• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

2th

Banned
Drkirby said:
How the hell does someone get 400 minion kills by 40 minutes.

Really wish there was anther item that gave both Armor and Damage other then Atma's Impaler. Had to get one to help with Xin Zaoh, and a Force of Nature so the Heimerdinger with 1k AP stopped killing me. Rest of the team wasn't much of a problem. Singed was hard to kill, but didn't cause much trouble, Lux got a few people spaming her ult at the end, Jax got a few good shots on me.

if you let a heimer get 1000ap you deserve to lose. just saying.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
2th said:
if you let a heimer get 1000ap you deserve to lose. just saying.
He had 530 Minion Kills on his team :/

072311.png

I just don't know what happened, at one point in the game Heimer was 18 while people from the top were still 11. The Anivia was our mid.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Ultimoo said:
Does stacking AA give you really that much AP?
Yeah, it is the way to get the most AP in the game.

With that many staffs, he had between 3010 and 4010 Mana (Likely maxed). 1410 normally, 400 per staff, and the unique passive which caps at 1000 mana. The other effect, "3% of your maximum mana is converted to Ability Power", is not unique, so with 4 staffs 12% of his mana was converted to AP. At 4010, that would be 481. Then you have the 45 AP per staff, that would be 661. Then add the 140 AP from Deathcap, so you are at 801. Then do the 30%, and you are at 1041.

Ultimoo said:
Does stacking AA give you really that much AP?

Not significantly more than a Cap with other AP items, and you don't get the benefit all the varied AP items give you (MagPen, MagRes, Slow, CDR, Mana increase, Health increase).

I don't see the point, really.

red13th

Just "lost" a coop game. The other 4 players were terrible (the GP had mobility and 4 Phantom Dancers) but I was doing the usual push routine against bot. When I reached the nexus turrets they started a surrender vote and it fucking passes 4-1.
I never raged so hard in LoL.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Nah, it isn't that great. As you can see, he doesn't have that many kills. All I had to do was get him with the ult, and he was dead before being unstunned.

I think my favorite move was when I vollyed and fired my ult right after, disarming singed's Banshee's Veil just before the arrow landed, then with the help of my team were we able to kill him in 2 or 3 seconds.

red_13th said:
Just "lost" a coop game. The other 4 players were terrible (the GP had mobility and 4 Phantom Dancers) but I was doing the usual push routine against bot. When I reached the nexus turrets they started a surrender vote and it fucking passes 4-1.
I never raged so hard in LoL.

So what your saying is that GP was the "rocket ship"?

Neki

Drkirby said:
The model, or gameplay changes? The changes don't seem to bad on paper, the model is meh.
the game play changes look terrible. her passive was awesome, and increasing someone's early game to make their late game worse is just bad. :(

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I will wait to see how much her passive reduces armor and MR before deciding. If it stays at 2% per stack throughout the whole game, it will be shit. It was really hard to tell how high it was later game though. If it does something like 10% per stack near the end, her passive should help a lot in team battles.

Looking at the videos, I do know it caps at 5 stacks, and it does about 8.9% at max stacks at level 3 (So I am assuming 2% per stack).

Edit: Oh, in case any of you give a damn about the lore (At the very least it tends to imply future changes), it seems LeBlanc impersonated Jarven the IV in the battle with Swain. If you look at the full resolution image, you can see her reflection in Swain's breast plate:
http://riot-web-static.s3.amazonaws.com/images/Journal of Justice/Issue 25/JoJ Project NEW.JPG

My guess is LeBlanc will get back in power, and thus a new Queen LeBlanc skin!

Also, I have my money on that Darin guy mentioned in the Journal of Justice thing being the next new character.

Blizzard

Banned
I keep forgetting to save screenshots so I can ask for appropriate advice about items etc. I continue to typically lose with malphite -- last game I had like 7/1/10 or 8/1/10, and was pushing mid so I was usually 2-3 levels ahead of everyone else on my team. I ended up with that thing that's built on the heart of gold, sunfire cape, mercury's treads, I think force of nature, maybe the veil?

Also, Akali is super annoying to fight as Malphite. Her stun/disable thing is really rough even with mercury's treads.

Lastly, the team kept complaining that I should be helping more. I tend to be very averse to charging into certain death against 3-4 nearly full health guys, since I feel extremely confident that 2-3 people point blank on malphite will kill 2000-3000 HP in no time flat. I think the one death I even had was basically sacrificing myself to try to kill a tower, which went down shortly after that from minions. Should I try to sacrifice myself more often and hope my team can do damage? I try to wait and use my ult in strategic locations, especially if I can hit 2-3 enemies who are near half health, since that tends to mean that 1-2 of them can be finished off by my team. But it's not like I was getting 20 assists or anything. I don't know the overall balance, but the kill balance for our teams was about 43/44 last I remember.

Achtius

Blizzard said:
Lastly, the team kept complaining that I should be helping more. I tend to be very averse to charging into certain death against 3-4 nearly full health guys, since I feel extremely confident that 2-3 people point blank on malphite will kill 2000-3000 HP in no time flat. I think the one death I even had was basically sacrificing myself to try to kill a tower, which went down shortly after that from minions. Should I try to sacrifice myself more often and hope my team can do damage? I try to wait and use my ult in strategic locations, especially if I can hit 2-3 enemies who are near half health, since that tends to mean that 1-2 of them can be finished off by my team. But it's not like I was getting 20 assists or anything. I don't know the overall balance, but the kill balance for our teams was about 43/44 last I remember.

Try using your ult to initiate the battle, spam whatever AoE you have and your teammate will do the rest. Also spam all your single target skill at their squishy.

Blizzard

Banned
Achtius said:
Try using your ult to initiate the battle, spam whatever AoE you have and your teammate will do the rest.
That's typically what I try to do, ideally armor up then ult then ground pound, but if my teammates are low I don't feel the 500-ish damage will result in the enemies being killed, and it can easily result in us wiping instead if teammates charge in and enemies still have 75% health. The team nearly got ganked doing baron and I ult'd the front attackers to try to hold them off. I think only two of us made it out with the buff.

EXGN

Blizzard said:
That's typically what I try to do, ideally armor up then ult then ground pound, but if my teammates are low I don't feel the 500-ish damage will result in the enemies being killed, and it can easily result in us wiping instead if teammates charge in and enemies still have 75% health. The team nearly got ganked doing baron and I ult'd the front attackers to try to hold them off. I think only two of us made it out with the buff.

The glory of Malph's ult isn't the damage it does (it helps) but the CC. Knocking an entire team of players into the air for two seconds should be more than enough time for your team to kill their carries and what not.

red13th

Drkirby said:
When Skarner was shown at E3, Riot said he is farther out then the other two. He may be the very next though.

They posted a list saying the order was Yorick, Leona, someone, then Skarner.
"Someone" ended up being Monkey King.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I am almost certain someone at riot said there would be 3 people between Yorick and Skarner.

At any rate, Skarner should be out pretty soon.

riot must be snorin some major crack when they decided to ner kayle
she's already underpowered and unpopular, now she's worse.
how about nerf Yorick? cause that mofo is OP right now.

Neki

Ladyboy101 said:
riot must be snorin some major crack when they decided to ner kayle
she's already underpowered and unpopular, now she's worse.
how about nerf Yorick? cause that mofo is OP right now.
lol yorrick

and lol @ on voice chat and no one is talking

Achtius

Just played a game with Blizzard (SummonsInTrouble). Started out rough, but steamrolled them at the end in team battle. Nice initiate Blizzard :)

Gaf_Team.png

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So you're saying that if a tanky-dps hero gets good farm, he can be good at tanking and dps?

2th

Banned
Halycon said:
So you're saying that if a tanky-dps hero gets good farm, he can be good at tanking and dps?

pretty much. you let olaf, udyr, ww, rammus, malphite, or amumu get farmed and they will be meat shields while pumping out decent damage

GAFfers gonna GAF I guess.

Oh, and the 6 man glitch strikes again...

Riot, you're lucky that your core game is so damn good. Glitches like these and the "random select banned champ" along with a poor client UI... man, guys, get it in gear! :(

FlightOfHeaven said:
Riot, you're lucky that your core game is so damn good. Glitches like these and the "random select banned champ" along with a poor client UI... man, guys, get it in gear! :(

Yeah all they do is sit around and do nothing all day.

Eating waffles and such.

Ferga

was in another game with 4 non english speaking players. At the beginning of the game i asked whether they could please speak english when needed.

5 seconds later the team starts spamming:

SUCK MY DICK!

then proceeds to talk in another language.

LOVE THIS GAME!

Blizzard

Banned
Sona is a nightmare. I just played against her, and even with 37 players on my team, we still only killed her once before losing. I missed her with malphite's ult twice. :(

Neki

Ferga said:
was in another game with 4 non english speaking players. At the beginning of the game i asked whether they could please speak english when needed.

5 seconds later the team starts spamming:

SUCK MY DICK!

then proceeds to talk in another language.

LOVE THIS GAME!
don't play with me then, my english is...how you say...not good?

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
Morello said:
The excuse for...what? Good heals? You act like I'm defending something there, when I really am not sure what your accusation even is.

We didn't want to hold the Kayle thing back to wait for the healing patch. There is one.
This scares me.

Ikuu

Had his dog run over by Blizzard's CEO
Oh wow, decide to play some LoL for the first time in forever and feel like playing Support. First game nobody picks a carry, and the second game someone insta-locks Janna :(

I wish they would steal the Hero Guide from HoN, always forget my item and skill builds.

siddhu33

I play TF regularly now, and I have settled on a build....
Here it is:
1. AP Tome + Health Pot
2. Sheen
3. Sorc Shoes
4. Hextech Revolver
5. Guinsoo's Rageblade
6. Finish Triforce ( Sheen, then Phage)
7. Hextech Gunblade
8. Banshee's Veil.

Is it any good?

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
siddhu33 said:
I play TF regularly now, and I have settled on a build....
Here it is:
1. AP Tome + Health Pot
2. Sheen
3. Sorc Shoes
4. Hextech Revolver
5. Guinsoo's Rageblade
6. Finish Triforce ( Sheen, then Phage)
7. Hextech Gunblade
8. Banshee's Veil.

Is it any good?
Probably the most common and basic TF build in existence. Personally I prefer a heavier AP TF but if that's what you like and it works for you go with it.

Legato.Reborn- said:
Yeah all they do is sit around and do nothing all day.

Eating waffles and such.

I'm sure they are doing something, but I do wish they'd prioritize the feature set and usability of LoL. The store (Champs, Skins, Runes) in particular isn't very good, and the lack of a fully-fleshed clan channel is sorely lacking.

siddhu33

Dance In My Blood said:
Probably the most common and basic TF build in existence. Personally I prefer a heavier AP TF but if that's what you like and it works for you go with it.
What is your build?

2th

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:

yeah that isnt the most common TF build in existence. the most common ones are Amp tome to sheen, deathcap, lichbane, void staff

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
FlightOfHeaven said:
Not significantly more than a Cap with other AP items, and you don't get the benefit all the varied AP items give you (MagPen, MagRes, Slow, CDR, Mana increase, Health increase).

I don't see the point, really.

The passive isn't unique. So it stacks

So if you want to just troll and get over 1000 AP in an hour long game that's what you build

Drkirby said:
He had 530 Minion Kills on his team :/

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3496710/AP/072311.png

I just don't know what happened, at one point in the game Heimer was 18 while people from the top were still 11. The Anivia was our mid.

Lol

I can't wait to get to the level where people realize Xin is a tanky DPS and not a ranged carry

and build him accordingly

also I've never seen people build atmas or FoN on ashe. Does it work?

I usually just build banshees for the shield on ranged carries

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
2th said:
yeah that isnt the most common TF build in existence. the most common ones are Amp tome to sheen, deathcap, lichbane, void staff
It's the most popular TF Mobafire guide and I see the Trinity Force -> Rageblade in tons of games. Not saying you won't see other stuff, but lots of people play that.
siddhu33 said:
What is your build?
I am trying to move away from set builds right now to situationally buy stuff based on gold, when I have to/can go back, etc. Usually start with boots and health pots though, and aim for basic AP items like Death Cap, Lichbane, Hourglass etc and mixing in defensive items based on the enemy team comp. Doesn't have to be fancy.

Retro_ said:
The passive isn't unique. So it stacks

So if you want to just troll and get over 1000 AP in an hour long game that's what you build

I'm aware, but most people only get to 600 AP before the game is over anyways, and it would have been far more useful to get varied effects with a total of 500 AP instead of 600 AP with the Angel stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom