• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT| Free to play Dota clone (PC)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Achtius

Orianna.png

First time as Orianna against people, kinda did horribly. :O

Achtius

Only one person knows English, I didn't know what's going on

edit: Well he d/ced half the time, and not sure what he was doing the other half.

Merovin

What a game, I have no idea how we managed to hold on for so long and win. Such a good game though, the atmosphere was incredible.

FoMZ0.png

What was Urgot doing?

Look, I understand dying a lot. I've been guilty of it, though not to that extent. However, when I died I made sure to at least touch another champion to get the assist. I do not understand a score of 0/28/1.

Merovin

FlightOfHeaven said:
What was Urgot doing?

Look, I understand dying a lot. I've been guilty of it, though not to that extent. However, when I died I made sure to at least touch another champion to get the assist. I do not understand a score of 0/28/1.

I honestly wish I could answer that, I really do. :/

Blizzard

Banned
I think I have seen a couple of people in this thread mention an introductory video now. I played the tutorial and went from there...is it still worth watching such a long video if you have played 50-60 games and are at least doing mediocre/average?

Blizzard said:
I think I have seen a couple of people in this thread mention an introductory video now. I played the tutorial and went from there...is it still worth watching such a long video if you have played 50-60 games and are at least doing mediocre/average?

There are some things you'll only gain through experience, like map awareness, or just plain knowledge of the map. You know what else is awesome? Wards. Fine the prime areas to throw down wards.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Interficium said:
It seems that Wukong is pre-patches Lee Sin/Yorick bad.
Only had one on my team today and he just complained about how people focused him down. I don't think he got any kills.

Also, new Kayle seems kind of cool since she can have Righteous Fury up like all the time.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Holy shit that urgot makes me want to play and just post up screens of rape to redeem how shitty that pic is... then again BUFFS PLEASE ;D

EXGN

Interficium said:

Wowza, that bad? I was thinking he looked pretty interesting but I'll hold off. Looks like maybe I'll end up spending my IP on Trundle or something.

Neki

Interficium said:
clarity/flash

doran's ring/boots/rod of ages/sorc shoes (or ionian boots)/rabadons. game should be over by then.

ew. just run flash/CV

meki pendant/tear/death cap/arch angel staff/banshee veil/ blah/blah/blah

Interficium said:

wukong is awesome, almost impossible to kill.

undu

The enemy hit his weak spot for massive damage.

anyway, the new patch is not being yet up in europe makes me sad.

Achtius

If I play Karma and Orianna, which Seal should I take: Clarity or Force? Also which Quint should I get: Insight or Potency?

Right now, I have Greater Mark of Insight and Greater Glyph of Force.

Neki

Achtius said:
If I play Karma and Orianna, which Seal should I take: Clarity or Force? Also which Quint should I get: Insight or Potency?

Right now, I have Greater Mark of Insight and Greater Glyph of Force.

Get Celerity for Orianna.

Neki

Achtius said:
Quint of Celerity or Glyph?

If glyph then I can't afford it yet, maybe in the future.

You want Glyph of Celerity and flat AP quints. But it's expensive, so you should stick to Force Glyphs until you know you'll actually like the hero, then buy a rune set.

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
I need to get used to me being so god damn squishy as Ashe. Once I can get a Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge I am good to go, but till then I am just killed so fast and can't do much if I get in a bad spot like 2 v 3 and they separate us two.

Maybe I should pick up Vampiric Scepter earlier to help sustain, like after the BF sword.

Neki

Drkirby said:
I need to get used to me being so god damn squishy as Ashe. Once I can get a Phantom Dancer and Infinity Edge I am good to go, but till then I am just killed so fast and can't do much if I get in a bad spot like 2 v 3 and they separate us two.

Maybe I should pick up Vampiric Scepter earlier to help sustain, like after the BF sword.

You're supposed to be squishy, you're the hard ad carry. that's the reason why you need a team to support you.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Drkirby said:

Ashe is the weakest of the hard carries. Trist, Cait, and MF all hit harder then you + have more damage/speed enhancing bonuses.

You on the other hand come with a lot more utility.

Wards and positioning are paramount.

Whenever I'm killed as Cait it's because I am out of position. I'm getting good at recognizing when I'm doing that, but not so good at caring. I'm too aggressive at times.

Achtius

Orianna seem to be good at harassing but I can't seem to get much kill with her... I think I am doing something wrong.

Also thanks Ultimoo for runes advice.

Join the NeoGAF chat channel, and go to options in the upper right hand side. Set it to Auto Login.

Now, go to www.mumble.com and download Mumble. Add this to the servers:

LoLGAF
lolgaf.mumble.com
<<insert handle here>>

BAM you are now part of our community!

Achtius said:
Orianna seem to be good at harassing but I can't seem to get much kill with her... I think I am doing something wrong.

Also thanks Ultimoo for runes advice.

This happens a lot to Orianna. A lot of times I'll be second in my team in damage dealt but I actually don't have too many kills. Tons of assists though.

If you're getting killed a lot option-e (self-cast) + w is your best friend. Flash if it gets really bad.

Speaking of Urgot... this was in late May, when I was maining him (solo normal unfortunately)

11rx4ly.jpg

Urgat. Blat blat.

red13th

FlightOfHeaven said:
Join the NeoGAF chat channel, and go to options in the upper right hand side. Set it to Auto Login.

Now, go to www.mumble.com and download Mumble. Add this to the servers:

LoLGAF
lolgaf.mumble.com
<<insert handle here>>

BAM you are now part of our community!

Ooh cool I'll do that later. I tried joining the GAF channel but I had to leave early, but I'll set it to auto login (didn't even know you could do that).

Blizzard

Banned
Yet another long game...56 minutes with Achtius and others. I tried Urgot for a couple of games, and the 56 minute game was my first time trying Sion. I didn't do much but I definitely felt tanky even without high defense, so maybe something was working.

Best part of the match = someone catching a glimpse of like, 4 of the enemy team in a tiny bush near our near tower. Annie nuked the bush. =P (I think we had two aces overall and got Baron twice)

Achtius

Interficium said:
This happens a lot to Orianna. A lot of times I'll be second in my team in damage dealt but I actually don't have too many kills. Tons of assists though.

If you're getting killed a lot option-e (self-cast) + w is your best friend. Flash if it gets really bad.

Yeah I do a lot of alt e to protect myself and w to run and slow them down, but a lot of the time I just die before I can do anything.

Blizzard said:
Yet another long game...56 minutes with Achtius and others. I tried Urgot for a couple of games, and the 56 minute game was my first time trying Sion. I didn't do much but I definitely felt tanky even without high defense, so maybe something was working.

Best part of the match = someone catching a glimpse of like, 4 of the enemy team in a tiny bush near our near tower. Annie nuked the bush. =P (I think we had two aces overall and got Baron twice)

Orianna_2.png

Clairvoyance FTW :p

Edit: it was actually the first game I did decent in with Orianna.

Kozak

Banned
Merovin said:
What a game, I have no idea how we managed to hold on for so long and win. Such a good game though, the atmosphere was incredible.

FoMZ0.png

Urgot might have been crap but Jax seemed to lack some brains too.

Blizzard

Banned
Dance In My Blood said:
I vote for Flash + Flash.
8/10 in a game earlier had flash. I assume this is just normal at higher levels, a bit monotonous, but I guess most everyone uses a slot for shoes too.

R

Retro_

Unconfirmed Member
Achtius said:
Yeah I do a lot of alt e to protect myself and w to run and slow them down, but a lot of the time I just die before I can do anything.

What's your build and skill order?

I wouldn't mind... if we were clearly changing the momentum. But we weren't, and I was using this as a stress reliever after studying for my midterms tomorrow. So now I'm double stressed. :(

Achtius

Retro_ said:
What's your build and skill order?

Start with 1 Attack, then max Dissonance first and Protect second, and add points to Shockwave whenever possible.

Item-wise, is tears, shoe, deathcap, and then depends on situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom