• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boken

Banned
Ultimoo said:
What? I stay up until 6AM GMT-7 to play with uchip, unless that's early for you.
Haha yeah I'm just a poor aussie (GMT+10).

Theres a new wave of AP soraka's lately, you should try it out Gez!

Boken

Banned
Well that explains a lot. I'm rarely awake before midday since I'm a night person. Added UChip and Flight. And Neki. Unlike those other uncool people i have vent and mumble. Been playing solo queue a bit too much lately

GN: Deionarra

Boken said:
Well that explains a lot. I'm rarely awake before midday since I'm a night person. Added UChip and Flight. And Neki. Unlike those other uncool people i have vent and mumble. Been playing solo queue a bit too much lately

GN: Deionarra

YES

If only all GAFfers would follow your exemplary example.

If I had the money, I would just set up a GAF server for both Vent and Mumble so I could just post the info here and there would be no more delays and excuses when setting up GAF games.

Well, now I face the dilemma of changing my generic tank page (+36 magic resist) to a Jarvan specific one (9 Red ArmPen, 9 ManReg, 9 MagRes, 1 Quint ArmPen, 2 Quint Health), as recommended by SoloMid.

I'd only have to purchase two Health Quints and... Jarvan. I already have the Master page set up, too.

Decisions, decisions. If I do that, my Jarvan Rune page means I likely can't use other tanks.

The Gangplank buffs helped him a lot. His ult actually sort of doing damage now is a huge asset. Still not quite sure how to go about building him beyond Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer yet though.

theplank.png

Ferny

FlightOfHeaven said:
If I had the money, I would just set up a GAF server for both Vent and Mumble so I could just post the info here and there would be no more delays and excuses when setting up GAF games.
I can set up a server for us. I could do only one so up to you fine folks. I would prefer Mumble but its whatever you guys want.

2th

Banned
IsayFever said:
Good lord played a 112 minute game that we ended up winning when our Yi backdoored while we held at the nexus.

my favorite backdoors are TF, pantheon, or twitch. the best was when the other team was defending mid inhib tower and bot tower and inhib was gone. along with the nexus turrets. i stealthed into the base through bot tower and just ulted the nexus. mind you i was very very farmed and semi fed that game but it was so fun to just backdoor via stealth.

Ferny

Got us a Mumble server woo woo. Figured the quality of voice chat puts a bit of an advantage over Vent. Anyone on GAF can use it for LoL games. It's 15 slots which should be enough and I can always up that if needed.

Server Address: lolgaf.mumble.com
Port: 6923

Ferny

I don't think we've ever used that one but I don't really mind the couple bucks a month to be honest for just a server we can use. If people want to use it thats cool, if not its cool to.

Shalashaska161 said:
The Gangplank buffs helped him a lot. His ult actually sort of doing damage now is a huge asset. Still not quite sure how to go about building him beyond Infinity Edge and Phantom Dancer yet though.

theplank.png
yesterday i had a 25 kill game with triple gunblade and triple phantom

Uchip said:
im sure level28 people really care about who needs last hits......

When you are close to 30 they team you up with level 30's. All his team are level 30's you can check it on LoL (That Shen has 600+ wins) and they have a nice amount of farm considering the time the match lasted. So yeah I think they were concern about last hits ... but that Wriggles on amumu -_-.

Archie said:
I was playing with friends. :p

And yeah, I was babysitting Ashe and trying not to get last hits.

I commend you for a job well done Sir/Mam. I <3 Janna she is such an annoying champion, I remember this one time I saved my friend Shen who had like 100 health from their jungle to our middle tower (shield + shield + slow + taunt + knockup + speed boost) makes for some hilarious chases.

Uchip said:
If im playing/laning with randoms
im going to take all the last hits as support ;)

Uuugghh the horrors from Solo Q, I like to play support but it can be so frustrating with randoms. I remember a team was giving my shit cause I had very little CS as Janna.

Boken

Banned
HappyPuppy said:
Uuugghh the horrors from Solo Q, I like to play support but it can be so frustrating with randoms. I remember a team was giving my shit cause I had very little CS as Janna.
The worst is when they endlessly push the lane and get you killed! People who play carries should learn how to control creep flow at level 30 -_-

Uchip

Banned
mostly because I see them missing so many last hits I decide that its a waste
and you can tell the level of the player by the way that they lane

tbh, most gaffers tend to autoattack creeps ><

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Shalashaska161 said:

theplank.png

LOL yes, I remember I match I have, other team's gp ult on top of me, I just sit in there with sona thinking that it won't even tickle...

Then I see half of my health disappear -.- I thought it was a AP gp until i check his gear.

Uchip said:

AD Sona is the natural evolution of this belief.

Boken said:
The worst is when they endlessly push the lane and get you killed! People who play carries should learn how to control creep flow at level 30 -_-

LoL should have a better tutorial, it's sad when you see people autoattacking creeps (well it makes me smile when I see it on the enemy team and we have a jungler) at level 30, something so basic.
My favorite is seeing Vampiric Scepter as a starting item in the laning phase. Who needs a potion when you can just auto attack, heal and push the lane at level 2. Ignore the fact that lifesteal heals a percentage of the damage dealt and your damage at level 1 with a non-dmg item is laughable. Nerf potions :p.

Uchip said:

Tell me it isn't true! One of my friends does that even though we all say please don't, he doesn't listen and gets killed. Let's say he makes games challenging, he is the spicy of my LoL.

Uchip

Banned
HappyPuppy said:
LoL should have a better tutorial, it's sad when you see people autoattacking creeps (well it makes me smile when I see it on the enemy team and we have a jungler) at level 30, something so basic.
My favorite is seeing Vampiric Scepter as a starting item in the laning phase. Who needs a potion when you can just auto attack, heal and push the lane at level 2. Ignore the fact that lifesteal heals a percentage of the damage dealt and your damage at level 1 with a non-dmg item is laughable. Nerf potions :p.

Tell me it isn't true! One of my friends does that even though we all say please don't, he doesn't listen and gets killed. Let's say he makes games challenging, he is the spicy of my LoL.

its true
im guessing because many LoL players never started with DotA

Neki

Uchip said:

Without denying, I get extremely lazy sometimes. They can't last hit if you can't push them to their tower!

Uchip

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Without denying, I get extremely lazy sometimes. They can't last hit if you can't push them to their tower!

letting them think they can last hit is when you harass them though

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
yeah but then I push the lane because of my aoe harrass. :p
Why? It's much better to keep the lane tight. Play conservatively and get them into your flow. As long as you know how to last hit, you won't lose the farming game and it also denies them any ganks or kills unless they want to turret dive.

And depending on the character, Lux for example, it plays right into her. Catch em the minute they start forming a pattern in their movements and bring the hurt.

Occasional E+normal attack if they are in minion packs too is okay, to break em down or just to show them you can't be bossed around.

On lane pushing, be surprised how many players don't understand lane control at all. They'll either only last hit, even if the other person isn't there. Or continually over extend it. Or jump in their minion pile or run away from ours.

I really should give a Gaf game a try one day. See how I compare to all you higher Elo folks >_<

OR BE CARRIED GLORIOUSLY TO VICTORY! I prefer this one, it's good to be the king!

Boken

Banned
Ultimoo said:
Mmm I'm sure most people know how to last hit under towers at a decent level. Also, if theyre at their tower, you cant zone them, which I think is even more debilitating.

KJTB

So I bought lux... wow, I think I've found my favorite champion :D Out of the 10 games that I've played with her, I haven't had a legitimate loss. I say that because in one of those 10 games my team had a troll feeder and an afker :/. Most of my wins aren't just wins though, I'm dominating almost every game hahaha. I love the idea of an offensive support... I feel as though the shields add quite a bit to the team overall and combined with a snare, slow, and pew pew lazer I feel like I have a good place on a team.

Anyways, if you guys don't mind I'd love to add you to play, my summoner name is KJTB

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Good, terribad hero design was terribad for long enough.

Neki

Dipindots said:
So I bought lux... wow, I think I've found my favorite champion :D Out of the 10 games that I've played with her, I haven't had a legitimate loss. I say that because in one of those 10 games my team had a troll feeder and an afker :/. Most of my wins aren't just wins though, I'm dominating almost every game hahaha. I love the idea of an offensive support... I feel as though the shields add quite a bit to the team overall and combined with a snare, slow, and pew pew lazer I feel like I have a good place on a team.

Anyways, if you guys don't mind I'd love to add you to play, my summoner name is KJTB

why is everyone's favourite hero on GAF Lux, I don't ever see her in any random games, but you all love her for some reason.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ultimoo said:
why is everyone's favourite hero on GAF Lux, I don't ever see her in any random games, but you all love her for someone.
No clue, I guess they like her snare, skill shot, and the way her alt works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom