceptible to casters and CC. ryze, morganna, lux,... one snare and jax gets boned.

Kozak

Banned
2th said:
meh... jax, like any other melee physical dps is highly susceptible to casters and CC. ryze, morganna, lux,... one snare and jax gets boned.

Catch any1 1v1 with jax and you'll destroy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom