• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DrBo42

hobart said:
For those that are Busy... at the Launcher press on the directionals:

Up down left right up up down down

Enjoy.

Just make sure you click on the background first, then input the code.

VaLiancY

Xen'Zhao with attack speed is fucking annoying.

On Panth, I'm not mad they nerfed HSS but all Spear Shot is 45 mana on all ranks. I think that hurts more.

caromelo

Good few games with Chronos, eznark, AOD Croc, GooberT00b, blue max and anyone else that I might have forgotten.

First game was a great competetive win with Veigar and Fiddle combining well with Chronos' Rammus valiantly tanking. My Kayle had a clean sheet so I was pretty happy with my KDR and sitting back and shielding carries.

Second game was really tough as having Warwick jungle put the solo lane in trouble with how much they're beefy team were able to push.

Final game was pretty great and won easily thanks to just being awesome. That one rape bush where we instantly took down 4 in one go was awesome. :D

Azar

When you're playing against people who aren't quite as good as your team, Veigar becomes insanely powerful late game. I hit 500 AP at the end of a match and could about a thousand base damage with his ultimate. :D Fun times. I love that little bastard.

cwmartin

Im trying to get a grasp of large this game has become. I tried it in beta and only played the tutorial but didnt think it was my cup of tea. But it seems like everyone and their sister is now on this LoL kick, and it makes me curious to try it again. How big is this thing getting?

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
cwmartin said:
Im trying to get a grasp of large this game has become. I tried it in beta and only played the tutorial but didnt think it was my cup of tea. But it seems like everyone and their sister is now on this LoL kick, and it makes me curious to try it again. How big is this thing getting?

5 million accounts, it seems.

eznark

Banned
Word to the wise, start diversifying your champ skills. With the banning and drafting, you never know who you will have and what type of champ your team will need.

bluemax

Banned
eznark said:
Word to the wise, start diversifying your champ skills. With the banning and drafting, you never know who you will have and what type of champ your team will need.

Agreed. So far the most popular bans have been Shaco, Heimer, Modekaiser and Shen but I've also seen Soraka and Taric banned as well.

Every game so far has been lopsided it seems. Can't wait for ELO to balance out.

eznark

Banned
thestopsign said:
I'm setting up a GAF game right now, if you guys want to join me.
I'll be on after the All-Star game (maybe earlier since the two Brewers playing are starting) if you are still on.

Any vent servers for GAF LoL?

Sloegr

blitz64 said:
Nope. But it is rank #4 most played PC game daily according to Xfire

That's a shame. Not that it really matters one way or the other since the game appears to be doing fine, but it's an interesting stat.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
I really want to give this game a shot, but I've never played DOTA before and have absolutely no idea how things work outside of the general concept (I have played a bit of Demigod). Is there a GAF server or something where I can learn the ropes?

I don't think I'll have the patience to deal with the kind of assholes who play this kind of game if the horror stories are true.

Tetsuo9

luka said:
I really want to give this game a shot, but I've never played DOTA before and have absolutely no idea how things work outside of the general concept (I have played a bit of Demigod). Is there a GAF server or something where I can learn the ropes?

I don't think I'll have the patience to deal with the kind of assholes who play this kind of game if the horror stories are true.
There are no servers, this use a matchmaking system, so you will have to add all the gaffers you see and create games.

btw im up for a game if someone is creating one.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Tetsuo9 said:
There are no servers, this use a matchmaking system, so you will have to add all the gaffers you see and create games.

btw im up for a game if someone is creating one.

Matchmaking, my eternal nemesis.. *shakes fist*

EviLore, you up for playing with GAF? Or do you just play with friends?

Also, it pains me when I slay Annie 7 times in under 14 minutes.

Poor other team. I hope ELO MM evens out soon.

eznark

Banned
I would think playing in Normal games (as opposed to ranked games) would really lessen the anger of idiotic children teammates.

Plissken

eznark said:
I would think playing in Normal games (as opposed to ranked games) would really lessen the anger of idiotic children teammates.

I would have thought the same, but I got called "a retarded noob" in a normal game today for having the NERVE to walk past an enemy ward on the way to kill Baron Nashor. Never mind the fact that nobody told me there was a ward in the jungle, or that there was NO POSSIBLE WAY for me to see it, I was "a retarded noob" for doing it (we won the game, btw). Overall though I'd say the childish name calling only happens 2 out of every 10 games I play, it's just that you tend to remember those games over ones where everything went smoothly.

As for the Season 1 stuff, I like the new interface, as many have pointed out it looks very WoW Armory-ish. Zen Xhao is really fun to play, at least as a DPS, I haven't tried him in a tank role yet.

Summoner name is Draynoth, I typically play during the day at work in a pre-made with co-workers, but night time I solo so if you need someone for a group I am usually down to play.

Plissken

Legato.Reborn- said:
Sounds like a wonderful job.

We're in a slow period right now so we get to goof off a bit. We still work, just not as much, so we take "extended lunch" to play some matches. Makes up for the times we work 80+ hour weeks with (maybe) 1 day off. :D

Rayven

aka surume
Macattk15 said:
Bought the 1380 RP to buy the new champ about 10 mins ago .... still waiting for the RP to show up in my total.
Try to purchase the champ anyway. Sometimes the total at the top doesn't refresh properly. Or re-log.

eznark

Banned
I got the boxed copy the day it came out, and I still have not spent a single RP. It's not that I don't want to mind you, it's just that I always feel like newer, better stuff is going to come out!

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
I was in an awesome team where I have found that I really like Fiddlesticks. Well, now it won't let me connect to PVP.chat and I tried logging back on but now it's stuck at "loading."

:/

Tetsuo9

Shrinnan said:
I was in an awesome team where I have found that I really like Fiddlesticks. Well, now it won't let me connect to PVP.chat and I tried logging back on but now it's stuck at "loading."

:/
Servers finally exploded, I think its safe to assume that the game will run badly this entire week or more.

BTW we played a really fun ranked game with thestopsign and some others :lol. I was the singed walras.

Rayven

aka surume
Nah, the servers are fine. Chat went down, everyone logged out, then tried to log back in at once. It'll get fixed.

Shrennin

Didn't get the memo regarding the 14th Amendment
Tetsuo9 said:
Servers finally exploded, I think its safe to assume that the game will run badly this entire week or more.

Yea...

I want to get to level 20 for ranked.

Q_Q

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom