• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bigmakattack said:
HudxH.png

82 minute game. I hate lower ELO so goddamn much, game should of ended at 60 mins, but Udyr thought going for dragon and jungle buffs was better than backdooring, which he was more than capable of doing.

Also, Deathcaps everywhere.
i bet that karthus with 5 deathcaps just sit in his base and ulting everyone

Blizzard

Banned
I think I just fought my first Tryndamere, what an enormous pain. Thankfully his team was basically 2-3 vs 5 due to leavers, or we would have been screwed. He never died.

*edit* Oh, he has a power that makes him literally invincible, nice.

The description of bloodlust doesn't say it heals him, but the tips imply that it does. How does that work? *edit again* Looks like I should read wikis instead of the ingame notes.

Blizzard

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
Get up to 740 elo, game matches me up with trolls, idiots and asshats fighting for mid/jungle/buffs. 630 elo.
I need to sleep before I rage more. I've kinda decided I hate anyone who wants to "jungle" in the sense that they will randomly roam woods while the rest of the team dies. I wanted to finally win a game so bad before quitting tonight, and I finally did...though it took over an hour:

lol3xh1a.jpg

It was my first time ever playing Shaco, who I bought as a permanent champion because I heard he is one of the more annoying ones to play against. I was...not credit to team. I need to l earn what items to buy, for one thing.

When you have a jungler it's a good thing. In doing that you are using the whole maps potential for xp and gold because you are clearing your jungle creeps. Also, when you get in to more games where it's so evenly matched that the game hindges on knowing where the other team is, having a jungler that has not shown himself for a while can in itself be a way to play mind games on an enemy team.

Pretty much they buy wards or risk the chance of getting ganked.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
First game with Leona, I went tank with a Rylai's. Worked out pretty well for me. Of course it was an 80+ minute game because two of our dps, had no dps till some 60 minutes in. Making it beyond frustrating for me.

And I follow that up with a 60+ minute game as Nasus. Nice way to put that game. Lets not have a jungle and not let my Nasus have a solo lane to start. So basically me and Tyrand couldn't kill each other on top... and we just farmed. The game was nothing more than Nasus vs Tyrand. Of course, this was complete with a whiner in the beginning talking down about me picking Nasus.

All that rage built up after those two, I had to play Lux in rank. *Smirk*. 3/0/14.

Blizzard said:
I need to sleep before I rage more. I've kinda decided I hate anyone who wants to "jungle" in the sense that they will randomly roam woods while the rest of the team dies.

It's one thing to have a bad jungler, it's another thing to have two bad junglers fighting over it.

The trick to Shaco is to go AP Shaco and PUT BOXES EVERYWHERE.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Have they split the realms on EU yet, tried to login and it's a 45 minute queue.

Kozak

Banned
ItAintEasy said:
When you have a jungler it's a good thing. In doing that you are using the whole maps potential for xp and gold because you are clearing your jungle creeps. Also, when you get in to more games where it's so evenly matched that the game hindges on knowing where the other team is, having a jungler that has not shown himself for a while can in itself be a way to play mind games on an enemy team.

Pretty much they buy wards or risk the chance of getting ganked.

No.

Having a jungler isn't automatically a good thing.

Having a good jungler is a good thing. Most people in this game are not good junglers.

Don't jungle because your team has no jungler, jungle because you are good enough at it that it would benefit your team.

Jungling is what makes me most sick about this game.

Kozak said:
No.

Having a good jungler is a good thing. Most people in this game are not good junglers.

Don't jungle because your team has no jungler, jungle because you are good enough at it that it would benefit your team.

I guess I just play in games where I just assume the jungler is competent. Can't recall the last time I can say that the jungler on my team cost us the game.

Boken

Banned
Kozak said:
No.

Higher up the chain its easier to "jungle well". It however is still hard to lane well. People who cant solo properly are the only reason why jungling would be bad.

idlewild_

Blizzard said:
It was my first time ever playing Shaco, who I bought as a permanent champion because I heard he is one of the more annoying ones to play against. I was...not credit to team. I need to l earn what items to buy, for one thing.

spirit visage on shaco?

EXGN

Been trying HotshotGG's Cho build, fun stuff!

carrycho.png

I carried hard, was like 10/1/10 until I started tanking their base turrets. Ashe wasn't really a presence until the last five minutes, she got like 5 kills in that time frame.

Blizzard

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
It's one thing to have a bad jungler, it's another thing to have two bad junglers fighting over it.

Hmm, I thought I saw someone saw Shaco (or at least AP Shaco) had been nerfed. Is that still effective? The main annoyance is that boxes go away after only 90 seconds if I recall correctly.

We also had a Teemo on my team. Teemo is apparently a cute little bird, but he had like a million assists so he must have been doing something useful even if he didn't speak English. I'm guessing he was the champion putting mushrooms EVERYWHERE, and those didn't seem to go away after 90 seconds unlike Shaco's boxes. Free tiny wards, I guess.

EXGN said:
Been trying HotshotGG's Cho build, fun stuff!

carrycho.png

I carried hard, was like 10/1/10 until I started tanking their base turrets. Ashe wasn't really a presence until the last five minutes, she got like 5 kills in that time frame.

That looks... interesting.

Fjord

CrazedProfessional said:

I think I might see why you're 680 ELO.

Basically the biggest mistake you can make is sitting in the bush. You'll end up with an alright kill/death ratio, wondering why you lost the game. A player's creep score is basically how good they are (depending on role of course).

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Shaco hasn't been good for a while Blizzard, sorry to say.

The metagame is not forgiving for someone like him.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Halycon said:

He is level 10, I don't think the whole Metagame nonsense is applicable to him at the moment.

Blizzard

Banned
Drkirby said:
He is level 10, I don't think the whole Metagame nonsense is applicable to him at the moment.
QUIET YOU I'M THE VERY BEST

*cries in corner after losing 5 games in a row even with Soraka*

SamVimes

I have problems playing with a friend of mine, everytime i invite him i time out and have to quit the game, does anyone know how to fix this?

EXGN

red_13th said:
Wit's End on Cho? Never would've thought of that.
I love Wit's End on Koggy, it's cheap and super useful.

It synergizes really well with Vorpal Spikes. I'm not the best at theory crafting, but combined it gives like +120 for each attack.

Blizzard

Banned
Games are such a crapshoot (of course). One game I died 5-6 times as Soraka and we got crushed, but the next time we (different team) had pretty great teamwork, and I was like 2/0/13.

One game had a terrifying Vayne on the other team. I think she was literally doing like 500 damage per hit.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Halycon said:

As long as you don't get high up in the Elo(1500+), he is still extremely competent. Basically once you get players who understand stealth. He becomes near worthless since he is a melee squishy. Where most AEs or burst damage will take him out of the match.

Just played with my first legit high elo player ever. I got randomly invited into a Ranked 5v5 by someone that added me a while back. There is a definite difference between anyone around 1300-1400 and someone above 1700. He won mid as a Pantheon against an Anivia, and managed to bring our team back (with help from us of course) after their Udyr got fed top (8-1-1 with something like 150 CS).

Game was interesting in that whoever got Baron lost the next team fight (we split Baron 2-2). We missed the last Baron because two of us were just respawning and another went back. We arrived late, but managed to keep them in the Baron area with a Jarv ult blocking them all in, and a Pantheon jump on top of them. We pushed down all of their mid towers and their two Nexus turrets then got aced for staying too long. Then as they started to push back, Pantheon ulted into their Nexus and won it for us.

Fjord said:
I think I might see why you're 680 ELO.

I got the impression he wanted to be more annoying as Shaco, not be a good Shaco (if those exist).

The most annoying part of Shaco is to put boxes everywhere. Not necessarily sit in one bush; put them in as many bushes as you can. Make the enemy paranoid that the next bush they go in could mean their death if you''re in it.

Put boots of Mobility on that fucker and roam the map. Be an opportunist while also using boxes to scout and just generally be annoying.

Of course you can just disagree and wave your higher ELO as if it's a merit to talk over me.

goober

thestopsign said:
Just played with my first legit high elo player ever. I got randomly invited into a Ranked 5v5 by someone that added me a while back. There is a definite difference between anyone around 1300-1400 and someone above 1700. He won mid as a Pantheon against an Anivia, and managed to bring our team back (with help from us of course) after their Udyr got fed top (8-1-1 with something like 150 CS).

Game was interesting in that whoever got Baron lost the next team fight (we split Baron 2-2). We missed the last Baron because two of us were just respawning and another went back. We arrived late, but managed to keep them in the Baron area with a Jarv ult blocking them all in, and a Pantheon jump on top of them. We pushed down all of their mid towers and their two Nexus turrets then got aced for staying too long. Then as they started to push back, Pantheon ulted into their Nexus and won it for us.
Stuff like this is why we need replays. Good stuff man

Is the chat down for anyone else? there's a warning message at the top saying

"Some games may not be starting properly. We are currently working to resolve the issue."

Might have something to do with it.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
PoorFate said:
Is the chat down for anyone else? there's a warning message at the top saying

"Some games may not be starting properly. We are currently working to resolve the issue."

Might have something to do with it.
There are some server issues right now. The client was saying the NA servers were "busy" earlier.

Jenga

Banned
server started fucking up and it loaded me in as annie when i locked in as someone else

sorry team, i ain't gonna waste 20 minutes of my time

Blizzard

Banned
I don't know if it was due to the server issues or me making an EU account, but I lost my mastery pages back on the original account (and maybe my runes as well). :( I suspect there's some file I will need to remember to backup before changing accounts.

CrazedProfessional said:
I got the impression he wanted to be more annoying as Shaco, not be a good Shaco (if those exist).

The most annoying part of Shaco is to put boxes everywhere. Not necessarily sit in one bush; put them in as many bushes as you can. Make the enemy paranoid that the next bush they go in could mean their death if you''re in it.

Put boots of Mobility on that fucker and roam the map. Be an opportunist while also using boxes to scout and just generally be annoying.

Of course you can just disagree and wave your higher ELO as if it's a merit to talk over me.

Yea, that is definitely you not thinking things through. Shaco is in his element when he is jungling. He has fast ganks, that are almost sure-fire to at least harass the lane, maybe even kill if they are too far out of position. The nerfs have hit his jungle a bit, so it's a bit harder to achieve (he's one of the few junglers I can't get a hang of), but that really is what he should be doing instead of laning if you play him.

The early ganks and jungle need to get your team an advantage, because he really is just too weak late game unless extremely fed. Going AP Shaco is sort of like admitting defeat, or just something you do to fuck around. He basically becomes a semi-incompetent Teemo, who isn't ranged.

I see you talking a lot about how your teams suck, just man up and play with GAF. It'll be a good way to test your mettle, and in the same time it would allow us to give you tips if you need them. There are some very specific things that can keep you in low ELO that can only really be seen if we see you play. If you are good enough with a champ, you can carry, support, or tank a team to victory. Not every game of course, but you'll surely increase your ratio from the W3-L5 to W4-L3.

Blizzard

Banned
Servers have been hosed this afternoon/evening. I managed to get into a 3v3 random, but preformed teams didn't find any 5v5 matches in the last day or two when I tried.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom