• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
2th said:
You had probably 400 AD, 2.0 attack speed, about 50% lifesteal, and the madreds doing 4% of his max health per hit. ANYONE can do baron when they have those items. I mean that is something like 14000 golds worth of items.

That's the point.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
That anyone fed to hell can Solo Baron?

I was very sad when I could no solo Baron as Fiddle Sticks in a bot game. He just does to much damage, and his knock up cancels my life drain. Maybe I should do AD Fiddle Sticks and see how it goes.

Now to play a Real game as Garen, and hope I don't fail so much. Was fun in the bot game I just did.

2th

Banned
Drkirby said:
Its slightly annoying to finish a game and see "First win of the day bonus available in 00:30"

Madred's bloodrazor cap at 100 damage for monsters solely because of Baron.

Yup. So he was doing something along the lines of 475 damage a hit, baron has some armor and mr if I recall, and at 2.0 AS, he was doing 950 damage a second, and with shall we say a flat 50% lifesteal, he was getting back 400 health back every hit. I say 400 because I don't think the madreds damage is included with lifesteal since it is magic damage.

2th

Banned
EviLore said:
That's the point.

While it is your point, you should also note that for anyone to get that fed/farmed is such a rare thing, or at least is in the 1400s. Champs like WW, Shaco, Jax,Yi,Olaf, Trynd and Udyr don't need that level of gear to solo baron.

Neki

there are plenty viable strats of soloing baron. shaco and udyr can easily do it with a green, red/blue buffs and madreds/wriggles. evilore is just having fun. :p

drkOne

1h Queue > Awful match due to 3 disconnects (my map was full of bugged minions) > Session Closed > 1h20 Queue.

I have no clue why I still play LoL...

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
drkOne said:
1h Queue > Awful match due to 3 disconnects (my map was full of bugged minions) > Session Closed > 1h20 Queue.

I have no clue why I still play LoL...
Wait for the Great Split©, things will get all better. At least that's what I want to believe.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Going down the line of untried free characters. Don't like Cassiopeia, Fiddlesticks and Garen are fun, and Ramus is a bit dull. Need to give Renekton a try, and I haven't played Sivir or Vayne in a long time. (Played Vayne once during her first free week)

I think when Brand was new was when I started getting back into the, since Vayne is the first character I remember being "new".

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
Going down the line of untried free characters. Don't like Cassiopeia, Fiddlesticks and Garen are fun, and Ramus is a bit dull. Need to give Renekton a try, and I haven't played Sivir or Vayne in a long time. (Played Vayne once during her first free week)

I think when Brand was new was when I started getting back into the, since Vayne is the first character I remember being "new".
I don't know about Vayne in general, but I might have told you about that game last night where one of my teammates was like 41/1/whatever with Vayne. And most of the time we weren't even helping them, and we had only 4 players. It was crazy.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Blizzard said:
I don't know about Vayne in general, but I might have told you about that game last night where one of my teammates was like 41/1/whatever with Vayne. And most of the time we weren't even helping them, and we had only 4 players. It was crazy.
Well yes, that was the bots, they aren't the greatest AI. At least the ones in Co Op don't tower dive for no reason anymore.

Ultimoo said:
Cassiopeia is awesome, not sure what you're talking about. She's probably my favourite spellcaster behind Lux.
I just didn't like her. I don't know why, I am sure the fact the one of her spells is smartcasted every time didn't help.

I loved the games I have played as Garen though. He is a lot of fun.

Neki

meh, the Q on her smart cast is helpful because you're spamming that shit constantly, otherwise, I would care. on someone like Lux, I don't care much for enabling smart cast.

yeah i don't like how terrible I am with the q so i don't like cass. same reason i don't like karth.

but yeah cass is pretty fun i like just spitting on people and watching them walk all slow. same reason i also like nunu, zilean and trundle

Neki

Drkirby said:
The Riot Pricing system is "All new champs are 6300, except every 4th one, they will be 4800!"
based on this, what price am I expecting Leona to be?

I don't remember the last hero under 4800, was it Lux? I think she was 3150.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
SamVimes said:
So i'm downloading this game right now, any tip? Especially what champion should a beginner choose?
Well, you don't start with anyone permanently unlocked, so you have the 10 free champs to play. This week, they are Annie, Cassiopeia Cho'Gath, Fiddlesticks, Garen, Rammus, Renekton, Sivir, Soraka, Vayne.

Play who ever you think looks cool, some easier ones to get may be Annie, Garen, and Sivir (Plus, they are cheaper, so if you like them you can unlock them pretty quickly)

Ultimoo said:
based on this, what price am I expecting Leona to be?

I don't remember the last hero under 4800, was it Lux? I think she was 3150.
I want to think she may actually be 3150, but we will find out.

Neki

the hell? front page of LoL is telling me to buy the Leona bundle, but I see nothing.
edit: there is a patch, will patch first.
edit2: riot trolling as usual

2th

Banned
Kyoufu said:
You don't need 14000 gold to solo Baron. Just Madreds and Wriggles. Bam, congratulations on Baron.

Yeah that isn't quite enough to solo baron. The standard used the be bloodrazor and Starks for shaco, ww and Olaf for a long time. Udyr could get away without Starks thanks to turtle, tiger, phoenix spam.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
That doesn't look like 3150 to me.
685df173d5068f8175c080d8f90a24f708922d87.jpg

Neki

Ferny73 said:
Hmm Nid on sale...may grab her finally...
You will like Nidalee if:
1) you like throwing slow spears
2) if you like spamming W to get to places faster in cat form
3) if you like constantly asking for heals when it's on cd

red13th

Fuck this. I was considering getting Leona if she was 3150 but 6300 for a rehashed Amumu with boobs. I'm getting Yorick, sexy bassist zombie beats valkyrie any day.

Neki

maybe I should just go buy amumu in protest! ha!

aside from 2th or someone saying it was 3150, what made you guys think she would be 3150?
I just always expect Riot to make it 6300 for profit. It's wishful thinking, otherwise.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Owlowiscious said:
aside from 2th or someone saying it was 3150, what made you guys think she would be 3150?
There wasn't really a good reason to think that, but it was a very common number thrown around the forums. I was mostly joking, but yeah, 6300 for a tank seems kind of crazy to me when there isn't very much unique or original about Leona.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
The real question is...

Can she jungle???????

Dance In My Blood said:
the forums
the forums say a lot of stupid things.

checking posts it's only one guy that I think is overreacting, which is an acceptable and expected amount, so I'll stop acting like everyone is crazy in here.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Guess I'll be playing a tank now, to check if this champion type fits me - never played one before.

Keiician said:
Guess I'll be playing a tank now, to check if this champion type fits me - never played one before.

Tanks are a lot of fun, but you have to clever in different ways. A good tank will smash in, absorb damage, and then crawl back out. You should be able to regen enough health to go back in after a bit. Tanks should always bring up the rear, and be the ones to scout areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom