• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EXGN

Jenga said:
if i see another free weekend retard blitz go full ap im gonna fucking murder someone

Free week Blitz in general is just insufferable. Missed grabs, my teamates diving a low life Blitz only to get thwarted by manashield, grabbing Amumus and pulling them into your team, etc. Riot should make you have to pass like a "driving test" to play Blitz first.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Drkirby said:
Yorick as a tank doesn't seem that great, but a beafy DPS he is pretty scary.
I like him a lot more than the launch version, but his "E" just doesn't feel right to me. Doesn't fit the character, isn't very useful, all around very boring attack.

Jenga

Banned
so are alistairs still pissing and shitting themselves over their nerfs

i fought an alistair and the lane was basically the same pre-nerf, only his attacks weren't fucking bullshit

still bullies everyone with ease

good nerf imo

Gaaraz

Doing quite well with Caitlin now, seem to be able to use her skills to not only keep myself alive (mostly the net one) but also finding some good tactics like if I'm low on health, use the Ghost spell to run away, then use my long search shot on them :D

Problem is, when I went to select her, it was greyed out from the menu? Guess I should pay for her unlock then?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jenga said:
so are alistairs still pissing and shitting themselves over their nerfs

i fought an alistair and the lane was basically the same pre-nerf, only his attacks weren't fucking bullshit

still bullies everyone with ease

good nerf imo
Yeah, his Nerf wasn't very big at all. His AP ratio for his attacks was reduced only slightly, its his heal that got the biggest nerf.

Headbutt: ability power ratio reduced to 0.7 from 0.8.
Pulverize: ability power ratio reduced to 0.5 from 0.6.
Triumphant Roar: ability power ratio reduced to 0.2 from 0.4.

Gaaraz said:
Doing quite well with Caitlin now, seem to be able to use her skills to not only keep myself alive (mostly the net one) but also finding some good tactics like if I'm low on health, use the Ghost spell to run away, then use my long search shot on them :D

Problem is, when I went to select her, it was greyed out from the menu? Guess I should pay for her unlock then?
Means someone else picked her. If you don't own her, and she's not free, she won't appear at all.

dimb

I guess I should take back anything negative I said about Yorick.
d57451578f899cbdbdd60b1efc952d7ffde845a9.jpg

Probably going to have to buy him next week. Could even compete in 2v1 and 3v1 scenarios. Best part is how much people underestimate him in matchups.

FlightOfHeaven said:
That was terrible. I'm not sure GAF 5 should be done anymore.

Honestly, whenever I play with anyone guys under 30 I lose. He might be decent for his level, but lack of awareness and the disadvantage in runes and masteries is just too great to really overcome. When I play GAF games with you guys, I find that there are about 5x as many deaths in lane as normal. When I play ranked, a typical score after laning phase might be 3 to 2 with a dragon going to either team and maybe a tower down. When I play with you guys, there are 15+ deaths and at least one person is extremely fed.

Unfortunately right now, LoL is more catered towards a passive play style that doesn't really endorse aggressive moves unless they are carefully calculated. First blood is important, but the kills after that have less impact then a well CSed carry. The real problem is that in those games we played last night, their teams were winning CS-wise, organizationally, and were getting free kills. We can give up one or two of those maybe, but all three is a guaranteed loss.

A few things I noticed that might help us improve in the future:

- WARDS, there were a few times where we had great ward placements, but they were few and far in between. It seemed like we only got wards when we remembered too after getting killed because we had no wards.
- When the other team has the advantage, let them make the aggressive move. Let them try and tower dive or go for Baron.
- In team fights, we were both too bunched up, and too scattered. At the beginning we bunched up and each time either Sona or Amumu (or whoever the other teams had) were able to fully land their ults on all of us. This devastated us multiple times. After those ults, we tended to scatter letting us get picked off easily (I definitely was at fault of this multiple times).
- Pushed lanes, there is a fine balance between pushing too much and pushing too little. I find if the other teams are pushing hard, you still don't want to let them get near the tower. The easiest way to do this is actually auto-attack. If they are auto-attacking, you should too (and still get last hits of course). We lost way too many towers early from gradual pecking at the towers.

I know I wasn't perfect in those games either, but those were the main things that stuck out at me when I was playing. Definitely a frustrating set of games.

2th

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:

Probably going to have to buy him next week. Could even compete in 2v1 and 3v1 scenarios. Best part is how much people underestimate him in matchups.

The lose team had no initiator other than xin and he was a glass cannon. Yorick only dead well cause of blitz pulls or garen charges or Ashe arrows. Or you are in a low elo where people have no brains period.

Gaaraz

Dance In My Blood said:
Wow, how? I used him earlier and really struggled, was just relying on my ghosts mostly and they did little damage.

Jenga

Banned
Gaaraz said:
Wow, how? I used him earlier and really struggled, was just relying on my ghosts mostly and they did little damage.
if yorick actually goes full dps he's squishy as shit

bad team probably

dimb

Bad team, and I'm not even 30 so obviously these aren't the best players. Not recommending him for everyone or anything, but I assure you that my team didn't really help out with Blitz grabs or Ashe arrows. I don't think every situation would be great for him, but I found it very easy to whittle people down with his ranged and then move in for a kill when they hit about half health. If you can hit your AOE you can usually close the gap, then pop your red ghoul on the way in and bash them with your Q. The speed boost will keep them from separating without flash/ghost, or in other situations allow you to quickly pull out after a kill. Yorick can wade in pretty deep and get off relatively scoff free if you're playing right. He can be surprisingly spry.

thestopsign said:
Honestly, whenever I play with anyone guys under 30 I lose. He might be decent for his level, but lack of awareness and the disadvantage in runes and masteries is just too great to really overcome. When I play GAF games with you guys, I find that there are about 5x as many deaths in lane as normal. When I play ranked, a typical score after laning phase might be 3 to 2 with a dragon going to either team and maybe a tower down. When I play with you guys, there are 15+ deaths and at least one person is extremely fed.

Unfortunately right now, LoL is more catered towards a passive play style that doesn't really endorse aggressive moves unless they are carefully calculated. First blood is important, but the kills after that have less impact then a well CSed carry. The real problem is that in those games we played last night, their teams were winning CS-wise, organizationally, and were getting free kills. We can give up one or two of those maybe, but all three is a guaranteed loss.

A few things I noticed that might help us improve in the future:

- WARDS, there were a few times where we had great ward placements, but they were few and far in between. It seemed like we only got wards when we remembered too after getting killed because we had no wards.
- When the other team has the advantage, let them make the aggressive move. Let them try and tower dive or go for Baron.
- In team fights, we were both too bunched up, and too scattered. At the beginning we bunched up and each time either Sona or Amumu (or whoever the other teams had) were able to fully land their ults on all of us. This devastated us multiple times. After those ults, we tended to scatter letting us get picked off easily (I definitely was at fault of this multiple times).
- Pushed lanes, there is a fine balance between pushing too much and pushing too little. I find if the other teams are pushing hard, you still don't want to let them get near the tower. The easiest way to do this is actually auto-attack. If they are auto-attacking, you should too (and still get last hits of course). We lost way too many towers early from gradual pecking at the towers.

I know I wasn't perfect in those games either, but those were the main things that stuck out at me when I was playing. Definitely a frustrating set of games.

This is great. We just need to be more mindful and play intelligently.

I think you, Ultimoo, and uchip would benefit from playing together more often. I'm not sure I'm an asset at this point.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash.

(Maybe if I say it enough Riot will remove it)

Halycon said:
I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash I hate flash.

(Maybe if I say it enough Riot will remove it)

I dunno. As Jarvan its frustrating, but people use it as a crutch. Once they use it to get out of ult, they are kinda fucked.

Neki

FlightOfHeaven said:
I dunno. As Jarvan its frustrating, but people use it as a crutch. Once they use it to get out of ult, they are kinda fucked.
flashers are gonna flash basically.

I hate flash as much as I love it sadly.

RedGamer

Neo Member
I hate Rumble, so boring.

"Buffed" Yorick is insanely fun to play, imo. Pretty great sustainability with his lifesteal ghoul. His Q does solid damage, especially with Manamune and sheen into trinity. I'm still not sure which boots I like most on him though.

dimb

RedGamer said:

"Buffed" Yorick is insanely fun to play, imo. Pretty great sustainability with his lifesteal ghoul. His Q does solid damage, especially with Manamune and sheen into trinity. I'm still not sure which boots I like most on him though.
Yeah, there are general items for Yorick that seem like they're obvious/needed (like Sheen), but I'm still working out the rest. Most guides for him are still pretty terrible (even high rated ones suggest taking Omen of War at level one, which is retarded outside of jungling) so I guess I'll just have to find an item build I like on my own.

Kyoufu

RedGamer said:

He is a melee, so mercs. :)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Jenga said:
his passive don't say shit when I jump the bitch as corki
Also won't do jack when he wonders into a bush with me as Himer, I turn on my ult, stun him, shoot him with a missile and run the hell away in the event he got his ghost off.

I got to play a game against a Riot employee tonight and probably had one of my best games ever. He said I was one of the best Nidalee's he's ever seen haha. The game was real close back and forth, both teams had all inhibs down and nexus turrets missing for a while.

I'll link the image, because it's big.

http://i.imgur.com/wxZFs.png

IsayFever

PoorFate said:
I'm planning on buying Kassadin when I reach 3150 IP.

Anyone have any thoughts they want to share about him?

Fuck his silence! Has such a long range and does a decent amount of damage :<

dimb

Jenga said:
his passive don't say shit when I jump the bitch as corki
For the most part, you shouldn't be getting jumped as Yorick with any wards up. He is very fast and has a ranged slow. As long as you're aware of where your opponents are as Yorick you tend to be able to engage on your own terms. It seems like it would be especially hard to pin him down without a decent CC or chained slows.
Drkirby said:
Also won't do jack when he wonders into a bush with me as Himer, I turn on my ult, stun him, shoot him with a missile and run the hell away in the event he got his ghost off.
Well...not really a reason for Yorick to face check bushes when he has his W, but Heimer is a very good counter to Yorick in general.
PoorFate said:

He's very difficult to play and learning him isn't really worth the effort.

PoorFate said:

He takes a lot to learn but once you learn him he is amazing.R-Q-W combo is death to enemy squishies.

Also remember he is a one man gank with Rift Walk, which can go through the longest of walls. Items wise rush Catalist first, the first five levels are the most vounerable.

2th

Banned
thestopsign said:
I got to play a game against a Riot employee tonight and probably had one of my best games ever. He said I was one of the best Nidalee's he's ever seen haha. The game was real close back and forth, both teams had all inhibs down and nexus turrets missing for a while.

I'll link the image, because it's big.

http://i.imgur.com/wxZFs.png

Meh the other team was 4 melee and sona for support. kite them and you won. easy game. and the riot employees are pretty nice. I have Udyr, Volibar, and Guinsoo on my friends list. Nice guys.

Ferga

I just all around hate seeing phantom dancers as the first major item after boots in games in which my team isn't winning by a large margin. I mean just get a zeal for starters!

What's the point of critting very little damage

RedGamer

Neo Member
I've been playing around with Yorick today and I feel he's pretty solid. There was a comment earlier about his E not being very useful, and I honestly disagree quite a bit. It provides a huge amount of lane sustainability because it restores a hefty amount of health for a really low mana cost. I start off my games with two health pots and a sapphire crystal, and I'm always able to stay in lane, harass and get creep score for practically the whole laning phase. (Obviously, I'm not playing Ranked, so I'm not judging his competitive use.. obv.)

I'm still building him Sapphire Crystal + 2 HP Pots, return home to upgrade to Tear and plain boots if I get low or get ganked. If I last through the whole laning phase, I return home and upgrade to a manamune and either berserker greaves or treads (depending on how far ahead I am in farm.) Then I go Sheen > Zeal > Phage > Trinity Force > Glacial Shroud > Frozen Heart > ?????

At this point, I'm not sure. I -want- to go for an infinity edge, but I'm usually not patient enough to want to farm for one big huge item at that point, if the game isn't already over. Once I have Manamune, Q does a ton of damage. Once I have Sheen, even more.

With 3 ghouls up (e,w,q), Yorick moves insanely fast and has great beat down.

Einbroch

Banned
I just can't get good at this game. I'm not awful, I usually hover around 1-1-2 ratio. But I just can't break that mediocre barrier.

Oh well. Still fun!

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Einbroch said:
I just can't get good at this game. I'm not awful, I usually hover around 1-1-2 ratio. But I just can't break that mediocre barrier.

Oh well. Still fun!
1-1-2 isn't bad, someone has to die more then others. Unless you are playing a carry and failing. What characters do you like playing?

Einbroch

Banned
Drkirby said:
1-1-2 isn't bad, someone has to die more then others. Unless you are playing a carry and failing. What characters do you like playing?
I like playing as healers (Soraka, Taric when he's free) and Rammus, but I've been really cycling through all the free ones these last few weeks.

I know my numbers aren't supposed to be high as support/tank, but even when I play DPS (carries, ranged killers, whatever. I'm an MMO player!) I don't do too hot. Like I said, it's not discouraging, just wondering why I'm not doing awesome.

Because I'm an awesome person. :p

Caitlyn and Tyranmedre were being arrogant assholes. Caitlyn was just sitting at tower the entire time at top. She never even touched the brush. Did generally poor trap placement. I tried to give her some tips when Tyran and Cait start being fucking condescending.

Bot was down 0-5, and we were down 2-9 overall and things are looking grim. Suddenly we pull together and start playing extremely cautiously. We take one of theirs in a team fight, maybe two. And suddenly we're even at 15-15.

Their Tyran tries to get our Ez, and we focus him. He dies, and the other team surrenders. Tyran kept getting caught by double ignites, and died twice to me.

Feels fuckin' good, man. Especially the surprise surrender at 40 minutes. I felt really different playing this time, I was being extra cautious.

Aesthet1c

So what's the consensus on Vain? Does she suck? I don't see anyone ever play her.

I'm nearing 6300 ip and after watching her champion spotlight she is looking very tempting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom