• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Fellow Euro Gaffers, did you get your email for Riot already?

I've been assigned to Nordic & East server and will probably stay there.

Would prefer they did something other than Euro-split to ensure EuLoL stability :/

Keiician said:
Fellow Euro Gaffers, did you get your email for Riot already?

I've been assigned to Nordic & East server and will probably stay there.

Would prefer they did something other than Euro-split to ensure EuLoL stability :/

You can switch your region for free.

I honestly don't see the problem, as long as they are being honest. Most people probably have concentrated friend lists within those respective regions. The split should only affect a minor subset of the userbase, and those affected can switch for free.

If I'm French and the majority of my friends are in, I dunno, Poland I can switch there. Same goes for the other way.

Juravsky

I've been assigned to West and I'll stay there because all my friendlist is assigned there too, so it hasn't been a difficult choice at all. Even if my closest group of friends were divided the free transfer will solve it.

I don't think splitting EU is a perfect solution, but if it helps shortening the queue and the busy servers I'm probably going to be very happy with it.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Well, I guess it's mostly the problem for the East side players, because it seems that it may be treated as inferior, considering the players behaviour. Yeah, I know there will be many idiots on the West side as well, but the worst games I had, considering the players' attitude were the ones with Polish people.

Still level 12. Been playing around with Udyr. Tried Phoenix VS Tiger and I still don't see the point in Phoenix, it starts out ok, but as the game progresses it becomes rather weak. I can jungle just as fast with Tiger as Phoenix but can't gank without tiger. AND with tiger, I can push AD without feeling compelled to balance out AP with AD due to being a melee character with an AP boosted phoenix. So that leaves me with more money to spend on health or armor or whatever. Am I missing something about phoenix?

Also, with tiger activated, at what point does adding attack speed through purchases not affect the actual attack speed? There is a limit correct?

cdyhybrid

I'm about to hit level 7. Been playing with Ashe, Alistar, Pantheon, Blitzcrank, and Nunu? (the yeti guy) Kinda hesitant to try out casters because most of them got weaker as the game went on in DotA. Just working up IP to unlock as many heros as I can. Is there any way to get alternate skins without spending money on RP?

Mr. B Natural said:
Also, with tiger activated, at what point does adding attack speed through purchases not affect the actual attack speed? There is a limit correct?

The limit is 2.5 attacks per second. I don't know how that affects Tiger Stance.

cdyhybrid said:
I'm about to hit level 7. Been playing with Ashe, Alistar, Pantheon, Blitzcrank, and Nunu? (the yeti guy) Kinda hesitant to try out casters because most of them got weaker as the game went on in DotA. Just working up IP to unlock as many heros as I can. Is there any way to get alternate skins without spending money on RP?

Casters scale nicely and stay relevant throughout unlike DotA where their damage is negligible. If you want skins, you gotta get RP.

Also, I would recommend saving up some IP for Runes, either Tier 1 or Tier 3. They make a world of difference, in my opinion. My Caitlyn is heavily reliant on her ArmPen and Mana Regen runes.

Pjodor

Neo Member
cdyhybrid said:
You can install skins from this site but only you can see them.
http://leaguecraft.com/skins
If you want others to see the diffrent skin you have to buy it with RP.

Riot would make so much money if they followed the TF2 model. Like GODDAMN

That Tyran -> Cloud Strife skin is amazing, and I don't even care for FFVII. Ashe -> Starcraft Ghost is equally amazing.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
Ultimoo said:
I don't see any hats in this game. I need more hats, MORE HATS, MOOOOOOOOOORE HATS!

zFqKb.jpg

DL73X.gif

Diglet

Neo Member
I feel bad for all the EU players, but it's probably worth it for the less downtime you guys may even be able to play a game or two :p

I love being last pick in a Ranked game. It gives you a lot of control over how balanced your team is, and in general it should mean you are the "worst" player, and if you are confident in your skill, that's normally a good thing. Though this really only works if you have a wide range of champions you can use effectively.

I'm waffling between Trinity Force and Frozen Mallet. I could have more movespeed and burst with a potential slow, or more tankiness and a surefire slow for my team.

FlightOfHeaven said:

I'm waffling between Trinity Force and Frozen Mallet. I could have more movespeed and burst with a potential slow, or more tankiness and a surefire slow for my team.

Trinity Force, end of discussion.

Secondly, add an Atmas into that (sell the philo) and you'll be set.

Actually, remove the thornmail and get either Randuins or Frozen Heart.

EXGN

FlightOfHeaven said:

Wouldn't Atma's be a better choice than Frozen if you're getting Warmogs?

Fjordson

Does anyone here play Twisted Fate? I'm having fun with him, but my item build is sort of all over the place. Should I be going for AP or AD?

Fjordson said:
Does anyone here play Twisted Fate? I'm having fun with him, but my item build is sort of all over the place. Should I be going for AP or AD?

AP I heard is best. I'm more of an AD guy thought, but I can see why AP is dominant. You can rip shit apart fast.

Legato.Reborn- said:
Trinity Force, end of discussion.
Secondly, add an Atmas into that (sell the philo) and you'll be set.
Actually, remove the thornmail and get either Randuins or Frozen Heart.

Hmmm, I'll try adding Randiun's instead of Thornmail, and Atmas was my final item.
EXGN said:
Wouldn't Atma's be a better choice than Frozen if you're getting Warmogs?

I was going for Frozen for the health and the slow, not the damage.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Kyoufu said:
Jarvan needs another nerf.
I would be okay with this. I just feel like his damage is really high even without him building for it.

Fjordson

Jazzy Network said:
AP I heard is best. I'm more of an AD guy thought, but I can see why AP is dominant. You can rip shit apart fast.
Interesting. Yeah, I feel like I'm doing better when building towards AD. Had my best game with him going all out AD.

What are the first 2-3 big items that you usually build towards?

red13th

Wow, from reading the forums, it seems they are nerfing Irelia too. Corki, Warwick, Ashe and now Irelia. They just need to add Alistar and Jarvan to the list now.

EXGN

Fjordson said:

AP has a lot more utility. Doran's Ring>Sorc boots>Rabadon's>Lichbane. AP TF lets him split push like a champ, when the enemy minions are going down a lane single file, you can take down the entire wave with a well-placed Q. When the enemy team starts going to the lane you're in, just Gate to the otherside of the map and keep pushing. With Lichbane, TF can take out towers in like 5 or 6 hits.

The reason a lot of people don't go AD TF is that his skills don't really scale off of AD, and his auto attack range is horrendous - he needs to be in range to do damage but if he's that close, a good team will focus down and crush him. Meanwhile, AP TF can stand back, do some massive poke damage with W and stun anyone that jumps at him, giving him time to back away.

Plus, as I said, AP TF can split push like a boss.

Neki

EXGN said:
AP has a lot more utility. Doran's Ring>Sorc boots>Rabadon's>Lichbane. AP TF lets him split push like a champ, when the enemy minions are going down a lane single file, you can take down the entire wave with a well-placed Q. When the enemy team starts going to the lane you're in, just Gate to the otherside of the map and keep pushing. With Lichbane, TF can take out towers in like 5 or 6 hits.

The reason a lot of people don't go AD TF is that his skills don't really scale off of AD, and his auto attack range is horrendous - he needs to be in range to do damage but if he's that close, a good team will focus down and crush him. Meanwhile, AP TF can stand back, do some massive poke damage with W and stun anyone that jumps at him, giving him time to back away.

Though AD carries tend to be a lot more useful late game because most people will get magic resist or a spare Negatron cloak, but no one is going to buy a chainmail to counter your attack damage besides the tank. I do agree that AP TF is better though.

Fjordson

EXGN said:

Ah, that makes sense. Didn't even think about the range thing (if it wasn't already obvious I'm still a bit of a noob lol). Thanks for the info. I'll keep working at the AP build then.

Kyoufu said:
Jarvan needs another nerf.

they need to nerf his dmg output, and his passive, but they also need to buff his sheild and his ult. (passive needs to be 4% or 6% current hp every 4 seconds as opposed to 8% ever 6 seconds)

It'd be better if they made his ult so that friendlies can pass back and forth but enemies can't (more of a peeler move for tanking).

The other thing I find really weird is his burst damage with a trinity force. I can usually get any carry down to 1/2 hp or less by timing my ult, flag, sheild and pull by just waiting the 2 seconds between each cast or w/e it takes for the sheen buff to reset.

siddhu33

Fjordson said:
I like a Hybrid sort of build. AP seems to be dominant at the moment, but i just find Hybrid more fun...

Boots , Trinity Force, Rageblade, and then just items to counter the other team....
EDIT - First post!

Fjordson

siddhu33 said:
I like a Hybrid sort of build. AP seems to be dominant at the moment, but i just find Hybrid more fun...

Boots , Trinity Force, Rageblade, and then just items to counter the other team....
EDIT - First post!
Hmm. I can see that. With only AP, my Q is beastly, but my auto attack is pretty weak. I'll keep experimenting.

Thanks for the tip. And welcome to GAF!

Diglet

Neo Member
Ap tf is the best way to go. You shouldnt need auto attacks as him. 40% cdr, means during teamfights you just spam the three card throw (wildcards?) and then when someone comes too close use your color card (I'm way too tired...)
And when you use your ult to gank you really shouldnt be alone anyway, so your autoattacks arent really needed.
Plus, get a lich bane and they will hurt.

Leona looks nice. Whatever happened to corki nerfs?

@the person playing jarvan. Atmas needs to be in your build. Jarvan has almost 2k base health. Plus a Doran starting, Health quints and a triforce leaves you around 2500 health, which is 50 damage from atmas. And if you add in the armor and the crit the item is one of the best choices you have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom