• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
DrBo42 said:
Some people have no business being in the ranked queue. I keep getting fucked over by some of the worst team mates ever. Fuck it's frustrating.

Probably best to stick to premades if you want to avoid frustration. At least until ELOs stabilize.

Woo been playing a lot last night and today. One thing that pisses me off is the people who keep running away to turrets at the site of anyone. Turrets need like 50% damage nerf at min... =\

DrBo42

I died to one at my first or second game of season 1 because I had no idea just how much they were buffed. It was crazy. I fear them now.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
DarkAngelYuna said:
Woo been playing a lot last night and today. One thing that pisses me off is the people who keep running away to turrets at the site of anyone. Turrets need like 50% damage nerf at min... =\

-Don't push onto turrets unless you're going to destroy them, as this will leave you at a positional disadvantage
-Use CCs to prevent running
-Have people from other lanes come over to burst someone down

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Tried to get accustomed to a support character so I was playing a bunch of Soraka the last couple days. Good times, especially when I know I facilitated the win for the team, but solo queue's a crapshoot (got all mages in one game etc.) so I'm back to Jax for a while!

lolling071510.jpg

Wanted to fill up the screen with 0 death Jax games but I get a little over-eager with diving on people :D

hobart

To go with what EviLore is saying... it's also important to understand the aggro rules of turrets so that you can best understand how to deal with them.

1. When approaching a Turret with creeps/minions, your Champion will be targeted by the Turret LAST. So, for example, say you are approaching a turret with 4 other minions... The turret will target and kill those 4 minions BEFORE it targets you. Understanding how many hits it takes to kill a minion (2) will give you a great idea as to how much time you have to get your shots in and move out.

2. Turret damage scales on a consecutive hit basis. This means that a turret will do more damage to you the longer it's aggro'd to you. They recently nerfed the amount gained on each consecutive hit... but it's still significant. Bottom line is... don't get caught where it's going to hit you 3-4 times early game.

3. If you target attack or skill attack an enemy champion while in aggro range... the Turret will target you. This is why it is so important to choose how and where you click carefully around the turret. So, for example, if you right click an enemy champion (auto attack) and you are in a far position... you are giving a turret all that time it takes for you to get into attack range to target you and then proceed to attack you. The same goes for ability clicks. The bottom line here is to be really really careful with how you choose to target an enemy champion while around the turret.

Properly understanding these few rules will really assist in your choices for tower diving, tower evading, and tower sieging.

hobart

EviLore said:
Tried to get accustomed to a support character so I was playing a bunch of Soraka the last couple days. Good times, especially when I know I facilitated the win for the team, but solo queue's a crapshoot (got all mages in one game etc.) so I'm back to Jax for a while!

lolling071510.jpg

Wanted to fill up the screen with 0 death Jax games but I get a little over-eager with diving on people :D

Did you purchase a boost? or did they change the way XP is gained on Twisted Treeline v. Summoner's Rift? I don't remember getting that much experience on TT on wins or loses.

Soraka is someone I've been meaning to start playing as well. Only problem is, in ranked games, I've seen her banned quite often. Great, great, game changing champion, tho.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Yeah I'm boosted up. Had like 100 games played in the beta, so outside of getting accustomed to the game again and learning how to deal with the new characters I didn't want to spend too much time in newbie land.

Blackface

Banned
I played HON a bit when I got into beta, learned a bit about the game. I eventually quit because the community is made up of 13 year old bipolarbears.

Whats the LOL community like for beginners trying to learn the game?

Inskipp

Blackface said:
Whats the LOL community like for beginners trying to learn the game?
Alot more laidback from my experience. People in practice games are rather chill and dont really rage at you for every mistake (some might even give advice).

Ranked/Normal games have their share of short- tempered asshats, so steer clear of those till you got a good picture of what you're doing.

eznark

Banned
You @ 20 yet Evilore?

And premades doesn't necessarily help! I've played with gaffers where we win in 15 but we've also been on the other end. Its going to take a week or two for things to shake out. Be patient and have fun, no matter how leet you think you are this isn't life or death.

eznark

Banned
Maybe this has been going on awhile and I just never noticed, but Janna is emerging as a dominant force in the ranked matches I've played.

Will be on around 10 tonight if anyone wants to play.

Inskipp

eznark said:
Maybe this has been going on awhile and I just never noticed, but Janna is emerging as a dominant force in the ranked matches I've played.
I always ban Janna whenever I get the chance... She's up there with Heimer as one of the annoying push- champions in the game imo.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
eznark said:

Supposedly, in pre-season, teams with Janna had the highest win %. Not sure if the Janna nerf brought that into line or not.

eznark

Banned
Her escape paths are always hilarious, darting in and out of turrets and stuff. A good Janna is really fun to watch. Speaking of, has Riot ever talked about replays or anything?

Kyoufu

It is pretty sad that people rarely play support characters yet the supports are still banned in ranked games. UGH.

bluemax

Banned
eznark said:

Jannas been pretty uber for awhile. She was a popular ban pick in the last tournament.

Inskipp

eznark said:
Speaking of, has Riot ever talked about replays or anything?
Yeah, they mentioned about including a replay- function during season 1. No proper release- date though.

Geez, ranked solo queue is plain HORRIBLE.

you get matched with complete noobs who don't know wtf they're doing.

this elo reset sucks!

They also should crackdown harder on leavers, they're ruining the game.

Leezard

LonelyIsland said:
Geez, ranked solo queue is plain HORRIBLE.

you get matched with complete noobs who don't know wtf they're doing.

this elo reset sucks!

They also should crackdown harder on leavers, they're ruining the game.
The only way to cope with it is to go carry. :/

VaLiancY

:lol :lol :lol I don't know what's wrong with me. I go negative with carries and gankers but I pick a tank and go positive by a lot. I got full stacks of Leviathan with Warmogs as a beefy Cho'gath. How I love thee.

EviLore said:

lolling071510.jpg

Jax you say? PANTHEON WOULD LIKE A WORD WITH YOU. (okay, okay, I'll give you late game)

Rayven

aka surume
Play AT- jump in LFG or hit GAFers up for a full 5.

I know they're looking at some short term changes to alleviate Ranked Solo woes.

Blackface

Banned
So I have been reading up on some champions before I jump in and play. Annie looks fun to play, and a lot like my playstyle.

Is she any good anymore?

I tried looking up builds and strategies but most were from 2009. I assume they are out-dated.

Rayven

aka surume
Blackface said:
So I have been reading up on some champions before I jump in and play. Annie looks fun to play, and a lot like my playstyle.

Is she any good anymore?

I tried looking up builds and strategies but most were from 2009. I assume they are out-dated.
She is very balanced. Solid champ with a fun psychological meta game, strong caster carry in the right hands.

Blackface said:

Is she any good anymore?

Thats what I did before playing... quit reading about champions unless you're gonna spend hours to unlock her with some random free toon or pay $$ for it.. They'll just take her away in a few days =\ Working on getting my lovely Katarina back atm.

Blackface said:

Is she any good anymore?

I think you might be able to unlock Annie permanently by friending their facebook thing or something. I unno.

hadar

Started playing last week and am currently enjoying but hell out of it, i'm just not sure on what to do with the IP i'm getting, already have 3.7k gathering dust.
Only hero I've liked playing so far has been Tristana, and this is with the free heroes from this week and the last :(

I'd like to just stick with one hero I enjoy and perhaps a support-type hero just incase the team needs it, but it's so hard to decide on what to buy when you're new to this kind of game.

Forgot to mention that back when I played HoN beta i enjoyed the crap out of Demented Shaman, but sadly i don't think there's that kind of character in this one?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I'm trying to log on right now and I can't get get anything to load. The server status/news screen just stalls. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also if I buy the retail box, will I get access to all the heroes?

Archie said:
I'm trying to log on right now and I can't get get anything to load. The server status/news screen just stalls. Is anyone else having this problem?

Also if I buy the retail box, will I get access to all the heroes?

You'll get a little less than half of them. If you bought them at launch you would have gotten most if not all of them.

Blackface

Banned
So question.

How exactly do I get to keep a champion permanently? You guys make it sounds like even if I buy them in the store for real more or in-game currency they only last a certain amount of time?

Also do the free to play heroes ever change, or are they always the same?

"So question.

How exactly do I get to keep a champion permanently? You guys make it sounds like even if I buy them in the store for real more or in-game currency they only last a certain amount of time?

Also do the free to play heroes ever change, or are they always the same?"

When you buy a champion, either with RP or IP, they are yours permanently.

The free heroes are on a weekly rotation.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Haven't played since beta, and now I suddenly have the urge to play again. Anyone on?

Blackface

Banned
Jumped into my first game. Had no idea what I was doing. Picked NuNu. Resolution changed mid-game, I changed it back but I crashed. I reconnected and the resolution was shit. So I played as is. (I was Scrimp)

Qr9mq.jpg

Thats how it ended up. I don't know if I did bad or good or if I even played NuNu properly. I just tried to stay behind the creeps, get last hits and fuck with anyone in my lane. We won.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
First game in a long time, 5/14 with Rammus.

Sadface :(

slayzz

Ranked game is pretty bad right now. Just finished a game where Jax died five time in a row then ragequited under 10 mins. Luckily I was on the other team.

y2dvd

Blackface said:

Is she any good anymore?

I've been solely using her lately. She's fun. Just build stun, then hit a large group with stun tibbers, q, w, tons of damage. You just have to sit back and wait for the action to unfold is all unless you ganking fools.

Blackface

Banned
y2dvd said:
I've been solely using her lately. She's fun. Just build stun, then hit a large group with stun tibbers, q, w, tons of damage. You just have to sit back and wait for the action to unfold is all unless you ganking fools.

Thanks for the info.

I just played a 65 minute game where most of my team DC'd outside of three of us (vs 5 of them). We were winning until the dc's.

All I have to say though is wtf. I got next to no IP for that game, yet got a tonne for the win where I played worse.

Anyway.

How do you go about getting runes? Do you have to buy them with IP? If so, do you suggest I save up for the Champion I want before buying some runes?

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
I've spent the past four hours troubleshooting and trying to figure out why this fucking game won't launch. I get stuck at this screen and can't get past it. I've tried redownloading the game (three times) and messing around with my firewall and router.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom