• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'm 1300s but I would be 1800s if I tried.

Really man.

Really.

EXGN

shintoki said:
Everyone who I thought was high elo here... turned out to be much lower >_>

Do we even have any high Elo gaffers? Most of the people I've seen on this forum have been in the 1100-1300 range

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Ultimoo said:
elo means nothing, you should know this.
I'm just saying. I thought we had people in the 1600+ plus, but everyone is around me.

Those 11 leaves come back to bite me in the ass lol. Season II needs to come soon. I've been trying to learn how to play hard carries, jungles, and Singed!

true story bro.. with this "relatively" new account i'm sitting on 8/5..
believe it or not, of those 5 defeat 3 were LITERALLY games where we were 4vs5 from the VERY start....
and i mean that we had 2 solo lane in one, no mid in another and in the last we were tankless..

Blizzard

Banned
witchedwiz said:
true story bro.. with this "relatively" new account i'm sitting on 8/5..
believe it or not, of those 5 defeat 3 were LITERALLY games where we were 4vs5 from the VERY start....
and i mean that we had 2 solo lane in one, no mid in another and in the last we were tankless..
I had a nice record until I tried using malphite and playing 3v3, and lost the last 6-8 games in a row (4 3v3's). Then that last game was like 70 minutes and we had a yi with 1 kill. I claim that the first 2-3 3v3's had someone leave early though, so I haven't really been lucky with teams and can't convince anyone to play with me. Q.Q

red13th

2th said:
you have not been trolled properly till you see "Morde es #1 huehuehue" or "jajajajajajajajajaja you es noob"

seriously, it is sad that playing league has made me hate the Spanish and Portuguese languages as much as i do now.

Neither of those would be Brazilians FYI.
Brazilians don't say "es".
I got a fake Brazilian on a tribunal once who said stuff like "your name es bad word in Brazil". If only I could punish him twice.

2th

Banned
red_13th said:
Neither of those would be Brazilians FYI.
Brazilians don't say "es".
I got a fake Brazilian on a tribunal once who said stuff like "your name es bad word in Brazil". If only I could punish him twice.

i am using hyperbole but you get the idea... also names with BR in them tend to be brazilian. or so they claim. i avoid those names like the plague.

IceIpor

Rayven said:
Culled the list in post #2 a bit.

Post your IGN if you don't see it there and would like to be added.

Another way to add GAFfers is if you join the "NeoGAF" chat channel. Most of the regulars seem to be there.

So Rayven... if you would like to add that to your 2nd post as well, it would be much appreciated!

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Malphite is so much more fun than Leona. I hope she'll get buffed soon or something (or that someone will make a really good guide for her).

Neki

IceIpor said:
Another way to add GAFfers is if you join the "NeoGAF" chat channel. Most of the regulars seem to be there.

So Rayven... if you would like to add that to your 2nd post as well, it would be much appreciated!

the regular afkers.

ha ha.

I actually post in the channel.

Riot needs to improve what they have for team chat. This is really barebones. It should permanently take up the lower 3rd of the screen.

2th

Banned
FlightOfHeaven said:
I actually post in the channel.

Riot needs to improve what they have for team chat. This is really barebones. It should permanently take up the lower 3rd of the screen.

i disagree. i like how it fades in and out. press the Z button if you want to see stuff and it is easy :)

2th said:
i disagree. i like how it fades in and out. press the Z button if you want to see stuff and it is easy :)

Damn, that was poorly worded. I mean clan chat. Sorry. I agree about the in-game team chat being fine. I prefer it to DotA's multicolor scheme.

Anyways... got bored and desperate, and decided to solo queue. Had the most ridiculous, epic game ever. Check it.

65 minutes with multiple teamfights lasting in excess of 4 minutes. People died and came back to the same fight, thanks to the healers. Taric in particular was annoying on their team, he had very timely heals. They probably felt the same way about our Soraka.

We were down 4-14 at some point, but we rallied and played a very tight game. Lux had a Mejai's with 20 stacks at one point, but we caught them in a team fight in their jungle and managed to take her out. After that, her damage output was significantly lowered and we killed her twice more in quick succession. She sold Mejai's after that. It was a turning point because her damage output would stop us from engaging.

Achtius

FlightOfHeaven said:
Damn, that was poorly worded. I mean clan chat. Sorry. I agree about the in-game team chat being fine. I prefer it to DotA's multicolor scheme.

[U RL="http://i.imgur.com/4iqH0.png"][IM G]http://i.imgur.com/4iqH0.png[/IMG][/URL][U RL="http://i.imgur.com/gk9BO.png"][I MG]http://i.imgur.com/gk9BO.png[/IMG][/URL]

how did u get to the 2nd graph? ranked game only?

Ultimoo said:
Lux with no survivability is a bad Lux. And no lichbane either. do not want.

Her team did a supremely good job of shielding her. She was hard to approach, and even then she'd flash out. Only reason we caught her was because it was after a teamfight where we split them up between their blue and the other path leading to Baron. Most everyone had died except for 4 people (2v2) and they finally managed to nab her.

That lux was decent, but yeah she needed some survivability.

Blizzard

Banned
I just played a game against a really bad team (I think we had hardly any deaths), but it may have been the first time I've seen Sona. She has boobs, and plays beautiful music whenever she walks OR attacks! And she got first blood killing mordekaiser in like the first minute (possibly with help from yi). It made me happy.

We also had a maokai helping us kill towers with his zone thing. Overpowered perhaps, but so nice.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Blizzard said:
We also had a maokai helping us kill towers with his zone thing. Overpowered perhaps, but so nice.
Maokai's Ult doesn't really do anything to kill towers though. It's really only effective in team fights when he can predict (or initiate) where the battle actually take place.
Owlowiscious said:
Leona's E sword makes her a very unique tank champion. I love her for it. The only thing that comes close is Shen's taunt.
Now you are starting to make a bad tank party.

dimb

Owlowiscious said:
Was I being obtuse? Leona and Shen are pretty underpowered. Their damage is poor, particularly in the case of Leona (who runs the burden of needing someone else around her at all times), and with the number of available champions there just isn't a reason to pick them. Kills will just slip through their fingers that other tanks could easily pick up with a team, so they can't really contribute all that much.

Dance In My Blood said:
Was I being obtuse? Leona and Shen are pretty underpowered. Their damage is poor, particularly in the case of Leona (who runs the burden of needing someone else around her at all times), and with the number of available champions there just isn't a reason to pick them. Kills will just slip through their fingers that other tanks could easily pick up with a team, so they can't really contribute all that much.
I don't play shen but I do just fine playing leona and helping my team get kills and contributing a lot

btw is 260(w)+220(e)+360(r) = 830 +140-420(passivex3) aoe not a lot of burst?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
We had a Master Yi on the enemy team snowball out of control. Got 75% of his teams kills, he was level 18 when we were 12 and 13, went 31/6/2. He would just cut us down in line one after anther.

Fjordson

Damn, Poppy is pretty fun. Having a ton of success with her and Rumble this week. Might have to buy one of them.

I really love Poppy in 3's. When I can set up a heroic charge into a wall whoever I'm attacking is pretty much done.

Neki

Owlowiscious said:
I don't play shen but I do just fine playing leona and helping my team get kills and contributing a lot

if you ignore the natural MR heroes receive, and the MR going to get late in the game, then yes, not a lot of burst.

dimb

Owlowiscious said:

Why are you sticking up for Leona's damage? Much more calling it AOE or burst? I just don't understand. No, 830 imaginary damage (which is going to get mitigated) is not a lot, and building Leona with DPS doesn't go well from what I hear or see.

Meanwhile, in the land of tanks that do damage:
e6e2f62150b355316df49bec9cc08fd84490bbb0.jpg

dimb

Ultimoo said:
I wish I lived in the world without ap casters when I play Malphite.
It's easy living under 30. Especially this week, where people pull in Anivia as their mage and don't know how to play her.

2th

Banned
Drkirby said:
We had a Master Yi on the enemy team snowball out of control. Got 75% of his teams kills, he was level 18 when we were 12 and 13, went 31/6/2. He would just cut us down in line one after anther.

thornmail and stuns... laugh as yi dies.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
2th said:
thornmail and stuns... laugh as yi dies.
We did in fact all get Thornmail, and was able to kill him quiet a few times in the end. The problem was even though we got to the point where we could take him down without to much trouble, there was to much damage done to the base. I had to actually use my ult on the Minions in an act of desperation to try and save the base, which only bought us like 20 seconds. If we could of cleared the last big wave we likely could of actually won.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom