• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Archie said:
I'm fairly certain it is impossible for me to win a game if I don't play Amumu.
2zecw9w.png

Ferga

wtf strangest thing just happened. i was in a game then everyone started to dc then i dced when i logged back in the game never existed

We also won a first game just as decisively. Rumble's ult just melts other teams. Funny thing is I think we all played different roles every game and we still dominated.

EXGN

LOL, just noticed the enemy Fiddle's build. I know you don't want your Fiddle to go down in two seconds, but he had like no AP lol.

Uchip

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Well, that was incredibly frustrating.

yea what sam said is right though
two phantom dancers isnt going to do much if they have 200+ armour
and natural 30 armour pen isnt either :eek:

I always thought the bow was essential

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Generally any attack speed item is better than phantom dancers. It's just there for Trynd or for fed carries to troll the other team.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Madred's doesn't gain efficiency unless the target's above a certain amount of hp.

I turn razor into lantern in most cases, free wards ftw.

(Although you could make an argument that the magic damage punches through armor)

People have the mindset that the more expensive the item the better it must be. While it's true that once you have 6 slots filled you'll sell your lower cost items for higher cost ones, most games do not last that long and probably shouldn't last that long if you're doing your job as a carry.

Boken

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Weird. I always see DPS carries with at least one.

I probably should have switched to Whisper and Madreds.

Still, fuck.
Phantom Dancers by themselves are terrible yes. But, you always see DPS carries with a PD because it synergises very well with infinity edge. (And an IE is the best item for pure dps)

It used to be that IE and last whisper was the best dps when it gave attack speed. PD replaces that and provides crit chance to boot.

Card Boy

Banned
I miss the time when Phantom Dancers used have 20% dodge chance. I dont get why they got rid of it. Yes it was OP, but Riot should of just nerfed the dodge chance on them to 5-8%

Neki

Uchip said:
yea what sam said is right though
two phantom dancers isnt going to do much if they have 200+ armour
and natural 30 armour pen isnt either :eek:

I always thought the bow was essential

Whisper makes tanks feel like squishies again, so good.

btw any us-gaffer going to pax prime? I'd like to ask a lil favour aka skin-code sharing, since the code can be used both on us and eu indipendently without voiding the activation in the other "region" :p
If there's any gaffer willing, pm me.. Want moar skin Q_Q

Boken

Banned
If I ever run into somebody I really don't want to play with ever again I:
1. Ignore them (because I superstitiously think it lowers the chance of teaming with them)
2. Wait a few minutes before queueing again so that I'm not in queue at the same time as they are.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Usually the answer to that problem is "leave the launcher on for some time, as it'll change to online by itself".

Feature

Banned
what usually works too, is taking a champ and saying "first time *insert hero name*", it makes other people quit.

or act like the complete noob and as if a champ is AD or AP.

y2dvd

Archie said:
I finally won a game where I didn't play as Amumu...

...by going 4-7 with Malphite ;_;

You are tank, you should be dying anyways. ;P

I usually feel how you feel about Amumu also lol. It's almost a guaranteed win if I play him and the team is half decent.

BluWacky

Man, you lot are missing out on the drama by not being in EU right now.

The spectacular outpouring of racism at the EU server split is mindboggling. It's also entirely predictable - Scandinavia don't want to be in the Eastern Bloc, no-one wants to play with Russia... it's like the Eurovision Song Contest, but with geeks.

Not that it makes any difference at the moment because I can never log in anyway. I guess I'll just continue sucking at HoN instead.

BluWacky said:
Man, you lot are missing out on the drama by not being in EU right now.

The spectacular outpouring of racism at the EU server split is mindboggling. It's also entirely predictable - Scandinavia don't want to be in the Eastern Bloc, no-one wants to play with Russia... it's like the Eurovision Song Contest, but with geeks.

Not that it makes any difference at the moment because I can never log in anyway. I guess I'll just continue sucking at HoN instead.

Link us up, yo.

KJTB

y2dvd said:
You are tank, you should be dying anyways. ;P

I usually feel how you feel about Amumu also lol. It's almost a guaranteed win if I play him and the team is half decent.

So true. I just got out of a 55 minute game as amumu where I was just dominant the entire time. Went 13-4-25 :p. The team refused to engage until I bandage tossed in --> ulti. It's an amazing "GO!" trigger for teams without good communication haha

Swig_

Feature said:
what usually works too, is taking a champ and saying "first time *insert hero name*", it makes other people quit.

or act like the complete noob and as if a champ is AD or AP.

It's amazing how much hate those few words can bring. I said that once (it was true, I had bought GP like 5 minutes earlier) in champ select. My team seemed cool with it and told me to do my best.

Anyway, I had to mid as GP and died twice (I had 1 kill, btw, so I was 1/2) and my whole team started blaming EVERYTHING on me, just being jerks in general to me. By the end of the laning phase I was 3/2 (yes, a positive score) and a few others on our team were 0/8, 2/8, something else similar. Yet, I still took all the flack anytime anyone had anything bad to say. The rest of the team massively failed me and we ended up losing, but not before the other team killed me a few times after being fed to hell and back by everyone else on my team, so my ending score was like 4/7. You can imagine who they blamed for the loss.

I argued with the douchebag playing teemo on our team for 5 minutes, reminding him that most of the game I had a positive score and that his 2/8 record really was worse than mine, especially since my last several deaths were caused by the others on my team feeding the opposing team. Yet, somehow he couldn't see that. Then he started calling me a fat virgin, which I love when people do because it couldn't be farther from the truth since I'm 6'2 170 and have a gorgeous girlfriend living with me.. Total backfire. lol.

Love the community of this game.

Uchip

Banned
I think our only undefeated lane combo so far is Blitz Lux
mostly because me and bocky know each others play styles so well
unfortunately neither hero can really carry lategame

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom