• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to be doing just fine building her as a straight tank.

Zfd1W.png

red13th

I sooo wish I had played Yorick when he was free, but he was only playable post buff for like 3 days and I wasn't home on the weekend. :(
I got 8k IP right now, I'm not sure who I should buy, I got most of my tanky dps already other than Yorick. And Irelia... actually I haven't bought Irelia yet because I was expecting more nerfs but if they're done with her I think I'll get her. She's no sexy bassist zombie tho :(

red_13th said:
I sooo wish I had played Yorick when he was free, but he was only playable post buff for like 3 days and I wasn't home on the weekend. :(
I got 8k IP right now, I'm not sure who I should buy, I got most of my tanky dps already other than Yorick. And Irelia... actually I haven't bought Irelia yet because I was expecting more nerfs but if they're done with her I think I'll get her. She's no sexy bassist zombie tho :(

If you want a champ who can change the outcome of a game get Irelia. If you want a fun early to mid game champ who has huge harass potential get Yorick.

Or better yet just get Udyr and go solo top lane and dominate.

EXGN

red_13th said:
IIRC there was this guy who reached rank 1 on the ladder playing Trinity Force Maokai or something.
I just remembered I really liked Maokai when he was free. I think I'll buy him after Yorick.

Yeah, Mao seems to be really good with resistance + AP items. GAF played with a Maokai last night (Uchip's friend) and he went like 10/3 with ROA and Zhonyas. His ult really helps to reduce damage, so I think you can afford to build him mixed AP/tank.

Of course, that Mao was good, but we also steamrolled that game. I think Haly, Uchip and I all went like 6/1 as well lol.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Owlowiscious said:
my problem is i throw my sword. oops hit an enemy now i'm in a 1v5. but yeah i'm really liking leona.

it's a shame i suck at this game

IMG]http://i.imgur.com/S6dRF.png[/IMG]
Hey, at least you can hit the sword, I am still trying to get it down. I simply can't hit a moving target with it yet.

The best is when the sword actually lands the killing blow though, the damage isn't much but is still there.

someone add me, i am tired of playin solo and lose because fuckin noobs refuse to work as a team.

QING TING

i want to play with a good team

Drkirby said:
Hey, at least you can hit the sword, I am still trying to get it down. I simply can't hit a moving target with it yet.

The best is when the sword actually lands the killing blow though, the damage isn't much but is still there.
I'm not trying to hit the sword :p I'm trying to clear creep waves and get last hits. The sword throw is a good damage dealer for creeps, like eclipse.

But on that note I can hit fine with the sword. I can't predict but if I want to hit someone and they don't really want to dodge I hit easily.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
The problem comes when I am trying to toss it at an angle at a running enemy. Straight on I can do it at least.

oh cool, i didn't know there was a thread devoted to this. well, i usually play every other night or so.

if you need a ranged champ on your team or whatever, go ahead and add me. my summoner name is drunkendonuts.

i usually play:

Top three i play the most:
Lux
Caitlyn
Miss Fortune

Orianna (just getting back into the swing of things with her)
Kog'Maw
Maokai (tank or AP)
Katarina (just getting the hang of her)
just got Leona, as well, but i only got to try her out once and got matched with a bad team :(

i played a game like that with her last night. it took me a while to build my big ticket items, but once i got those, i would land one or two hit kills.

Aesthet1c

Is Orianna a pretty good champ? Her mechanics seem really interesting. She looks like more of a caster support to me, but is she capable of putting out some decent damage too?

Aesthet1c said:
Is Orianna a pretty good champ? Her mechanics seem really interesting. She looks like more of a caster support to me, but is she capable of putting out some decent damage too?

Absolutely. She's very unusual to play, though, and her escape mechanics are limited. Think of her as a very strange Lux.

2th

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
Absolutely. She's very unusual to play, though, and her escape mechanics are limited. Think of her as a very strange Lux.

actually she has great escape mechanics with dissonance. you can either throw the ball at someone with her Q and then use dissonance for the aoe slow or while the ball is on you us it to speed yourself up. also a worse case scenario is to throw the ball at the enemy and ult as you run away only after the ball is behind them slight so they get flung back. a good orianna ia hard to catch honestly.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm talking about once they are on you, not chasing you.

Chasing, I agree. She has quite a few tools. On you... nyeh.
Isn't that about the same for every ap carry?
That's why you run flash and have map awareness.

god fuck this game

had a jax that was dominating

I kept telling Ashe "Get SotD so we can melt him, once he's gone we're ok"

She makes Bloodthirster...

Fuck

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
FlightOfHeaven said:
god fuck this game

had a jax that was dominating

I kept telling Ashe "Get SotD so we can melt him, once he's gone we're ok"

She makes Bloodthirster...

Fuck
Could be worse. Had an hour and ten minute game I lost and the Warwick on my team still had a Doran's Shield and a Dagger.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
FlightOfHeaven said:
I'm talking about once they are on you, not chasing you.

Chasing, I agree. She has quite a few tools. On you... nyeh.
She is more sturdier than Lux, in my experience. Shield on yourself and W to get a moveboost and slow them at the same time. If you have ult you can basically get away from a group gank free. If you can survive long enough for your teammates to reach you she can bail out pretty fast, thanks to her short cooldowns.

Aesthet1c said:

i'll have to agree with the above poster. she is kind of like a strange lux. the best part i like about her is you can let the ball do most of the work while you can stay quite a way's away from team fights. her bubble gives a little more defense than lux's and her ult is great not just for damage, but also if you're being chased. just build some good AP and magic pen (if need be) items and she'll do tons of damage.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
CaptainMintMan said:
wtf does Urgot do to get that kinda spread? kek
He's underplayed as hell, and not shitty at all
Actually cause he is so fucking op early game he can break the flow of the entire match and end games early
. So people always underestimate him. Hell I have a friend who has over 1000 games played, and not counting the times he's played with me, he can count the number of other urgots he's seen on one hand.

As for what I do with him... :D I shoot rockets yeaaaah!

oh and ahem, spell vamp works on his skills.

I rather not get to into it, I want buffs on urgot! :D

Achtius

I am slowly getting better with Morgana, but I think I am going to switch to Sona.

Gotta wait until she is in the rotation so I can try.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Owlowiscious said:
oh i guess was more op before and brought down to normal levels
She was fun before when she was a nonstop music box. I find her kinda boring now. I wish they toned down her power a bit not her ability usage. She's still my favorite female hero though. She's so pretty :D

QisTopTier said:
He's underplayed as hell, and not shitty at all
Actually cause he is so fucking op early game he can break the flow of the entire match and end games early
. So people always underestimate him. Hell I have a friend who has over 1000 games played, and not counting the times he's played with me, he can count the number of other urgots he's seen on one hand.

As for what I do with him... :D I shoot rockets yeaaaah!

oh and ahem, spell vamp works on his skills.

I rather not get to into it, I want buffs on urgot! :D

I shall try him out now.

Having just started, I thought I was doing pretty well for a carry as Ashe, until my most recent game against a Yi.

Dunno if it was just me, but any time he came near me, I was dead. So much to learn.

ShadyMilkman said:
Having just started, I thought I was doing pretty well for a carry as Ashe, until my most recent game against a Yi.

Dunno if it was just me, but any time he came near me, I was dead. So much to learn.

Ashe's main way of getting out of danger is slowing the opponent and Yi's ulti counters that (never mind the fact that his alpha strike is a huge range closer).

Having said that the reason you got rolled is more likely that your team didn't or you found yourself in a 1v1 with him in a lane you were too pushed up in.

Remember, the most deadly ad carry is the one you can never get to.

Neki

QisTopTier said:
Makai pendant --> Tear ---> Boots ---> Brutilzier ---> Cooldown boots ---> Manamune ---> Last Whisper ---> Banshee ---> what ever
if you don't win in the early game with Urgot though, you're screwed.

also, Sorc Boots or CDR boots on Lux? I love CDR, but Sorc Boots make Lux hit like a truck, and I already get close to 18% CDR without the boots, hm.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Ultimoo said:
if you don't win in the early game with Urgot though, you're screwed.

also, Sorc Boots or CDR boots on Lux? I love CDR, but Sorc Boots make Lux hit like a truck, and I already get close to 18% CDR without the boots, hm.
Nah, I sell the brutilizer pick up a hextect, and frozen heart I do fine late game

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Is it me or does it feel like lane pusher characters have fallen out of the meta game? It just doesn't seem like anyone takes into consideration "Ok, character x can push lanes hard" when trying to make an even team.

drkOne

Just had my best game with Akali in like ever, while high.
I might start playing her mainly.
QN7nI.png

I had the Soulstealer by the 7 minute mark and had 4 kills with it around 12 minutes in.
They surrendered at 20.

Was laning with Leona against Singed and LB.
I've been really enjoying laning with Leona with aggressive characters. Easy to keep their pair out of the last hitting line and pushing them to tower safely.

Neki

Drkirby said:
Is it me or does it feel like lane pusher characters have fallen out of the meta game? It just doesn't seem like anyone takes into consideration "Ok, character x can push lanes hard" when trying to make an even team.
who cares about lane pushers when you can just get 3 support and a tank to support your ad carry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom