• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rayven

aka surume
Keep posting Summoner names and if you're tired of solo queue, regularly add folks from the second post in this thread (I'll keep updating it).

The game gets significantly better when you play with dudes you know. Vent/Team Speak helps too so I'll post available servers when I get the chance.

Protip: To all people reading this and currently in the process of making a rune page (everyone).

DON'T GO RAW AP/AD.

Magic Pen/Armor Pen is where it's at.

Also, the optimal rune page is,

Flat Health Quints
ArmorPen/MagicPen Reds
Flat CD reduction or Mp/5 Blues
Dodge Yellows

----

@John; you are the problem with the current poking metagame. Heimer BREAKS games.

MAtgS

I wanted to give this game a try but...

lol.patcher 7/8 said:
Downloading (96% complete) 0KB/sec
Haven't gotten Blue Burst to run, couldn't get Daggerfall to work, why must freeware be such a pain for me?

Kyoufu

Legato.Reborn- said:
Protip: To all people reading this and currently in the process of making a rune page (everyone).

DON'T GO RAW AP/AD.

Magic Pen/Armor Pen is where it's at.

Also, the optimal rune page is,

Flat Health Quints
ArmorPen/MagicPen Reds
Flat CD reduction or Mp/5 Blues
Dodge Yellows

----

@John; you are the problem with the current poking metagame. Heimer BREAKS games.

I don't see the point of health quints. They only really benefit you during the laning phase. After that its virtually worthless when you conjure up gold for items with health on them. I went with MagicPen quints instead.

IcedTea

Kyoufu said:
I don't see the point of health quints. They only really benefit you during the laning phase. After that its virtually worthless when you conjure up gold for items with health on them. I went with MagicPen quints instead.
They benefit you massively during the laning phase though, and if they lead to just one single kill (which they can easily) then that snowballs to a much better lategame advantage than any other quint can provide.

^

Kyoufu said:

And that's where it begins.

The lane with a Kat at 700/800 (if dorans shield) will beat the other Kat at 500/600, or an Ashe at 400/500.

Though, I'm not too against pen runes at any level because of the rape they do. (Also some like move speed quints)

Kyoufu

Legato.Reborn- said:
^

And that's where it begins.

The lane with a Kat at 700/800 (if dorans shield) will beat the other Kat at 500/600, or an Ashe at 400/500.

Though, I'm not too against pen runes at any level because of the rape they do. (Also some like move speed quints)

I play as Akali exclusively and while she isn't as good as some others during laning, by going 9/21/0 I have enough health/survivability to use anything but health quints.

I will say this though, dodge runes are amazing.

Kyoufu said:
I play as Akali exclusively and while she isn't as good as some others during laning, by going 9/21/0 I have enough health/survivability to use anything but health quints.

I will say this though, dodge runes are amazing.
9/21/0 sounds like Akali's score.

Inskipp

I play a shit ton, so I'd be interested on queuing up with you guys.

My summoner ID is Inskipp . I play on both EU and US, but I mainly play in EU.

Feel free to add me on either client.

I won all three of my games tonight because I queued up with people in my friend's list. One game I managed to get five kills with Rammus before the ten minute mark due to taunt. Then I got no more kills the rest of the game, and instead got about thirty assists.

Another game we won against a Heimer (focus exclusively on him). Then another game we won against a Taric, Morgana, Ashe, Rammus, and Maliphite. We all thought we were screwed, but our Akali raped mid against Ashe.

You're surprisingly good for a lvl10 Guillotine. Good game.

Just a reminder to the rest of you, Season 1 is being previewed on G4 tonight at 9:30 EST. Then it should launch, tomorrow or Wednesday.

Me (Tristana), EviLore (Jax), and Warcock (Ashe), just had an epic comeback against a Heimerdinger, Mundo, and Shaco. Heimerdinger...Heimerdingered his way to our nexus (Even saying GG at one point), but we sat and farmed up for a good 15 minutes until we were absurdly fed and completely outleveled them, then sent Evilore to push to their tower and win while we were able to instantly kill them as they attempted to kill our nexus.

Never give up!

eznark

Banned
wow that was fucking worthless. Cool cinematic no doubt, but then they just say "go to leagueoflegends.com for more info."

Lame.

I guess the "big season one exclusive!!!!" was just a cinematic trailer.

Rogosh

eznark said:
wow that was fucking worthless. Cool cinematic no doubt, but then they just say "go to leagueoflegends.com for more info."

Lame.

I guess the "big season one exclusive!!!!" was just a cinematic trailer.
The $100,000 tournament was the big reveal.

thestopsign said:
You're surprisingly good for a lvl10 Guillotine. Good game.

Just a reminder to the rest of you, Season 1 is being previewed on G4 tonight at 9:30 EST. Then it should launch, tomorrow or Wednesday.
Thanks, but I can't wait till i get a new champ. I'm not doing too hot with Panth right now.

IcedTea

eznark said:
Which is funny because their site already goes down like nine times a week so I'd bet a lot of money that it's going to be down for at least a few hours now.

VaLiancY

Teknopathetic said:
Me (Tristana), EviLore (Jax), and Warcock (Ashe), just had an epic comeback against a Heimerdinger, Mundo, and Shaco. Heimerdinger...Heimerdingered his way to our nexus (Even saying GG at one point), but we sat and farmed up for a good 15 minutes until we were absurdly fed and completely outleveled them, then sent Evilore to push to their tower and win while we were able to instantly kill them as they attempted to kill our nexus.

Never give up!

Comebacks are always amazing.

Backdooring as Yi, I know the feeling.:lol

Smash88

Banned
My username is Smash88.

Level 30, 265 wins - 241 loses. (All in 4 months)

I main Shaco:

132 wins - 106 losses

2238 kills - 1331 deaths - 1434 assists

If you want to play hit me up.

And yes I kind of am showing off :lol

Chozo

Saw the cinematic trailer. I know this isn't entirely fair to say, but...well, I guess we know where Too Human's cinematics team wound up.

Also, summoner ID = Mauler5150

eznark

Banned
VaLiancY said:
G4TV interview up.

$100,000k pool for Season 1. I guess they made tons of money from that Cho'gath skin.:lol

That was what I was looking for on X-Play, some of that interview. Cool, excited for tomorrow!

Rayven

aka surume
Season One Patch Notes

http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=162953

Season One is here!
Ranked Games
5v5 Premade
5v5 Solo
3v3 Premade
Ladders
Draft Mode
Improved Visual Style for PVP.net and the Community Site
Story Tab in PVP.net and Issue 1 of the Journal of Justice
All Random Mode in Practice Games

We will be updating League of Legends and PVP.net during Season 1 Maintenance

New Skins in the Store
Commando Xin Zhao
Imperial Xin Zhao
Unmasked Kayle
Tempest Janna

League of Legends v1.0.0.96

Xin Zhao, the Seneschal of Demacia
Three Talon Strike: Xin Zhao's next 3 standard attacks deal increased damage, with the third attack knocking an opponent into the air.
Battle Cry: Xin Zhao passively increases his attack speed and can activate this ability to further increase attack speed and lower his ability cooldowns with each attack.
Audacious Charge: Xin Zhao charges an enemy, dealing damage and slowing it and all other enemies in the area. Audacious Charge increases Xin Zhao's armor temporarily and lowers the cooldowns of all of his abilities.
Crescent Sweep (Ultimate): Xin Zhao fiercely sweeps his spear around him, dealing damage to nearby enemies based on their current health.
Tireless Warrior (Passive): Xin Zhao is healed for every 3 attacks that he lands. This amount increases every 2 levels.

Akali
Shadow Dance will now gain an Essence of Shadow charge on Champion kills and assists in addition to her standard accumulation over time method.

Amumu
Fixed an issue where Amumu's attack timing was too slow.

Alistar
Fixed an issue where Alistar's attack timing was too fast.

Cho'Gath
Vorpal Spikes will no longer trigger cast effects like Lich Bane
Vorpal Spikes will now fire even if the target is missed
Cho'Gath can now more easily Feast on any unit, including Dragon, Lizard Elder, or other very large Cho'Gaths.

Garen
Fixed a bug with Decisive Strike that would cause the icon cooldown to display improperly.

Gragas
Fixed a bug where Body Slam slowed targets that were immune to slows
Fixed a bug where Body Slam would not display a hit particle or play a sound if it hit any target that blocked the slow

Heimerdinger
H-28G Evolution Turret tooltip has been updated to show that turrets do magic damage.
CH-1 Concussion Grenade now deals 50% damage to turrets, from 100%.
CH-1 Concussion Grenade cooldown increased to 13/12/11/10/9 from 12/11/10/9/8

Kassadin
Netherblade has been redesigned:
Passive: the mana drain component removed and replaced with a flat 4/8/12/16/20 mana restore on hit. This effect returns triple the mana against champions.
Active: Kassadin gains 7/15/25/38/50 Armor Penetration for 5 seconds. 15 second cooldown. 30/40/50/60/70 mana cost. Activating this ability counts as a spell cast for the purposes of Force Pulse.
Null Sphere projectile speed increased to 1150 from 900
Void Stone (Passive)
The attack speed effect from Void Stone has been changed so that it stacks and renews instead of replaces on spell impact. This change will result in Kassadin gaining significantly more attack speed, and keeping it for a longer duration on average.
Duration lowered to 4 seconds from 5 seconds.

Kayle
Divine Blessing movement speed reduced to 10/12/14/16/18 from 12/14/16/18/20.
Righteous Fury splash damage no longer affects turrets.

Kog'Maw
Fixed a bug where Zilean’s Chronoshift would not prevent Kog’Maw from dying

Malzahar
Nether Grasp range increased to 575 from 450
Fixed a bug where the stun component of Nether Grasp would not break even if the channel was broken.

Nunu
Nunu can now more easily Consume any unit, including Dragon and Lizard Elder.

Olaf
Ragnarok now displays "Cannot be Disabled!" when it blocks a debuff

Pantheon
Spear Shot mana cost increased to 45 at all ranks from 30/35/40/45/50
Aegis of Zeonia
Cooldown modified to 12 seconds at all ranks from 20/17.5/15/12.5/10
Stun duration changed to 1/1.25/1.5/1.75/2 from 1.5
Aegis of Zeonia now properly interacts with spell shields
Heartseeker Spear
Base damage reduced to 4/6/8/10/12 from 6/9/12/15/18
Scaling damage reduced to 18/22/26/30/34% from 20/25/30/35/40%
Cooldown reduced to 20/19/18/17/16 from 26/24/22/20/18
Grand Skyfall will now apply smoother damage especially against large targets
Grand Skyfall will now properly interact with spell shields
General
Base health increased to 520 from 505
Base armor increased to 21 from 20.1
Health per level increased to 87 from 85

Poppy
Devastating Blow mana cost reduced to 55 from 65.
Paragon of Demacia mana cost modified to 70/75/80/85/90 from 60/70/80/90/100.
Heroic Charge mana cost modified to 60/65/70/75/80 from 50/60/70/80/90.

Singed
Fling can now be more easily cast on any unit, including Dragon, Lizard Elder, or a well-fed Cho'Gath

Sion
Fixed a bug with Death's Caress that was causing the cooldown on the tooltip to not be affected by cooldown reduction
Fixed a bug where Death Caress's buff tooltip would display the absorption amount as 0.00 instead of the correct amount

Soraka
Consecration Aura will no longer persist in the area around Soraka after she is killed.

Taric
Fixed a bug where Dazzle could stun for longer than 2 seconds

Twisted Fate
Pick a Card attacks are no longer subject to dodge or miss chances
Fixed a bug where Blue cards would restore mana even if the target died before the card hit

Veigar
Fixed a bug where Baleful Strike would grant Veigar AP even if the target died before the spell hit.
Dark Matter ability power ratio increased to 1.0 from 0.8.
Primordial Burst damage modified to 250/375/500 from 200/350/500.
Primordial Burst ability power ratios increased to 1.0 from 0.8 (both from Veigar and the target)

Zilean
Fixed a bug where replacing an enemy Time Bomb wouldn't cause the deactivation explosion
Fixed a bug where replacing your own Time Bomb caused more damage than intended from ability power
Fixed a bug where the Time Bomb explosion particle occasionally showed over fog of war
Fixed a bug where Time Bomb would occasionally remain on dead units

Items
New Item: Wriggle's Lantern
+35 Damage, +30 Armor, +14% Lifesteal
UNIQUE Passive: 20% chance on attack to deal 500 damage to a minion.
UNIQUE Active: Places an invisible ward with 1100 range sight and lasts for 3 minutes. 3 minute cooldown.
Fixed a bug where Aegis of the Legion was not affecting minions
Fixed a bug with Elixir of Agility’s tooltip to correctly show that it grants 15% Critical strike
Fixed a bug where Warden's Mail and Raduin's Omen were not slowing attack speeds

Summoner Spells
Revive now increases your movement speed by 225%, diminishing to normal over 12 seconds.
Cleanse now only removes crowd controlling effects, silences and blinds. It no longer removes effects such as damaging debuffs or armor/stat debuffs
Ignite damage per level reduced to 20 from 25.

General
Champion kill experience decreased by 5%
Turret damage scaling now begins at 90% instead of 85%
Turret damage scaling per hit increased to 20% from 15%
Removed global gold and experience rewards from Grez on Twisted Treeline
The Nexus and Nexus Turrets now become invulnerable if all of your team's inhibitors respawn
Inhibitors no longer remain destroyed for successively longer periods - they are always destroyed for 5 minutes now.
Normalized the jungle spawns on Summoner's Rift - the Wolf camp now always spawns in the same quadrant as the Ancient Golem, and the smaller golem camp will always spawn in the quadrant with Lizard Elder.
Team Kills and Enemy Team Kills are now shown underneath the Kill Count bar
Added tooltips to the Summoner Spells in the scoreboard
Fixed a bug where Champions could path through walls or appear on the other side when attempting to move
Fixed several bugs where some passive abilities were not showing up properly in Death Recap
Fixed a bug where certain particles would appear to drop to the ground before impact
Fixed several server crashes
Fixed several client crashes

Skins
Added a glow to Chosen Master Yi's sword

Tetsuo9

Thank god they nerfed pantheon, it was just ridiculous. And I'm very happy for poppy buffs and fixing fling, now they are viable again.

My summoner name is walras if you guys want to add me.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Heimerdinger
H-28G Evolution Turret tooltip has been updated to show that turrets do magic damage.
CH-1 Concussion Grenade now deals 50% damage to turrets, from 100%.
CH-1 Concussion Grenade cooldown increased to 13/12/11/10/9 from 12/11/10/9/8

Heimerdinger hasn't been removed from the game? Not enough of a nerf, then.

Inskipp

Imo they coulda nerfed the cast- range of the nades, so that he couldnt cast them outside the turret range.

TF- buff is super awesome. No more random gold card dodges :D

Smash88

Banned
EviLore said:

We're lucky that there was even a nerf on him. The nerf on his concussion grenades is great, late game they were tower destroyers and very cheap if he was fed even slightly.

EXGN

So I know my name is on the list, but I wanted to post my info up again since it has been a few pages. I'm gonna be on a lot for season 1, so if anyone usually plays between 6PM - 1 AM EST, definitely add me up!

Summoner name is ExcelBeyond.

I'm level 30 - 155W 160L (I lost a LOT in the beginning because I played with a friend like 10 levels higher than me, so I don't think this is representative of my current skill level)

Right now my top 3 champs are:

Nasus - 28W 19L KDR - 236:149
Blitzcrank - 24W 15L KDR - 219:172
Kog'Maw - 22W 11L KDR - 207:142

Zhengi

Nice, love what I'm seeing in those Season 1 patch notes. Just sad they haven't buffed Evelynn yet, but have been teasing a new ultimate on her :(

I've played a couple of games with Amumu and it's been a blast. I still love using Rammus though, but it's good that I'm learning different tanks in case I play a lot of draft mode. I hope Shen is free this upcoming week so I can learn how to use him.

Teknopathetic said:

Never give up!

Pffffft, had you played with jax prenerf, you'd win in 25min.

EviLore said:

No shit. If they have a full poke team and heimer on top, you WON'T win, even with CC out at the ass.

For the people who defend heimer on the LoL forums, (also the people who main him... hmmm) say it's just so god damn easy to shut his turrets down. BUT, if they have a poking team, you won't even get close.

Oh, so you're saying Ashe can get in there and just range them down eh? Tell me, is that after Janna's ww + heimer grenade + other Ashe's volley + heimer missle + Ezreal's mystic shot?

hobart

lol... Jax pre-nerf:

Hit, Stun, Hit, Stun, MASSIVE HIT, Kill+1 (Repeat on 4 other Champions)

--

Heimer will be properly dealt with now during Ranked picking/banning phases. I think there are quite a few viable counters to him that will render him a lot more useless. It's during those blind pick games that you had no idea he was coming that really showed the imbalance. I think blind picking in general was an imbalanced way of playing... however... a great way to showcase multiple champions and to test your ability to adapt on the fly.

eznark

Banned
Thanks, I'll reschedule some meetings for this morning then instead of the afternoon!

I'm going to log on and jump into a channel (GAF) and just hang in there checking it every once in awhile to try and get games going. Unless Death Spank is absolutely incredible I will be on all night.

Mims

summoner ID: Mimsx

398-370

Most normally always about +30-40 wins depending on my teams but i never play 3v3 only 5v5. I main singed,amumu, cho, and teemo. Used to use heim alot but with draft and bans most likely will never get to play him again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom