• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fjordson

Anyone here play Udyr? Seriously considering getting him, he seems really fun. I love beefy champs.

For some reason I thought he was strictly a tank with mediocre damage at best, but the last few times I've faced him in both 3's and 5's he's been destroying people.

bigmakattack said:
I wish it wasn't.

How!? Shatter in the middle of a team?

Yeah, from what I remember they turret dived us at mid. Bindww got focused and I can't remember what happened to everyone else. All i remember is activating my ult and seeing the bodies hit the floor. :)

I basically mopped up after my teammates did the majority of the damage.

2th

Banned
Fjordson said:
Anyone here play Udyr? Seriously considering getting him, he seems really fun. I love beefy champs.

For some reason I thought he was strictly a tank with mediocre damage at best, but the last few times I've faced him in both 3's and 5's he's been destroying people.

He is a beast. my most played champion by a HUGE amount. he has been my main since he was released. He needs to be beefy as hell though and absolutely has to have ghost on him. the problem though is that he can get kited harder than any other champ in the game.

Fjordson

2th said:
He is a beast. my most played champion by a HUGE amount. he has been my main since he was released. He needs to be beefy as hell though and absolutely has to have ghost on him. the problem though is that he can get kited harder than any other champ in the game.
Would I build him similar to Irelia then? I go for Tri force, but pretty much everything else is tanky items. Worked well for me so far.

2th

Banned
Fjordson said:
Would I build him similar to Irelia then? I go for Tri force, but pretty much everything else is tanky items. Worked well for me so far.

triforce isnt a first item on udyr. this is mostly cause you are tanking more than an irelia and you have no way to restore life in large chunks like irelias ult. I typically jungle so i go Madreds razor, merc treads, omen/veil, whatever i didnt get from omen/veil, finish razor into bloodrazor. if it gets to that point you are either insanely fed or the game is just dragging on horribly.

EXGN

Fjordson said:

Most of the pros I've seen do something like Wriggles + Boots + Wits End + tank items.

Fjordson

2th said:
triforce isnt a first item on udyr. this is mostly cause you are tanking more than an irelia and you have no way to restore life in large chunks like irelias ult. I typically jungle so i go Madreds razor, merc treads, omen/veil, whatever i didnt get from omen/veil, finish razor into bloodrazor. if it gets to that point you are either insanely fed or the game is just dragging on horribly.
EXGN said:
Most of the pros I've seen do something like Wriggles + Boots + Wits End + tank items.
Ah, okay. Thanks for the tips. I'll try him out soon.

Though I'm having some major issues with getting into a game at the moment =(

Fjord

Lane Udyr is dominant right now. Using flash and ghost they take the top lane and bully people around. Even though they're not jungle they'll still usually make wriggle's.

2th

Banned
EXGN said:

i tend to avoid wriggles on udyr if i can help it. i would much rather have the bloodrazor later on but i will get wriggles if i really need to. I tend to like relying on turtle for lifesteal though.

Fjord said:
Lane Udyr is dominant right now. Using flash and ghost they take the top lane and bully people around. Even though they're not jungle they'll still usually make wriggle's.

lane udyr is a gimmick right now. people think it is amazing but it is very easy to counter with any decent harass.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
2th said:
lane udyr is a gimmick right now. people think it is amazing but it is very easy to counter with any decent harass.
As long as you understand you may not kill him. He'll poses relatively zero threat to you. He is weak as shit at the start and really doesn't become strong till he gets a few items. A hard range DPS should be able to atleast zone him out enough to hurt his leveling/farming. If not kill him.

2th

Banned
shintoki said:
As long as you understand you may not kill him. He'll poses relatively zero threat to you. He is weak as shit at the start and really doesn't become strong till he gets a few items. A hard range DPS should be able to atleast zone him out enough to hurt his leveling/farming. If not kill him.

correct. most people just see the turtle shield and stop harassing. and that is when they lose the lane.

2th

Banned
Ultimoo said:
now lanewick on the other hand

His problem was the range on hungering strike. HE can do damage to you while healing himself from outside melee range. Lane udyr cannot do that.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
2th said:
correct. most people just see the turtle shield and stop harassing. and that is when they lose the lane.
He is slow, low damage, and zero ways to close the distance other than a small speed increase. Best of all, he has no range. Maybe a Ram would be a worse solo lane... but you can't ask for much better if you are Ashe, MF, or Trist.

If you don't have that. Then stick another self healer in the same lane. Pretty much all of them develop faster and are far less item dependent as Udyr is.

red13th

I'm reading Chauster's post on Elementz's blog, CLG are such drama queens. I love them, it's always amusing when they play tournaments 'cause shit inevitably happens to them and there's always craploads of drama involved. LOL.

undu

red_13th said:
I'm reading Chauster's post on Elementz's blog, CLG are such drama queens. I love them, it's always amusing when they play tournaments 'cause shit inevitably happens to them and there's always craploads of drama involved. LOL.
This kind of stuff wouldn't happen it the client had a proper "tournament mode". Riot can and must do a lot more than mediate, and they better or the competitive scene will leave to DotA 2.

Link to the drama

I'm not kidding though, AP Shaco is fun as shit and watching idiots walk into my box nest is pretty much a 1 hit KO. It's like a giant Teemo mushroom waiting to explode.

Maintaining a bigass nest next to dragon will get you many kills.

Blizzard

Banned
CrazedProfessional said:
I'm not kidding though, AP Shaco is fun as shit and watching idiots walk into my box nest is pretty much a 1 hit KO. It's like a giant Teemo mushroom waiting to explode.

Maintaining a bigass nest next to dragon will get you many kills.
I tried doing some games by myself with 9 bots, and attempting to jungle with the box setup on golems etc. seemed to always result in me being about 3 levels behind everyone else, and not exactly rich either. The madred's razor or whatever doesn't seem to make Shaco do a ton of damage eiher.

Regarding the boxes, again my problem is not with setting them up, but that they only last 90 seconds out of a 40+ minute game. Say you have some crazy cooldown reduction and can plant one every 10 seconds, and that's still only 6-8 boxes you can set up. That would let you get one box nest in front of the dragon, and maybe 1-2 elsewhere, and you would have to lure the other team or depend on them walking into it within the next couple of minutes. I guess you could constantly wander that area and keep the boxes updated, but that means they wouldn't be as useful in lanes, plus you'll be losing out on gold and XP from minions.

Anyway, I'll be interested to see how the buff goes and I may still practice the jungle thing with him. I tried Fiddlesticks a couple of times, and he's fun, but I am TERRIBLE with the ult. I kept doing the initial trigger in a bad place and got it cancelled by Vayne like 3-4 times.

red13th

I played Lee Sin yesterday and I was reminded how much fun he is. I hope Monkey King has a similar high-mobility playstyle.

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
undu said:
This kind of stuff wouldn't happen it the client had a proper "tournament mode". Riot can and must do a lot more than mediate, and they better or the competitive scene will leave to DotA 2.

Link to the drama

lol at that pic at the end. Major nerd detected.

y2dvd

I don't recall the last time I won 3 in a row in ranked matches lol. The level of play is so inconsistent.

I need to get Skyped installed for yall.

y2dvd said:
I don't recall the last time I won 3 in a row in ranked matches lol. The level of play is so inconsistent.

I need to get Skyped installed for yall.

Mumble is where it's at, good sir. Not everyone likes Skype due to lack of push-to-talk option.

Neki

FlightOfHeaven said:
Mumble is where it's at, good sir. Not everyone likes Skype due to lack of push-to-talk option.
Skype doesn't have a push to talk option? my god, all you people with speakers and air conditioners would drive me insane.

Ultimoo said:
Skype doesn't have a push to talk option? my god, all you people with speakers and air conditioners would drive me insane.

I use headphones regardless. My parents will wonder why I am alternatively speaking to dudes with 3 testicles or are in a throes of nerddom.

EXGN

shintoki said:

Yeah, I kinda view him as a solo Poppy - you won't be able to kill him or gank him or push him out of the lane, but unless you do something stupid he won't be a big threat.

Aesthet1c

Man Orianna is such a beast! Thanks for the recommendations. I have played like 6 games with her so far and have yet to go negative, and I accrue like 15+ assists every game.

I feel like she's a champ that can really help bring back a bad team, or really compliment a good team. Her ult is amazing in team fights, as well as pulling people under my turret. Such a fun champion to play.

I've got to get in on some GAF games but I've been pretty busy lately. Hopefully I'll be able to throw down with ya'll soon.

FlightOfHeaven said:
I use headphones regardless. My parents will wonder why I am alternatively speaking to dudes with 3 testicles or are in a throes of nerddom.

Whoa whoa hold the phone. Whos got the extra ball around here?

Hm. So I do well with Leona mid and late game. I just need to not give up 10 deaths early game. Weather I die 10 or 2 times are the start, I still do the same later.

2th

Banned
just did an aram with Leona... her mana costs are stupidly high and her damage is sub par. the cooldown on her stun is rather high too and the damage from her ult is trash. she needs a buff. badly.

with max cooldown her eclipse will be up 3+3 seconds with a 7 second cooldown. so 1 second without +70 ar/mr.

I usually have enough mana for two team fights, after which I run out.

If anyone comes to poke, ult them, sword to them (which stops people while you travel to them), and stun them. Your team should have killed them by then. now it's a 4v5.

But yeah most of the time Leona can't really init on a compentant team. She can compliment anyone else's init though.

I know it's not saying much for Leona's abailities, but a fun game was amumu/galio flash into ult into a leona ult, all while gangplank ult is raining down on top.

Hmm now I want a game with galio, amumu, nunu, gangplank, and leonoa. possible substitutes are karthus, rammus, fiddlesticks, and miss fortune

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom