• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I have honestly done a single solo queue ever. It went quiet well and we won in the end.

The main reason I don't do it is I simply don't have the urge to play alone.

undu

Gez said:
I dont get this why does that WW have 3 Infinity Edges? Sure he gets 75% crit chance and 240 extra Attack Power, but surely he would of better benefited from 2 Bloodthirsters instead?

Maxed out just 2 will give you 200 extra Attack power and 50% Lifesteal.
That's probably lack of experience, he got a load of money and didn't know what to do with it. I didn't get an archangel's staff, picked a void staff instead of an abyssal scepter, etc. so he's not the only one there.

Mind that I'm still level 19 and I don't get to play with very good or experienced players very often.
I'd get raped otherwise :p

What the hell is wrong with the european servers? I'm going to try with american ones to see if it's playable :/

Boken

Banned
NA is alright.

I'm guessing theres no neoGAF chatroom in use?

There's a laning Tryndamere build... I think its crit reds with AP blues. Gives him a huge amount of HP gain.

When I first encountered this build I laughed because I was facing a Trynd mid as Cait... but then I soon found out that my harass was completely ineffective. : (

shintoki said:
I get maybe 1 bad game out of 7 or 8 while solo queue. I don't understand why almost all of you have terrible experiences.

Same. I generally have good luck in most games. I get maybe 1 game out of 5 in any given game mode where it just is stupid, but the rest are really fine and quite fun.

Boken

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
And watch everyone instalock a carry, haha no than- oh wait they do that EVERYWHERE

AHFGHEDGhdh
Lately nobody has been playing carries. I got tired of having to pick Caitlyn all the time. I do wish more people jungled though.

You should duo-queue ranked to get out of 700 at least

Uchip said:
lmao
that sounds bad

"Jungling is for pussys"

"We don't need a tank, I'm really good at playing Ashe"

"Why would you kill dragon, it's a waste of time"

"Guys, all we need to win is heal and revive, we can't lose"

" How do they get so much HP?"

Kozak

Banned
Just played a few games as Yi. Tried a new build.

Warmogs > Atmas.

I'm pretty sure that this should be the way that Yi should be played! Seriously, the problem with Yi is that he always dropped. I was pushing 3.3k HP, 212 damage with only atmas and E's passive.

edit:

holy mother of god. I hope someone else is watching aAa vs TSM cause Warwick from aAa just bossed TSM!

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
6FgUH.png

I finally had a game where I didn't suck as Nunu.

(The Deathcap was a joke item after the game had already been decided)

Kozak

Banned
Archie said:
6FgUH.png

I finally had a game where I didn't suck as Nunu.

(The Deathcap was a joke item after the game had already been decided)

Why is deathcap a joke? AP Nunu is where its at son. Morde and Soraka were tanking so you might aswell have gone a bit more AP :)

I usually go ROA first if I'm playing AP Nunu,

zlatko

Banned
Wrapped up the tutorials and was enjoying myself. I ended up buying Ryze for my first champion and I'll be using him until I'm more familiar with the game.

I was definitely liking this game more than HoN.

CrazedProfessional said:
*play solo ranked*
*ELO drops below 700*
Haha, fuck this game
*continues playing solo ranked*

Play with GAF, bro. My win % has gone up, and now I'm at 326/345 w/l. I was once at a 40~ deficit :/

At any rate, these matches are being recorded, right? I want to watch the best matches. Glad to see CLG was knocked out, and that the European teams have put up a fight.

I dunno who I want to win, though.

Edit:

Has anyone noticed that they update Spectator Mode? The top middle scoreboard is different.

Kozak

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Has anyone noticed that they update Spectator Mode? The top middle scoreboard is different.

Updated because they have a best of 3 now =] I hope the spectator mode we get is exactly the same as this.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Archie said:
http://i.imgur.com/6FgUH.png[/IMG

I finally had a game where I [i]didn't[/i] suck as Nunu.

(The Deathcap was a joke item after the game had already been decided)[/QUOTE]
Leaver :/

My Win/Loose isn't the best, I think right now it is about 90/110.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Drkirby said:
1% is infinitely worse then 0%!

If it makes you feel better, all of my leaves were when I was brand new to the game (and MOBAs in general) and would ragequit in frustration.

My HoN leave rate is a squeaky clean 0%.

Leezard

Some really nice games today. Halfway into match 2 between aAa and TSM I didn't expect aAa to win. This was really well played.

KJTB

Congrats to Riot for getting like 210 thousand viewers on the stream, that's insane!

The HoN stuff is pretty funny tbh :p

Especially funny is that people are saying that Riot is being "Cheap" because they're advertising the stream on the league of legends website and in game menu... seriously? OH MAN, THE COMPANY WHO MAKES LEAGUE OF LEGENDS WANTS THEIR PLAYERS TO BE ACTIVE IN THE COMMUNITY AND WATCH THE HIGH LEVEL TOURNAMENTS, HOW UNFAIR!

Boken

Banned
I agree with Archie. Kinda pointless no? A lot of GAFFers play multiple games. We also respect other communites rather deciding to laugh at them. No reason for LoL players to act so smug either.

Infact, you might laugh at the other communities for acting "jealous" but what the hell is up with the attitude in that LoL thread.

KJTB

If you're talking about me I'm not being smug. I just started playing LoL and the whole community stupidity that goes on between DOTA/HoN/LoL thing is merely entertaining to watch.

I find the hatred between LoL and HoN bases to be stupid and funny, really.

Both come from the same core gameplay, they just appeal to different players. If you want DotA EXACTLY how it was, except with better graphics, a sweet interface, and a load of community options, get HoN. If you want refined/evolved game mechanics, a meta-game involving your account, and a better shopping system, get LoL.

That said, I much prefer LoL's look if only for ease of gameplay. Everything is very clearly delineated. I couldn't tell where anything started or ended in HoN, not even the bases.

Classic case of "they mad, they so mad."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom