• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KJTB

hmkay I think I'll suck it up and save up the ip for Jarvan. Truthfully I wanted him more than Xin but I wanted some input lol

Boken

Banned
By GAF he means two people lol.

I think overall, Jarvan is better. He's very strong with just a trinity force because he has armpen, damage passive and passive attack speed. He also can enter and leave fights at will. Having an escape mechanism on such a bulky melee is pretty problematic. Once Xin goes in, he has to stay in.

Even if people flash his ult, it means he has two gap closers which is pretty dirtaay.

Card Boy

Banned
thestopsign said:
You really shouldn't be getting all of those items on Udyr. A strong Madreds + Trinity Force will be the end of most games in the first place, but if you get to beyond that, tanky is the true way to go. Banshee's, Sunfire, Spirit Visage, Guardian Angel, Force of Nature, or even Warmogs all work really well on him.

I seem to be owning so far. I think the key is just to go jungle whenever you can and just have acouple items as situational ones. I hate playing a hardcore tank.

NtlYJ.png

Boken

Banned
fush un chups

That last game was interesting. I stand by saying that you should get bloodthirster against teams with strong pokes (esp if you dont have a heal). That game wasn't a good example though lol

edit: so he can push towers, sivir style!

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Why do you use teleport instead of flash x_x

Uchip

Banned
HappyPuppy said:
... All teleport and global ults was not effective Gaf even more so when I choose Rammus. Next time let's go all heals 0.0.

eh
when servers are going down is the best time for retarded team comps

Because teleport has won me more games than flash has. Ghost is more versatile; if I'm not out of position (which I am far too often) I can often reposition myself quickly, by either running to or from an area. Teleport helps me knock down towers and catch them out of position instantly, so I can push fast and hard and force them to decide between continuing a push or breaking off to get me.

If they continue the push, I can usually down 2-3 towers in one go. If they peel off to get me, my team counterpushes and chases them.

It usually works pretty well.

Neki

Boken said:
fush un chups

That last game was interesting. I stand by saying that you should get bloodthirster against teams with strong pokes (esp if you dont have a heal). That game wasn't a good example though lol

edit: so he can push towers, sivir style!

bloodthirster does nothing when you're under a cc. a banshee's veil is a must after an infinity edge.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Frankly, I place survival in team fights/laning phase over pushing. If you win your lane, or if you deny them kills, or if you get kills, you'll get their towers down eventually.

EXGN

FlightOfHeaven said:
I have no idea how we won, but we did.

It's all because they underestimated us after I pulled my pro "stand right at the edge of bushes but not really in them and get first blooded because you're an idiot."

Boken

Banned
Ultimoo said:
bloodthirster does nothing when you're under a cc. a banshee's veil is a must after an infinity edge.
It's not about a team fight, it's the period before team fights where you get hit by pokes and end losing hp before the team fight starts. BT lets you heal it off so you can actually be useful in the fight rather than standing back spamming q because you got IE and 20% hp left. Poking meta isnt that strong anymore but in that game TF was really fed so you could eat fat card damage before a fight would start -> life steal it off.

That game was a bad example anyway because there was no real team fights... just bending over backwards stuff.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
So, it sounds like long range skill shot stun (Hopefully fast moving), shorter range normal stun, and a "Bide" move.

And if earlier reports were right, her ult should be a large damage dealing move, which she summons a "sun", and it crashes down to earth. Hoping for it to be a global alt somewhat like Patheon's (Except you not going where the ult was cast), but likely it will just summon it on top of you.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Gotta love Vlads who don't quite grasp "leashing" and sit there wailing on your blue and eventually stealing it.

drkOne

Gotta love Riot for apologizing for EU downtime, going as far as giving out RP, yet the servers are still as bad as they were before.
Fix it, then apologize for it...

Shalashaska161 said:
Anyone wanna recommend one of the 1350 ip champs? Feeling like buying someone new.
Ashe, Nunu, Amumu... Those are the ones I can remember from the top of my head that are 1350 and quite good for their IP tier.

Goon Boon

Banned
drkOne said:
Gotta love Riot for apologizing for EU downtime, going as far as giving out RP, yet the servers are still as bad as they were before.
Fix it, then apologize for it...

Ashe, Nunu, Amumu... Those are the ones I can remember from the top of my head that are 1350 and quite good for their IP tier.
Aren't nunu and ashe 450 ip?

KJTB

So I'm giving Twisted Fate some play because when I bought him I was pretty terrible and now that I understand the game more he seems like a ton of fun. I get into a match, pick twisted fate but didn't lock in, and my team immediately starts giving me shit about it. The team was balanced regardless of if I took Twisted Fate or not, but they wouldn't stop shit talking me for some reason. Anyways, instead of just arguing with them the whole game I switched to Lux to make them happy and ended up carrying the team to victory. Didn't even die. At the end one of them apologized for making me play Lux because we would have won anyway, lol.

drkOne said:

Already own all 3 unfortunately. Though I guess I haven't actually played Nunu before despite owning him. I should give him a shot.

idlewild_

Shalashaska161 said:
Already own all 3 unfortunately. Though I guess I haven't actually played Nunu before despite owning him. I should give him a shot.

nunu is awesome, one of the biggest trolls in the game. "oh, you were trying to get <insert neutral map objective>? trollololo", plus you can't stop him from snowballing

Gez said:
I seem to be owning so far. I think the key is just to go jungle whenever you can and just have acouple items as situational ones. I hate playing a hardcore tank.

NtlYJ.png

Dear lord why do you have a Last Whisper...

You do know Udyr does magic damage right? 0.o

EXGN

FlightOfHeaven said:
Cool map.

Why is this a bad idea?

From my understanding, this means players from Europe 1 won't be able to play others from Europe 2, just as North Americans can't play Europeans. I know a lot of the European teams have players from all over Europe, which means not only will the top teams be able to play against each other consistently, but it may split teams up.

Although I support this for American servers. Please split, North and South America, I don't want to play with any Morde es No. 1 Brazilians.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom